Reminisce | Mitsukou

By mizumishiiro_

Mitsuba Sousuke. You've probably heard of him before, right? Obviously, as a social media influencer, he's bo... More

R e m i n i s c e
p l a y l i s t ✧
I : r
I I : e
I I . I
I I I : m
I V : i
I V . I
V : n
V I I : s
V I I . I
V I I I : c
E p i l o g u e : e
「 r e m i n i s c e 」

V I : i

1.7K 81 283
By mizumishiiro_

Six : Missing the past.

❛❛ Can you tell me the truth?❜❜

― ✧ ―

Two boys whose flustered faces are too close for comfort, a blonde leaning into the pink-haired boy's face, both malfunctioning and their ears steaming.

"E-eh..?"

Mitsuba snapped out his daydream to wonder why a terribly cute boy's face was too close to his own.

What actually happened

His field of vision was filled with a light peach color, the petals of sakura floating in the wind. Mitsuba's eyes gleamed with awe and astonishment.

"How the heck did you find
a place like this?"

There were sakura trees decorated in each corner, filling the street with wonder and was marvelous to look at. The sun shone bright yet the cold wind was strong, leading the petals to fall onto the clear river near the trees.

Placing their bags and packed lunch (that were made by Kou) on the brown tables that were conveniently placed for people to use. They both enjoyed the peaceful and relaxing ambience, the faint smell of chamomile lingered in the air.

Mitsuba couldn't believe his eyes, regretting his choice not to bring his camera (thinking that Kou might bring them to a place unsanitized and dirty) and yet at the same time, he atleast wanted to take his time not caring about anything else and live in the moment.

A chuckle reached Mitsuba's ears as Kou replied, "You really like scenic places like this right? So, I searched on the internet to impress you for once." A beam that was too bright for Mitsuba's heart found it's way curling up in Kou's lips, his pureness was Mitsuba's weakness.

But it's not like he'll actually admit it, like usual.

A shade of red raced up to his ears, and yet he pretended as if he were unimpressed. "Hah, you'll actually go through those lengths for a cute boy like me huh?" The cockiness were evident on his voice, nevertheless, the blush on his cheeks screams differently.

It has been more than a week since they've been hanging out for the sake of 'returning forgotten memories'. They've grown quite close with each other and romantic feelings are (finally/dreaded to be) . . developing.

Yet again, neither of the two were sensible about it.

Underneath the tall, towering pink trees, a single petal landed on Kou's open hand. A smile reached his eyes, remembering a saying that goes,

"They say, that if you caught a sakura petal, your first love will come true." He turned to look at Mitsuba and giving a toothy grin.

His eyes trailed upwards, as his mind was flooded by a certain memory.

"You know, they said that if you caught a sakura petal on your hand, your first love will come true." A younger Kou Minamoto muttered out, opening his clutched hand to see a pink, soft petal resting in his palm.

"So you'll actually go and catch all the petals for your first love? Ridiculous." the younger Mitsuba Sousuke grumbled, a growing feeling in his chest arose in which he wasn't sure of.

Oh! and he remembered.

Was it . . jealousy?

But for what reason? Did he have the right to be jealous?

Why would he be jealous in the first place?

Mitsuba turned his head to Kou's direction, only to be surprised that he was already staring at him. Like the person Kou was referring to was Mitsuba.

Heat rose up to Mitsuba's cheeks and he pushes Kou's face away from him, muttering out, "Stop staring at me, you perverted stupid blondie!―"

And Kou laughed even more. His heart was thumping so hard he wondered if Kou was able to hear it.

He wondered if Kou was even trying to make his heart stop so easily just like that;

With flustered cheeks and stubborn thoughts,

he sincerely hoped he wasn't.

Seeing Mitsuba spacing out after his statement, he rested his chin on his palm, thinking if he had a problem or something occupying his mind, he'd try to help.

Snapping out his daydream, Mitsuba Sousuke suddenly felt self-conscious when he sensed someone burning holes on him, while looking right at him. And those orbs turned out to be his companion, who was sitting in front of him.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I know I'm cute, but you shouldn't stare for too long, It's uncomfortable." His eyes were half lidded, a disgusted look plastered on his face. Kou scoffed lightly,"You're too assuming, you just had a petal stuck on your hair." Kou's hand reached out to take something from his hair and it revealed to be a small sakura petal.

"It's almost indecipherable, it blended with your hair color." Kou gave him a close eyed smile, a tint of red on his ear going unnoticed. Deciding to just avoid his misjudgment, he suddenly and awkwardly exclaimed, "L-let's just eat!" There was a nervous smile present on Mitsuba's lips that really didn't fit his image.

If you're wondering, their lunch was made by Kou, that's because Mitsuba's too conscious of his cooking and he just isn't that great of a cook (yet not a bad one either) so the only option is for Kou to make their lunch.

He didn't make too little, but he didn't make enough for the two of them either.

He just made too much.

Kou was fidgeting, nervous that Mitsuba might not be able to finish all of it. But as soon as they started to unbox the bento, he digged in.

His lips couldn't bear not to smile  seeing Mitsuba's face brighten up  as his favorite food was made by the best cook Japan could ever ask for. Mitsuba came back to his senses when he noticed Kou grinning at him. Huffing, he muttered with a timid smile, "What? I-.. I didn't had breakfast earlier, I was just hungry and . . the food is atleast (delicious) edible enough for me to eat so.."

