Harry Potter Fanfic: The Me I...

By trinikirito

After the fall of Lord Voldemort in 1981 by the hands of a baby Potter, the Wizarding World is in peace. Now... More

Chapter 1:Wool's Orphanage
Chapter 3: Customer Confidentiality
Chapter 4: "He's Harry-bloody-Potter! THE Harry Potter!"
Chapter 5: Letters
Chapter 6: Meeting Harry Potter

Chapter 2: Life at Hogwarts and Meeting Firenze

740 24 7
By trinikirito

THREE YEARS LATER...

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry stood tall in the summer's splendor at an undisclosed location close to London. The trees stood in their full glory and the grass were in their bright green stage. The atmosphere of the scene was so serene that nothing could possibly put it to a disarray...

"Thomas!!" Severus and Filch's voices bellowed as they both found themselves on the floor, drenched in mop water. 

A boy's laugh was heard and Snape snapped his head to the corner of the hallway floor he was currently sitting. He spotted the boy in question, his blue eyes of mischief and brown curls practically glaring back at the Slytherin Head's face. "Get back here child!" 

"Nope!" Thomas popped the last syllable of the word before sprinting down the adjacent hallway. The 8 year old boy's legs carried him as fast as it could before he eventually made it to one of the many doors of the school. He quickly opened the door and hid as he heard Snape's footsteps pass. 

Taking deep breaths, Thomas calmed his rapidly beating heart until, "Causing trouble, are we, Thomas?" McGonagall's voice prompted him to let out a yelp of surprise. 

"Oh, Aunt Min," Thomas slumped his shoulders and rested his hands on his knees to continue to catch his breath. 

"How are you Tommy?" she questioned, her voice laced in amusement as she continued sealing letters addressed to the new accepted students of Hogwarts for the upcoming school term of work. 

"Fine, have you seen Hagrid?" the young boy asked as he went and hopped on to her desk, swinging his legs as he watched her do her work. 

"I don't believe I have," she watched him through her tiny spectacles, "Why? Planning on causing more mischief?" 

"Me? Mischief?" Thomas gestured to himself dramatically, "Never Aunt Min...you know that," the boy smiled under the facade of innocence and Minerva chuckled whilst ruffling his curly hair. 

"Of course not!" she went into a drawer and offered the boy a lollipop to which he gratefully accepted, "And I suppose the toads in Severus' bed wasn't you and Albus?"  

"Honestly Aunt Min!" Thomas tried to stifle a laugh threatening to escape, "I would never do such a thing to Severus, he would punish me...Uncle Albus though..." 

Minerva gave an elegant laugh, "Okay little one, run along now!" 

Thomas gave a cheeky smile and went on his way, being sure to wave before he fully exited the room, "Bye Aunt Min!" 

Minerva waved with a smile, "Honestly, you would think Dumbledore would put a stop to his pranks, but no....he participates in them." She gave a small laugh before going back to her assigned job, suddenly Severus opened her door in a hurried manner. He was panting, "Yes Severus?" Minerva tried to desperately hide her smile at his drenched state. 

"The...boy," Severus tried his utmost best to catch his breath. 

"Haven't seen him all day I'm afraid," Minerva watched as Snape slumped against the wall of the door frame. 

"Are you by any chance lying to me...Professor?" Severus seethed, much to Minerva's enjoyment. 

"I would never," she humorously said prompting Severus to groan and shut her door. 

Elsewhere in the castle, Professor Flitwick is seen walking with Albus in one of the many hallways, both of which were discussing the previous school year's competency in charms. "They show much promise, Headmaster...although Fred and George Weasley...those little buggers...They sneaked Thomas into a class last month and caused and explosion!" contrary to his scolding, he gave a laugh. 

Albus chuckled, "Well, Tommy does seem to attract trouble." 

"That he does! The little mischief fairy!" Flitwick laughed again and Albus joined in until they were both bombarded by another body. 

"Oof! Tommy!" Albus greeted, recognizing the little boy immediately, "Why are you in such a hurry dear boy?" 

Tommy panted again, but laughed non the less, "Uncle Albus! Oh...I'm just excited to see Hagrid today, he said that we were going to see about the animals today!Have you seen him around by any chance?" 

The Hogwarts professor and headmaster chuckled at the boy's excited state, "Hagrid is just about on his way from his hut...be careful today, okay?" 

