Becoming Popular ✔ (EDITING)

By Mona-Mae

[As promoted by @theduffmovie profile] *Book 1 of the Becoming Series* Vivienne Lanter is a geek. Glasses, ba... More

EDITING IN PROGRESS
Introduction
Chapter One - "What are doing, getting condoms from Annie?"
Chapter Two - "Excuse me! My hair does not look like a dead squirrel!"
Chapter Three- "Hey! Not everyone likes to prance around in their underwear!"
Chapter Four-"Well Lanter, it's time to start Mission Get Cool"~Part One
Chapter Five-"Mission Get Cool"~Part Two
Chapter Six-"Yeah that makes a lot more sense, he's a crazy cat feeder"
Chapter Seven-"I could teach you to kiss"
Chapter Eight-"I...uh...you and me...us..."
Chapter Nine-"Are you going to be my sister now?"
Chapter Ten-"No it's clearly mouthwash"
Chapter Eleven-"Probably his dick"
Chapter Twelve-"You look beautiful right now Vivienne"
Chapter Thirteen-"We shouldn't kiss"
Chapter Fourteen-"I'm kind of wishing that you kissed me first right now"
Chapter Fifteen-"You know we could do so much more with that tongue"
Chapter Sixteen-"But you didn't let him"
Chapter Seventeen-"Well that's how I roll"
Chapter Eighteen-"It's the best of both worlds to quote Hannah Montana"
Chapter Nineteen-"Don't you want to tame it then Lanter?"
Chapter Twenty-"I thought we couldn't kiss"
Chapter Twenty One-"Did you get frisky with him?"
Chapter Twenty Two-"At least I know you're my Mr Right"
Chapter Twenty Three-"And I have no idea about your granny panties"
Chapter Twenty Four-"Vivienne"
Chapter Twenty Five-"Do I have you there for me too?"
Chapter Twenty Seven-"Barbie is intense"
Chapter Twenty Eight-"Lanter, is that you?"
Chapter Twenty Nine-"I was hoping it would"
Chapter Thirty-"Anything for my Vivienne"
Chapter Thirty One-"So that's a yes?"
Chapter Thirty Two-"You're still a queen in my eyes"
Chapter Thirty Three-"Of course I do"
Chapter Thirty Four-"So was he any good in bed?"
Chapter Thirty Five-"Definitely"
Conclusion
An IMPORTANT Notice

Chapter Twenty Six-"Clearly not otherwise I'd be a transvestite"

265K 6.5K 3.7K
By Mona-Mae

~Dedicated to feelings so true, they're hard to ignore~

Chapter Twenty-Six-"Clearly not otherwise I'd be a transvestite"

Wedding shopping, it was something I never would have imagined myself doing in a million years and yet here I was with my mother, Juliet and of course adorable Holly. After switching wedding planners to a woman named Maria, my mother’s wedding preparations were going smoothly. Holly was to be the flower girl, and of course the little girl was thrilled to learn that her dress was going be flowery and purple.

Currently we were in ‘Whimsical Weddings’, a store renowned in Redwood for being the best wedding boutique ever. The wedding dresses were white, puffy and reminded me a lot of Cinderella and how she must have felt before going to the midnight ball with her Prince Charming. Everything looked simply magical and breathtakingly beautiful. I felt as though I had crossed into another dimension where being pretty was the norm and gorgeous gowns were available to everyone who wanted them.

“So you two girls go browse around for your bridesmaid dresses,” my mother spoke eagerly, “and I’m going to go phone Kelly, she was supposed to be meeting me here and I really need a second opinion on my dress.”

“We could give you a second opinion,” I replied, gesturing towards Juliet and me.

My mother rolled her blue eyes in amusement before replying, “Viv honey, you know I value your opinion,” then glanced at Juliet, “no offence sweethearts, but the opinion I need doesn’t necessarily involve fashion,” my mother added suggestively, wiggling her eyebrows.

I felt my cheeks flush as I exclaimed, “Mum!”

“Hey even I need some action between the sheets-”

“Stop right there,” I interrupted my mother, “I really don’t think any of us, especially Holly needs any details.”

Holy frowned before she asked curiously, “What’s between the sheets?”

Juliet chuckled before replying, “Nothing sweetie.”                                    

