Project X ✔ [O L D V E R S I...

By _salacious

Book 1 of 3 [ C O M P L E T E D ] Most people dream of the stars and the things that come from them. They e... More

Author's Note
|preview|
+ intro +
+ chapter one +
+ chapter three +
+ chapter four +
+ chapter five +
+ chapter six +
+ chapter seven +
+ chapter eight +
+ chapter nine +
+ chapter ten +
+ chapter eleven +
+ chapter twelve +
+ chapter thirteen +
+ chapter fourteen +
+ chapter fifteen +
+ chapter sixteen +
+ chapter seventeen +
+ chapter eighteen +
+ chapter nineteen +
+ chapter twenty +
+ chapter twenty-one +
+ chapter twenty-two +
+ chapter twenty-three +
+ chapter twenty-four +
+ chapter twenty-five +
+ chapter twenty-six +
+ chapter twenty-seven +
+ chapter twenty-eight +
+ chapter twenty-nine +
Question
Rewrite

+ chapter two +

207K 7.6K 7K
By _salacious

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

"Is it dead?" The man standing beside the Doctor asked quietly, unsure whether Trent Dower had harmed the woman

"Do not be foolish. She just fainted..." The Doctor sighed, "like the last 10." The doctor informed him, not looking up from the chart he was holding. He knew who brought who and who was paired with who, with a few simple clicks on the touchscreen pad in his hands

Alexa gradually felt herself waking up, a headache threatening to crack open her skull and a throbbing pain at the base of her spine as she was released from her nightmare. Obviously, it had to be a nightmare. The fight. The man who broke in. The flash of light. All the men.

It was a nightmare.

"I think she is waking up." The assistant whispered to his mentor, regarding the human woman on the bed with curiosity.

He had never seen a human female before that night and had never thought them to be as attractive. They resembled the women of his home planet and it was odd how they seemed almost exactly like them. Without the intelligence or height, of course. Most human females seemed to be rather short in comparison to the Xrionian women.

"Alexandra Marie Dominick. Number 37. Are you awake?" The doctor asked, knowing by her heart rate that she was.

Alexa didn't want to move or open her eyes, afraid of what she would see. Was the nightmare not finished?

It would explain the throbbing pain in her back; she really was hauled over a railing. It would explain the headache; she had a hangover from drinking so much.

She hesitantly opened her eyes and was greeted by two faces and bright white lights. She was in heaven. That's it. It explains it.

"W-where am I?" She croaked, watching the two faces.

One was staring, straight faced, at a glass panel in his hands, pressing on it as magnetic blue words, symbols and pictures flew across it. The second face was a lot friendlier looking, beaming down at her.

"You are on The Xrionian Imperial Space Cruiser." The assistant chirped, happy she was awake. Alexa wished she could say the same; the hammering headache and throbbing back pain was less than fun to wake up to. "Or XISC for short," He added, looking over to the doctor, most likely for help.

Accepting that he should probably talk to her and follow through with his duty, he sighed and lowered the chart, looking over at her.

"Alexandra Dominick. 22. Born February 14th of the year 1992 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Parents are Veronica Dominick and Andrew Dominick, both aged 50. You like painting, listening to Earth music, long walks on the beach," he rolled his eyes, muttering under his breath that Earth women were all identical. He had read 'long walks on the beach' for more than 30 women.

"What?" Alexa scowled, "That was a long questionnaire! I was getting bored."

He nodded, pursing his lips and continued reading her information.

She frowned. "Wait! How do you know all of this?"

Dr. Naveer sighed, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he tried his best to smile and said, "You filled this out for us, Miss Dominick."

Alexa looked pointedly at him. She had thought the questionnaire was just something everybody randomly got; not that it was a 'special selection' and she would end up being kidnapped by crazy people.

Before she got the chance to hurl her questions at the doctor, a tall, burly man with light brown hair and deep blue eyes appeared in the room.

Alexa couldn't help but wince back; the man was huge and had the undoubted aura of a warrior about him. He stood straight, his clothes unwrinkled like he never slouched and his hair slicked back in a sleek, timeless style.

