Adopted by My Kidnappers (Fif...

By FifthHarmonyyyy2

Skylar has now been living with her Kidnappers for a few months. They have decided to adopt her against her w... More

"If you want us to adopt you, we will"
This isn't an adoption. This is a contract.
Breakfast with Camila
Soccer Game
What I did
Pranks
RANT about Fifth Harmony (Not a chapter)
Tantrum
I'm a burden
Stupid Samantha

Camila Broke Her Promise.

804 20 0
By FifthHarmonyyyy2

The commotion from the prank has finally settled down and everyone is back to bed. 

I'm drifting off to sleep as Camila suffocates me with her hug. My head is resting on Camila's chest. As I'm about to pass out completely, Camila says, softly, "Hey Monkey, you still up?"

"Hmm?" I hum, with my eyes still closed, "What is it?"

"I just wanted to say sorry if I was mean to you. I was just annoyed by what you did." Camila whispers. 

"Camila, the whole point of the prank was to make you mad. Besides, I don't care. You yell at me every day. I'm used to it." 

Camila says, "I do not yell at you everyday Sky." I could feel her roll her eyes as she said that. 

"Eh, depends on who you ask I guess."

"Anways, remember what we were talking about a few days ago?" 

I open my eyes and look up at her, "Umm, maybe..."

"Well, you're telling the girls about it today." Camila says, looking down at me.

"Actually, I don't know what we were talking about..." 

"It was about-" Camila tries to explain. 

I cut her off, "Umm, you don't need to remind me. I won't remember even if you do. Let's just go back to bed." I snuggle into Camila more and try to go back to sleep. 

"Sky, I know you remember Monkey. You're telling the girls today. You've had enough time. I'm not letting you avoid this anymore."

"Why?!" I groan as I look up at her, "It's not even a big deal! You guys always make everything into such a bigger deal than it really is, I swear." 

"The girls deserve to know what happened, Sky. If you don't tell them, then I will." 

"Then go ahead! I don't care!" I exclaim as I turn around to not face her. 

"Come on Monkey. You know that they'll talk to you about it either way, so you might as well just tell them. It's better if it comes out of your mouth." 

"Just leave me alone."

She does nothing for a minute before hugging me. 

I shove her arm away, "Stop. Don't hug me. You never want to listen to me about things that involve me."

"That's because you never want to do the right thing." She replies. 

"No, I just never want to do the stupid thing. Stop talking to me. Just leave me alone."

After a few minutes of silences, she sighs and says, "Fine. I won't tell them for now. I still think that they should know so they can understand you better." 

"I don't need or want everyone to know every single thing about me. The only reason I even told you was because I wanted to get it off my chest. Not to mention the fact that you asked me and told me that I can tell you anything. I didn't realize that you would do this. I still want some privacy, you know?!" I exclaim, annoyed. 

"Okay, okay. I get it. Just go to bed. We can talk about this in the morning." Camila says. 

We face away from each other as we fall into a deep sleep.

---

I wake up late, but I still don't get up. Eventually, Camila comes over to get me up, "Hey Sky, time to get up." She says softly as she kneels down in front of the bunk. 

I don't say anything. Instead, I shift in my bunk so my back is facing her. 

Camila sighs, "Sky, I told you that you don't have to tell them." 

"And?" I ask, "You're still constantly budding in and forcing me to do things I don't want to."

"Sky, the only reason why we 'bud in' is because you're our responsibility. We love you and we want what's best for you." 

"Can you just do my a favor, please?"

"Sure, anything." 

"Can you leave me alone." 

Camila let's out a deep sigh, "Sky, just get up and go brush your teeth please." 

"Fine!" 

I jump out of my bunk and go straight to the bathroom. 

Once I get out I decide to head to the lounge instead of the kitchen. I don't want to deal with any of the girls right now. 

After a while, Camila comes in and hands me two pancakes with strawberries and syrup on them. She sits down next to me while I eat. 

She asks, "Why didn't you come to the kitchen to eat? All the girls were asking if you were okay." 

I scoff, "Why do you think?"

She sighs, "Sky, come on. Don't take your anger with me out on them. They didn't even do anything."

"Yes they did! All of you won't leave me alone! You keep forcing me to tell you every single thing." 

"Sky, I'm trying really hard not to lose it right now, but what you keep saying over and over again is just a bunch of nonsense, and you know it."

"Oh, so the truth is nonsense now, huh?"

"Oh my god, you're not even saying the truth! We did trust you enough to let you keep secrets at the beginning because we thought you'd tell us if something major happened, but you didn't! We also let you keep your phone too, but you blew that both times!"

"Yeah but-" 

Camila interrupts me, "You know what I'm saying is right, so I don't know why you're even trying to argue with me." 

"I still have a right to choose what I want to tell the girls!"

"Jesus, Skylar, you sound like I was making you to tell them you were dying or something! I just wanted you to tell them so they could understand you better. I'm not saying you don't have a right to choose what you want to tell them, you do. But, when they're serious you don't get a choice. You have to and will tell them." 

I don't respond because I know there's no point in arguing. She already won. 

She sighs, "Look, I don't want to kill the mood this early in the morning. Let's go back to the kitchen."

She takes my hand and makes me follow her into the kitchen. She sits me down at the table and has me eat with the girls.

