The Ghost Brother

By PhantomFaller13

What if Danny Phantom and Dick Grayson were brothers? Richard and Daniel Grayson lost their parents and were... More

Chapter 1: The Circus
Chapter 2: A New Parent
Chapter 3: Wayne Manor
Chapter 4: A Friend
Chapter 5: To Catch a Crook
Chapter 6: Confrontation
Chapter 7: Falling Out
Chapter 8: Patrol
Chapter 9: Runaway
Chapter 10: Welcome to Amity Park
Chapter 11: First Day at Casper High
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Chapter 12: A Surprise Visit
Chapter 13: An Unwanted Reunion
Chapter 14: A Lab Accident
Chapter 15: Returning Memories
Chapter 16: Searching and Recovering
Chapter 17: Mystery Meat and Sleeping Troubles
Chapter 18: Straight from the Bat's mouth
A/N
Chapter 19: Family Matters
Chapter 20: Not So Bitter Reunions
Chapter 21: A New Friend
Chapter 22: In the Center Ring
Chapter 23: The Great Train Rescue
Chapter 24: Puzzle Pieces
Not an Update
Chapter 25: Dark Futures Part 1
Chapter 26: Dark Futures Part 2
Chapter 27: Dark Futures Part 3
Chapter 28: Revelations
Chapter 29: Reunions
Chapter 30: Brothers Again
Chapter 31: Decisions
Chapter 32: The Bird and the Bat
Chapter 33: Meet the Titans
Death is Upon Me
Chapter 34: A Forgotten Enemy
Quick Update
Chapter 35: Two Different Times
Spinoff Books?
I'm so sorry
Chapter 36: The End of It All
Chapter 36: One Last Time
Quickie
Chapter 37: Familiar Faces
What's coming next?
Many Years Later

The New Teen Titans

1.4K 50 2
By PhantomFaller13

Damian Wayne stood in front of his mirror in his bedroom at Titans Tower. He held a domino mask in his hands as he stared into his own eyes. A knock on his door stirred the young Wayne from his thoughts as he hurriedly put on his mask, barking a quick, "Come in," to whoever was on the other side of the door.

Blue Beetle poked his head in, a slightly nervous expression on his face. "Uh, everyone's waiting for you, Rob," he said tentatively.

Robin sighed. He turned and walked towards the door. Blue Beetle jumped out of the way as Robin exited the room and walked into the main lounge area of Titans Tower, where his fellow teammates were waiting. Seated on the couch was five teens, handpicked by Damian himself to become the new Teen Titans.

The first was Wallace R. West aka Kid Flash. An African-American teen with a checkered past. His introduction to the team was rougher than the others as Damian had initially abducted the boy to help them face off against the League of Assassains, but afterwards the teen had decided to join the team. He and Robin didn't get along very well as Robin had once brutally kicked him off the team after Kid Flash lost his powers to Deathstroke and (as a result) joined forces with the villain. Eventually Kid Flash regained his powers and re-joined the team but his and Robin's relationship remained strained, with the teen only conversing with fellow Teen Titan mentors Raven and Blue Beetle.

The second, William Wu aka Roundhouse. A chubby, blue-skinned teen who could transform into a ball of any shape, size or kind. Without his suit, he becomes a blob that can barely speak or move. He is a sickly sweet member of the team and got along with Kid Flash very well. He seemed like a goofball that cared more about his Viewtube 'buddy' count but in reality he was a protective kid that cared about the team and wanted to protect them, especially after the death of his sister.

The third member of the team was probably the most mysterious of all. A beautiful 4000-year-old djinn by the name of Djinn. Despite her ancient age, she possessed the body of a young, brown-skinned teenage girl. Her powers seemed almost limitless, yet she did her best not to use too much of her magical energy, for reasons unknown to the rest of the team. No one knew how Robin came across her, but they were thankful to have her. 

Fourth, was Crush. Her real name was Xiomara Rojas, the half-Czarnian daughter of the intergalactic bounty hunter, Lobo. Crush was tough as nails and malicious, often finding delight in the terrorizing of children. Robin found her after her adoptive parents were murdered and she had taken to fighting in illegal fighting rings, and offered her a spot on his new team of Titans. Crush had agreed, believing Robin could help her find her parents' murderer. She wielded Obelus, a sentient chain that had protected her since birth. While she was ruthless, she could also be arrogant and overconfident which had caused her to loose a few battles, something the others found she had in common with Robin (not that any of them would admit it).

