Torn 🤎 (Completed)

By ChantalAndrea01

Mia Jones was the sole witness to a devastating tragedy that changed her life forever. With that change came... More

Characters List
Prologue
Chapter 1:The proposition
Chapter 2: The Warning Signs
Chapter 3: The Preparation
Chapter 4:The Date
Chapter 5:The Partnership
Chapter 6:The Understanding
Chapter 7: The Roommate
Chapter 8: BEFORE
Chapter 9: During:Part 1
Chapter 10: During: Part 2
Chapter 11: The Aftermath
Chapter 12: Hysteria
Chapter 13:Angst
Chapter 14: The Decision
Chapter 15: Ladies Night
Chapter 16: The End of Ladies Night
Chapter 17: Realization
Chapter 18: A Difficult Discussion
Chapter 19: Crossroads
Chapter 20: Confusion
Chapter 21: Dangerous Games
Chapter 22: Family Is Everything
Chapter 24: Bliss
Chapter 25: Falling Apart
Chapter 26: Revelations: Part One
Chapter 27: Revelations: Part Two
Chapter 28: Questions
Chapter 29: The Truth: Part One
Chapter 30 The Truth: Part Two
Chapter 31: When It Rains It Pours
Chapter 32: Disarray
Chapter 33: Confessions
Chapter 34: Anxiety
Chapter 35: Uncertainty
Chapter 36: O Lounge Part one
Chapter 37: O Lounge: Part two
Chapter 38: Unraveled
Chapter 39: Hopeless
Chapter 40: Karma
Chapter 41: Persistence
Chapter 42: Forgiveness
Chapter 43: The Dangers of a Single Story
Epilogue

Chapter 23:True Colors

1.8K 152 75
By ChantalAndrea01

8:00 pm

Setting: Jared's house

Mia's 💛POV

Jared picked me up from my apartment and now we were on the way to his house. As I sat in the car, Jared seemed off and kept shifting his body and eyeing me from the corner of his eyes. He seemed fidgety.

Because of his weird demeanor, I told him I could drive myself and meet him at his house, but he insisted that he take me. I didn't protest.

The moment we entered into his driveway, butterflies began to flutter nervously in my stomach. I began to chew on my bottom lip as I waited for him to turn the vehicle off. I was really about to do the whole "Netflix and Chill" vibe with my boyfriend. The thought had me smiling to myself.

My mind wandered back to earlier today when Alicia was laid out on my bed and giving me a pep talk about what to expect. She ran down a list of things I needed to prepare before meeting up with Jared. The more she spoke, the more nervous I got.

*Flashback*

"I can't believe my little girl is finally growing up." Alicia stated while she grinned at me from the bed.

"Oh, shut up." I responded by picking up a pillow and throwing it at her head. Alicia smirked.

"Okay Mia, all jokes aside. We have to run down the list to make sure you're adequately prepared for your Netflix and Sex date." Alicia gave me a devious side-eye. I shook my head.

"Okay, I'm listening." I stated. As she talked, I found a seat at my computer desk and sat down to listen. Alicia began to check off each thing from her list by counting on her fingers.

"Alright, first and for most. Make sure you shower and shave. I would've preferred for you to be waxed but we have to make due with what we got." Her words had me awkwardly blushing. She continued.

"Next, make sure you have a box of condoms. I don't care what excuse Jared might try to give you, but for gods sake, make sure you use protection! The mans a whore!" I chuckled as she threw a box of ultra thin condoms at me. I opened the box and pulled out a few condoms before handing them back to her.

"And finally, relax and don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Make sure you enjoy yourself and have fun, Mia." I smiled and nodded my head. Everything she said seemed simple enough. We spoke for a bit longer before I got up and began to get ready.

*End Flashback*

Jared was my boyfriend now but I still felt nervous to be alone with him. We'd hung out by ourselves before, but knowing that I planned to take our relationship to the next level really had my heart pounding wildly in my chest.

"Hey babe, you straight?" Jared asked while turning to look at me.