"Good evening, ladies." He said, his voice echoing throughout the room, making the already scared girls shake in fear. Most had never seen somebody that oozed power like he did and, suffice to say, it scared them. "My name is General Jenks and I thank you for taking part in this. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. We understand that some of you were unaware that we would be taking you in such manner, but my second in command did not follow orders and took you tonight. My condolences if you were with family or were busy, but this arrangement is permanent."

Alexa couldn't help, but feel like she didn't belong. After all, President Goodhart had said it was single women that would be sent up and she was engaged. She couldn't get much further from single if she tried.

Thinking back to when the questionnaire had come in the mail, she winced inwardly. Her and Seth had just had another fight and, in her anger, she had put she was single.

The little split second decision had gotten her stuck with a bunch of weirdoes wanting her because they couldn't keep their women satisfied. Wasn't that what the President had said? It was something along those lines.

She hadn't been listening; she didn't think it applied to her and now she was kicking herself. He could have said they were going to eat the women and she wouldn't know about it.

"Your purpose here is to mate with our warriors-"

"It's not that hard to satisfy women," A girl with bright red hair scoffed, "would you like me to show you men how it's done? Because you clearly haven't been-"

He cleared his throat, clearly uncomfortable with her outburst and said, "-our women have died out and we need women to continue our lineage. You will each be assigned to one of the warriors by compatibility. That will be determined by the information you gave when you filled out the questionnaire."

The redhead grimaced, slumping her shoulders and muttered an apology. The General forced a smile and surveyed the women for their reaction. Most were wide-eyed, somewhat fearful and others seemed as though they didn't care what happened. He expected their fear to subside as time went on, they had volunteered for the programme; it was a requirement he had mandated the President to carry out.

"As I was saying, a hundred of my people volunteered to this cause so we are very grateful for your help. Your health will be monitored every month, just to make sure that no viruses or damages may come to you. Our men have been notified of this, but if any of you become impregnated, we must know immediately. We have to take every precaution we can to make sure that no harm comes to you or your child."

"Aw," A woman sitting next to Alexa mumbled, "how sweet. Not only are they kind enough to let us be with those sexy men, but they're watching for our health." She was either a master of sarcasm or actually meant her gratitude; it was hard to pick up on either.

Alexa rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest, "I'm sure you have the wrong idea of what's happening here, honey."

She smiled at her, rubbing her fingers the bars on her wrist and said, "I don't think they're going to hurt us."

"They kidnapped us; how can you not think that?"

The girl sighed and whispered, "Don't you think that if they wanted to hurt us, they would've already? And did you not hear when he said that their women died?"

Alexa pursed her lips, not wanting to start an argument with the stranger and decided to keep her thoughts to herself. Whenever she could get out of that nuthouse, she'd remember to leave her behind. She seemed extremely happy to be in that place.

"My name's Kelly by the way."

"Alexa," she grunted in response.

Just as Kelly turned to reply, the doors behind the General slid open. Kelly let her jaw fall open in surprise and closed it multiple times.

Alexa blinked, not believing the sight before her. If she thought that watching YouTube videos of models in high school was hot, then she definitely had low standards.

"Holy," Kelly breathed, "oh my goodness! Alexa," she whispered, "tell me that I'm not hallucinating and that there are a bunch of sexy guys walking in."

"Um," she gulped, rubbing her knuckles against her eyes, "I think they injected us with something because there is no way in hell that men can be that attractive."

The men were all wearing a black ensemble with intricately designed watches. Their dark blue eyes raked over the women, watching them with interest as they stood in a vertical line. They poised themselves with authority and respect, something that made them even more attractive.

General Jenks cleared his throat at the sudden silence that overcame the room. The tension was so thick that it was almost suffocating. The women found them extremely attractive and the Xrions couldn't comprehend how the Earth women were so beautiful.

"These are the men that volunteered. They will call out a name and you must go to them; they will be your partners. When we are finished, we will give you a tour of our community. Due to my second in command, taking you at night we will have to delay the tour. Again, thank you for your cooperation and see you tomorrow when the yellow star rises."