The fifth and newest member, Silver Phantom, was a sweet sixteen-year-old girl that was new to the crime fighting scene. She possessed ghost-like abilities and had a bubbly personality that was nearly impossible to control. She had only been with the Titans for one week and she was improving more and more every day. She seemed determined to prove herself worthy to Damian; after all, he was her uncle. 

Once Robin entered the room, all eyes were on him. Kid Flash narrowed his eyes while Silver Phantom and Roundhouse looked on excited. Crush glanced his way before returning her gaze to Obelus and Djinn's eyes just boredly looked on.

The youngest Wayne felt his eye twitch in annoyance under the mask."Titans," Robin barked, "we have a mission."

The Titans quickly got to their feet, the fastest being Silver Phantom who was floating eagerly in front of her uncle, excited for a new mission. Crush hopped over the couch as Roundhouse and Kid Flash walked over, Djinn close behind. 

Crush crossed her arms and stared up at the team leader, "So what's the sitch now?" she asked, flipping her mohawked hair out of her face.

"Gizmo is back," Robin answered, simply.

"Did we not just beat him up a few weeks ago?" Kid Flash asked, looking to Roundhouse. The chubby teen shrugged in response.

A cruel grin appeared on Crush's face as she pounded her fist into her open palm. "If it means I get to punch that creep and terrorize some little kids again, I'm in," she said, almost too happily.

Djinn rolled her eyes at Crush's reaction while the others took a small step away from the half-Czarnian.

Silver Phantom continued to float up and down excitedly. "So do we go now? Or do we go later? Do we know where he is? What about-" questions came flying out of the ghostly teen's mouth and she was only silenced by Robin raising his hand to stop her.

"Phantom, can I speak with you privately?" he asked, turning around and walking away from the white-haired girl before she could reply.

Silver Phantom looked to her teammates who all seemed to be avoiding her gaze. She felt a blush rise in her cheeks as she turned intangible and flew after Robin. She floated through the halls of the tower before winding up in her room, where the older hero was waiting for her. 

Her room was quite bare as she had only recently moved into the tower, containing only a bed, a nightstand and a bookshelf. Robin was standing next to the bookshelf, scanning over the titles she had on it. The ghost teen landed on the floor and cleared her throat, but Robin didn't turn around.

"I know you've only been on the team for less than a week," he began, taking a book off the shelf and flipping through it, "but I still don't think you're ready for a mission just yet."

Silver felt her core sink into her stomach. She floated to Robin's side, trying to hide the horror and embarrassment on her face. "Please, I swear I'm ready," she begged, "I've been training everyday, I've been getting to know the others and I told my dad that-"

"Lilith," Damian said abruptly, slamming the book shut and cutting Silver Phantom off. 

The teen shrunk away from the older hero and landed on the floor, hanging her head. She watched as two white rings appeared around her waist, washing over her and reverting her to her human form; Lilith Fenton. Lilith felt embarrassed tears sting her eyes as she fought the urge to cry in front of Damian. If she showed him that she couldn't handle someone raising their voice at her how would he ever allow her on missions?

Damian placed the book back on the shelf and rested a hand on her shoulder. The gesture shocked Lilith as Damian was usually not one for physical affection.

"I am not doing this to punish you," he explained, "I have seen you train. You are becoming as strong as your father and I assure you that you will bring honor to his name." Damian squeezed his niece's shoulder gently before releasing it, turning away from her and walking towards to the door. "But you are still not ready," he continued as he reached the door. Turning the handle, Robin opened the door and exited the room, closing the door gently behind him.

Lilith felt the tears spill over as she sunk to the floor, wrapping her arms around her pulled up knees and sobbing quietly to herself. She heard the other Titans leave for the mission and tried to stop her sobs. A knock on her door startled the half-ghost teen as she quickly summoned forth her transformation back into Silver Phantom.