Instead of verbally answering him, I nodded my head. He took that answer and turned off the car. I couldn't speak right now even if I wanted to. I was that nervous. You would think I was a virgin or something.

Once we got into his house, we headed straight to Jared's bedroom for privacy since he had roommates that would be walking in and around the house. We walked down a long hallway and entered his room. It looked like a bachelor pad, just like the last time I saw it. I scanned over the room and took in the fact that he didn't fully prepare for me to come here tonight. Well at least, not in my opinion.

I noticed the disheveled sheets on his full-size bed, the plastic nightstand that had tons of water bottles and food containers sitting on it, and his "curtains" were made up of a dark comforter that he nailed onto the wall as an obvious DIY project. In the far corner was a desk that housed his laptop. Beside his laptop, I noticed, a small scale, weed, a grinder, and 3 half empty liquor bottles. There were also several different orange prescription bottles just laying around. All of this had me furrowing my brows and wanting to question him but I kept my mouth shut.

Despite his room not being in immaculate conditions, I was at least happy that his floors were relatively clean and he had no clothes just laying around aimlessly. I ambled towards the bed and sat down while Jared pulled two joints of weed out of his hoodie pocket and placed one on his desk.

"Do you smoke Mia?" He asked me while he sat down at his desk. I nodded my head no.

"No, I don't." I answered and Jared chuckled. What was so funny? I might be naive, but I was shocked that he smoked. It was kind of a turn off for me.

"You're cute." He responded and then shook his head. "Do you mind if I take some of the edge off and smoke really fast? You have me feeling jittery pretty lady. I've never had a girl make me feel so nervous." I shrugged my shoulders in response to him.

I was here to Netflix and chill, not Netflix and watch him smoke himself into oblivion. Was this normal behavior for a guy when he had a lady friend over? I didn't think so.

We sat in silence for a long minute while Jared opened one of his pill containers and popped a couple of pills into his mouth. What was he doing?

He then poured himself a drink of brandy before lighting his joint and inhaling deeply. Once he exhaled, the smoke permeated the room and I began to cough. If this was him, "taking the edge off," I felt like he was doing too much.

"Oh, my bad babe, I'll make sure to turn my head next time." I eyed him skeptically. I had to bring up the large elephant in the room.

"Babe, what's up with the pill bottles and weed?" I asked with concern. Jared shrugged nonchalantly.

"Don't worry about it babe, it's no big deal." He reassured me but I didn't feel any better about the situation.

A tense silence covered the room while he smoked and I was scraping through my brain to think of anything that we could talk about or that we had in common. I was also trying to ignore the fact that my boyfriend was getting high as hell right now instead of fucking me like I planned. I finally brought up Netflix in my desperation to find common ground with him; Netflix and Chill was why I originally came here in the first place.

"Uh, so what kind of movie do you want to watch tonight babe?" I asked and Jared snorted.

"Whatever you want Mia. My wish is your command..." Jared smiled and I shook my head. He was so under the influence that he didn't realize he'd just said that statement backwards. He grabbed his remote controller off of the desk and stuck it out towards me. I grabbed it and sat back down.

Jared took a sip of his liquor before offering me some but I declined. I wasn't in the mood to drink. This wasn't how I pictured tonight would go. By now, I thought we would be humping like jack rabbits while a movie played in the background.

Jared took another hit from his joint before turning his head and letting out a huge puff of smoke away from me.

"Since we're together now, can I ask you something Mia?" He questioned while I skimmed through Netflix.

By this point, Jared's eyes were fully bloodshot. I was annoyed with the situation for several reasons. I was horny, Jared was sitting here doing drugs, and my night was being wasted. I definitely wasn't going to have sex with a man that wasn't sober.

"Mia?" He asked again. I put the remote down and finally answered.

"What?" I stated between gritted teeth. This dick appointment was clearly a joke.

"I've been meaning to ask about..." My phone vibrated and I immediately tuned him out.

While Jared began to ask his question, I pulled my phone out and saw that the text was from Zane. My first instinct was to smile to myself. It was dumb, I know. Especially because I knew it wasn't going to be anything romantic. But hearing from Zane still made my heart skip a beat.