“I have a tea party with sheets,” Holly continued happily, “but some of them got dirty and-”

“See what you’ve done,” I replied, glancing at my mother in mortification, “you’ve turned her into a monster.”

My mother rolled her eyes in amusement before replying, “Like you really think Holly knows what it means.”

I shushed my mother, taking Holly’s hand and leading her away I threw over my shoulder in a dramatic tone, “You are a pervert mother!”

My mother chuckled before replying, “Well one of us has to be!”

“I don’t think this dress flatters me at all,” Juliet complained, staring at herself in the mirror.

I sighed tiredly, “You’ve said that about the past five dresses and it’s just because they don’t flatter your B-O-O-B-S.”

Holly looked up at me in puzzlement before asking, “What’s that funny word mean Viv?”

Juliet raised her eyebrow at me as she asked, “Yeah what is that word Viv?”

I glanced at Holly who was waiting patiently for me to reply then back at Juliet who looked like she was trying hard not to laugh and again sighed. Running a hand across my heated face which was on fire from all the blushing I was doing before speaking, “It’s uh…a new Barbie.”

“I like Barbie,” Holly replied eagerly, “but daddy won’t buy me anymore because he says I already have too many.”

“How many do you have,” Juliet asked absently as she glanced back at her reflection.

“Twenty two,” Holly chirped with a smile.

My jaw dropped, “That is a lot of dolls Holly.”

Holly gave me a defiant look before retorting, “I like my dollies like you like Sean.”

“Now that is a good one,” Juliet chuckled, before giving Holly a hug.

I spluttered, unable to reply to a five year old who seemed to have summed up that Sean and I were dating from a simple car ride home. Holly gave me another defiant look which made me rethink about Holly. Maybe the girl was abducted and replaced by aliens or she had been hiding that sneaky side of herself for far too long. Looking like a bubbling, blushing fool I ignored both Juliet and Holly who seemed to be enjoying my embarrassment and stalked off into a changing room.

Trying to push away the feeling of being ganged up on, I turned my attention to the baby-blue, lace dress that I had brought in with me. To be honest, I never liked the colour of baby-blue and secondly this was a dress Juliet had chosen. Not wanting to leave the changing room yet, I decided to try on the dress; I mean how bad could I look? Slipping out of my floral skirt and tank top, I pulled on the lacy dress, before examining my reflection.

My eyes bulged out of their sockets and my mouth flew open. I looked…not like me anymore. The dress fit tightly at my waist before it flowed out to my knees and ended there. The plain, wide straps made my shoulders look narrower than they were and the colour of the blue only made my eyes look bluer than they already were. For a good few minutes I just stared at my body in shock. You look F-I-N-E Viv! Look at your waist, like a slim little vixen you are and those boobs. Since when did you get chicken cutlets like those?

“Viv, is everything okay in there?” Juliet asked in concern.

“Yeah,” I replied hastily, snapping out of my trance before I opened the dressing room door and stepped out.

Juliet’s eyes widened before she grinned at me, “Well look at you,” she spun me around before continuing, “You look ready to break some hearts!”

“Why thank you my sweet lady,” I replied, curtseying before being interrupted.

“Vivienne,” my mother breathed out, coming to stand next to Juliet, “you look stunning.”

Juliet nodded in agreement while Holly beamed up at me exclaiming; “Now we can both play princesses Vivienne.”

“So I take it that you’ll be taking this dress then honey?” my mother asked with a small smile.

I nodded then glanced at Juliet who replied, “Of course we’ll take this dress. I mean do I have amazing taste or what?”

I grinned at Juliet then glanced at my mother who was staring at her phone again and asked, “Is everything okay mum?”

My mother nodded, “Yes everything is fine darling, it’s just that Kelly is running a bit late and I really wanted to know if I should go for usual underwear or-”

“Okay,” I cut her off, before covering Holly’s ears, “you should really not talk about this to either of us.”

“I’m actually fine with the conversations,” Juliet piped in with a smirk.

“Jules,” I groaned, “really not helping.

Juliet shrugged before laughing, “Kidding, I’m just kidding Viv. Honestly you need to loosen up those muscles of yours.”

My mother nodded, then winked at me suggestively before she pushed me back into the change room with the order of, “You two get dressed and take Holly for a walk.”

