Heart and Home~ Edmund Pevens...

Av the_metanoia

Fauns dancing around fires. Griffins soaring high. Unicorns galloping across wide fields and centaurs battlin... Mer

Chapter 1: New arrivals
Chapter 2: Hide and Seek
Chapter 3: Secrets of a wardrobe
Chapter 4: Siblings
Chapter 5: We told you so!
Chapter 6: Jadis... Queen of Narnia?
Chapter 7: The Beaver's house
Chapter 8: Tumnus and the witch
Chapter 9: Merry Witchmas
Chapter 10: The not-so-secret Army
Chapter 11: The Witch's Camp
Chapter 12: A Sudden Change
Chapter 13: The Cold Mother
Chapter 14: Aslan...
Chapter 15: Home
Chapter 16: Death and Life. Heart and Home.
Chapter 17: On we must go...
Chapter 18: Darkest of Times
Chapter 19: Long Live the Kings and Queens
Chapter 20: Abandon
FAN ART
Cover Contest!
Winner!
Fate and Love
Chapter 1| The Message
Chapter 2| Prince Caspian
Chapter 3| Edmund
Chapter 4| Narnians
Chapter 5| Councils and Kisses
Chapter 6| Late Nights and Early Mornings
Chapter 7| A memoir of heartache
Chapter 8| Aslan's How
Chapter 9| Fire and Ice
Chapter 10| Torture
Chapter 11| Dead or Alive
Chapter 12| Negotiate
Chapter 13| King against King
Chapter 14| For King and Country
Chapter 15| The Call
Faith and Time
Chapter 1: Edmund
Chapter 2: The Tale of an Old Soul
Chapter 3: A glimpse of pain
Chapter 4: Ghost Town
Chapter 5: Do Not Go Gentle
Chapter 6: Unchained
Chapter 7: Awakening
Chapter 8: Island
Chapter 9: Voyage
Chapter 10: The Gold of Midas
Chapter 11: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 12: Liliandil
Chapter 13: Dulce est Decorrum est Pro patria mori
Epilogue

Chapter 14: Revelations

1.9K 46 33
Av the_metanoia

Amelia smiled as she gingerly touched the flowers in the water around her. Edmund and Caspian rowed them east, towards the high waters of Aslan's country that seemed to meet the horizon. She smiled fondly a s she remembered her last memories on the Treader, the cheerfulness as Gale reunited with her mother, the lost souls were returned, and Eustace emerged from the water as a boy again. She had missed a lot during her fight with her four fears, including the part where Eustace's dragon from was stabbed by the sword which caused him to flee, but bring the sword to safety at the same time. Eustace was retelling the story, and Amelia listen keenly.

"No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't do it myself. Then he came towards me. It sort of hurt, but it was a good pain. You know, like, when you pull a thorn from your foot." Eustace chuckled, "Being a dragon wasn't all bad, I mean, I think I was a better dragon than I was a boy really." Eustace looked at Edmund, "I'm so sorry for being such a sod."

Edmund smiled at his cousin, "it's okay Eustace, you were a pretty good dragon."

The young boy smiled which sent a flutter of joy through everyone on the boat. Amelia looked at Edmund and gave him a pointed wink, to which he blushed and gazed away. Amelia then saw Caspian, a less cheerful look on his face. She knew she needed to talk to him, and soon. Something told her the next minutes in her life were going to change everything.

"My friends," Reepicheep announced from the front, "We have arrived."

Amelia watched as the tall wall of water came into view. The water rushed and moved like a tsunami that never crashed. It was lined by a pristine beach with sand as white as snow. The boat skidded onto the sand, and Amelia eagerly jumped off with Edmund in tow. She quickly took his hand in hers, not willingly to be without his touch after she had been deprived of it for so long. They walked towards the water, its movement magical and intricate to watch. She could not take her eyes off it, although she was very quick to notice a new presence walking beside her.

"Aslan," she stopped.

The lion smiled at them, "Welcome, children, you have done well. Very well indeed. You have come far, and now your journey is at its end." Amelia's heart sank slightly at his words, and she gripped Edmund's hand tighter.

"Is this your country?" Lucy asked.

"No," the lion answered, "my country lies beyond." He gestured to the large wall with his head.

Caspian paused before asking his own question, "is my father in your country?"

"You can only find that out for yourself, my son. But you should know that if you continue, there is no return."

Amelia gazed at Caspian, her heart wrenching slightly as he walked towards the wall. The closer he got, the quicker it raced.

"Wait! Cas!" The king spun around to face her, his face unreadable. She let go of Edmund's hand and ran up to her best friend, "Look, before you decide anything, I just have to say something, alright?" Caspian furrowed his eyebrows but nodded for her to continue. "I know things have been kind of rough lately, you know, with the mission and the trade and other stuff," she glanced at Edmund behind her, "But I want you to know that I'll always love you, Cas. You helped me when I was in a very dark place, and I'll never forget what you've done for me." A lone tear dripped down her cheek, "You're my best friend, Caspian. And I can't go through life knowing that our past relationship was what separated us in the end."

Caspian remained quiet for a moment, his head processing his thoughts, but he broke the silence as he blurted out, "Do you love him?"

"What?"

He sighed irritably, "I said 'do you love him?'"

Amelia didn't hesitate, "Yes." She glanced back once again, seeing him smiling in encouragement, "I don't think I quite knew how to live before I met him, and I doubt I'll be able to live without him." She looked back at Caspian, his gaze causing her tone to soften, "It was always him, Cas."

The King sighed, "I know." But then that familiar smile that Caspian sent her whenever she apologized appeared on his face, "I think I always knew, but I never admitted it to myself." He then lifted her hand and twined his pinkie with her own, "best friends forever?"

