I Need Him - A Stefan and Ele...

By cath8971

Elena Gilbert is dating Damon Salvatore, her ex boyfriends brother. They've been having the summer of their l... More

Chapter Two : We Have To Find Him
Chapter Three : I'm Not Letting Anything Happen To Stefan
Chapter Four : He's Still Protecting You
Chapter Five : We've Got Him
Chapter Six : I'm Fine
Chapter Seven : It's Too Much
Chapter Eight : Nightmare
Chapter Nine : The Cold Pit
Chapter Ten : It's Good To See You
Chapter Eleven : Yellow Eyes
Chapter Twelve : Kill Him
Chapter Thirteen : You Smiled
Chapter Fourteen : Eeny Meeny, Miny, Moe
Chapter Fifteen : You Shoudn't Of Said That
Chapter Sixteen : It's Like Someone Has Ripped My Heart Out
Chapter Seventeen : I Didn't Come Alone
Chapter Eighteen : Warzone
Chapter Nineteen : Everything Is Your Fault
Chapter Twenty : Check Mate
Chapter Twenty-One : Flames
Chapter Twenty-Two : How Do You Keep Going?
Chapter Twenty-Three : Something Changed
Chapter Twenty-Four : I Need It To Be True
Chapter Twenty-Five : I'm Not Worried About Me
Chapter Twenty-Six : Joesphine
Chapter Twenty-Seven : Green Eyes
Chapter Twenty-Eight : The Other Side
Chapter Twenty-Nine : I Can't Believe It
Chapter Thirty - Ferris Wheel
Chapter Thirty-One : Packing
Chapter Thirty-Two : The City That Never Sleeps - Part One
Chapter Thirty-Three : The City That Never Sleeps - Part Two

Chapter One : Have You Heard From Stefan?

1.4K 21 7
By cath8971

My life a the minute is pretty great, I have the most amazing best friends. Caroline Forbes and Bonnie Bennett, a great boyfriend, Damon Salvatore. The only problem is Stefan Salvatore, he hasn't spoken to me in a few days. I know what everyone is thinking, he just doesn't want to see me and Damon together, and that I shouldn't concern myself that he hasn't called, because I have Damon now. 

But Stefan. Stefan is different. 

No matter how upset he is with me he always calls to make sure I'm safe and ok. No one else seems to think he is in trouble but something is nagging me inside of my stomach telling me something is wrong.
"Have you heard from Stefan?" I ask Damon, he gives me a suspicious look and he starts walking towards me.
"Why are you bothered?" He asks and wraps his arms around my waist. Me and Damon have been having the summer of our lives but I can't stop thinking about Stefan being in trouble.
"Just worried about him a little bit" I say biting my lip.
"Well I did take you from him, he's probably going on a ripper binge somewhere" Damon laughs but this bugs me.
"Don't joke about that" I glare at Damon and unwrap myself from his arms.

I walk downstairs into the living and call Caroline, who is also Stefan's best friend. "Hey Elena" Caroline says in her usual chipper voice.
"Hey Carebear" I say smiling because Caroline always has that effect on me.
"You ok?" She asks.
"Yeah I'm fine everything is great with me and Damon" I hear a slight sigh but I just ignore it "I was wondering if you heard from Stefan in the past couple days?"
"Actually I haven't heard from him in a couple days but he probably just needs some time alone. I mean he knew you and Damon were in a relationship you didn't have to flash it around him all the time." she says kinda annoyed, I think back to the times when Stefan was still living in the Salvatore Boarding House and I mentally face palm myself.
"Yeah you're right, you want to stop over tomorrow?" I ask.
"What like sleep?" Caroline asks confused.
"Yeah, of course" I laugh.
"Oh yeah sure" Caroline says hesitantly
"Are you ok?" I ask confused at her hesitation.
"Yeah it's just we haven't had a sleepover in a while because well you know you've always been busy" Caroline says awkwardly but with a hint of sadness in her voice.
Great. Not only have I been a bitch to Stefan but I've iced Caroline out because I've been busy with Damon.
"I'm so sorry, why don't we make it an annual thing. Every Friday?" I ask hopeful she will forgive me.
"Oh my god yes. Each week we can alternate houses and who is in charge of snacks!!!" she screams excitedly.
We talk for a while discussing our first movie night/sleepover for tomorrow when eventually Caroline has to run some errands and has to go.

Although I'm feeling excited for tomorrow I've still got the awful nagging feeling in my stomach that something is wrong with Stefan. I try calling him again but I've already called twenty times, literally.
It didn't sit right with me when Caroline told me he hasn't talked to her in a couple days so I call Bonnie on the off chance he's talked to her,
"Hey, Bon Bon" I smile.
"Hey, Elena. You ok?" She asks slightly slurring her words.
"Yeah I'm good thank you. How's you and Europe?" I laugh.
"Oh it's great, I've lost count of the cocktails I've had" she says tipsily.
"I'm glad you are having a good time, is there any chance that you've heard from Stefan?"
"Nope not for a week or so. You know he probably just needs some time away, you did break his heart and then Damon like stepped on it" Bonnie says, when Bonnie is drunk she doesn't have a filter on her so I let it slide.
"Yeah erm. Well have a good trip I'll call you tomorrow, love you Bonnie" I say hoping she will be sober enough to remember this conversation tomorrow.
"Love you Elena" she hangs up and I'm back to square one, no one knows where Stefan is.