So that’s how we found ourselves walking down Redwood’s street, looking through windows at the dresses which had been displayed for Prom. For a moment my mind wandered to Dave asking me out on the date and for a split second I wondered if he was going to ask me to Prom. He hadn’t brought it up yet and whenever we spent time in school, there was always someone else around us, never making it private or personal enough.

“Vivienne,” a feminine voice called out from behind.

Spinning around I came face to face with Jessica who was smiling widely at me. Her blonde hair had been pulled away from her face and she wore a plain and simple dress but even with the lack of design on it, Jessica still managed to pull it off as sexy. But then again, it could have been because of those huge boobs she was not fooling anyone was real, not that I was looking or anything. Because I mean, that would be completely weird Viv, to stare at someone’s boobs.

“Jessica, hi,” I greeted.

Jessica smiled in return then glanced down at Holly before smiling, “And who’s this pretty girl?”

Holly smiled shyly before answering, “I’m Holly, Vivienne’s sister.”

I smiled down at her reply then explained to Jessica, “My mother’s getting married and this is-”

“No need to explain,” Jessica replied with an easy smile then asked, “So shopping for Prom?”

“Not yet,” Jessica cut in, “we’re getting stuff for the wedding.”

Jessica glanced at Juliet before replying, “Oh yes. Well I was getting my dress fitted for Prom, you know with Prom Queen and all that.”

I nodded, feeling panic set into the back of my head before mumbling, “Good luck on that okay? Well uh…we have to get going so like bye.”

With that I dragged Holly and Juliet out of Jessica’s sight before Juliet finally pulled me to a stop and gave me a ‘What are you doing’ look. I sighed; feeling my panic start to creep in then glanced at Holly who had now taken to watching people on the opposite end of the street, where Redwood’s Central Fountain had been built. It was a large fountain with its main focus being an angel looking up into the sky. Memories of throwing coins and wishing to meet my father when I was younger came flooding back to me.

“Well,” Juliet asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I glanced back at Juliet before replying, “Jules, do you think I’ll be dateless at Prom?”

Juliet scrunched her nose in confusion, “What, why would you be?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” I asked in return then answered before Juliet could say anything, “Dave hasn’t asked me to Prom yet.”

“He’s waiting for the right time to ask you,” Juliet assured me, adding, “I mean he’s probably going to ask you on that big date of yours.”

“You think,” I questioned doubtfully.

“Of course Viv,” Juliet replied easily then wrapped her arms around my shoulders and said, “otherwise he better watch out for that crotch of his because no one messes with my best friend ever.”

“Lanter,” Sean greeted me as he slid next to me while I made my way to my locker.

“Sean,” I replied in a cool tone.

He raised an eyebrow at me, “Looks like you’ve finally learned how to be a mini-me,” he replied in a proud tone.

I scoffed, “Please, I would never be a mini you.”

Sean pouted, “That hurt deep Lanter,” he touched his chest before replying, “it felt like my heart just broke into a million pieces and now,” he sniffled, “now I think I’m going to gauge myself in a million other girls.”

I smiled in amusement before retorting, “Is that how you always solve your heartaches then?”

Sean smirked at me, responding in a suggestive tone, “You know that door is always open to you Lanter.”

“Very funny,” I commented as we reached my locker, “so funny that I forgot to laugh.”

Sean leaned against the locker next to me before replying with a laugh, “Look Lanter, as much as I love talking to your nerdy self-”

“Hey!” I exclaimed.

Sean ignored me as he continued, “But the deadline for the school newspaper is soon and if you haven’t noticed, I still need your take on the Prom Queen thing.”

I began to reply then frowned instantly, “Wait,” I said thinking to myself, “Sean, did you sign me up for that?”

Sean scratched the back of his neck nervously before replying quickly, “You’re perfect for the title Lanter, just think about it; the fame, the riches, the-”

“Prom Queen does not come with riches,” I retorted.

“Clearly not otherwise I’d be a transvestite,” Sean replied easily.

For a moment, I thought about Sean dressing up as a woman before I shook the thoughts away. I needed to focus on the issue in front of me!

“Why would you sign me up for Prom Queen,” I groaned, “it’s nothing but a big popularity contest.”