Amelia burst out laughing, remembering the time during the giant war when she taught him this, "Best Friends Forever." The two then faced the wall of water together, "So, are you going to go?'

Caspian sighed before shaking his head, "I can't imagine my father would be very proud if I gave up what he died for." Caspian then turned around, speaking to all their companions, "I've spent too long wanting what was taken from me and not what was given." He swallowed, "I was given a kingdom, people..." Caspian then turned to Aslan, his back stiff and his eyes red with tears, "I promise to be a better king."

The great lion smiled, "You already are." Aslan then turned to the Pevensies, Eustace and Amelia, "Children?"

Lucy's smile was wide, but it was Edmund that answered, "I think, perhaps, this time we went home actually, Lu."

Amelia's face fell alongside Lucy, who questioned, "But I thought you loved it here?"

"I do," Edmund glanced around, his gaze lingering on Amelia before returning to his sister, "But I love home, and our family as well... They need us."

A silence lingered amongst the crowd as Amelia tightened her grip on Edmund's hand. She recalled his words to her the day she woke up after being rescued, If you go, I'll go. If you stay, I'll stay.

A soft little cough was emanated from Amelia's feet. She glanced down and saw Reepicheep eagerly approach the lion, "Your eminence," he bowed, "Ever since I can remember I have dreamed of seeing your country. I've had many great adventures in this world, but nothing has dampened that yearning. I know I am hardly worthy, but, with your permission, I would lay down my sword for the joy of seeing your country with my own eyes."

The lion looked at Reepicheep in content, "My country was made for noble hearts such as yours, no matter how small their bearers be."

Reepicheep bowed once again, "Your majesty."

"No one could be more deserving," Amelia commented, with a broad smile.

"It's true," Edmund agreed, squeezing her hand.

Lucy knelt before the mouse, and asked with a teary smile, "May I?"

Reepicheep seemed slightly flabbergasted, "Well... I suppose" The young girl gripped him in a hug before he could properly finish, "Just this once."

The two shared a heart-wrenching moment as the mouse cuddled into her shoulder, "Goodbye Lucy." The two parted with a sad smile, and Eustace took her place, his face red at the thought of losing his new friend, "Don't cry, Eustace."

"I don't understand." Eustace swallowed, "Will I not see you again? Ever?"

"What a magnificent puzzle you are, and a true hero. It has been my honour to fight beside such a brave warrior, and a great friend."

The mouse bowed before his friend, and went to go but Amelia stopped him.

"Take care, Reep," She called, "And thank you, you know, for everything."

He smiled at her, "Lady Silvanus, my eyes will never see such true beauty again, for inner beauty is the true power of your spirit."

With one last wave, the abandonment of his sword, and a small boat ride later, Reepicheep was over the wall and beyond sight. Amelia jumped, shocked, as the pad of Edmund's thumb wiped away a tear from her cheek.

Aslan turned to the remaining children, and Lucy was the first to ask, "This is our last time her, isn't it?" The question was on everyone's minds.

"Yes," Aslan replied, "You have grown up, my dear one, just like Peter and Susan."

Amelia could feel her heart drop. He was leaving again, and he wasn't going to come back. This was it. This was the end. Another tear fell.

"Will you visit us in our world?"

The lion smiled as Lucy brushed her hand against his cheek, "I shall be watching you, always."

The youngest Pevensie let out a teary, "How?"

"In your world, I am known by another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know my better there."

Lucy's hair was blowing in her face as Amelia observed the emotional exchange, "Will we meet again?"

The lion gave her an almost cheeky smirk, "Yes, dear one, one day." The lion then turned his head from Lucy and roared into the watery wall. The sound created a large swirling tunnel in the water, the end of which Amelia could not see.

Edmund immediately turned to Amelia, "Come with me?"

She looked at him, shocked, "What?"

"You go, I go, remember? I can't leave you here again, especially if I know I'm never coming back." The Pevensie boy took her face into his hands and touched his nose to hers, "I can't live without you, Amelia. We've been separated twice by the border between these worlds, and I never want to go through that again," His eyes bore into hers, his look pleading, "Come with me."

"But, I'm the Silvanus, I can't leave." She cried out, "My place is here."

He frowned, "No, I won't accept that." The boy turned to Aslan, "There must be a way."

The lion sighed, "I am afraid, young Edmund, that Amelia's story in Narnia has not yet reached its end."

The boy's eyes suddenly lost all hope as he looked at her face again, eyes sullen, "I can't live there without you again. There could be no worse torture."

Amelia felt the tired dripping down her cheeks, "I'm going to miss you so much."

Edmund eyes were leaking now too, "Oh god, I don't know what I'm going to do without you."

In a last desperate moment, their lips met once more. The saltiness of their tears mixed with desperation and fear clung together as they embraced each other one last time. Amelia then hugged Lucy goodbye, sobs wracking both girls' chests. Eustace gave her a warm hug, warmer than his personality ever was before.

Finally, after one last kiss they disappeared behind the water, leaving Caspian and Amelia behind.

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

3.5K 44 15
Isabel Pevensie, as the eldest of her siblings, has a responsibility to care for her brothers and sisters; especially the younger two. The five are...
2.8K 60 18
She was a girl from inside the wardrobe. He was a boy from outside the wardrobe. ~~~~ "You're joking?" I scoff. "These are the Prophecy?" I pointed a...
55.2K 1.1K 31
Alicia Stewart, a broken 14 year old witch at Hogwarts receives news that her father has been killed in war. Her mother had died giving her birth, an...
206K 4.3K 31
πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘”π‘™π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ β„Žπ‘Žπ‘£π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’? πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘’ π‘œπ‘› 𝐼'π‘š π‘›π‘œπ‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘π‘Žπ‘‘, π‘Žπ‘š 𝐼? Katherine Edwards has lived next door to the Pev...