The door opened slowly and Blue Beetle's head appeared. "Hey there, kid," he said with a comforting smile, "Can I come in?"

Lilith nodded her head, wiping away her tears. The blue suited hero walked over to the ghost teen and sat next to her, saying nothing. He moved his feet awkwardly, reaching out his hand and then taking it away, trying his best to respect Phantom's boundaries but wanting to let her know that he was there for her all the same. He began muttering to himself, as if he was arguing with someone as Phantom looked on in confusion.

She smiled, brushing away the last of her tears. "Thank you, Blue Beetle," she said, standing up and brushing off her black and white HAZMAT suit.

The older hero tilted his head. "But we, I mean I didn't do anything?" he questioned, rising to his feet. Blue Beetle didn't know much about Silver Phantom aside from the fact Robin seemed to be paying special attention to her and her progress. He also wasn't the greatest at comforting people but for her to do a complete 180 on how she was acting just moments ago with him doing almost nothing was kind of odd.

Silver Phantom continued to smile. She ran a hand through her pixie cut white hair, taking a deep breath. "I'm gonna go make myself something to eat," she said as she phased out of the room.

Blue Beetle blinked rapidly after watching the teen walk through the door. "I feel that she is not being honest with you" the Scarab grumbled in Blue Beetle's mind.

The older hero rolled his eyes as he headed for the door. "Sometimes just being there with someone is better than giving them a long winded speech," he said rather proudly. He kept a smug grin on his face as he sauntered down the hall to the main room of the tower. As the doors hissed open he peeked his head around to look into the kitchen.

His heart sunk into his chest as he did not see the ghostly hero in the kitchen. He could feel the Scarab holding back a cruel comment but that did not make him feel any better. In fact the Scarab remaining silent made him feel worse.

"Aw man," he said, slapping a hand over his eyes, "Robin is gonna kill me."

Greetings lovelies. It is I, Posh Line Break. I have come to gift you this designer suit of armor, perfect for defending your honor. I do hope you like it. Proceed with reading the chapter. Oh and if it doesn't fit I shall make adjustments! Farewell, lovelies!

Silver Phantom flew through the skies of Jump City, looking for signs of a fight going on. From what she knew about Gizmo he was a genius inventor and  liked to attack toy stores. As she flew around the city she started to think of what she was going to do once she found them. She had to prove herself to her uncle that she was worthy of being a part of the team. If he kicked her out of the Titans she wouldn't be able to face her dad, or any hero ever again. 

The ghost girl was stirred from her thoughts by the sounds of explosions not far from her. She stopped mid-air and scanned the area, seeing a rising cloud of smoke on her left. Her eyes lit up with excitement as she started flying at full speed in the direction of the smoke. This was her chance to prove herself. Prove she was worthy of being a Titan, of using the name Phantom, and so she could prove to herself that he powers were meant to help people.

Her mom and dad always told her she didn't have to follow in their footsteps, that she could live a normal life if she wanted to, but Lilith had refused. She took up the mantle of Silver Phantom and began training with her parents to improve her skills. When she finally felt like she was ready, she set out to join the Teen Titans.

It took her a bit of convincing for Damian to let her on the team, but eventually she wore him down and he accepted her on a trial basis. Although he promised her a potential spot on the team, he had yet to actually allow her to go on a mission.

Which led to where she was now, flying at high speeds towards yet another mission she wasn't allowed on. Only this time, she was going to prove to Damian and her fellow Titans that she was ready for this responsibility.

Silver Phantom arrived at a destroyed toy store and saw her fellow Titans busy fighting Gizmo's latest creation while Robin assisted where he could. The teens and older hero were facing off against a giant mecha-suit that resembled a giant teddy bear, if teddy bears had razor sharp claws, mouths full of jagged teeth and eyes that shot lasers. A teenage Gizmo sat in the exposed chest of the bear, pulling all sorts of levers to control the giant bear, laughing maniacally.

"Roundhouse!" Crush shouted at the larger teen.

"Got it!" he replied, activating his suit and morphing into a giant flaming ball. Crush swung Obelus at him, wrapping the chain around her teammate. With one swift heave, she flung Roundhouse at the giant metal bear.

