Chapter 7: The secret is...

Tigress P.O.V.

I took a deep breath once Master Shifu undid the effects of Tai Lung's Chi Disruption Technique, I was finally able to move again. My body was sore from being stiff so long, each movement I made was painful. But not as painful as the damage done to my pride.

I've never been so overpowered.

We all did our best to take him down; pulled out all the stops, but it did no good. Our combined attacks only proved to be a minor inconvenience to someone as skilled and experienced as our master's first, and greatest student. All five of us were beaten within forty-five seconds, a new record to be honest. Viper, Monkey, Mantis and myself were all frozen stiff by the snow leopard nerve attack. Only Crane was not targeted by Tai Lung's crippling attack, he ordered Crane to take us back to the valley. I could only assume as to why until Master Shifu confirmed my suspicions.

A message. 

He sent us back as proof that not even the Furious Five was a match for Tai Lung.

It was sunset by the time Crane got us back to the Jade Palace, he was exhausted from carrying all of us for three days straight, he collapsed as soon as he dropped us in the back training courtyard. The wol-... Aleksei was the first one who came to our side, his voice full of concerned. He never thought we were dead, don't know how. He just knew.

I sat in the same place where Crane dropped me, disappointed and ashamed of myself. Once again my pride clouded my judgement, I put my friends in danger because I wanted to prove Master Oogway wrong, I wanted to show everyone that I was the dragon the Dragon Warrior...

...

...

...To make my master proud of me as his student and his daughter.

But I failed, and all my friends were hurt because of me.

I wanted to just sit there, I just wanted to hug my legs to my chest and hide like I did when I was a little girl back in the orphanage.

I saw a shadow cast over me in the day's dying light, I looked up and saw Aleksei standing over me. he held his hand out, waiting for me to take it. He didn't have his blindfold covering his eyes, but I couldn't see his eyes, and he didn't gave me a disappointed look as I expected, the only thing in his face was a small smile. Most people would call it a look of pity, but I didn't see any pity. with his white eyes and the soft smile, it let me know...

Everything was going to be alright... 

Somehow.

I just couldn't see it.

I took his hand and got up with his help. And honestly he seemed a little different from when I left with the rest of the Five. His fur was dirty, his pants were torn and worn. The blindfold he used to cover his eyes was gone, and I could see his eyes, it took me by surprise that they were white. Completely, no sclerotic or iris. If he's blind he never showed it, which is weird, I've seen people act like they are blind, but how could he be blind and act like he's not.

What kind of training did Master Shifu put him through?

If the training he did made him capable of doing that then it worked.

-I guess now it's my turn- I heard Aleksei say. He didn't looked nervous. He looked composed, but not nervous. The rest of the Five made to their feet, and they already looked like they were about to collapse. Monkey and Crane were stumbling to were Shifu, Aleksei and myself were. Mantis was limping on three legs, and Viper was just slowly inching her way over. If Tai Lung were to fight us again, we wouldn't stand a chance.