The Twin Rabbits (Yuki Sohma)

By larkobean

Katsumi Sohma is the little twin sister to Momiji Sohma, like her brother, she is possessed by the year of th... More

Prologue
How Do You Just Stop Talking?
YES, Please Cook!
I Too Am A Rodent.
Without You In It
Twins Are Cute
Sorry I Pissed You Off
Kyon-Kyon, Ich Liebe Dich
Garbage Collection Day?
Wen-Den, What?
Tomorrow, Then
What is That Look For?
Jason's Here?! (Part One)
Jason's Here?! (Part Two)
A Little Warning
No, You're Puurrfect.
Huh? 'They' Who?
Prove Your Prowess
To Thine Own Self Be True
At What Cost?
Sit There and Do Nothing
Yuki, Stop!
Ah Whatever, Come 'Ere Kid
You've Endured So Much Pain
Here For You!
Eat A Well Balanced Breakfast!
AUTHORS NOTE
How Could You Forget?
A Pitch Black World

Everyone's An Idiot...

4.2K 119 27
By larkobean

Katsumi stared absently out the window, twirling a long strand of blonde hair around her slender finger as their homeroom teacher drawled on, and on.

"-- You don't have to become an adult, but try to be somebody who takes responsibility for their words and their actions. Though, I guess that's actually harder. Alright, kids. That's the last lecture you'll hear for a while. It's over. Try not to do anything too crazy over the break." She say smoothly, before hopping down from the desk and exiting the classroom. As soon as the door closes behind her, everyone in the room leaped to their feet, cheering.

"Sweet freedom! It's finally here!"

"Summer break, baby!"

Katsumi remained seated calmly at her desk, flipping the page of her book as she ignored the commotion going on around her. A light tap on her desk made her look up, standing beside her desk smiling brightly was Tohru. Accompanying her was Ou-Chan, who slammed her foot into Katsumi's desk and strummed her air guitar.

"This vacation is all about makin' money, and playin' hard! Studying can go screw itself!" The blonde girl enthused, shaking her desk lightly.

"You seem excited about the break," Katsumi said plainly, flipping the page of her book.

"I could tear a car apart with my bare hands right now," she replied, before throwing her hands up in the air. "Yeah!"

"Could you, maybe not?" Katsumi chuckled, shutting her book with a snap.

"Arisa, I understand how thrilled you are, but try to restrain yourself before you start frightening people." Hana-Chan said calmly, as she walked up to the other three. The dark-haired girl was clasping a bug net, a jet black inner tube, and an ice cream in her hands.

"Look at that. It's like summer threw up on you,Uo-Chan noted, gesturing to the summer cladded girl. Behind Hana-Chan, Yusuke and Hiroshi approached them with a friendly wave.

"Hey, there you are. Remedial class dates are posted in the hallway." Hiroshi (? I don't know the difference!! xD) informed the dark-haired girl, she removed her hat with a surprising grin.

"Not necessary. I will not be attending any this year. I didn't receive a single failing grade." Hanajima retaliated, making both the boys bristle in surprise.

"You passed everything?" They shriek, reeling backwards.

"I'm guessing you didn't really like the idea of being stuck in a classroom without AC all summer long." Uo-Chan suddenly piped up, resting her hands on her hips as she glanced over at their friend.

"Correct. Last year was quite horrid." Hana-Chan sighed dramatically, clutching her hand to her chest as if she was faint just from the memory.

"That's what kept you from failing?" They two boys exasperate, staring at the girl in wonder.

"But if it was that simple, then couldn't you just pass your exams every time?" Yusuke question, his eyes wide with confusion.

"Yeah, I mean, obviously you can do it if you try hard enough." Hiroshi added, mirroring his friends expression.

"Yes, I contemplated that same possibility myself. However, I find that I have no motivation. None." Their dark-haired friend deadpanned, her expression blank. Katsumi dropped her head into her hands with a sigh, her friends lack of ability to study somehow exhausted her.

"That explains it..." She muttered, pinching the bridge of her nose as a headache started at the base of her skull.