Gizmo noticed the incoming projectile and slammed a gloved hand on a large button. At once, a force field appeared in Roundhouse's path and the ball shaped hero bounced off it, landing on the ground below.

"That seems like a problem," Kid Flash commented, rushing at the bears feet. As he neared the bears feet, another force field appeared, causing Kid Flash to crash right into it. He suffered a mild shock before falling to the ground, stunned.

Crush bared her teeth in anger at the sight of her two fallen teammates. She turned to Djinn who had been standing next to her trying to read Gizmo's mind. "What'cha got, Djinn?" she asked, readying Obelus for another attack as she watched Roundhouse slowly get up.

Djinn opened her eyes, grimacing. "He seems to be quite proud of his new forcefield tech," she said, shielding her eyes as she looked up at the bald villain in the bear's chest. "It seems to react once something is in close range of an attack."

"We just gotta hit it harder!" the half-Czarnian cried out, "overload it or something!". Her eyes fell on her chubby teammate who had finally recovered from the force field shock. "Roundhouse! One more time!" she shouted, racing towards her teammate.

Silver Phantom watched from the sky as her fellow Titans tried to land hit after hit, only to be blocked by Gizmo's force field. The giant bear raised its fist, bringing it down on the street below, where Djinn was currently standing as she tried to help Kid Flash get back up.

"Djinn!" Crush screamed as Roundhouse watched in horror.

Robin noticed the danger and raced towards the two teens, his gut sinking as he realized he wouldn't make it in time.

Obelus moved on its own towards Djinn but didn't make it before the fist connected with the ground, crushing Djinn and Kid Flash.

Crush's screams were ear piercing as tears flowed down Roundhouse's face. Regret and rage festered in Robin's gut as he sunk to his knees, staring at the silver paw that had killed his teammates, his trainees. He had never even made things right with Kid Flash, and now it was too late.

Gizmo laughed triumphantly as the paw was lifted. He was eager to see the spoils of his successful attack. But to the bald villain's surprise, there were no bodies to be seen.

Relief was reflected in the eyes of all the Titans as they looked around for their not-crushed teammates. Robin spotted them off to the side on a non-destroyed part of the street, except both were unconscious. The older hero narrowed his eyes in confusion, wondering how if both of them were unconscious, how did they get out of danger. Masked eyes widened in realization as Robin's expression twisted into one of horror and frustration. He looked to the skies and saw a not very apologetic looking Phantom smiling down at him.

Before Robin could even think to scold her for disobeying him, Silver Phantom charged at full speed towards the giant robot. 

The ghostly hero's gaze narrowed in on Gizmo while the bald villain smirked. He leaned back in his chair, waiting for her to run into his force field. As the force field appeared, Silver Phantom turned intangible and phased right through it, dropping her intangibility to deliver a swift punch to Gizmo's face.

While the villain was stunned, she charged a green ecto-blast in her hands and fired it at the control panel surrounding Gizmo. The wiring sizzled as the force field went offline.

"Nice, Phantom!" Crush yelled, gripping Obelus tightly. She turned to Roundhouse who nodded, morphing into another ball of flame. Obelus wrapped itself around Roundhouse and with one mighty swing, launched the ball-shaped hero at the robot.

Silver Phantom flew out of the way as Roundhouse connected with the robot bear's face, blasting a hole right through it. The robot fell to the ground with a large crash, sending a shockwave through the street. Robin hopped onto the fallen mecha, running to the chest and pulling and unconscious Gizmo out of the control seat as authorities appeared on the scene.

The Titans had regrouped to the side street where Kid Flash and Djinn were regaining consciousness. Crush was helping Djinn sit up as Roundhouse fist bumped Silver Phantom, complimenting her on her smart thinking before helping Kid Flash. 

Robin appeared behind Silver Phantom, placing a hand on her shoulder. 

The ghost hero winced, tilting her head to look up at the elder hero. She offered him a sheepish smile before phasing out of his grip and turning to face him. "Before you yell at me, I just wanna say-" she started before Robin silenced her by holding up his hand.

Crush noticed this and rolled her eyes as she helped Djinn stand up. "Look," she started, glaring at Robin, "as much as I hate to admit it, without Phantom we probably would have lost today." Crush looked to Djinn, seeing the smaller teen, shake off the last of her drowsiness. Her gaze lost its malice as she continued, "We probably would have lost out teammates too."