And Kou started to contemplate o  the fact that Mitsuba looked adorable while enjoying his food or the bigger fact that Mitsuba complimented him (indirectly) for his food. . ?

Beaming, Kou laughed softly, which sounded music to his ears. You see, Kou just had this kind of trait when he laugh, it's like the background disappears, the sounds dissipates and it's like there's only the two of them in the world.

That's just how Mitsuba was astounded by Kou's little charms like that.

Kou noticed how much Mitsuba drowned in his thoughts ― like usual, and there was food on Mitsuba's cheek that made him even cuter, if that was even possible.

Cheeks flushed, his body moved on it's own accord, taking the tissue and leaning on the table to remove the food from Mitsuba's cheek;

"E-eh..?"

Mitsuba blinked, taking in why a terribly cute boy's face is too close to his own.

― And that's why they were in that situation. ―

He saw how mesmerizing Kou blue eyes were, how cute the small freckles were on Mitsuba's face and how heat creeped up speedily on both of their faces. Kou's eyes widened, realizing the situation he put Mitsuba in. "Wha-what are you.. doing..y-you pervert!" exclaimed Mitsuba.

He hit him with such force that Kou landed on his chair on the other side. "Oww! That hurts, you know!" Rubbing the side Mitsuba hit to reduce the pain, he just scoffed and turned his head to the side.

Way to ruin the moment, Mitsuba.

"I was just removing the food stuck on your cheek, you should be thanking me not hurting me!" Kou said in defense, mumbling something along the lines of 'you narcissistic girly-faced boy..', with a glare directed at Mitsuba.

He shrieked, feeling chills running up his spine from the glare he's receiving. "It's my not fault that I'm too cute, you might take advantage of an attractive boy like me!" He narcissistically commented.

Kou grunted, rolling his eyes, "But you were enjoying my cooking too much you didn't notice food are getting stuck to your cheek." He deadpanned.

His eyes widened, a faint shade of read spreading onto his cheeks like wildfire. Kou got him this time, literally everytime.

With his face flustered, he stuttered out, "S-shut up, lame traffic-safety earring!"

― ✧ ―

Mitsuba was too conflicted.

There was just too many evidences and points to prove that Kou had his memory back already but why does he feel uneasy about this? Why does he feel like it's more of a . . bad thing?

"It's like you're a different person from before." When they went to a restaurant from accidentally meeting in the library. He never noticed before.

"You're not as fragile as you were back then, huh?" When they went to the arcade. It was too clangorous but he managed to hear it.

That one time at the cafe, Kou knew flan was Mitsuba's favorite even while looking back at it, he never mentioned about it once. That day, he can remember that he never told him it's his favorite.

"They say, when you caught a petal in your hand, your first love will come true." How he said the same thing from eight years ago. It's not just a coincidence.

All was crystal clear, he wondered why they even gone out like this, why they still hung out for weeks when all points lead to Kou having already remembered him.

Mitsuba wanted that all along, heck, he waited for years, but why does something seem like it's missing . . ?

Like something seems out of place?

Instead of feeling elated and giddy about it, he was just filled with worry and anxiety.

And he can no longer keep it to himself.

So, it was time Kou should explain;

Why?

Why is he pretending like
he doesn't remember?

The green grass swayed below them, grazing their feet, as they stared into the river, reflecting the sinking sunlight.

Silence lingered between them, neither one spoke a word. Their hair was being swept by the wind, the cold air softly kissing their skin. And finally, breaking the silence, Mitsuba's lips parted, uttering..

"Can you tell me the truth..?"

A gentle smile formed on Mitsuba's lips, his eyes closed with his eyelashes fluttering in the wind.

His body stiffened up, in a mere second, his eyes showed fear into them. But it quickly shifted into an indecisive smile. A rather fake smile.

"What are you talking about..?" And his azure blue eyes avoided to meet his pink ones.

'That habit.

He looks away.

When he lies, he looks away and
refuses to meet my eyes.'

Mitsuba forcefully took his wrist down suddenly, for Kou to look at him. It irritated him, he knew, so why cant he just say it? "You know what I mean!" He blurted out.

His eyes narrowed, the tears are starting to form in his eyes. Threatening to fall down.

"―why..

Just why..

Why are you pretending like you don't remember?!"

The rise of Mitsuba's voice took Kou aback, but the smile on his lips never faltered from his face. And it rather turned into a gloomy one.

"Because you told me so."

A feeling of guilt, pain and heartbreak suddenly hit Mitsuba, memories he doesn't remember nor knew before flooded into his mind, a headache suddenly surging in.

Taking a step back, he muttered out weakly, "What do you mean..?"

Kou's disheartened expression made Mitsuba's stomach churn, out of anxiety and worry. He had a feeling that this was that something he feared about.

Kou gave out a forced, painful smile unlike the bright ones he used to show him.

"'Guess I just have to make
you remember."

― ✧ ―

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 21 15
{°---Gods Sacrifice---°} -°^{The Far shores is a boundary in which the supernaturals are bound to guard,across this shore stands an all knowing diety...
20.4K 481 21
He paused when he saw the body slump onto the cold alley and shakily ask, "Wh-who are y-you...?" "...Kitsune." ---------------------------- Uzumaki N...
71K 1.9K 32
﹙⭔.🐳 "uhm, so carla asked me to take uh..."⟆ ( 〃"let me guess." you started, "brunette bastard?" .) ★☆﹔ "i heard that, jerk!"﹆ ◃. y/n is a intro...
225K 10.4K 100
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙢 𝙄? ❞ ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...