Sean raised an eyebrow at me before he placed both hands on either one of my shoulders and spoke slowly, “Lanter, I know how hard it is to focus at times due to my boyishly good looks and charms,” he smirked, “but the whole deal with us was to get you popular and I get free Maths lessons.”

“And a newspaper gig,” I reminded him.

“And that,” Sean replied, “so how else to get more people to notice you other than Prom Queen?”

I wrinkled my nose, “But that means I have to give a speech and,” I trailed off, “wear a crown.”

Sean grinned at me, “Look Lanter, I’ll take you through the steps of being a Prom Queen.”

“What do you know about being a Prom Queen,” I asked dubiously.

Sean shrugged as he answered, “I have a sister Lanter and besides that,” he changed his deep voice to a high pitched, feminine one, “I just love making cool codenames!”

I rolled my eyes in amusement before asking, “Oh yeah?”

“We’ll call it Mission Royal Heist,” Sean replied after a thought.

“Royal Heist,” I repeated, “what are we stealing?”

“The Prom Queen’s crown of course,” Sean answered before he threw his arm around my shoulders and guided me towards Mrs Flavia’s class, “so tonight you dress up the way Amanda taught you to and come round to my place.”

At the mention of Amanda, I felt my stomach turning but hid away the feeling by asking, “Why?”

“I’m having a big party Lanter,” Sean responded, “and that little grasshopper is where you’re going to get people to vote for you.”

“Where’s Dave,” Chris asked me as I pushed through the throng of people who were clearly too drunk towards the kitchen.

I frowned at the unfriendly tone of Chris’s voice, “He couldn’t come. Practising for the swim trials and all that,” I explained.

Chris nodded then grinned at her, “So Prom Queen huh?”

I smiled at Chris who had once upon a time never really spoken to me aside from some comment on me doing so well on my Maths test before I replied, “Yeah, I suppose so.”

“You don’t seem so happy about that,” Chris observed, “Aren’t you thrilled about being voted?”

I sighed, “I should be right? Most girls are happy about being voted but I mean; it’s me Chris, clumsy Vivienne who’s terrible at talking to strangers.”

“Hey, I was a stranger once too, but look at us now,” Chris replied, before he ruffled my hair, “like the best of best friends.”

I slapped Chris’s hands away as I replied, “Thanks.”

“For the Einstein hairdo or my chargeable advice,” Chris asked, “because I will take credit for both.”

My hands flew to my hair which just like Einstein, was sticking out in all ends causing to mutter sarcastically, “Gee thanks Chris that means a lot to me.”

“You’re welcome Viv,” he answered then added, “so go, mingle with the socialites and if you see Jules, tell her that I’ll be the one using the karaoke machine.”

I laughed, “Sure thing Chris.”

With that Chris started dancing his way through people towards the large living room converted into a stage with the karaoke machine that was situated in the centre. I chuckled once again to myself before deciding that maybe Chris was right. Of course he’s right Viv! Don’t just stand there gawking at the fridge like some hungry child from Somalia, go and talk to someone! Turning around to speak to the first person I saw, I suddenly frowned and realised that the only other person in the room with me was a passed out jock. Yup, that’s going to be one heck of a conversation right Viv?

“Lanter,” a voice interrupted my thoughts.

I spun around to the doorway and smiled in relief when I spotted Sean leaning against the doorframe looking devilishly handsome as ever. His black hair looked somehow darker than midnight and his hazel eyes were glowing from the kitchen light in its golden sheen. I felt my breathing hitch when my eyes travelled down his torso; his well-muscled abs that his simple black shirt covered tightly around and his faded jeans which made every inch of his body resemble a Greek God.

“Sean,” I said I a high voice, “you’re uh…”

“I will take that as a compliment,” Sean replied smugly then walked towards me and twirled a strand of my hair in his finger and spoke, “You’re not too bad yourself Lanter, I bet you have a great teacher.”

I rolled my eyes at Sean then replied, my voice laced with amusement, “Thanks for noticing the Einstein hair.”

“Oh,” Sean replied, “so that was on purpose then was it?”

“No!” I blurted, “This was all Chris’s handiwork.”

An unreadable expression flashed through Sean’s eyes as he asked, “Chris dressed you?”