Having thoughts like these still confused the hell out of me because a part of me still couldn't believe my attraction to him. I didn't want to be attracted to Zane but shit, my body always reacted to him and lately so was my mind.

I guess it was good that in the past week, Zane stayed true to his words and maintained safe boundaries between us. These days, Zane only texted me when it had something to do with our project. I hated our new normal but what could I do?

I unlocked my phone to read what Zane wanted.

Zane: Did you see the new deadline for our project? Professor Gordon sent it out tonight.

Mia: No, I'll check later when I'm not so busy...

Zane: You're busy? What are you doing?

I raised a brow at him obviously overstepping his boundaries right now.

Mia: Excuse me? I taunted.

Zane: Lol nevermind. It's none of my business.

Zane: Since Professor Gordon changed one of the deadlines, I think we should go shopping for materials early next week.

I ignored that comment and answered his earlier question. I was hoping it would still affect him knowing that I was with Jared.

Mia: I'm hanging out at Jared's house.

Zane didn't respond after that which made me assume he was possibly annoyed. I didn't actually know.

In the background, I heard Jared clear his throat loudly. This prompted me to glance up. What I was met with were a set of hooded blood shot eyes staring at me with a mixture of curiosity and anger.

Jared took another sip of his brandy before crossing his arms and leaning back into his chair.

"My bad, what did you just say?" I asked. With his words obviously slurred, Jared responded.

"I was asking you a question about Zane Miller...but I see you're mind is  more occupied with other shit..." I didn't know what to say to that so I stayed silent. Talking to Jared about Zane was the last thing I wanted to do, especially while he was under the influence.

Sure, I could admit that I was being rude by texting instead of listening to him but if he wasn't being so dry, then maybe my mind wouldn't have wandered so easily.

I rolled my eyes and placed my phone into my lap.

"Sorry babe, it's nothing. Just re-ask your question. I promise to listen." Although I didn't want to talk about Zane to Jared, I tried to pacify him by acting interested.

Jared sucked in another deep puff of smoke and held it in for a few long seconds before blowing it directly at me. It was a clear sign that he was upset with me. I immediately began to cough. At this rate, I would smell like weed. Jared eyeballed me skeptically before finally responding to me.

"... Are you texting Zane right now?" My heart skipped a beat at his question.

I didn't respond because I didn't know what to say. For some reason, I felt guilty that he'd guessed right about who I was texting. But despite what he thought, there was nothing going on with me and Zane.

When I didn't answer, Jared eyed me skeptically.

"Answer me Mia..."

"Babe.....stop. It's not that serious. I'm here with you. I'm not with him because I want to be here with you. So can we focus on that?" Jared stared at me with deadened eyes. He was high as hell and drunk as fuck now.

Jared eventually shook his head.

"You know what? You're right. I'm overreacting babe. I'm sorry." I stared at Jared for a few moments to make sure he'd calmed down. Once I was sure that he was okay, I started perusing through the Netflix application again. I finally chose a thriller movie.

"Is this good?" I asked and Jared nodded his head.

"Yes, baby." He confirmed.

Next, Jared took one last swig of his brandy before ambling towards the bed with me.

"Lets get comfortable." He stated as he grabbed a hold of my waist and pulled me into his chest. Jared was muscular but he wasn't as thick as Zane.

The movie began and my attention was now fully on the Television. I couldn't help feeling disappointed in the fact that tonight was such a bust. I even shaved my vagina for Jared but it was all for nothing.

15 minutes into the movie and I was still curled into Jared's arms. Tonight wasn't all that eventful but I would make due with the situation. The woman in the movie was pissing me the hell off so I commented on it.

"Babe? If Molly goes in that house, she deserves what's coming for her." I said as I watched the character on the screen go right into the house.

"Urgh! Are you serious!" I threw my hands up because the movie was frustrating me.

When I didn't hear any response from Jared, I turned my neck and glanced towards him.

"Jared?" I called softly but there was no response.