"Enough of that.  We've been granted our freedom, and we must take advantage of it. So, how shall we entertain ourselves this afternoon?" Hana-Chan mused, looking between the three girls.

"Sorry, I'm working, so you'll have to count me out." Ou-Chan piped up, making Katsumi turn her attention towards the blonde yankee.

"Oh, you're working?" Tohru asked, smiling up at her friend.

"First the cafe, then later the convenience store. Gotta make that cash." Their blonde-headed friend said with a wide grin, to which Tohru smiled.

"I know what you mean. I was gonna find an extra job for the summer too, but I never had the time to look." Tohru said with a light chuckle.

"Are you completely insane?! You already do all the cooking and cleaning  in a giant house full of disgusting men! And now you wanna take on another job? You'll work yourself to death. I forbid it-" Katsumi stood to her feet abruptly, feeling an emptiness hollow her chest.

"Uh- Katsumi- I didn't.. I mean..." Uo-Chan stutter, ending her rant with a sudden stop. Katsumi turned to the three girls with a warm smile, her closed her eyes.

"It's alright, don't worry about me. Tohru, I'm going to find Momo- meet you outside." Her smile felt as empty as her chest, as she lied through her teeth. Katsumi wasn't sure why, but everyone's words seem to shoot an arrow through her heart. It was if she felt invisible, and unwanted, or unneeded. Her footsteps echoed down the empty hallways, the school had been quickly abandoned as everyone rushed off to begin their summer vacation. Katsumi pressed a hand to her chest, as if trying to clutch the feeling of unwantedness that lingered in her heart.  Perhaps Akito was correct in saying that she would never belong in this world, Katsumi was after all, never meant to exist after all. She ran her hands through her hair, letting out a long sigh as she leaned against the wall. Why is it, that she is always feeling this way?

- - -

"Even though this happens every year, I always get so excited about the start of summer. Kinda silly, isn't it?" Tohru asked, her cheeks flushed with excitement as she rushed down the stairs to look at the three Sohma's.

"You know, you're a real airhead." Kyo stated, as he stretched his arm over his head.

"A moron like you shouldn't be insulting other people's intelligence." Yuki stated, coming to a stop to crouch for a piggy back as he spoke. Katsumi felt a smile reach her face, as she leapt onto his back with a giggle. She nuzzled into the back of his head, feeling the sadness leave her body as his familiar touch sent shivers down her spine.

"Moron? Me? Where do you get off callin' me that, huh?" Kyo snapped, stopping to glare at Yuki.

"So, Tohru. Should we pick up some groceries for dinner on the way home?" Katsumi called, peering over Yuki's head as she glanced at her best friend.

"Don't ignore me! You can't just pick a fight like that then run off, ya damn rat!" The hot-headed cat shouted, as her boyfriend readjusted his grip on her.

"This kind of childish overreaction is exactly why I call you a moron, dumb cat." Yuki snapped, turning his head to glare at Kyo.

"Um, Katsumi, what were we talking about? Oh, right. What do you guys think we should have for dinner tonight?" Tohru questioned nervously, waving her hands to catch everyone's attention. Katsumi opened her mouth to reply, but was quickly cut off by a deep voice.

"-Ginger pork."

"Hey- What!" Katsumi whined, jutting out her bottom lip as she pouted at her cousin.

"Ginger pork... Sounds perfect." Before them stood Haru... Cooling himself beneath one of the schools broken sprinkler systems.

"Haru...." She trailed off, tilting her head at the curious cow.

"...What are you doing?" Yuki added, shaking his head at their cousin.

"Cooling off," Haru said nonchalantly.

"Look, that makes sense and all, but I gotta tell ya- standing around, spacing out under the sprinklers looks pretty freakin' weird." Kyo teased, clapping his hand on Haru's shoulder. Out of nowhere, her brother appears squirting a ducky water-gun in Kyo's face.

"Gotcha!" Isn't this the best? Gotta get soaked to beat the summer heat!" Momiji giggled, grinning up at the ill-tempered cat.

"I'll beat you, you annoying rabbit! Don't splash me!" Kyo snarled, giving her brother a double noogie. Katsumi buried her in Yuki's shoulder, wishing for silence as the headache continued to pound. Haru shuffled up to the two, tugging lightly on Yuki's shirt.