"Why didn't you come here first?" Ally asks. 

"Because." I reply, flatly. 

"'Because' isn't an answer." Lauren replies. 

"Because I didn't want to! Do you need an answer for every damn thing?!" I reply, annoyed.

"Okay, calm down," Dinah says, "She was just wondering. You don't need to swear."

"What's with attitude?" Normani asks, annoyed. 

"I don't even have an attitude! Oh my gosh, can you guys just leave me alone?" I groan. 

"Camila, what happened? Did you say something? Why is she so mad?" Dinah asks. 

Camila looks at me, "I don't know. I guess somebody just woke up on the wrong side of the bed." She looks at the other girls, "Are you guys done eating? Can we just leave Sky alone and head to the lounge?" 

"Yeah, definitely." Normani says, getting up and following Camila, "Any place is better than here."

They all leave. 

Once I'm done eating I decide to stay at the table. I put my head down and relax by closing my eyes. My mind eventually drifts off into space. 

After half an hour, I hear footsteps walking towards me. 

Ugh, why can't they just leave me alone. They're probably just checking up on me. Just fake sleep Skylar. 

 Dinah walks in and says, "Jeez, is she actually sleeping?" 

Camila walks in right behind Dinah. She stands next to me, shrugs and says, "I guess." 

"Do you know why she's so mad at us, Mila?" Dinah asks, sitting down on the sofa next to the table. 

"No," Camila replies flatly, following Dinah to the sofa but not sitting down.

Dinah gives Camila a doubtful look, "Come on, Walz. We all know you know what happened. Just tell me. I won't tell anyone, I swear." 

I open my eyes a little to look at them, but when I do Camila looks over. She's checking if I'm actually asleep. Then, she sighs and says, "Okay fine, but you can't tell the other girls." 

"I won't. I promise." Dinah says. 

"Ugh, I promised her I wouldn't tell anyone. Dinah, I feel so bad."

"It's just me Camila. Whatever it is I won't hate her or judge her. I love her as much as you do." Dinah replies, "Come on. Just tell me already."

Camila sighs and takes a seat next to Dinah. She tells Dinah about the story I shared with her. 

Dinah looks at Mila, shocked, "Wow, what the hell? I never would have thought.... wow. I swear, if I ever see Carter, I'm going to teach him a lesson."

"Yeah, I'll help you with that." Camila replies. 

"So, wait, why is she mad at us? What did we do?"

"She thinks we bud into her bussiness a little too much. She doesn't like it when we, or when I, tell her to tell everyone else. She just doesn't understand that we do that because we want her to know that she has someone. That we're always going to be here to help her. She just never gets it."

"Camila, she just doesn't want to worry us, not to mention that she probably does want some privacy."

"Oh my god, remember when she got bullied by those kids on twitter?! She started to cut herself Dinah! There's a difference between wanting privacy and hiding serious things. I swear, we can never be sure with her! If she hadn't worn long sleeves and had found a better way to hide her cuts, we would've never found out! Who knows what else she might have done. Dinah, do you remember how scared and worried we all were? She never understands that we care about her so much." 

"I know, and she doesn't understand how much we love her. And, we can't really do much about it since she always walks away. She never wants us to get too close to her, but I think it's because she's been hurt before by the people she's loved and she probably just doesn't want to feel that again." Dinah says. 

"I just wish she wasn't mad at us for this. I don't get her. Why doesn't she understand that we're her family now? I'm her legal sister now for crying out loud. We're supposed to take care of her. And, at times, that means invading her privacy. All I wanted her to do was talk to you guys. I just wanted her to tell you four the story she told me, and now she's mad at all of us. Ugh, I wish she would just understand Dinah."

"She's just a kid, Mila. You need to give her time to understand. She'll start to trust us eventually." 

"It's been nearly 5 months since she's been with us. How much more time does she need? I get that she's just a kid, but every kid needs people to lean on. We just want to be those people for her. Is that so wrong? I just don't want her to feel alone." Camila says. 

"I know Mila. Trust me, she'll understand soon enough. Hey, you want to head back? We can wake up Sky later. She's probably really tired."

Camila sighs, "Yeah." she says as she gets up, "Hey, remember, don't tell the other girls what I told you. Okay?"

"Chanco, I'm hurt. When have I ever broken a promise?" 

Camila starts to laugh as they walk off. 

She broke her promise. She said she wouldn't tell anyone and she just told Dinah. Ugh, I don't understand why she's so upset about me not wanting to tell them things. I'm almost a teenager. Why wouldn't I want some privacy?! I don't need or want anyone to lean on. Nothing is even happening in my life for that to be necessary! I'm literally always with them and I can't even meet or talk to anyone my age! Ugh, I hate them. They're so dramatic I swear to god." 

A/N: If you liked this chapter please consider leaving a vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...
8.3K 213 28
Y/N Y/LN is a young, talented girl with no means to continue on living. Her whole life has been filled with questions no one can answer. At fifteen...
223K 5.1K 56
After getting signed to Syco Records it is decided that you need to get your name out there a little more to promote your upcoming album. You end up...
135K 5.5K 39
Ally finally had her life figured out. She was living the dream with her band Fifth Harmony. What happens if plans change? A little accident makes su...