Blind Wolf a Kung Fu Panda Fa...

By MarcelaLeni

Follow Aleksei's story, a blind wolf with white fur like snow and a will so powerful that it makes him unstop... More

Prologue: And so our story begins
Chapter 1: Party Crasher
Chapter 2: The Dragon Warrior
Chapter 3: You Don't Belong Here
Chapter 4: Indomitable will
Chapter 5: An Unlikely Hope
Chapter 6: The real Training
Chapter 8: Aleksei vs Tai Lung

Chapter 7: The secret is...

3.2K 51 9
By MarcelaLeni

Tigress P.O.V.

I took a deep breath once Master Shifu undid the effects of Tai Lung's Chi Disruption Technique, I was finally able to move again. My body was sore from being stiff so long, each movement I made was painful. But not as painful as the damage done to my pride.

I've never been so overpowered.

We all did our best to take him down; pulled out all the stops, but it did no good. Our combined attacks only proved to be a minor inconvenience to someone as skilled and experienced as our master's first, and greatest student. All five of us were beaten within forty-five seconds, a new record to be honest. Viper, Monkey, Mantis and myself were all frozen stiff by the snow leopard nerve attack. Only Crane was not targeted by Tai Lung's crippling attack, he ordered Crane to take us back to the valley. I could only assume as to why until Master Shifu confirmed my suspicions.

A message. 

He sent us back as proof that not even the Furious Five was a match for Tai Lung.

It was sunset by the time Crane got us back to the Jade Palace, he was exhausted from carrying all of us for three days straight, he collapsed as soon as he dropped us in the back training courtyard. The wol-... Aleksei was the first one who came to our side, his voice full of concerned. He never thought we were dead, don't know how. He just knew.

I sat in the same place where Crane dropped me, disappointed and ashamed of myself. Once again my pride clouded my judgement, I put my friends in danger because I wanted to prove Master Oogway wrong, I wanted to show everyone that I was the dragon the Dragon Warrior...

...

...

...To make my master proud of me as his student and his daughter.

But I failed, and all my friends were hurt because of me.

I wanted to just sit there, I just wanted to hug my legs to my chest and hide like I did when I was a little girl back in the orphanage.

I saw a shadow cast over me in the day's dying light, I looked up and saw Aleksei standing over me. he held his hand out, waiting for me to take it. He didn't have his blindfold covering his eyes, but I couldn't see his eyes, and he didn't gave me a disappointed look as I expected, the only thing in his face was a small smile. Most people would call it a look of pity, but I didn't see any pity. with his white eyes and the soft smile, it let me know...

Everything was going to be alright... 

Somehow.

I just couldn't see it.

I took his hand and got up with his help. And honestly he seemed a little different from when I left with the rest of the Five. His fur was dirty, his pants were torn and worn. The blindfold he used to cover his eyes was gone, and I could see his eyes, it took me by surprise that they were white. Completely, no sclerotic or iris. If he's blind he never showed it, which is weird, I've seen people act like they are blind, but how could he be blind and act like he's not.

What kind of training did Master Shifu put him through?

If the training he did made him capable of doing that then it worked.

-I guess now it's my turn- I heard Aleksei say. He didn't looked nervous. He looked composed, but not nervous. The rest of the Five made to their feet, and they already looked like they were about to collapse. Monkey and Crane were stumbling to were Shifu, Aleksei and myself were. Mantis was limping on three legs, and Viper was just slowly inching her way over. If Tai Lung were to fight us again, we wouldn't stand a chance.

-You're right Aleksei- Shifu told him, and Aleksei didn't scared, just worried.

-But if five masters couldn't beat Tai Lung, what chance do I have?- At this point I hated to agree with him... 

But he was right.

The hope I saw before when I looked into his eyes was less but it had not disappeared.

-Because you will have one thing that no one else has- Shifu said with confidence. Obviously he was certain of the canine warrior's abilities. I wanted to see what that one week of training did.

-Better understanding of science, algorithms and mathematics- He said.

It obviously didn't make him less cold than it was before.

-Alright two things- And he turned and walked to the Hall of Heroes with the rest of us following.

Aleksei P.O.V.

We stood in the Hall of Heroes in front of the reflecting pool. The golden statue above us, the scroll that held the secret to my destiny sat between its jaws. I wasn't nervous, but I only had a week's worth training and even though Master Shifu agrees that I am good enough, I still wonder...

-Am I ready for this?- I turned my head head to my master, waiting for him to answer.

-I believe you are, Aleksei- That was enough to put a smile in my face. The fact that he had such faith in my abilities gave me the confidence boost I needed.

Shifu walked over to the shrine created to honor the late Master Oogway and picked up the Cherrywood staff that once belonged to him. I could hear he walked back to the pool of water and started to twirl the staff in a peaceful and non-aggressive fashion. His twirling created a breeze that picked up some flower petals that were floating in the water. I could feel how he manipulated the breeze into a light whirlwind which ended with one of the petals landing on the side of the scroll case. That was all it took for it to fall from the statue's mouth. Shifu then used the staff to catch the scroll just before it hit the water, a motion that caused a single ripple across the water's surface.