My mind is spinning on who to call next, my finger hovers over Rebekah Mikaelsons' contact photo, we aren't exactly friends although when I had my humanity off we were kind of friends. We took the photo when we were both drunk one night and we set it as my contact photo and I just haven't got round to changing it.

I tell myself not to be silly and put my phone in my back pocket of my jeans and look around for any trace of Stefan in the living room but I see nothing.
I use my vampire speed and go into his room, I know it's a invasion of his privacy but I'm not going looking in his draws I'm just looking for anything that suggests where Stefan has gone.
Nothing. I walk over to his desk and see a photo of me and Stefan when we were dating and the memories come flooding back.
"He kept it" I smile and decide I need to call Rebekah I don't care if she hates me, I need to find Stefan.

The phone rings five times before Rebekah picks up,
"What the bloody hell do you want?" She asks in a confused voice.
"I need to talk to you, please?" I practically beg.
"I thought only friends talk and remember we aren't friends, you made sure of that" she says in a bitter voice.
"Rebekah, please" I beg, if she was in-front of me I probably would of been on my knees begging.
"What do you want?" she seems more interested now.
"Have you heard from Stefan?" I want to apologise for what I said in the Mystic Grill that night, my emotions were all over the place but I need to focus on Stefan.
"Salvatore?" She asks , I can tell I definitely have interest her now.
"Yes. He's went missing, well no one has heard from him and I know you have a past with him" I say awkwardly. Rebekah chuckles but tells me she hasn't heard from him.
"Has Damon not heard from him?" She asks.
"No. Damon says he probably just needs some time away from us?" I tell her.
"Well he's prob- wait why would he need time away from you two? - Oh god don't tell my you and Damon are dating?" Rebekah laughs but has a hint of disgust in her voice.
"Yes we are." I say, I'm curious to know what her problem is with Damon. I mean she slept with him.
"You slept with him" I raise my voice.
"Twice actually but he's a dick Elena, trust me" Something in Rebekahs' voice almost made it seem like she was looking out for me.
"He has a different side to him you know" I say jumping to my boyfriends defence.
"All I know is that he slept with me and when I was asleep he got someone to go into my mind and steal my thoughts" Rebekah says. This takes me back a bit as I didn't know Damon done that, that's low even for him.
"Oh" is all I can say.
"Yes. Oh" Rebekah says with a bit of hurt in her voice.
"I'm sorry" and I really mean it. Rebekah pauses for a second and I swear she was going to say something but then stops.
"Erm I should go" I say awkwardly.
"Wait, Elena!" Rebekah says quickly.
"Yeah?" I ask confused, what more could she say to me?
"Erm I'll let you know if Stefan contacts me" This takes me a lot by surprise but my heard kinda warms at the gesture.
"Thank you" I say smiling, I know she can't hear my smile but sometimes you can just tell can't you.
"Yeah" she says, I can tell she was smiling.

"Damon!!!" I shout, if we weren't vampires I would have to find him but seen as we are, might as well use all our powers.
"Yeah" he says whilst coming into Stefan's room with his vampire speed. "What are you doing in here?" He asks confused but also a hint of anger.
"Oh erm I was looking for something that might suggest where Stefan went" I say, his eyes look down to my hands where I realise I'm still holding the photo of me and Stefan. I quickly put it back on his desk. "Look I was on the phone to Rebekah and she hasn't heard from Stefan. Neither had Caroline or Bonnie." as I say this I try and read Damons' face to see what he is thinking but I can't figure out what he is thinking.
I'm not use to not being able to know what my boyfriend is thinking or feeling, I mean with Stefan it was different I could tell by that the slightest quiver at the top of his left eye brow means he's got something on his mind. Usually though I didn't have to use these tricks on Stefan because he always told me. Damon it's harder, it's like I have to force it out of him.
"What are you thinking?" I ask Damon.
"You called the girl who literally invented the term bitch" he asks cracking a smile.
"Look you might not like her but she has a past with Stefan" I can't believe he's focusing on who I'm calling then the fact that no one has been in contact with his brother.
"She killed you, Elena!" he shouts. I'm taken aback but for some reason I defend her.
"You know I wasn't the nicest to her either, plus I'm here now!!!" I scream. That shuts him up.
"Stefan is fine" Damon says whilst walking out of his room and leaves me here alone.