Silver Phantom fought back happy tears as she heard Crush defending her. Roundhouse helped Kid Flash to his feet before going to stand beside Silver Phantom, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and giving her a warm smile. Crush, Djinn and Kid Flash soon followed in his example, coming to the ghostly teen's defense and standing beside her and looking up at the older hero.

Robin's eyebrow raised as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "I wasn't going to scold you, Phantom," he admitted.

The white-haired teen's eyes widened. She clasped her gloved hands together and looked up at her uncle, hope in her eyes. "You... you weren't?" she asked, a cautious smile appearing on her face.

Robin shook his head. "I was going to congratulate you," he said, crossing his arms, a smirk appearing on his face.

Silver Phantom looked to her equally confused teammates. She ran her hand through her pixie cut hair, tilting her head. "For what?" she questioned.

A full smile appeared on Robin's face as reached into a pouch on his utility belt and pulled out a Titan communicator. He held it out to Silver Phantom as he said, "On becoming an official Titan."

Silver Phantom's jaw dropped to the floor as he eyes widened in shock. She stared at the communicator in Robin's gloved hand, praying that this wasn't a dream. As her newfound teammates patted her on the shoulders and congratulated her, she took the communicator and attached it to her belt.

All the way back to the tower she bonded with her teammates, resisting the urge to fly into the air and do celebratory loop-de-loops. As the entered the lounge of the tower, Robin halted in front of them.

The five teens poked their heads out from behind Robin to see Blue Beetle talking with two other, very familiar heroes. One with black hair, wearing a domino mask and a black jumpsuit with a blue bird-like design spread across his chest; the other, a white haired, green-eyed man wearing black HAZMAT suit with white stripes running from his shoulders down the sides of his chest and forming a belt-looking stripe over his abdomen and a green oval in the center. He wore white gloves with metallic silver and green striped canisters attached to arms. A familiar symbol glowed green on his chest. A small P inside a larger D.

The teens gasped as they were staring at the legendary heroes, Danny Phantom and Nightwing.

"Hi-ya," Danny said with a chuckle, "we heard that the Titans got a new member and came to say hi."

Silver Phantom charged into the room, wrapping her arms around the white-haired hero. As the other Titans walked into the room and greeted the older heroes. Robin hung back to talk to Blue Beetle only glancing at the other heroes in the room.

Silver Phantom eventually released the older ghostly hero and showed him her new communicator, bouncing up and down excitedly. 

Danny smiled and ruffled her hair, "I knew you could do it, slugger," he said proudly. He leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Just wait until you show your mom and Aiden. They're gonna be so happy for you."

A blush rose in Silver Phantom's cheeks as he smile grew wider. She couldn't wait to tell her mom and younger brother about her accomplishment and her brother, Aiden, would love her hero story. For now, she would settle with showing her dad and uncle.

As the sun began to set, Silver Phantom felt that her hero life was just about to begin. And with her fellow Titans by her side, she knew she would one day be a great hero like her dad.

TO BE CONTINUED?????

A/N: I wanted to do this chap as a late anniversary present (as this is one of my most popular books). I've been on Wattpad for over 4 years now and have surpassed 1k followers. I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that has supported me, read my books, voted, left comments and have stayed with me through my multiple disappearances. I would not be where I am today without all of you. So thank you again and happy reading!

p.s. do y'all want me to make this New Teen Titans a series? Cuz honestly, I'd be down for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 7.3K 82
Separated from their brother, Dick, when they were six, White and Danny never knew that the Fentons had kidnapped them. But when you're a ghost boy a...
21K 620 22
A sequel to the story Lost Prince. Danny has left Amity Park with his older sister Jazz in hopes of protecting himself and his friends. Who or what w...
59.2K 1.9K 23
So this is a Danny Phantom story. This is also a Danny Phantom crossover Justice League. Another thing, Danny is a child. Not a teenager. Danny has l...
202K 8.9K 35
Two years. It had been two years since that day. Since he last saw their terrified faces, tied to the boiler. Since he had seen them smile. Since Dan...