Stories of Our Life [Volume 1]

By IldiDragonheart_v2

[Re-uploaded from old account. Also edited (finally)] "The best part about memories is making them." -- One s... More

Important Note Before You Read This
1: I Hear Footsteps (And I Wish They Were Yours)
2: "Can I Pick?"
3: "Are you SURE I Can't Punch Him in the Face?"
4: "You're Lucky You're Cute"
5: Books, Rain, And You
6: Hopscotch
7: "Did You Just Kiss Me?"
8: Tattoos and Soulmates
9: "I Wasn't That Drunk!"
10: Masquerade
11: "Go Get Your Girl, Scamander"
12: Orion and the Pleiades
13: Upside Down
14: High Places
15: I Just Called to Say
16: "What's a Soulmate?"
17: "Would You Like to Stay Forever?"
18: Best Moment
19: Salamander Eyes
20: Cafe
21: "Just Very, Very Drunk"
22: An Older Brother's Guide to Setting Up A Date for Your Younger Siblings
23: "There's Something on Your Face"
24: Fever
25: "I'm Having Cola"
26: Doggy Pile
27: Just Say Yes
29: Enganged
30: Fire Salamander
31: Morning Melodies and Conversations
32: In The Rain
33: Sing For Me
34: Oversized Shirt
35: Nightmares
36: Caught You
37: Newt's New Talent
38: Napkins are Too Overrated
39: Newt's Newt Favorite Game
40: Now Here You Are, Standing There (Loving Me)
41: Overworking Wives and How to Seduce Them (Into Healthy Sleeping Patterns)
42: Stomach Pains
43: Watch Each Other's Six
44: "Do You Think They Know How To...?"
45: Missing Pet
46: "The Floor is Lava!"
47: Stay
48: Inspiration
49: Newt's Letter
50: Sweet Dreams
51: Whatever It Takes, I Will Stay Here With You

28: A Rather Awkward Meeting

341 15 5
By IldiDragonheart_v2

Leaning back on his chair, Newt Scamander raised his arms and stretched with a tired groan. He glanced at his watch. 5:15 pm.

He's been working for five hours now.

Newt sighed as he stared at his laptop. It's been four hours and he's not even halfway done with the manuscript for his zoology book. And the deadline's near.

"What am I going to do, Dougal?" he asked his white Afghan hound, who was laying on the floor beside his chair. The dog looked at him and only replied a bark. Newt chuckled.

"Yes, maybe I should rest," he murmured. Shaking his head, he saved his file and shut down his laptop. He stood up and look around his rather messy office.

I'll just clean up tomorrow, I suppose, he mused.

Newt exited the room and wandered downstairs to the kitchen, followed by Dougal. He prepared himself some tea and biscuits while his pet went and sat by the window in the sitting room. After he finished preparing his tea, he joined his dog by the window seat.

He sipped his tea as he watched the bustling city of London below his apartment. He watched as cars drove past and people walk here and there.

A few minutes of silence passed until Newt heard Dougal bark excitedly. He watched as his Afghan jumped from its position on the window seat and race towards the door. It began clawing at the dog, whining.

Newt smiled. "You want to go for a walk, Dougal?" he asked. The dog barked, its tail wagging happily. Newt chuckled and nodded. "Alright then. Wait here."

After placing his cup into the sink, Newt grabbed Dougal's leash and his case and blue coat. He joined his dog by the door and attached the leash to its collar. He grabbed his keys and opened the door before he was dragged out by Dougal.

"Dougal!" Newt cried, laughing. "Calm down, boy. Let me at least close the door."

After being literally dragged down the stairs by Dougal, Newt found himself in the park near his apartment. It was a peaceful place, children playing around and people taking walks. It was a clear afternoon and he could hear birds singing.

He found a spot near the lake and sat down. Dougal settled down beside him. The view of the lake was breathtaking. The green surroundings with the sky nearing a sunset, with birds flying overhead. It was a picture-perfect view, one that Newt decided he should sketch.

He looped the leash around his wrist so that he will still have a hold on Dougal in case he ran away. Opening his case, he pulled out a few pencils and his sketchbook and began drawing his surroundings. Smiling, Newt felt at peace after a hectic week of reviewing and revising his notes for his manuscript.

It would not last for long, though, for he felt a strong tug on the leash looped around his wrist. He looked up from his sketchbook and saw that Dougal was now chasing a squirrel. He was dragged to his feet as he was pulled by the large dog.

Dougal ran after the squirrel, nearly bumping into people along the way. Newt panted, trying to keep up with his dog without having to be dragged along.

"Dougal!" Newt called. "Dougal, stop!" But the dog didn't listen and continued on chasing the poor squirrel.

Up ahead, a woman was walking while reading a book. She seemed to be unconscious of her surroundings. Newt gasped and he and his dog neared her. He tried to stop but Dougal was much stronger and continued to drag him.

"Dougal! Dougal, stop!"

The woman in front looked up from her book and gasped. They were nearing her now, fast. Newt couldn't stop and bumped into her. The woman stumbled and almost fell back if not for Dougal. The squirrel ran around them. Dougal, of course, chased after it, causing the leash to wrap around Newt's and the woman's legs, pulling them closer to each other.

"What the hell!" the woman gasped, dropping her book. Her hand flew to Newt's chest in an attempt to keep him away from falling over her.

"So sorry!" Newt apologized quickly while trying to get a hold of his dog. "It's just...Dougal! Stop!"