"Pfft! Please, careful is practically my middle name--" 

"Thomas! Stop this instant, boy!" Severus' voice penetrated their ears. 

"Gotta run!" Tommy took off down the hall already, "See you guys later!" he hollered before turning the corner.  

Albus and Flitwick chuckled at his retreating figure, "It's always noisy here when Thomas is around..." 

Albus gave a small smile, "That it is," his smile faltered slightly, "But how he fares when his training begins..." he said in a much lower tone. 

"What was that, Headmaster?" Flitwick asked. 

"Nothing Filius," Dumbledore gestured for them to continue their walk, "What were we discussing?" 

"Ah yes," Flitwick and Dumbledore continued with their discussion eventually coming up on the exhausted looking Severus whom eventually joined them for tea, seeing as going after Thomas would be futile at this point. That boy could run...

.....

Hagrid is currently seen exiting his hut with his umbrella in hand and giant brown coat donned. The man spotted Thomas running his way, "Ah, there he is!" Hagrid hollered as the boy got closer, "And where have yeh been all mornin'?! I've been lookin' all over for yeh, ye'know?" 

"Sorry Hagrid!" Thomas chuckled breathlessly, "Man, I have to get in shape. Broom Flying is turning into too much of a convenience..." 

Hagrid laughed, "So...are yeh ready for an adventure, Tom?!" 

"You bloody well know I am!" Tommy saluted. 

"Language Tommy!" Hagrid ruffled the boy's hair and was already on his way with Thomas following closely behind, his lollipop still in his mouth. 

"So Hagrid," Tommy began, "Are we going to see the centaur today?!"

"You mean Firenze?" Hagrid sent a cheeky smile the boy's way. 

"Mhm!" the boy took the lollipop out of his mouth, "Are we?" 

"Well, I'll let ye see for ye'self!" the bearded giant winked and Tommy found himself already a few meters into the woods with Hagrid leading them. 

Over the course of the next few hours of the day Tommy found himself and Hagrid giggling and talking about each magical creature they encountered in the forest. Hagrid made sure to calm most of the more dangerous ones and allowed Tommy to even pet some! The two males were just about done when Tommy shouted, "But wait!" 

Hagrid stopped at somewhat of a clearing, "What is it Tommy?" Hagrid asked, already knowing why Tommy was jumpy. 

"What about Firenze?" Tommy tilted his head slightly. 

Hagrid chuckled, "Well...I reckon he's right behind ye', Tommy." 

Thomas squinted his eyes until he suddenly felt a presence behind him, he looked up and came face to face with the great centaur folding his arms and bending slightly to get a better look at the boy as well. Tommy gasped, "Blimey!" 

The centaur chuckled as he saw Tommy back away and turn to face him fully, "Hello there Hagrid," the centaur, Firenze, greeted, "Little human..." he acknowledged Thomas whom had his mouth opened in surprise at Firenze's strong body and brown fur. 

"Thomas," the brown haired boy introduced, "Thomas Donovan! But you can call me Tommy or Tom." 

Firenze hummed, "Pleasure to meet you, Tom," the centaur bowed, much to Thomas' further amazement, "Hagrid here tells me that you wanted to meet a centaur for the first time...so, here I am." 

"Damn right here you are..." Thomas marveled at Firenze's full height, "This is amazing...say Hagrid...?" 

"Yea' Tommy?" Hagrid asked, quite amused. 

"This isn't a dream, is it?" 

Hagrid and Firenze chuckled, "No, I don't think so, Tommy," the giant confirmed. 

"Brilliant..." Thomas patted Firenze's side, "Say Mr. Firenze, would it be at all possible to have a ride?" his eyes hopeful, "Please?" 

Firenze was taken back, he looked to Hagrid whom merely shrugged, "I don't exactly see a problem...As long as ye' keep him safe and bring 'em back by sundown that is, Firenze." 

The centaur nodded, "I assure you, Hagrid, Thomas will be safe." He lowered himself for the boy to mount. Thomas did so eagerly and Firenze rose to his original height once more. 

Thomas held on tightly, "Wicked! I'll see you later, Hagrid!" 

The giant waved whilst chuckling, "Okay Tommy, just don't go too far, ye' hear?!" 

"I heard!" Thomas patted Firenze, "Ready!" 