I untangled myself out of his grasp and turned to really look at him. Jared laid there with his breathing even and his eyes closed. I pushed his shoulders a few good times and called his name again, but Jared didn't budge. He was out cold. What the hell?

I rolled my eyes out of frustration because this was not what I came here for. I was already disappointed at knowing we wouldn't be having sex but having him fall sleep on me, grated on my nerves. It was clear as day that the combination of drugs and alcohol had Jared slumped out of his mind right now.

I could stay here and do nothing, or I could leave. I chose to leave. I was annoyed that Jared insisted on driving me here yet, here he was knocked out and unable to drive me back home.

I thought of the different people I could call to come and get me. My first thought was of Alicia but then I remembered that she was probably still at work. My next thought landed on Rebecca but I immediately dismissed that thought; I was not that desperate. In a time like this, I wished I had more friends.

I scanned through my mind, trying to think of someone who could pick me up. My thoughts eventually landed on Zane as a viable option or calling an Uber and paying money. I chose to contact Zane first to see what he would say. I was nervous about contacting him; especially since he hadn't responded since my last text. But after a minute or so, I swallowed my nerves and just did it.

Mia: Hey, can I ask you for a really big favor?

Not even 5 seconds later.

Zane: What's up?
I gave a sigh of relief at the fact that he answered me. I glanced over at Jared. A brief sense of guilt washed over me for asking Zane to pick me up. I hesitated for a second but then reasoned that Zane was only a friend.

Mia: I know this is random, but can you come and pick me up from Jared's house?

This time, Zane didn't answer right away. My stomach began to twist into knots. The anticipation was killing me. Maybe this was a bad idea... I peered over to Jared and listened to his light snoring. This whole situation was upsetting me.

Finally, after maybe 5 minutes, Zane responded just in time because I was seconds away from calling an UBER to pick me up.

Zane: I'll be there in 10.

His words were simple but like before, my stomach was in knots. I couldn't believe he was actually coming for me.

I pushed Jared's shoulders to let him know I was about to leave. This time he shifted ever so slightly and mumbled something incoherent before turning his head on his pillow and going back into his coma. I rolled my eyes. Jared fucked tonight up and I wasn't going to just let it slide. We were going to have to have a real conversation about everything that transpired tonight, namely his drug use.

10 minutes later

9:05 Zane: I'm outside.

The moment I got that text message, I felt a sense of relief wash over me. I looked at Jared one final time before inching off of the bed and gathering my things. I exhaled deeply before heading to the door and tiptoeing through the house.

The house was mainly dark except for the light in the hallway, and a small microwave light coming from the kitchen. I opened the front door and walked outside. Zane's familiar blue Jeep Wrangler was parked in the driveway.

The moment Zane saw me, he cranked up the Jeep and it roared to life. I stood in front of the passenger side door and quickly opened it and hopped in. Once inside, I let out a deep sigh while closing my eyes.

After a few long seconds, I finally opened my eyes and turned my head towards Zane. Zane was dressed in a pair of light gray joggers and a plain heather gray t-shirt. His hair was tousled and he looked like he'd jumped out of bed and rushed to my rescue. Damn, he was fine as hell. I needed to get a hold of my feelings so I closed my eyes again, and sank back into the seat. With my eyes still closed, I could feel Zane staring at me. All he had to do was look at me and he had my blood rushing. Only when he pulled off is when I knew he'd refocused his attention on the road. We were quiet for a few minutes before Zane finally broke that silence.

"What happened tonight, Mia?" I opened my eyes and peered at him. I really didn't want to talk about it because I felt like it was embarrassing. But I also knew that Zane would be persistent if I didn't tell him.

"Um, so Jared- uh fell asleep on me." My words came out quickly. I was officially embarrassed. What girl was ready for sex only for the guy to fall asleep on you?

Zane snorted and chuckled sarcastically.

"That guy doesn't know how to treat a real woman." I heard Zane mumble low under his breath, mainly to himself. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Keep your judgement to yourself Zane, you don't know what happened." I stated firmly while crossing my arms over my chest.

