Reminisce | Mitsukou

By mizumishiiro_

Mitsuba Sousuke. You've probably heard of him before, right? Obviously, as a social media influencer, he's bo... More

R e m i n i s c e
p l a y l i s t ✧
I : r
I I : e
I I . I
I I I : m
I V : i
I V . I
V : n
V I : i
V I I : s
V I I . I
V I I I : c
「 r e m i n i s c e 」

E p i l o g u e : e

1.5K 106 203
By mizumishiiro_

Epilogue : Finale

I wouldn't want you to change either way.

― ✧ ―

'What is he trying to say?'

Mitsuba pulled away, his eyes widening as confusion creeping up from his back. 'That he.. doesn't want to start over as friends . . anymore?'

Mitsuba's eyes that glimmered with fear shone up on Kou's blue ones, searching for an answer. Yet, as timing went worse as possible, Kou turned his back on him, scratching the back of his neck. Finding the right words to say.

He felt his heart pounding in his chest, hiding his face behind his bangs. He didn't have the courage to look at him anymore. His mind immediately thought of the things he might have done wrong, or what went wrong in the first place.

Mitsuba ran his hand into his salmon-pink hair, thinking. . 'Was it something I said..?'

Or was it something he did, . ?

or something he failed to accomplish..?

And from there, Mitsuba felt his heart tighten from uneasiness, the irritating, warm tears forming in his eyes, resulting his vision to be blurry. There was just something that makes his chest feel heavy all of a sudden.

"You know, . ." Kou started, as Mitsuba looked up on him with eyes that glowed with uncertainty. "You're really stubborn sometimes.." He spoke out in a hollow voice.

"You're cocky, girly, a narsissicist, tends to be feminine sometimes, and you're full of yourself," Mitsuba felt his words stab him like knives, and he hid his head lower in embarrassment. But why? Was his persona the problem..? Was it wrong of him to be himself? Should he have changed his personality? Doubts and questions filled his head, as it led to one question;

Was he becoming too much to handle?

"But, you see..?" In a swift motion, Kou turns around to place his hand on Mitsuba's chin, lifting it. That moment, Mitsuba knew he regretted asking himself those dubious questions.

"I wouldn't want you to change either way." He flashed him a toothy smile, showing his fangs. For a second, Mitsuba felt like it was only the two of them who existed in this world. He focused on those captivating sky blue eyes, and Kou fixated on Mitsuba's peach colored ones.

It came to his mind how beautiful his eyes were, that you'll be mesmerized by them by merely staring at it.

The clouds cleared from the sky, showing the graceful sunlight shining upon them. Mitsuba can't speak, rather, he can't say nor think about anything in the moment so he kept silent.

"You're so good at taking photos, you're drop-dead gorgeous, attractive, adorable, and you're really famous. A lot of people cheer you and wish for your happiness, and I do too," Kou closed his eyes and smiled. A deep shade of blush appeared on the corner of Mitsuba's cheeks, gradually spreading out onto his face.

"And did I mention, that you're so damn gorgeous?" The blonde teased, chuckling at the end. "Y-you said that already, idiot." Finally, Mitsuba managed to stutter out. "Tch, am I really that great that you even got tongue-tied?" Mitsuba gave a smile, getting onto his usual character.

However, it doesn't end there.

He was taken aback when Kou suddenly slid his arms onto his sides, embracing him tightly like a plushie. "E-eh?!" He exclaimed.

Snickering a bit, Kou rested his head onto Mitsuba's shoulders, whispering, "So.. would you do the honor of being mine, Mitsuba Sousuke?" He timidly muttered out in a sweet voice.

Kou grinned, and in that instant, he put his hands on Mitsuba's shoulders and pulled away to take a look on his face. Mitsuba seemed to have lost his mind, his cheeks flushed and the look on his face was so adorable that he couldn't help but squeal.

When no one atleast expected it, big, warm tears came out flowing from Mitsuba's eyes, weirdly coming with his mouth that can't stop smiling.  "Mi-Mitsuba?!" Kou exclaimed in concern, wiping the tears that continued to flow like a waterfall.

"What..? Ah, you big dork." Mitsuba huffed. He tried being grumpy but the tears of happiness and the smile he can't contain says otherwise.

"Eeehh? Are you going to reject me, after I gathered up the courage to tell you how I felt?" Kou replied in a mock sad tone, teasing him yet again.

Suddenly, Mitsuba buried his face into Kou's chest to hide his expression, probably too embarrassed to show it. "I said y-yes, you stupid traffic earring..!" Came out like muffled noises, but Kou understood and gave out a hearty laugh.

And because Mitsuba made him the happiest man in the world, he couldn't contain his happiness and swung Mitsuba in his arms in circles. "S-stop, I'm getting dizzy!" He blurted out, asking to make it stop but when he did, Mitsuba ended up falling on top of Kou's chest.

Their faces burned red and grew warm like fresh sunlight and they chuckled together, the atmosphere blossoming with love.

― ✧ ―

"See..? I told you!"

A voice in a hushed tone resonated. Small ruffling of leaves were heard next, and a different voice replied, "There's no way the boy had that enough courage to confess, Yashiro."

"But look at them, Amane! They look so sweet I can see ants surrounding them!" The cream colored, radish girl fangirled in her statement. The amber eyed male beside him sighed, shushing her because she might blow their cover.