Isn't it amazing what a calm mind can do?

-Here, Aleksei. The Dragon Scroll. It belongs to you now- He presented me the scroll that held the secret to limitless power. I was just about to take it when a thought entered my head.

-How I am going to read it? I am blind- Good question, right? 

Everyone was surprised for what I said, after all. How I am going to read it if do not have eyes that work.

-Let Tigress read it for me- I recommended, after all she's got eyes that work.

-Of course- I heard Master Shifu said. Handing the scroll to Tigress, She took it with a mumbled thanks and started enrolled it. Master Tigress opened it completely to reveal...

Something.

...

...

...

-Its a mirror- I heard her say, now that was really anticlimactic.

-What!- Shifu exclaimed. I wonder how he did not heard her? She tried handing him the scroll.

-No! I am forbidden to...- He grabbed it from her and opened and closed it rapidly.

Forbidden, huh?

-I don't understand- Was all that Shifu could say. It was obvious to me. Oogway made a mistake. The universe chose wrong. There's no way I could be Dragon Warrior.

The Five and Shifu began discussing what to do now. I wasn't listening. I was thinking, the scroll is a mirror, what could that mean.

As Master Shifu gave orders to evacuate the valley, I was brought to reality just as he said he'd stay behind and fight Tai Lung. We all knew what the outcome would be. We all knew what was going to happen.

But we did nothing to stop it.

We all turned and walked out of the Hall of Heroes. I needed a little help from Master Crane, because I remained rooted to the spot. Why should other people suffer for my failures? Why do others have to die because I wasn't strong enough?

More questions, no answers. Typical. 

Master Monkey, Mantis and Crane went down to the village to spread the word. Master Viper went to the musicians district in the east. Master Tigress went west to warn the farmers.

I just stood there, at the top of the stairs feeling the sounds and vibrations all the people were making in that moment. A few seconds later I started to make my own way down one slow step at the time. As I went further down the stairs I could feel everyone frantically packing and running, trying to get as far away from Tai Lung's destination as possible.

A deep rumble filled my ears, there is a storm coming from the south; where Tai Lung should be coming from. If that isn't a bad omen, I don't know what is.

By the time I got close to the bottom the Furious Five had regrouped and began helping the villagers to safety. Master Tigress was helping a family of bunnies with their cart, Master Monkey was helping a small pig girl find her parents. Master Crane was using a sunlamp to give everyone a signal to follow.

Once I hit the bottom the village was practically a ghost town. The only ones I could feel were a few stranglers catching up to the main group. I continued to walk through the empty village, the streets and shops that would've been bustling with people were now empty and, quite honestly, it was depressing.

I walked out of the village with the Dragon Scroll in hand, and started to follow the mob of bunnies, geese and pigs who're leaving their homes behind. I really wish I could have done something to help them. I stopped and turned my head back to the place where I learned a style of Kung Fu its creator couldn't fully master. I walked in as a regular blind wolf and walked out as a hard/soft stylist. And yet for all that work, nothing good was going to happen. Everyone still lost their home and livelihood, Tai Lung would still come for the scroll I had in my hand, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. 

Man, sometimes life just sucks.

I threw the scroll in the air. At this point somehow I knew that all the odds were against me because not two seconds after the scroll fell in my head thanks to gravity. 

-Of course- Was all I said to myself when everything went black.

At least for a moment.

I started to dream. 

No, not a dream.

A memory.

Twelve years ago. No one's P.O.V.

In a small village amidst snowy hills, a young wolf was helping a middle age snow leopard lady in her kitchen, where the wolf had been staying since he had become the adoptive son of her and her husband.

-Aleksei, could you get the lychee nuts from the pantry, son?- The snow leopardess asked the young canine. Through a tragic twist of fate, she was unable to have children of her own so when they found Aleksei they adopted him without a second thought. Little Aleksei had been their son six years and after learning more about them and what they work for, he got an interest on both his adoptive mother and father works.

-Yes, mom- Aleksei got up from chopping vegetables at the table and went to the pantry and returned with an armful of lychee nuts. Just then Makari, the master engineer came in and said.

-What smells so good!?- He walked over to gave his wife a kiss on the cheek and tried to swipe a piece of lychee nut which earned him a smack on wrist.

-Now now, dear. You have to wait for it to be finished. You wouldn't let anyone use one of your inventions or projects before you were done with the precautions would you?- She asked. Her husband sighed in defeat and said, -I guess not- and then turned his attention to Aleksei who continued chopping the last vegetables.