Zane eyed me from the corner of his eyes with a slight snarl on his face. As I observed him, I could tell that he didn't like that I'd defended Jared. My words made him tense up. His Jawline ticked while he gripped the steering wheel harder than normal.

"Do you want me to turn around and drop you back off with him since he's such a great guy?" Zane's voice dripped with sarcasm. Almost as if he were jealous. I didn't really know what to say.

"No, um-" I shook my head while searching for the correct words. I leaned over and placed a hand on his bicep"...Don't get me wrong... I appreciate what you're doing for me... thank you." I said with a calmer tone.

Zane nodded his head in acknowledgment but he didn't say anything for the rest of the drive. I took that as a sign that we were dropping the subject. I sank back into the seat and gazed out the window.

About 10 minutes later, Zane was pulling into my apartment complex and parking in a guest spot. I unbuckled my seat belt and opened my door to hop out. Zane did the same. I looked at him with a puzzled expression because Zane didn't need to leave the car just because he was dropping me home.

"Don't look at me like that Mia. It's late and I'm walking a friend upstairs." I knitted my brows together but I remained silent. I shrugged my shoulders and closed the vehicle's door.

We both walked in silence through the parking lot and up the stairs. We were now standing in front of my door and I turned around to face Zane. I thought back to a month ago when I didn't even know this guy and now he was standing in front of my door despite how I've treated him.

I heard his phone vibrate which caused Zane to stick his hand into his pocket and pull out his phone to read a quick notification that he'd received. Was it Tanisha? The moment the thought entered my mind, I shook it out of my head because that was none of my business. Instead, I took a moment to really scan over his muscular physique. His sexiness and confidence was effortless. Did I really think this white man was sexy? It felt crazy to admit.

Just looking at the guy had my blood heated and racing through my body. A memory of his hand grazing slowly against my vagina had me losing my senses and I could physically feel my breathing increase. Here Zane was, minding his business and checking his phone, while I stood here drooling over him like a pervert. He hadn't even said anything to elicit such a reaction from me.

My mind flashed to Jared and I felt guilty for thinking this way about Zane. I was still conflicted about liking Zane but at this point what could I do? Lie to myself? Maybe it was good that Zane friend zoned me.

Zane placed his phone back into his pocket and glanced up at me. I could tell he was reading my conflicted body language. I tried to school my face but he'd already noticed something was amiss.

He spoke up first.

"Hey, are you okay Mia? Why the long face?" Zane's voice was filled with concern. He took a step into my personal space. That one move had my heart pounding rapidly for this man.

It was impossible not to notice how close he'd gotten. I wondered if he even realized that he was teetering the boundary lines for what was appropriate between friends. I swallowed hard and tried to compose myself as I looked into his eyes. I smiled for the first time tonight.

"You're such a worry wart..." I attempted to punch him playfully as a way to ease my tension but Zane caught my hand and stopped me.

With my hand in his large palm, he smirked. He then began to gently caress the back of my hand with the pad of his thumb. I nearly melted. What was wrong with me? This was Zane Miller for crying out loud. I didn't want him to affect me like this.

Damn! His touch was a simple gesture of concern but I felt my skin flush with heat. The touch sent electrical currents throughout my entire body and my clit twitched involuntarily. No Mia, get a hold of yourself. I began to chant this in my head as a way to keep myself together.

Zane eyed me as he finally dropped my hand.  I tried to lighten the mood so I held his eyes and forced a smile.

"Zane... I'm good. Thank you again for coming to get me." my voice was like a soft whisper.

Zane nodded his head. "Okay, good." He smiled. "So I guess we'll talk later?" He asked and I responded with a nod of my own.

"Yeah, I guess we will." There was another awkward pause. "Alright, so I'm going to head inside now. Good night Zane." We were lingering longer than we needed too.

I turned around and had my back to Zane while I put my key into the door and unlocked it. Zane hovered behind me quietly but he didn't attempt to leave. I opened my door and stepped inside. I turned back around to acknowledge him one last time.