"Ginger pork is light, and refreshing." Haru said softly, trying to convince the two of them on the dinner menu. Katsumi was fairly certain the boy was inviting himself over for dinner.

"Ginger pork does sound good," Katsumi agreed with a nod. Picturing the light dish in her head, as she felt her stomach grumble.

"Okay, ginger pork it is." Yuki sighed, defeated.

- - -

"Wait'll you see it. I found the perfect way to celebrate our first day of break. It's up here!" Momiji cheered, as he lead the four Sohma's and Tohru up an escalator. Katsumi's rabbit ears bounced excitedly as she clung onto her brother's shoulder, trying to see what was up ahead.

"I'm a little confused, how are we going to celebrate in a department store?" Tohru questioned, following closely behind the twins.

"Not telling till we get there!" Her brother sing-songed, grabbing onto Katsumi's hand and skipping on ahead.

"Momo, but I wanna knoooow!" She whinned, giving her brothers hand a slight tug in protest.

"Not telling! Hurry it's going to be wunderbar!" Momiji teased, dragging her up the next flight of stairs.

"How 'bout we just go home instead?" Kyo protested, lagging behind the three excited teens.

"Come on. Where's your youthful zeal?" Haru mocked, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he flanked the end.

"I don't wanna hear about 'zeal' from you," the ill-mannered cat remarked.

"Almost there! I'm so excited. It sounds fun, and a little different too. A special kind of place for a special kind of day!" Her brother explained happily, closing his eyes.

"I like the idea of going somewhere special. I can't wait!" Tohru chirped, grinning at the twins.

- - -

"Well, here it is!" Momiji cried excitedly, throwing his hands in the air as a grand gesture. Though, unlike her brother, none of the others seemed as enthusiastic as him about their 'special summer adventure.' Much to Katsumi's dismay, her brother had taken the five of them to a haunted house.

"What do you think? Pretty amazing, huh?" He cheered, turning to look at the crowd behind him. "See! It's perfect! Now, auf ghets" Momiji charged forward, only to be grabbed by Kyo. (Here we go!) Blinded by sheer terror, Katsumi grabbed onto Tohru's arm, who looked down at her seeming to be just as frightened as her about this idea.

"Hold on a second, brat." Kyo sighed, releasing her brothers head.

"Before we go in, maybe we should see how everybody feels about haunted houses." Yuki advised, turning to look at the two girls clinging onto each other for dear life.

"What do you think Katsumi, Miss Honda?"

"--" The two girls held on to each other tightly, both trembling in fear.

"I think that's a no," Haru said staring at the two of them amused.

"You heard him. We're leaving." Kyo mused, grabbing onto her brothers head once again.

"Sumi, Tohru, you're scared? We can't go in?" Momoiji whimpered, staring at the two of them with puppy dog eyes. Beside her Tohru sucked in a deep breath.

"No! I mean, yes, I'm scared. Because haunted houses are scary, so of course I'm scared. But they say if you clear your mind, even fire will feel cool. So we just have to stop thinking and run into the fire! Right, Katsumi?" Tohru chanted, turning to look at her with wide eyes.

"Right... Uh... Y-Yes!" She stammered, not truly agreeing with what Tohru said at all.

"No. You really don't. At all." Kyo muttered, staring at the two moronic girls.

"We'll prove we can do this. We can, we will! Right, Katsumi?" Once again, she agreed- not feeling that even slightly even prepared to enter the house.

"Please allow us to enter the haunted house!" Tohru retorted to the ticket lady, dragging Katsumi along behind her.

"Erbarme dich meiner Seele..." Katsumi muttered, clasping her hands. (Have mercy on my soul.)

- - -

Katsumi clung onto Yuki, holding onto his arm for dear life. All around her laugher, and squeals echoed through the dark hall. Thing popped out at her, left, right, and centre making loud shrieks escape her mouth. Tears trickled down her cheeks as she buried her head into Yuki's shoulder.

"Come on, this stuff's so fake I'm surprised you two are even scared. What are you so afraid of?" Kyo muttered, making Katsumi peek up at him.