He turned around, sliding his hand over a scanner and the door opened. The men standing in the room all seemed uncomfortable as they stood still and finally one of them decided to take lead and start calling for his partner. Several others followed and they continued until there were only about seven women left; Alexa and Kelly being one of the few.

Alexa exhaled in relief. They must've miscounted in women and she would be sent back to Seth within the hour. She knew there had to be some sort of mistake and she was glad that they had just taken more women than they had warriors.

Settling back against the bed, she sighed, content that she wouldn't have to be objectified for the sake of some Aliens not having their women around.

She did have some sympathy for them; their girlfriends, mothers, and wives died and they were made to resort to mating with humans. She was sure they knew as little about the humans as she knew about them.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the door opened, revealing 6 or so warriors as they slowly stood behind one man. He was tall, like most of the Aliens in the room, and looked fairly like the other men; dark brown hair and stormy blue eyes, that assessed the room.

The warriors had noticed the dwindled number of human females and knew they were later than they had first thought. They didn't know how to act around humans, much less those of which they were to be mated with. So, in embarrassment, they stood behind Xander, waiting for him to make his move.

Xander surveyed the beautiful humans around the room, inspecting them. He had been told a few things of the female he was matched with.

She was artistic, she loved an earth snack called Pringles and she liked to listen to something called 'pop' music. So, in return for her participation, he ordered his men to get something she could draw on, a few containers of the so called Pringles and had obtained a small device that played music called an iPod.

Deciding it best to find Alexandra Dominick, he took a deep breath and stalked forward. The women were stood, looking at him and his men in a mixture of emotions; worry, awe and panic. He stalked forward, seeing the tiny brunette gape up at him. That one was clearly in awe more than anything else.

He cleared his throat, looking down into the girls brown eyes, "Are you Alexandra Dominick?" He asked, hoping he had a lucky guess and got her on the first try. She shook her head, visibly swallowing. He sighed and moved onto the next woman, a skinny redhead with green-blue eyes.

Alexa watched the god-like person talk to a girl a little away from her. She took the time to observe him. Of all the men that had come in behind him, he was clearly the tallest and had broad, manly shoulders and a lean figure; his muscular arms looked as though they wanted to burst out of the tight black shirt. There was a watch on his wrist, much like what all the other men wore and she came to the conclusion that it was most likely not for telling the time.

The man frowned, looking down at the name on his watch and looked at the remaining women. None of them were Alexandra Dominick and he was starting to get worried. Trent could not have forgotten his partner, could he?

Xander sighed, clearing his throat again and turned to the blonde woman with the striking green eyes. "Is your name Alexandra Dominick?"

Alexa shook her head quickly, her heart beating so fast in her chest she felt like she was running a marathon. "Nope," she pointed to one of the women he had asked, "I think that's her over there."

"No," he muttered, "I already asked her and she said no."

"Well," she spluttered, "m-my name's Wendy. Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior."

He frowned at her nervous expression, but glanced down at the list of the remaining women and said, "There is no 'Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior' in the list. You are the only woman left; you have to be Alexandra Dominick."

She groaned, covering her face and whispered, "I am."

A bright smile grew on his face and he sighed, relieved. Xander bowed his head respectfully, straightening his back as he spoke confidently. "My name is Xander Nix of the planet Xrion and you have been assigned as my partner."

She suddenly felt queasy. Her stomach hadn't been filled because they took her before she could eat the Bolognese, which suddenly reminded her that it must've burned. She had worked so damn hard on cooking for Seth just to not eat at all.

Her expression soured at the memory of the fight and she hissed, "My name is Alexa; call me Alexandra and I will chop your balls off."

"My balls?" He frowned, not understanding what she meant.

"Yeah," she rolled her eyes, "you know? What you use to...wait," her eyes widened, "how do you guys even do it?!"

Xander felt confused and he was usually at the top of everything. "I do not understand what you mean, Alexa. Balls? What balls are you speaking of?"

She groaned, waving her hand in the air dismissively and huffed, "Your testicles, man! You know what that is?"