Smoothing down my alter-neck white dress I asked smugly, “Jealous are we then?”

Hooking his arm through mine as he guided me out of the kitchen, Sean replied, “Jealous of you?”

“Yes.”

Sean cast me another unreadable look before replying so low I had to strain to hear him over the loud music, “I’d say more of Dave.”

I swallowed a lump that found its way lodged inside of my throat and found my cheeks slowly starting to heat up. Mentally cursing my paleness and glad that Sean hadn’t noticed my red cheeks in the flashing strobe lights that every party I attended seemed to have. It came as a shock when I felt Sean’s hand drop lower to my own so that his fingers intertwined with mine. The tingling started slowly at first, but the further we walked in his large house, the stronger the sensation became and it was getting harder to breathe without hyperventilating.

“Hey Lanter,” Sean called over the music and bringing me out of my fixed gaze of our hands, “do you want to see something cool?”

I glanced back at the crowds, “What about Prom Queen?” I asked.

Sean tossed the crowd a glance before replying, “You really want to go out there?”

With another look at the crowd, I turned my attention to Sean and spoke, “So what did you want to show me?”

Smirking, Sean tugged at my hand again, leading me up the large wooden staircase where we passed numerous couples groping each other in dark corners and a few rooms where noises that were definitely not Chris’s singing emanated loudly from. I wrinkled my nose in disgust, glad when Sean led me pass the disgusting public displays of affection and towards a door which thankfully, was silent compared to the rest of the rooms.

“Where are we going?” I asked, as Sean pushed the door and pulled me up another series of stairs.

“It’s a surprise,” Sean replied, as I held tighter onto his fingers as we clambered up the dimly lit passage.

I bit my lower lip as I spoke, “I’m not good with surprises.”

“Don’t ruin the suspense Lanter,” Sean commanded.

Sighing I relented, “Fine, but if you try to force me into killing someone I just want to let you know that I’m dressed inappropriately for it. I mean, I’m wearing white and you know how white is with blood, they just don’t go together.”

I was blabbering and there was no way that I could stop it. How did I go from talking about surprises to plotting a murder? And why for the life of all things sane could I not stop? Just close your mouth Viv and stop going on about blood like some bloodthirsty vampire from Twilight, I mean you’re a freaking werewolf lover anyway! Why would you even compare yourself to a vampire? That’s not only a sign of madness but a sign that you need to be admitted to an asylum. Yes Vivienne Lanter, you are one crazy girl, the kind that made guys scared and run away for safety because-

“We’re here,” Sean interrupted my mental rant, “and yes, I agree, you should change if you’re going to help me murder someone.”

Scowling at Sean who gave me his best innocent smile, I found myself turning to glance around me and gave a short gasp. We were standing in a small balcony that overlooked the small city of Redwood in its bright twinkling lights reminding me of brilliant white stars. I tugged my hand from Sean’s and walked towards the metal railing and leaned forward, as the cool night air brush against my red face that felt like it was fire.

“What is this place?” I breathed out, glancing at Sean who looked just as mesmerised as I felt.

“It’s the place I come out to think,” he replied quietly then turned to scan my face, “I’ve never really brought anyone up here except for you.”

I licked my lips and found myself unable to tear my gaze away from Sean’s and replied honestly, “I don’t know what to say.”

Sean turned his attention back towards the city as he answered, “You don’t have to say anything.”

For a few minutes we stood there in silence, just staring off into the bright twinkling lights in the cool night air when music which had been thumping steadily slowly began to get louder and voices of people drifted higher towards us. I turned to Sean who grinned at me before he extended his hand towards me.

“May I have this dance my lady,” he asked, bowing slightly with a smirk.

I couldn’t help but laugh as I placed my palm against his replying in my best British accent, “Why of course dear boy.”

Sean chuckled, before taking me off guard by pressing his lips against my knuckles. A shiver ran down my spine and I found my eyes growing wide as I stared at Sean who pulled away and gave me a suggestive smirk. Biting my lower lip, I allowed myself to be led my Sean who pulled me closer to him in a waltz pose. I dragged my eyes across his face that was chiselled to perfection, then down to his lips which seemed all too inviting and this time a shudder ran down my spine.

