NIRVANA.

By astoldbylani

nir·va·na a state of perfect happiness; an ideal or idyllic place. where we see what happens when an emptines... More

cast | disclaimer.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty-three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.

twenty six.

70.9K 3.5K 3.3K
By astoldbylani

"Na' what is dis I hea' you not eatin?!" Na'imah fussed at Sevyn. "You carryin my child, you need ta' eat,"

"Bitch—not yo' child," Sevyn laughed slightly. "It was um...it was hard for a while, after everything happened, I been...you know I been havin' nightmares and I didn't really have allat big of an appetite," she explained, sitting in her hospital bed with her. "But when I found out, I started tryin' more, so I'm doin way betta' now," she smiled.

"I'm so happy ta' hear dat, I want you and baby to be healthy and I want you ta' be happy," she smiled at her friend. Hearing Sev so close to tears every time she heard her voice was something she didn't think she'd ever forget.

She was scheduled to go home the next day, and she couldn't be anymore excited. Her stay at the hospital was slightly depressing, it was constant reminder of what she went through and she was just ready to be home with her dog.

"Watchu hopin' fa?" she asked, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Twins," Nana grinned.

"Girl—stop cussin' at me. You tryna kill me?!" she asked incredulously, making Na'imah laugh, before she started to cough. "You okay, baby?" Sev rubbed her back, slightly concerned.

"I-it's just like doing anything takes my breath out my body. Can't barely walk to the bathroom without bein' outta breath," she sighed. Sev had noticed, she wasn't at all as energetic, she was very tired and sleepy for hours even after she woke up. "I'on unda'stand because it's my heart not my lungs,"

"You asked yo' doctor, mama? She could probably tell you,"

"Yeah, Brix was in hea' askin the lady all these questions," she giggled. "She said somethin' about my heart pumpin' less blood to supply the same amount'a oxygen I mean I get it, I'm just annoyed," she huffed.

"I know you are. I can't wait till you can go home, Ima be up unda' you and my big head ass nephew all day long,"

"Uh uh," Nana laughed. "Do not do my son,"

"Be careful, Nana," Yasir fussed as he rushed over to help Na'imah out of the car. It was 2 o'clock the next afternoon, and after seventeen days in the hospital, she was back home—finally. She couldn't wait to try and get some sleep in their bed with Gutta who definitely wasn't supposed to be there.

He helped her to the door, watching her like a hawk—as usual. If he wasn't already protective over his girlfriend, he definitely was now.

"Welcome home, Princess," he wrapped his arms around her body as he stepped inside with a short gasp, seeing the bouquet of white roses sitting on the coffee table, some food and snacks all there for her.

"T-thank you," she mumbled, feeling herself getting emotional.

"Why you cryin', mama?" he turned her around and she immediately hugged herself to him. "What's the matter?"

"I-I just—I just missed you," she sniffed, completely melting his heart. "I missed you, I missed home, I miss my baby," she pouted.

"We missed you too, baby," he tilted her head up and staring into her eyes briefly before pressing a kiss to her lips. "We glad you back, it's nothin' more I wanted in the world then ta' see you up walkin' again, I swea'," he shook his head.

"Well I'm hea' now," she grinned, eyes still glassed over. "Whea' my son at, Yasir? You hidin' my boy?"

"Fuck me, huh?" he joked, making her laugh a bit. "He outside. He needed ta' calm down so he wouldn't run yo ass down when he see you. Big head ass dog,"

"Stop talkin' bout him!" she whined as they ventured to the back door. "Hi baby!" she called to him as soon as Brix opened the door. His head turned in their direction and he happily ran through the yard and to Na'imah, hopping up on her legs.

"Boy get down, the hell," he pushed Gutta's head. "Tryna knock ha' li' ass ova' man?"

"Yasir, hush. I'm not that little," she rolled her eyes and continued to give Gutta some affection and love that she missed. "Come on, let's go get you some treats," she grinned and he barked in response, gladly trotting right beside her, leaving Brix standing where he was, shaking his head.

"Tyler ass know he wrong fa' havin dis man wearin dis wig," Na'imah shook her head, as she and Sevyn watched Diary of A Mad Black Woman.

"Chile, every time I see dis shit it make me mad. All dat money you got and you can't these people no good lacefronts? I woulda quit, havin my black ass on a big screen lookin' crazy," she shook her head. "And it's Shemar Moore! Fine ass man lookin' bout dumb as hell,"

"And do," Nana laughed. It had been two days since she came home, and while Brix and Grim were out working, Sevyn stayed at the house with Na'imah.  "Whea' is yo' man at? I'm hungry," she pouted.