"Oh," his eyes widened in realisation and he cleared his throat awkwardly, "those." His chiselled cheeks turned a slight shade of pink in embarrassment and he ran his fingers through his thick black hair. "Uh, I think we should get going."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Alexa huffed, glaring at him threateningly though she knew she had no chance if they were to get in a brawl; he could easily throw her over his back like a sack of potatoes.

"Why not?" He asked, furrowing his brows in confusion at her statement. She was Alexandra Dominick, was she not?

"Because I'm not going to be your little fück buddy and satisfy your lewd desires simply because you beamed me up to god knows where!" She barked, poking his chest defensively. He looked down at her finger, assessing it and then back up to her.

"What is a fück buddy?" He asked, confused.

Fück was an offensive term on earth, according to the database and a buddy was a friend; somebody who you had a bond with. He wondered how the two words correlated.

"Oh, my god!" Alexa sighed in exasperation. "If you're going to kidnap us, at least know what you're doing! I'm not even sure if you have a working penis to do anything with, let alone have me mate with you."

"I assure you Alexa, I have a working penis. I thank you for your concern, but it really is not necessary."

"Let me guess; it has spike on it that shoot out venom when you're hard?" She asked, trying to find a flaw.

Xander coughed awkwardly. His mate was certainly...different. "Maybe we should get going. I will explain my reproductive organs once I show you to your room."

"Fine," Alexa sighed dejectedly, walking past him. "But if it has a mouth that comes out of the end like some freaky predator shit I'm out of here."

Xander nodded, extending his hand out to her and she stared at it quietly. His gaze didn't waver and no sign of annoyance crossed his features as she hesitantly took his hand.

He smiled reassuringly and pulled her slightly closer. Not close enough to make her personal space feel invaded, but close enough that she could see the light stubble embellishing his face.

"I suggest you close your eyes for this, you might feel a little uncomfortable otherwise."

She nodded, biting her bottom lip with uncertainty and felt the same sensation growing in her stomach when Trent had taken her. Xander released her hand, not liking the clammy feeling she made his hand feel and stepped back.

Alexa opened her eyes slowly and gasped. A large glassed window overlooked the ocean and some trees. The stars shining in the sky had never looked as beautiful as they did on that very moment.

She stepped forward, as if she were in a trance and looked at the half moon. It was shining in all its glory, the splendour giving the beach beneath them an almost mystical impression.

"It's..." She breathed, watching the stars twinkle as if they were praising the moon's glamour, "so beautiful! I've never seen the stars shining so bright and the sky looks so clear!"

Xander clenched his jaw, the anger he felt towards the human's pollution to the planet resurfacing and he spoke icily, "Your planet's pollution levels are very high. We had to try and clear it up."

Alexa frowned, turning around to look at him. "Clear it up? We've been trying to do that for decades; it's not exactly possible."

He snorted, shaking his head and said, "If you limit the possible things you are capable of doing, everything will seem impossible."

"Alright, Confucius," she rolled her eyes, turning back around to look at the furniture.

She walked around the large white sofa, lightly running her hands against the smooth fabric. It was cold and extremely clean; they had clearly never been used or he was a neat freak.

Next to the wall-sized glass were grey curtains and across was a four-seat glass table. She walked over to it and examined the leg, it was strange but the design was intricate and extremely detailed.

It was made from smooth, black oak wood and small swirls adorned it going up and down. Her eyes went lower to the floor and she raised her eyebrows at the white tiles.

They seemed so shiny, she could practically hear them screeching. She went back to the couch and said, "You don't have a TV?"

"That is a television set, correct?"

She nodded, the corner of her lips twisting in an almost-smile. He was amusing.

Xander walked over to a remote control on the couch and pressed a blue button. Suddenly the ceiling above them opened and a large, but extremely thin, plasma TV appeared.

"Huh," she muttered, "I figured you'd be a little more technologically advanced."

He chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest, making his physique seem larger and said, "I wanted to give you a little bit more sense of normalcy. I do not watch 'TV.' I prefer reading and learning about your strange planet."

"Nerd," she coughed, but felt the corners of her lips lifting upwards in a smile. He was smart; she liked it.