"I really don't know," both the girls murmur.

"What's worse? Screaming or laughing the whole time like some kind of lunatic?" Her boyfriend mused, taking a tissue from his pocket and wiping away her tears.

"But, you know, laughing at everything might be a good way to get through this. That's it! I'll use laughter to fight the fear!" Tohru declared, speed walking into the darkness.

"I-I don't wanna go on!" Katsumi bawled, hugging Yuki.

"You'll be fine, I'm here with you." He reassured her, pressing a light kiss to the top of her head.

"Okay..." She sniffed, looking up at him with large brown eyes. They pressed on, both the girls still continuing to scream. At some point Katsumi collapsed to the ground, forcing Yuki to piggy back her, Tohru pressed on with her eyes closed, and in the end one of the dummy ended up being broken as a result of one of Haru's stories.

...

The six of them stood in the managers office, hearing an earful from the manger of the place. Katsumi scratched her head awkwardly, leaning into Yuki.

"Honestly, I should call your parents. Make them pay for the damage. Stay here. I'll be back in a minute." The tall middle age man growled, turning to glare at them.

"Wait sir! We'll pay whatever you want, but please promise you won't separate them again!" Her brother cried, rushing forward to stop the man.

"Hm?"

"He's right! They belong together!" Tohru added, coming to take plead next to her brother.

"You wouldn't keep a young man from his long-lost mother side, would you?" Momiji once again added, pouting up at the manager.

"You moron. Haru was just making up a stupid story. He's gonna laugh in your faces." Kyo announced, shaking his head. And thus, her brother regaled the story to the stunned manager.

...

"Tragic. Yet touching. Ah! I don't know the last time I was so moved." The middle aged man cried, covering his eyes to stop the tears.

"Him too?! Is everyone around here an idiot?

- - -

Katsumi let out a long sigh as she seated herself at the dinner table, that haunted house had really taken a toll out of her. Everyone gathered around the table, Yuki taking his usual seat next to her.

"Ginger pork. Yay." Haru cheered, taking a large bite from his plate.

"Leave already." Kyo sighed, resting his cheek against his hand as he glared at the two extra Sohma's seated at the table.

"I'm next, right?" Momiji called, grinning excitedly. Tohru gave her brother his plate with her usual cheerful smile, Katsumi tilted her head to the side. Everything was perfect right now, so why won't this tight feeling in her chest go away? Why couldn't she rid herself of the feeling that not long from now, something very terrible was about to happen?

"Meat, yum!"

"We should have enough for seconds too," Tohru told him.

"So, what'd you do for you first afternoon off?" Shigure asked with a pleasant smile.

"We went to a haunted house!" Momiji cheered, smiling brightly.

"But weren't the girls scared?" Their elder cousin questioned, tilting his head to the side.

"It was very moving," the Tohru replied.

"It really was!" Her brother added, while Katsumi shook her head.

"It really wasn't," she disagreed.

"Moving? A haunted house?" Shigure asked, looking at the two oddly.

"Everyone's an idiot.."  She muttered, shaking her head.

- - -
Aaaaannnd filler chapter my apologies! But! I have a fun little idea! The first 5 people to guess the name of my kitten right, will get a short story written about them and their favourite Fruits Basket character! I will also announces the winners in the next chapter! You can chose any FB character, and the name and description of what you want the main character to look like! If you like the idea, drop your guess in the comments and I will follow you and message you if you're right!

Annnnd let the guessing begin! Thanks for the reads, love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 1.9K 52
Ami was a part of the Sohma family because of her mother but her mother never liked her family and left home. Ami's mother always told her the story...
215K 5.3K 55
Natsu and Tohru Honda had recently lost their mother in a car accident. Fate has it's ways, as the Honda sisters stumble across the Sohma family and...
132K 3.6K 95
You, Y/n Sohma, are a special part of the Zodiac. You're the aligning soul, the soul that is seated next to god, working hand in hand with them. Your...
4.5K 124 19
The Sakamaki's are living there lives in peace with there new guest until they are forced to move. Regretfully leaving everything behind. But rest a...