"Good fuckin' question, I tol' his ass I was starvin'. He tryna kill my baby," she shook her head, whipping her phone out to call her fiancé as the door started to open. "Aw there my baby go," she cooed. 

It was coming up on 10 pm, and Brix yawned as he came inside, seeing Na'imah staring him down, bettering his mood instantly. He'd been trying not to take his frustrations home—it'd almost been two weeks and Raven wasn't dead yet—it was getting under his skin.

Na'imah sat home suffering, recovering from bullets that could have easily taken her life, and Raven was just walking around free, he had never in his life wanted to watch the life leave someone's eyes as badly as he wanted it now. He wanted Raven to suffer like Na'imah did—and worse, he made sure everybody knew that.

"I want every fuckin' piece of information on dat bitch y'all ca' find. I wanna know where she lay ha' head, what car she drive, anybody dat work fa' ha, I want ha' mammy fuckin address. I want dis bitch found now. If I gotta mow through a hundred muh'fuckas I'a do dat. We gon make dat bitch bleed I'on give a fuck if da whole city gotta feel me behind my fuckin' wife nigga make it fuckin happen," he told his workers, all with a gun in his hand, waving it around like he was ready to shoot them next.

"Hi, Papa," Nana said to him, snapping him from his mind.

"Wassam?" he asked, walking over to the couch with her food and bending to give her a kiss. "Hea', sorry it took so long. I gotchu some'a dem chips you like too, and some candy," he said, pulling them out.

"Thank you!" she grinned. It seemed like he was giving her whatever she wanted times a million now that she was back home.

"Mhm," he nodded. "Wait—Na'imah did you take yo damn medicine?" he asked, referring to her blood pressure medication she was meant to take every day. By the look on her face, he could tell she didn't.

"I forgot! I'm sorry, Yasir stop lookin' at me like dat," she whined as he took the snacks back from her. "Stop, give it back, Ima take it!"

"I'm not playin' wit' you, Soleil. How you was sittin' in hea' all day an' forgot?" he fussed at her, going to the kitchen to get her medication from the counter, as well as a bottle of water for her to down it with. "Hea' Na'imah. Shit, stressin' me the fuck out,"

"I'm sorry, baby," she whined again, with a small pout. "Ima start rememberin', I promise," she smiled at him, as he handed her the pill and her water. "You forgive me?"

"Take the pill, I'a forgive you," he nodded. He watched her take it and he handed her the snacks back, before giving her another kiss and heading upstairs to get out of his clothes.

One thing he really didn't play about was her health. He didn't want her to be back in another bad situation because of something that they could have avoided, or something he could have stopped. He walked Gutta now, he only let her go if they were doing short distances, he wanted her to be as relaxed as possible until her energy was back to a good level. She slept so much and spent so much of her day in bed, it scared him sometimes. But he knew it was just because of her surgery that she was out of energy like this and the doctor said it'd take some time, but her energy would be back soon. 

"Baby," Nana spoke, poking her head in their room. "You mad at me?" he looked at her for a second and he could see her breathing heavy. "I didn't run," she giggled.

"Come here," he spoke as he lifted his shirt over his head. Her gaze lingered on his body as she walked toward him, and stood directly in front of him. She purposely sent an innocent smile his way and he shook his head with a smirk. He reached down and lifted her up, her legs immediately wrapping around his waist, so that she was eye level to him.

"I'm not mad at'chu. I'm nervous, aight? I want you ta' be aight, Nana. I need you ta' be healthy and recover right, so you ca' be yo' usual self. You might not rememba' what she said but if you'on take dat medication you ca' be right back onnat table, Na'imah and I'm not fa' dat shit, you was in enough pain the first time. I just need you ta' on it. Take it like yo' birth control," he chuckled. "I love you, Princess. I want you wit' me fa' the rest of our lives so don't cut yo shit short,"

"Okay," she nodded. "I love you too. Ima be better I promise," she said sincerely. "But Yasir, you know...I'on wanna be negative, because as bad as I wanna be back ta' myself again—it's a possibility dat I—you know I can't. I'on want it ta' be different fa' us" she mumbled.

"Listen baby," he sighed. "Whateva' you comes afta' dis, is the you I want. I just want my baby to be healthy you hea' me? As long as its blood pumping in yo veins, I want you. Ima want you regardless of any of dat shit you hea' me?", he asked and she nodded.  "Speak up, bae,"

"I hea' you," she nodded again, laying her head on his shoulder.