Xander smiled at her expression and watched with curious eyes as she continued walking around the living room.

Alexa breathed in deeply, the zesty scent of lemon dancing in the air. It was refreshing and crisp, making her feel relaxed and comfortable.

"Would you like to see your room?" He asked cautiously, gauging her reaction. She was a peculiar woman and he wasn't sure exactly how to take her.

"So, I'm not sleeping in your bed with you?" She asked, trying her best not to act too relieved; she didn't want to be in the same room as her kidnapper, let alone in the same bed.

"No," Xander muttered, embarrassed as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

He didn't want to tell her why, afraid she may laugh. He knew that the little human would find it humorous and he wasn't taking any chances to scare her away. "I do not like to share my bed." He lied, not meeting her eyes.

Alexa narrowed her eyes suspiciously at him. She knew he was lying but decided not to call him on it. It was best she didn't anger a deadly alien she knew nothing about, no matter how hot said alien was. She sighed and nodded.

Xander smiled, pleased she had believed him. "This way," He said, signalling for her to walk. She walked ahead of him and he put a hand on the base of her back, guiding her towards a large glass door.

Alexa looked through the glass, confused. There was nothing in the room. Xander swiped his hand over a black panel beside the door and the door slid open, revealing what was on the other side of the glass.

Her jaw fell open as she entered and Xander chuckled at her expression. The room was white, exactly like the rest of the house, but what surprised her was a white canvas in the corner of the room with different sized paintbrushes and colours to last her a lifetime.

She gulped, feeling her inner art-freak going crazy with emotions and tried to keep herself collected. The large Queen sized bed was pushed against the wall with a fluffed neon green pillow and a dotted comforter. It gave it a childlike type of look and she pursed her lips in distaste. At least he got her favourite colours right.

Xander cleared his throat, noticing her dislike, "You may change it to any colours you want. I tried to keep it according to your survey, but you were very vague in different topics."

Alexa rolled her eyes, feeling her cheeks turning a dark shade of red and said, "I find it so uncomfortable that you know things from me because of a survey. Heck, I find it uncomfortable being here. I'm freaking engaged."

He frowned, opening his mouth and then shook his head and waited for her to keep looking around the room. A medium sized window overlooked another part of the ocean. It wasn't as large as it was in the living room, but it was big enough. Next to it were silk neon green curtains for her to cover herself from outside eyes.

Alexa looked out into the vast landscape, admiring the large rocky terrain, watching as an enormous waterfall cascaded down the rocks and into a large river that led along to the ocean. She thought about how fun it would be to paint the scenery, to capture its beauty. She turned to Xander, wide-eyed. "This is my room?" She asked, unbelieving that he would offer her a room with such an amazing view of the enchanting waterfall.

"I figured, since you were artistic, you would appreciate something to paint. If you do not like it there are several other rooms, all with different views of the island." Xander offered, cocking his head to the side, surveying her.

Her stomach groaned, reminding her she hadn't eaten for hours. She smiled sheepishly. "I'm hungry."

"Oh!" Xander said, a grin spreading across his face suddenly. "Then, we should go to the kitchen. I have a surprise for you." He said, motioning for her to follow him.

She sighed walking past him and out into the hallway again. He walked forward and she followed, intrigued to see what he could possibly surprise her with.

Xander slid his hand over the panel to the kitchen, the door sliding away smoothly to reveal the kitchen in all its glory. It, like the rest of the house, was white, shiny and modern. The walls were pure white tile and the floor was a light birch wood, making the room seem slightly less cold. Alexa surveyed the room, taking in the black cabinets, granite countertops and the sleek stove that had enough buttons to launch a rocket into space.

"So," Alexa began, running her fingers across the granite countertop, "this is a pretty big kitchen for just one dude."

"Well," he shrugged, "we are known for having large families; I am only thinking of you."

"What?!" She squealed, her face turning so hot someone could cook meat on it to perfection. "Oh, no, no, nonono!"

Xander laughed, shaking his head and said, "I only kid! We only will have however many kids you would like."