What's happening here, you might ask?

There's an explanation for this, okay?

When Amane and Yashiro passed by their old school coincidentally, they wanted to take a stroll inside and reminisce for a while. But Yashiro suddenly spotted Mitsuba and Kou side by side, holding hands while going out of the school. Seems obvious enough right?

The pair quickly hid before the two boys can see them and Yashiro decided by herself to follow them and see if they really were a couple or not. Amane thinks differently though.

Now here they were, hiding in the bushes while watching the Mitsukou couple from a safe distance (in other words, stalking them) while Mitsuba and Kou ate in a cafe of some sort.

"Remind me why we're doing this again?" The male sighed, resting his head on his palm. "That's because you won't admit that they're a couple." Yashiro stated, her eyes fixated onto the two males in the cafe.

"Even if it's that obvious." She snickered.

Her eyes suddenly widened, squealing in excitement. She grabbed Amane's arm, pointing out, "Look, look! Kou's feeding Mitsuba his favorite flan!"

Amane's eyes followed, seeing that it was true, Kou fed Mitsuba a spoonful of creamy flan, a toothy grin in his face. Mitsuba seemed to complain about something after he did it but Kou laughed even more.

"That doesn't mean anything, even I fed you food back then when we still weren't dating." Amane said nonchalantly.

"Ah, why are you still denying it? They obviously look like a couple, Kou-kun must had asked Mitsuba-kun out!" Yashiro groaned, unable to believe he still isn't buying it.

They continued arguing with their difference of opinions but when they saw the two boys going out of the restaurant, Yashiro and Amane followed in pursuit.

They headed next to a lake with sakura trees surrounding around it, making it look like petals were raining. The bright sun was reflected onto the glimmering water, shining beautifully. Yashiro gasped in awe, giddily dragging Amane who looked as if he didn't sign up for any of this.

'Why is my girlfriend such a fangirl?' Amane thought, sighing, as he was still being dragged to a nearby bush to hide. Was it a good thing or a bad thing though?

Getting into action, the pair watched the other two laughing and teasing each other with a light ambience, they looked so sweet together there were even sparkles in the air.

At some point, Amane came to think, 'Maybe they were couple..' Unaware of the hardcore fangirl next to him that had hearts in her eyes. Yes, she shipped them hard.

After a while, the two went closer to the lovey dovey couple and heard them saying something along the lines of "I think it's time.."or something and Mitsuba and Kou started to lean their faces closer, and closer..

And their lips was almost so close to each other

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP!" A ear-piercing fangirl squeal was heard, probably cut off by Amane's mouth covering Yashiro's mouth that was spewing weird noises.

"Yashiro, keep it down we'll get found out―!" However, the action Amane made was too sudden, and the hand that was balancing the both of them slipped, causing them to roll out of their hiding place. Resulting in him and Yashiro to be found out about their stalking. (Yup, Amane jinxed it.)

Mitsuba had a smug look, "Did you really think we didn't notice? Haha, I knew it." He snickered and Kou asked why they were doing that in the first place.

Yashiro and Amane explained from the top and how they even followed them.

"So you guys were just doing those things just for show?" Amane asked curiously. Referring about the lovey dovey things that they did. The both nodded, in Yashiro's dismay. "EH?! You guys aren't a couple?!"

And so, the question remains.

Just joking. (◠‿・)—☆

Kou put his hand on Mitsuba's shoulder, pulling him close while proudly exclaiming, "Yup, we're dating!"

"WHAT?!" Three people said at the same time.

Amane exclaimed, unable to believe that they really were a couple. (Even if it was SO OBVIOUS)

Yashiro had a huge smile on her face and was too happy for them.

And lastly, Mitsuba gasped, turning as pale as paper, "Wait, why are you shocked too?!" Kou asked, confusion lacing his voice.

The four just laughed together with arms wrapped around together, laying flat in the grass. They were happy now in the present, and that was all that mattered.

Yes, the past wasn't that great; they had fights and misunderstandings, and it might happen too in the future, but like how they solved it in the present, they'll surely overcome anything that stands in their way. No matter how big it is or how small it may be, they'll get past it.

Hand in hand, little by little.

― ✧ ―

Sometimes there are things that only you can reminisce.

Even so, you need to remember that you aren't alone.

The times of hardship, the times that you'll be challenged by the current problems, and the fun memories we had with our loved ones.

Sometimes, memories can be bad, or can be good.

What ever it may be, take it as a lesson to do better next time, or strive hard to make new happy memories together.

We can't change the past, but we can change the present.

So hold those memories tight, and cherish them. Remember to keep a smile while you reminisce! :>

― ✧ ―

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 21 15
{°---Gods Sacrifice---°} -°^{The Far shores is a boundary in which the supernaturals are bound to guard,across this shore stands an all knowing diety...
574K 17.5K 107
Everybody knows Naruko's goal: She wants to be the best Hokage ever! But she is still a petty genin. Therefore, she has a long and dangerous path to...
59.7K 1.9K 35
[ABO AU] Being an Alpha, is an advantage, as what most people would say but for Tsuchiya, it isn't. Suppressing desires and instincts are a lot harde...
9.8K 411 44
~ for all those women who say fuck Prince Charming, give me the silver-haired sensei with a fucked-up past. Master Jiraiya once said, "Ultimately, ev...