"Good. Na' gon' and get yo food, tell Sev goodnight. I want you ta' myself," he smirked.

"Carry me," she mumbled, head still laying on him. He smacked his lips, trying to put her down but she refused to let him go. "Yasir! What happened to caring about my heart! I'm supposed to be resting, Papa," she laughed.

"You a fuckin' baby, you know dat? Li' spoiled ass," he said as he began to walk her back downstairs.

"I'm your baby, right?" she lifted her head to look at him with a smile.

"Yeah" he laughed. "You my baby,"

"Bae! Whea' you at" Yasir called as he walked in the door. Another week of Nana being home had gone by, and he was more than ready to see her today. It was mid afternoon—he had just stopped by to check on her before going back to working.

As he continued to call her, he figured she must be sleeping, so he went upstairs, conforming his suspicions when he saw her laid out in the bed, on her back, with the tv on. She knocked out very easily nowadays.

"Pretty ass," he spoke, getting in the bed next to her, after taking his shorts off so she wouldn't fuss. She stirred a bit in her sleep as he gently pulled her toward him, and she eventually felt him, getting comfortable in his arms.

As he watched her sleep peacefully, he started to get more and more upset.

"I'm sorry, baby," he mumbled, twirling one of her curls around his fingers. "I'm so fuckin' sorry I couldn't be thea' wit you. I shoulda stayed, I-I wish it was me. You'on deserve dis shit. You too good. Too fuckin' pure, it's not fair you gotta go through dis shit an' I'm sorry," he finally broke his silence on how he was feeling. It was so hard for him to talk about because he didn't want Na'imah to worry—but he felt good finally saying it. Even though she was asleep.

"I swea' on my life when I find dat bitch Ima bury her. I promise you dat. You my fuckin angel on earth, ima protect you wit' everything I got. Till my last breath. I'on care if it's the last thing I do. Ima make sure her ass feel you," he continued to gently play in her hair.

He gave up the thought of going back to work, he laid peacefully with Na'imah for another hour and a half until she woke up, with a slight whimper and whine.

"Yasir?" she said quietly, eyes cracking open.

"Hey, mama," he said, withs slight smile. "You sleep good?"

"Yeah," she nodded, snuggling close against him. "You smell good,"

"I smell like weed," he laughed, and she cracked a smile.

"Real good weed," she giggled. She wasn't allowed to smoke now—and due to the fact that Yasir had basically turned her into him when it came to getting high, she was missing it a little bit.

"When you clear next month, I'a make you some edibles. Gon have you loaded,"

"Bet," she laughed. She adjusted herself so she was looking up at him, and her eyebrows furrowed up. "What is dat? Is that wr—did you get a tattoo?! Lemme see baby!" she say up, trying to look at his neck.

"Don't get mad," he chuckled, turning his head to the side so she could look at it. "I got it early, I was waitin' on you ta' notice,"

She looked through the wrapping on his neck, eyes widening as she read her own name in sightly big cursive letters, cascading down the side of his neck, right behind his ear. "Yasir! You—oh my Lord," she gasped. "Y-you got my name tattooed on you," she spoke, astonished.

"I did," he nodded. "It's on me na'. You mine, you can't go nowhea'," he said, making her blush and smile. She reached out and touched it, kind of excited to see it as it healed up and blended in with the rest of his tattoos on his next.

She really didn't believe Sev when she told her to watch him.

"I wasn't goin' nowhea' noway," she sighed dreamily, laying back in his lap, staring up at his handsome face. "I love you,"

"Yeah?" he smirked, and she nodded immediately. "I love you too, Princess,"

"Enough to take me ta' get a snowball?" she cheesed, and he smacked his teeth. "Please?" she continued to smile with all her teeth.

"Girl, bring yo' li' ass on," he chuckled and she clapped her hands excitedly before getting up from the bed to put on clothes.

hiiiiii. ik its late but i felt like writing lol.

i wanted a lil cute filler, lil give yall a lil rest or whatever 😂 its been pretty sad around here.

how did y'all enjoyyy? tell me how we felt abouttttt...

nana forgetting her medication 😐? and yasir's reaction?

nana's frustration with her breathing and energy?

yasir's talk with sleeping nana?

lemme know!

(chile this is edited) drop y'all favorite lines or your favorite part from this chapter pleaseeeeee!

till next time ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

651K 39.6K 58
Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a memory... You know you're in love when you can say anything to the person and you know t...
271 28 26
What is love to you?? Peace of mind,finding your soulmate or loving yourself to the fullest.
3.6K 207 23
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
1.8K 61 21
love | an intense feeling of deep affection.