She narrowed her eyes, biting her bottom lip to prevent herself from bursting and muttered, "Oh yay, 'cause that makes it any better." She sighed, walking over to the black coloured cabinets and opened them.

At the sight of her favourite chips, she felt her heart beating inside her chest faster than a panther. "P-Pringles?"

He nodded, a slight crease forming in between his brows as he watched her take the cylinder shaped container. "You mentioned those were your favourites. Did I get the right ones?"

She nodded, his voice becoming a faint whisper in the back of her mind as she opened them. Cheddar flavoured Pringles were the best, but extra cheddar flavoured Pringles were heaven. She pulled the lid opened, smelling them and sighed out contently.

The only thing she felt at the moment was surprise. Even Seth didn't go to the extent the Alien was to make her happy. He complained that the chips were unhealthy and smelled bad. Yeah well all the best food in the world was unhealthy; there was nothing she could do about that.

"Thank you so much!" She squealed, stuffing her mouth with three chips at a time, "I haven't had these in so long!"

Xander chuckled, shrugging his left shoulder and said, "I am glad that you are allowing me to please you."

Oh you can please me any--no! No, bad Alexa! You are engaged! To Seth! Not some weird Alien that kidnapped you.

"Pardon me," he looked down at his watch and then up at her, his blue eyes boring into hers with an expressionless look, "I have to go. You are free to look through the rest of the house; it is yours now as well. Oh," he turned back to look at her, "if you want to enter a room that has a scanner, simply say your name." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly and said, "I did not know you did not like to be called Alexandra, so when I return I will change it."

"Where are you going?" She frowned, licking her lips as she realised that she must've looked like a pig eating. Then again, it wasn't like she was trying to make a good impression. After she slept and ate some more Pringles, she'd leave. She'd go back to Seth and forget that Aliens ever tried to take her.

Xander looked at her momentarily, his eyes flicking all over her face. "I have a meeting with the General. It is nothing serious, do not worry."

"I'm not," she scoffed, but he had already transported away. She sighed, bundling a few more cans of Pringles into her arms and made her way to the door. "How does this thing even work?"

"Please identify yourself," A soft robotic voice said, startling her as she jumped back and tightened her hold on the Pringles.

"Uh...Alexandra." She said, feeling stupid talking to a door. It whooshed open and she walked though, making her way to the living room.

She sat herself down onto the couch, the Pringles beside her like a second person. How do you work this thing? She pressed blindly at the buttons on the little remote. After pushing nearly every button twice she finally found the on button.

The TV blinked on and she recognised it as the history channel. She clicked a few buttons until she found the one that changed the channel. She clicked through a few until she found the news.

She watched in interest as the pristine man behind the desk, a small stack of papers lying flat on the desk, looked straight at the camera.

"-and it appears as though the President was serious about the Alien's threat. A few hours ago, 100 women were taken from their homes and families and given to the Aliens. We are still unaware as to what has happened to the women while being in the custody of these creatures, but some people believe they aren't being treated fairly. What is your opinion? Tweet us at-" Alexa quickly clicked the channel over, uninterested in what the man had to say.

Though she didn't want to admit it, the Xrions were being surprisingly nice for a bunch of Aliens.

Xander had not been outright cruel or mean to her and he seemed to almost strain himself with trying to please her. He had given her a personal room and around 15 cans of Pringles. He had a TV installed, he got her a canvas to paint on and he even tried the odd joke; tried being the operative word.

She snuggled down into the sofa, watching Julia Roberts sing her heart out to Kiss by Tom Jones as she munched on her Pringles. At least something was normal in that fücked up day.

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 12K 62
Abandoned and left to die, a human girl must fight to survive on an alien planet filled with monsters that want to kill her. That is until she meets...
1.2M 4.2K 8
The aliens came here for one thing, and one thing only.... Females. ( This story is only available through inkitt or galatea!!!) (some read events ma...
17.3K 928 58
Can two lovers from different background be together again after everything happens at the past which hunts one down? ...
44.3K 1.1K 20
"hey krel, what do you think the colours pink and blue make?" Y/n asks krel, as they sit in a tree watching the night sky. "purple why do you ask?" h...