Firenze nodded and took off with the boy on his back laughing and shouting. They galloped through the forest at high speeds. The boy's brown curls swaying slightly as they ran for the remainder of that day. Eventually as the sun was about to go down, Firenze decided to carry Tommy back where they both now sat by the lake. 

They conversed about little things, Thomas wanting to know more about the centaur culture and Firenze wanting to know more about Hogwarts. "It's great, Firenze! You know in the next few years, I'm gonna be a student." 

"You don't say, your parents must be proud," Firenze said, but soon noticed the boy's change in demeanor. "Is something wrong, Tom?" 

"No...it's just...I don't know my parents, never did," Tommy got up and picked up a stone, "Guess they didn't want me," he stared at the pebble intently before skipping it along the water, "But, guess it never bothered me anyway!" 

Firenze gave the boy a sympathetic look, "Oh...then how did you end up at Hogwarts?...If you don't mind me asking, of course." 

"Well..." Tommy's face contorted a little until a nervous laugh escaped, "I may have...set a snake or two on some kids from my old orphanage." He scratched the back of his head as he heard Firenze's haughty laugh. 

"You're alright kid," Firenze smirked, "So...who's the bloke that adopted you then?" 

Thomas groaned, "Professor Severus Snape," he said and outstretched his hands before walking back to Firenze and dropping his back on to the grass, " Crooked Nose Extraordinaire!" 

"Severus?!" Firenze was flabbergasted, "Forgive me, but...Snape...adopting a kid--" 

"I know, amazing, right?" Tommy looked up at the tree they were under, "I still don't know why Uncle Albus or Aunt Minerva couldn't do it..." 

"Maybe they had a reason?" Firenze tried to clear the air. 

"Maybe," Thomas sighed, "Hey Firenze...can I tell you something?" 

"Sure," Firenze raised a brow. 

"Promise you won't laugh?" 

Firenze chuckled, "Sure..." 

Tommy sighed once again, "Everyone always seems to think that I'm this carefree kid that pulls pranks on them, but honestly...I feel like I'm just a disappointment, especially to Severus, every time he looks at me...all I see, sense, know... is disappointment." 

"So you want to prove yourself to Snape...to make him proud of you?" Firenze tried to understand the boy's motives. 

"Stupid...isn't it," Tommy face was suddenly cold. 

"A little," Frienze chuckled when he heard a small 'Hey' from Tommy, "Listen to me Tommy...you are but a child, enjoy this freedom that you have, while it lasts..." 

Thomas closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Yeah...maybe you're right." 

Firenze chuckled, "Of course I am." They both then broke into a fete until they heard the clearing of a throat. They stopped and turned, "Mr. Snape," Frienze bowed.

 "Frienze," Severus' greeting was stoic and short, "Thomas...it's about time your training started," he was oddly calm right about now. 

Thomas groaned slightly, but stood up and dusted himself off non the less, "I got it, Severus," he looked at Firenze whom was now at his full height once more, "Thanks for today, Firenze!" 

Firenze chuckled, "No problem," he shared a glance with a still very calm and cold Snape, "Stay out of trouble you hear? Feel free to come and visit anytime, Thomas." 

Thomas watched longingly as Firenze galloped into the Forbidden Forest. The sun had nearly set and the sky was painted in a mixture of orange and pink. He felt Severus' glare on his back and he turned around and took a deep breath, "I'm ready..." 

Severus nodded, "Good..." 

The boy and man stood under the tree by the lake as a gust of wind passed and swayed their hair and clothing. Severus peered at the boy's innocent pair of blues and could tell that he was in for a hell of a time with this boy. If Albus wanted Tommy to be ready, then he'd have his work cut out for him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.8K 987 23
"SLYTHERIN!" Y/n Lily Potter and her older brother ("By five minutes!" -Y/n) have never even heard of Hogwarts until on their eleventh birthday when...
1.1K 48 16
Lily's life with her twin brother has been boring but calm. Mostly. After getting accepted into Hogwarts, she's pushed away by the only person she ne...
9.9K 487 43
*Please read the first book. It can be found on my profile. This book description will ruin the series for you.* The rest of Elektra's fifth year had...
653K 12.6K 66
"I was reaching for stars that didn't exist, caught up in the fantasies born of willful hope. I threw myself in the path of fate because I wanted to...