-Aleksey, I gotta say I am impressed not only of with how fast you've learned but how you managed to continue even without vision. You're only thirteen and you've got the skills someone my age- The old snow leopard had began teaching Aleksei the same day he asked to learn, and even after the incident that left him blind he learned how to do all the things that would require sight, but he only needed to hear and touch.

-You mean you're only nineteen?- Aleksei said with a small grin. Makari exploded out laughing with his wife. Aleksei liked that. making people smile always made his day. And the family he has were no different.

-Ha ha! Always the funny one! Good one son! Good one!- The old snow leopard said between laughs. Aleksei brought over the chopped up vegetables to Darya who was giggling uncontrollably.

-Oh my, thank you son- She said taking the cutting board from the young wolf and adding them to the rice.

-Alright guys, dig in!- She brought over her stir fried rice and veggies and handed out servings to his husband and her son. They all enjoyed of dinner they had all become accustomed to. One full of laughter, fun and the asking of the second and third helpings, which Darya was more than happy to provide.

-Well now honey, what's for dessert?- Makari asked, rubbing his hands in eager anticipation. Aleksei was wondering the same thing while trying to keep himself from drooling, Darya's desserts were always the best.

-Well, I thought I'd tried a new recipe. So I made lychee nut strawberry surprise!- She said getting the dish of pudding and lychee nuts, but not a single strawberry. It brought a look of confusion to Aleksei's face, something that didn't go unnoticed by Darya. 

-Is something wrong son?- She asked.

-Well there aren't any strawberries in your lychee nut strawberry surprise- She smiled at him and said.

-I know, that's the surprise!- That only confuse Aleksei even more, then Darya explained as she handed out servings of the dessert.

-You see Aleksei, sometimes to make something special you don't really need anything special. You just have to believe it is-

-Seconds please!- Makari asked holding up his bowl. Both his wife and son were shocked to see how fast he inhaled his first bowl. So, she gave Aleksei his bowl, and filled up her husband's bowl again, and prepared one for herself.

When Aleksei took his first bite he realized how good believing in something can taste.

Present time Aleksei P.O.V.

I woke up and felt my head, there was a small bump but it was going to heal. I sat up and started thinking about the dream I had and what my mother once told me. Realization suddenly hit me like one of Master Tigress flying kicks.

I pulled out the Dragon Scroll and opened it. Even if I could not see it with my own eyes but I knew I was in front of a reflection, and suddenly I knew that for me to be the Dragon Warrior, I needed to believe I was the Dragon Warrior! 

This is where my path had lead me. This is what I've travelled so much for. This is why I completed Master Jakayla's unfinished style.

This is why I was chosen. 

Because I am the Dragon Warrior!

And now I will prove it.

I turned around and ran back to the Jade Palace. I knew I was ready for this. I didn't understand how or why I was ready. All I knew is that I was ready. I got to the stairs and calculating the size of the steps I started jumping as high and far as I could, which was enough to make forty eight steps in one leap. 

I already Knew Tai lung was up there.

And honestly I couldn't wait.

The heat of the sun indicated that was starting to rise when I got to the top. гавно, How long was I out? I got to the front gates and they were destroyed. With my senses I detect a big muscular snow leopard telling by his smell and weight that had one paw around my master's neck in a death grip, ready to deliver the final blow. 

-TAI LUNG!- I shouted.

He turned quickly and I could feel he was looking right at me.

-Who are you?- He asked.

-My name is Aleksei, and I am the Dragon Warrior. Now put the old fool down!- I said with a bone chilling tone and telling by his heart rate I scared him, but he hid it.

Not from me.

-You?- He asked, and telling by the sound and vibration that I could feel in the floor, throwing Shifu to the floor.

-You're the Dragon Warrior who used his own body to protect a little girl?- 

-Prove it- He said challengingly.

Instead of speaking, I pulled out the Dragon Scroll and held it up so he could see.

His heart beat suddenly increased as did his blood pressure meaning he was angry.

-Give me that, It's mine!- He roared 

-The scroll does not have your name on it, even A blind man as I would notice-

-But if you want it so bad...- I changed the scroll to my left hand and then I throw the object with all my strength to an unknown location, but telling by the sound it was made when it touched the ground I could tell is a nearby forest not to close from where I am standing.

-Go get it- I challenged

A loud snarl was all that came from him as we both charged at each other. 

This ends now.

A/N: If you like it you know what to do. Anyway thanks guys see y'all next time.     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685 27 19
Ash has never seen his parents after the Great Fire. Left and forgotten in the embers, he was reluctantly adopted in a rival pack. But when him and S...
6.6K 154 15
Hey dudes I haven't written one of these before so don't judge Yadda, yadda, Tris is a wolf and a little badass This is another divergent high school...
290 9 11
A young wolf has been living without his uncle, but never knew why his uncle was absent from his life, and his parents weren't very keen on telling...
991 38 7
No one has seen his face, but everyone has heard about him. Everyone feels him name because whenever his name is called, the Result is absolutely and...