“Cold,” Sean asked, his warm breath fanning my face.

I shut my eyes and managed a faint nod as I felt Sean’s hands moving down my back until they came to rest against my waist. He pulled my body closer to his torso so that I could feel his hard muscles against my skin. My cheeks heated up and my breathing slowly hitched until I was sure that I was going to hyperventilate.

“Don’t you want to practice dancing for Prom,” Sean asked, his voice so alluring to my ears.

I sucked in a breath before I spoke, my voice coming out strained, “Okay.”

The music that had drifted up to us had now turned slow almost as though it was fate. Without warning Sean twirled me outwards, causing a small squeal to leave my lips which made Sean grin widely at me as he asked, “What, don’t tell me you’re scared Lanter.”

Scoffing, “No,” I let myself get lost into the slow and steady rhythm of the music instead of focusing on the pounding of my heart against my chest.

Sean smirked as soon I swayed my hips, moving closer towards him and brought my arms around his neck. Sean’s hands moved towards my thighs causing the heat to rise in my cheeks once again, but there was no way that I was going to let Sean think that I was scared. I wasn’t that shy nerd anymore, I was the new Vivienne and there was no way that I was going to doubt myself again. The music reminded me of a jazz band from the eighties, almost as though I had been transported back in time and was dancing with Sean in a small café and instead of panicking like I normally would have, I allowed my body to move instinctively to the beat.

I swayed my hips to the beat, feeling Sean’s tense under me as he brought his lips against my neck, dragging his lips slowly up to my own. I spun around, letting my hair fly around me like fireworks as I pulled away from the kiss, smirking smugly at Sean who stared at me wide-eyed as though he was seeing me for the first time. He reached out, taking my hand in his as he approached me and cupped my face in his. I grinned at him, turning my face to the side as he leaned forward, his lips brushing against my cheek.

“Lanter,” he breathed out.

I brought my own hands up to his chest that was rising and falling heavily mimicking my own. His eyes moved down to my own then moved up to my own eyes. Our gazes locked and Sean seized the moment, leaning closer until there was no distance between us. He pressed his mouth gently against mine at first, his hands slowly moving against my body, then towards the hem of my dress.

A soft moan left my lips and I felt Sean’s mouth press harder against mine, causing my lips to part slightly. That was enough encouragement for Sean’s tongue to slide in slowly. My hands moved up his chest to rest around the nape of his neck, then they inched higher up until I felt my fingers move through his hair. His hair was softer than I could have ever imagined, causing my body to shudder under his touch.

He pulled slightly away from my mouth, taking my lower lip in between his two parted ones and it was as though every part of my body was being burned from the inside out. His teeth grazed my lips all the while his fingers had been moving higher up my legs until they were dangerously close to my most private parts. Sean pulled away, his eyes lingering on my swollen lips the way a hunter would look at his prey and I found myself go numb all over.

“Hey, I forgot to tell you something,” Sean breathed out huskily.

“Hmm,” I trailed, my mouth moving to his neck slowly.

“Congratulations on Prom Queen Vivienne,” he replied.

A/N Alright, how was that Geeklings? :) I feel proud in a way because I wrote this chapter since forever even in this boiling heat that I've been having. Summer is finally here! :)) Exams are over and I have time to write even more, so expect more uploads =P Alright, what did you think of the chapter? Was it too long? Too boring? How was Sean and Viv? And please, don't mind my bad description skills with dancing, I'm no expert on moves...also the song to the side was inspiration/the song that I pictured Sean and Viv dancing to...remember to vote, comment and spread the word!

xoxo

Mona-Mae

PS: If you have time, check out The Hired Love for me? It's in the external link!

PPS: If you haven't already read the extra chapters and point of views, it's of Dave and sort of important to understanding upcoming events

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 93.4K 32
NEW VERSION IS PUBLISHED "He squints his eyes at me with an intense glare that makes me squirm. I don't know if it's the intense pain in my shoulder...
9.7K 284 45
Most books are from the point of view of the good, nerdy girl and the queen b is paints in a very bad light. This story is from the perspective of th...
132K 10.4K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 & 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
78.3K 3.2K 24
Cassandra Gray is and always will be a nerd. She's the kind of girl that wears superman tees and reads comic books, and has never missed a superhero...