However, when I turned back around, I wasn't expecting the intensity coming from Zane's smoldering blue eyes; he was shamelessly raking his eyes slowly over my body. I froze in place as my breath hitched inside my throat. The longer he lingered, the more my skin prickled with anticipation. The way Zane stared at me definitely wasn't friendly. He looked like he wanted to devour me on the spot.

This time when he spoke, his voice was almost a whisper.

"I better go..." He looked just as conflicted as I felt just moments ago. I immediately felt disappointment wash over me. I wanted him to break the boundaries between us but he didn't. At the same time, I felt shame wash over me for craving his touch because I was in a committed relationship with Jared.

I forced an awkward smile onto my face while I nodded my head in aggreeance at his words. Zane should leave. I then reached out to close my front door. The door was almost closed, when, at the last minute, Zane suddenly launched his hand out and steadied the door in place. He then pulled it back open.

I scrunched my brows together and looked at him with a confused gaze. I squinted at him while searching for an answer in the depths of his blue eyes.

He sighed while shaking his head as if he were warring with himself.

"Let me come inside Mia." The sentence was short but the words held so much weight. With those 5 words, my stomach twisted into knots and I began to bite my bottom lip nervously. What did he mean?

"Wha-what?" I sounded puzzled. "What about Tanisha?" Zane smirked.

"You heard what I said babe," He reached out and grabbed my chin to lift my face to his. "Invite me inside. You're too damn beautiful for your own good and you're driving me insane Princess." 

"But I have a boyfriend..." I trailed off. Zane's demeanor tensed.

"Then where is he right now?" He challenged but I didn't saying anything. I was at a loss for words.

Zane took a hesitant step forward into my personal space and I didn't move. I stood there frozen like a deer in headlights. Zane scanned over my face and landed his eyes directly on my lips. I realized I was biting them and so I stopped. He reached out, grabbed my chin, and pulled me gently towards him. I could feel his minty breath brush over my skin.

"Tell me no and I will stop." He eyed my lips again. "I can't resist these sexy ass lips."

"I- I..." I couldn't respond. My mind was all in shambles as I gazed up at him.

Zane took my silence as an invitation and slowly leaned in to me. I could tell he was giving me time to resist but I couldn't. Finally, his soft pink lips found mine and I was an instant goner. I melted into him and into his kiss. I felt like I was drowning in the intensity of the moment. I reached up to desperately grab on to his shirt and keep myself afloat.

"Fuck! you're so sweet. I missed tasting you." He stated against my lips before devouring them again. This wasn't right, I shouldn't be doing this. But the electrical currents zapping through my body and down through my core, had my pussy twitching for this man.

This was the feeling I craved. This was the feeling that I was addicted to. Zane lifted his head and hovered over my swollen lips. My mind was clouded with lust. Fuck! Zane had me so worked up.

Zane whispered into my mouth.

"Baby, I can't take this anymore. I want to taste your juicy pussy on my goddamn lips. I want to fuck you right now." He gritted the words out on a heavy breath. He seemed to be trying to hold himself back.

I shifted my eyes back and forth into his gaze as I stared up at him. The sound of his words had my pussy gushing for him.

"Let me take care of you." He pleaded. I couldn't resist him any longer. The guilt I was feeling was pushed to the back of my mind.

"Fuck, Okay..." I trailed off. At the sound of my permission, Zane crushed his lips against mine and shoved his tongue inside my mouth. The thought of Jared was long gone. All I could think of was Zane's dick shoving deeply into me.

*********************
Vote+ comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36M 1.1M 47
"She's hot." "Yeah, I know. I'm kinda jealous..." "I'm gonna ask her out." "Are you crazy? You're asking for a death wish." "What's so wrong with me...
681K 25.8K 50
(BWWM) EDITING "That cannot happen again." Sunny spoke breaking the silence between us. We must have been sitting in my car for a solid five minute...
12.5K 1.2K 46
Mia, a young girl from Manhattan falls in love with Liam who was her former bestfriend. However, the day she decided to confess this to her high scho...
4.8M 209K 55
[ COMPLETED ] Eliana Oakley and Casen Walker couldn't be further on the other's spectrum. Eliana is twenty-one years old and in her last year of col...