Chapter 4: Indomitable will

Aleksei P.O.V

I always liked the day. Actually, I've always preferred the day to the night. Even if I am a wolf and wolves are supposed to be nocturnal, and even without sight, I could still enjoy a bright and sunny day with my family whenever there is one. Taking walks at day for me was the perfect way to unwind. Laying calmly on the grass while I could feel everything surrounding me. It's just relaxing, and it helps me think. My problems would never follow me into the day.

Except right now, because it was almost midnight and I still had questions.

Usually, my problems would consist of what I'm gonna eat tomorrow, how am I gonna be able to pay for it and what kind of work I have to do to earn the money. However this thoughts would come to me the previous moment before falling asleep. But not this time. This time questions keep peeling up on me. Why Oogway choose me as Dragon Warrior? Am I able to fulfil that role? Am I strong enough for this? And above those questions...

What the hell do I do now?

All this questions, and still no answers. Typical. I kept thinking, trying to find the answers, as I was walking down a set of stairs. A cool summer breeze swept by, caressing my fur, normally it would have brought a smile to my face. Tonight I barely acknowledged. 

I could not come up with anything, no answers or solutions. The only thing that popped into my head was that Master Tigress said to me. 

-You don't belong here-

Maybe she's right, maybe I don't belong here. But then that leave the biggest question of all.

Where do I belong?

I hit the bottom of the steps and kept walking down a stone pathway, when to my left I could feel a tree. Not a big tree, but big enough for someone blind like me would know it was there. And not only that, but it was also a peach tree.

I sat down, leaning against the peach tree trying to clear my head... not working. I heaved a sigh, all this thinking is starting to give me a headache.

I take off the blindfold when I felt a presence.

-You know it's really hard to surprise me- I said to the person behind me who I could sense it was Grand Master Oogway, the old tortoise who named me the Dragon Warrior.

-I see you found the Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom- The tree has a name?

Huh, who knew?

I kept my head at an angle so that my eyes were hidden from view. The old Master approached me.

-What could have caused something like this?- He asked me with no mockery, none of the fear I would have expected should anyone see my eyes. I guess he deserves an answer.

-I had an accident when I was a child- I gave him my most honest answer. 

-The accident not only left me blind, but also left my eyes in this state-

-You must have a lot of problems to come here- He said, which I answered.

-It's that obvious eh?- I said to the tortoise who now stood beside me. With him having already seen it, I didn't bother to hide my eyes.

-Well, those who have questions are often drawn here to the find answers, whether they are aware of it or not- Maybe this could help me find the answers I'm looking for.

-Do people usually find the answers they're looking for here?- I asked. I heard him chuckle, turn around and slowly walked away. And said.

-Well that depends on you, and if you're willing to look hard for the answers you seek. Stay awhile and you might find them. But personally; I think you'll fit in quite well around here-