But the dog just wouldn't listen and continued chasing the squirrel. The squirrel dashed away from Dougal towards the other side of a small pond which was just near where Newt and the woman were. The dog ran after the squirrel, pulling the two along. They stumbled and eventually fell into the pond with a splash.

"Oh my god!" the woman cried. Newt looked up and noticed that he had fallen on top of the woman. His face suddenly felt hot and he quickly pushed himself back and scampered away from her.

He stood up, now drenched, and looked for his dog. He found him by a nearby tree, barking up at it. Newt sighed and ran a hand through his wet hair.

"That bloody dog..." he grumbled. Then, he remembered the woman who was also with him. He looked down and saw that she was still sitting there, also very drenched, and was trying to stand.

"Oh dear, let me help you," he said, bending down to offer her a hand. The woman took it and Newt pulled her up. "I am so sorry about my dog...he just doesn't know when to stay put or listen, really."

"It's fine," the woman replied curtly. Newt watched as the woman gave herself a look-over. "Oh no, my nee coat!"

Newt looked down in embarrassment. "I am terribly sorry. Uhm...here take mine, instead." He shrugged off his coat and offered it to her as she was removing hers.

The woman stared at the coat in his hands then at him, meeting his eyes. Newt felt his heart beat faster. Beautiful, he thought, she's beautiful.

The woman had fair skin, brown hair, and eyes of the same color. She was of the same height as him. Newt couldn't help but stare at her, especially her eyes. They were dark...and as he looked at them, he felt like he was looking at fire in dark water. Much like the ones he saw in salamanders.

Then, he heard a giggle, tearing him away from his reverie. Newt shook his head and stared at the now giggling woman in front of him. He felt his cheeks burn up despite the cold water dripping from it.

"I-I'm so sorry...b-but I don't understand what you're laughing at," he sputtered, embarrassed, yer he couldn't look away.

"Uhm, sorry but," the woman giggled, "you're offering me your coat but it's also wet!"

Huh? Newt looked at his coat and it was, indeed, dripping wet. He must've not noticed it due to the embarrassment of ruining her coat. He felt more embarrassed now. "Oh.."

Then, he found himself laughing along with the woman. The pair laughed, laughing at how stupid they look right now and what had just happened earlier.

After a few moments, they finally calmed down. The woman looked at Newt with a smile. Newt felt his cheeks heat up.

"I am really sorry about what happened," he apologized again. "It's just that Dougal-"

"Dougal?" the woman asked curiously with a small smile.

"My dog," he answered. "He's an Afghan hound. He's really energetic and loves to run around, that's why I have to take him on walks almost daily."

The woman nodded, still smiling. "Yeah," she chuckled. "I can see that."

Newt smiled. "I'm Newt Scamander," he suddenly blurted out before he could even think of the words. "And you are?"

The woman was visibly surprised at his sudden introduction, she smiled nonetheless. "Tina. Tina Goldstein," she replied.

Newt smiled and held out his hand. "Tina," he whispered, "that's a very lovely name." Realizing what had just said, he blushed.

The woman bit her lip and looked down, blushing as she shook his hand. "Thank you," she said, softly.

Newt looked at his watch (thankfully, it's still functioning) and saw that it was getting late. A breeze brushed past, making him shiver. Tina was also shivering.

Without a word, he wrapped his coat around her shoulders (it was a bit dry now, anyway). "Here." He saw Tina's shoulders stiffen for a second before relaxing.

"Thank you," Tina whispered, tugging his coat tighter around herself.

Newt nodded. He then thought that he should really be going home in time for dinner now. Looking at Tina, he thought of something. "Uhm...if it's alright you, Miss Tina," he began. "Would you like to join me for dinner? We could head over to my place and dry up..."

Tina looked surprised at the sudden invitation. She looked like she contemplated his invitation before nodding with a smile. "I'd like that," she said.

Newt smiled brightly before calling out to his dog. He introduced Tina to Dougal, who immediately liked her. Together, the three walked home.

[Edited and Re-uploaded: July 21, 2020]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 360 30
ใซใ‚ˆใฃใฆๆ›ธใ‹ใ‚ŒใŸโ•ถโ”ˆ โœ„ Azura Lynx โœง Warning I haven't watched/played the whole game so it'll like mostly be OOC (out of character) and Spoiler alert! I'm a m...
72.3K 2.3K 16
"gฯƒ ั‚ฯƒ ะฝฮตโ„“โ„“ าฏฯƒฯ… ะฒโ„“ฯƒฯƒโˆ‚าฏ ะฒฮฑsั‚ฮฑัโˆ‚" ั‚ะฝฯƒsฮต ฯ‰ฮตัฮต ั‚ะฝฮต โ„“ฮฑsั‚ ฯ‰ฯƒัโˆ‚s ั‚ฮฑโ„“ฮนฮฑ ฮฑโ„“ฮนssฮฑ ฯฯƒั‚ั‚ฮตั ะฒโ„“ฮฑcะบ โ„“ฮฑsั‚ัฮฑฮทgฮต ฯฮตฮทโˆ‚ัฮฑgฯƒฮท-ัฮนโˆ‚โˆ‚โ„“ฮต sฯฯƒะบฮต ฯ‰ะฝฮตฮท sะฝฮต ั‚ฯƒฯƒะบ ะฝฮตั โ„“ฮฑsั‚ ะฒัฮตฮฑั‚ะฝ I...
18.1K 856 29
(*COMPLETED*) (This is book one, look out for #2 which will be called, Reaching For You! I advise you read this before reading the second one.) It's...