I eventually drag myself out of Stefan's room and go upstairs to bed and lie next to Damon
"Caroline is stopping tomorrow" I tell him and I turn around to face him and tell him what me and Caroline have planned but he just says "ok" and turns around.
I spend the early hours of the morning trying to sleep but I get no where, I'm eventually pulled out of my thoughts of the nagging feeling in my stomach when the photo of me and a drunk Rebekah flashes up on my phone.
"Hey" she says, happier then when I called her earlier.
"Hey" I say.
"So I hea-" Rebekah starts saying but I interrupt her.
"Wait...Damon is sleeping" I use my vampire speed and go into Stefan's room.
"Doesn't Damon care?" Rebekah asks.
"He doesn't believe that something is wrong" I say kinda annoyed.
"So I told you I would tell you if I heard anything about Stefan told after you called I was worried so I text him saying you are worried about him and he answered" Rebekah continues.
"What did he say back?" I ask.
"He says he's fine just drinking it up in France" I sigh with relief as soon as I hear these words that Stefan is fine, even though I feel relief something doesn't seem right with that.
"Thank you so much" I sink onto the floor and lean against his bed.
"Yeah, no problem" I was just about to hang up when Rebekah stopped me "Elena wait... be careful with Damon"
"Be careful Rebekah, people hear you talking like that to me they might think you care for me" I giggle.
"Shut up" she laughs and hangs up.

Now that I know Stefan is fine I can finally sleep but something about what he said to Rebekah makes me feel weird. I let the thoughts leave my mind and go back to Damon's room and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

"I'm here!" Caroline squeals excitability and we hug.
"So, what are we watching?" I ask whilst grabbing the bag of food in her hand and take it to the couch where I've put duvet covers and pillows for us to sleep.
"Don't know I'll have a look" Caroline says her blueish shining when the tv lights up.
"Ok I'm gonna get some blood, you want some?" Caroline nods her head and on my way to basement I realise my hunger, I haven't eaten in days. I hope Stefan is getting blood ok in France.

France huh... weird never knew Stefan liked France.

I grab the blood bags and use my vampire speed to get back to Caroline,
"You're favourite" I throw her a bag of B-positive blood and even though she isn't paying attention she catches it without looking.
"Ooh my favourite" she laughs when looking at the bag. "This is random but can we watch Ratatouille?" she giggles.
"Are you kidding me? I love that movie" I laugh and we play the movie.

Huh...Paris.

"That reminds me" I say pausing the movie and I catch Caroline up on everything with Stefan and Rebekah. We eventually fall asleep, I think I fell asleep on Caroline and she couldn't move and had no other choice but to sleep.

"Come on Stefan, it's a great movie" I giggle and slightly push him.
"I know a rat making food in a restaurant in Paris" he laughs and picks me up and I wrap my legs around his waist.
"It's a cartoon, Stefan. You know it's one of my favourites" I giggle and kiss him.
"I'm not denying it's not good. You know that I ha-"

I wake up in a cold sweat and my head is burning,
"He hates France" I budge Caroline awake. Everything is starting to make sense now, why I thought it was odd when Stefan told Rebekah he was in France.
"What?" Caroline asks wiping her messy hair from her face.
"Stefan" I can barely get the words out.
"Elena, are you ok?" She asks holding her hand out to my boiling skin.
"He hates France" I say, I can feel a knot in my stomach.
"So what, you woke up for that- Oh he hates France" Caroline realises what I'm saying.

All of a sudden the doorbell rings and I open the door to see Rebekah Mikaelson standing in the doorway.
"What... the...hell" Caroline looks around to see if someone can explain what Rebekah is doing here but I'm the only other person who is here and I have no idea.
"Stefan hates France" Rebekah says.

Damon comes running downstairs to see what all the noise is,
"What the hell is Barbie Klaus doing here? Thought you got the message that no one in Mystic Falls likes you" Damon says to Rebekah.
Rebekah was about to go for Damon when the sharp doorbell rang,
"Expecting any other unwelcome visitors?" Damon scowls at Rebekah.
"Watch it, dick" Rebekah responds and Caroline smirks.
I open the door to see no one but a small box on the doorstep,
"What the hell" Caroline is suddenly next to me and I open the box and see Stefan's daylight ring and a note attached,
His heart will be next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518K 5.5K 42
A Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction Series. Elena Gilbert dated Damon Salvatore, a centuries old vampire for a year until he broke her heart. But now he's...
74.9K 1.9K 45
Jessica Gilbert was normal.... if you looked past the fact that she was a tribrid but that was easy since only a handful of people knew. Her life cha...
38.8K 1.2K 17
Stefan and Caroline have been friends for forever and have dated for 2 years. Than a new girl named Elena totally catches Stefan by surprise. With...
84.2K 1.2K 67
*The Vampire Diaries ReVamped* What if Stefan and Damon Salvatore have a sister? Mystal Salvatore is back in Mystic Falls and she has a past that eve...