The Girl Who Believed

By nicole_3105

The shy Gryffindor catches the eye of the school's biggest player. Again. "I'm not playing at anything this t... More

The Train Ride
Hogsmead
Did he just ask me out?
First Kiss
Crushed
Cast
Sixth year
First day
What Exactly Is He Thinking?
Potter's Face
Unnerving
Herbology
Sirius' POV
The Letter
Date With Theo
I Don't Know
Tutoring
Forgiveness
Making Up
The Picnic
Decisions
The Gift
Fights
Common Room
Confused
Remus Jealous
Pranks
Late night talks
The Game
Blondie
He's being an idiot
I'm screwed
His Undying Love
Stargazing
Yes
Music To My Ears
Matchmakers
Dates to the Ball
Ambushed

Theo Asked Me Out

2.6K 33 3
By nicole_3105

Athena's POV

The week has passed by in a blur and it's Friday already. I overslept so I wasn't able to have breakfast and had to rush to class. For a Friday, it was a really busy day. We even almost missed lunch. Needless to say, the girls and I were unable to rest until all classes were over.

The things we would've called weird, unusual, and annoying became the norm now. For example, Potter and Black annoying us, trying to talk to us during and in between classes, surrounding us as we eat in The Great Hall, and last but not least, Black glaring at any boy who talks to me. Whether it's Martin in Transfiguration, Theo in Herbology and DADA, or some random boy who needed help with something. He's acting as if he's my boyfriend and it's really annoying. 

As for my secret admirer, he's been sending me letters every morning and every night. I always look forward to them, unfortunately though, I missed breakfast today so either he didn't send one or he sent it and it didn't find me. Hopefully, he will send one tonight.

I was at the Black Lake waiting for the girls. They went to the kitchen to get some snacks and I came here to set the blanket and wait. It was one of those beautiful days where the sun is not too shiny as to blind you but it's still there. The soft breeze messing up my hair gave me a sense of peace instead of annoying me, since no one is there to see my messy hair. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment of peace.

"You look so at peace, that I feel bad interrupting," a voice said from behind me.

I sat up quickly and looked to my left to see Theo standing there leaning against a tree. Great, he just had to see my hair like that.

"Theo, hi," I said and tried to fix my hair, "What are you doing here?"

"I was walking around to clear my head," he said and ran his fingers through his hair. "May I join you?" he asked.

"Sure, but won't that interrupt your clearing-your-head time?" I asked playfully.

"I don't mind if it's interrupted by you," he said and I blushed. "So, what are you doing here?"

"I'm waiting for the girls. They went to the kitchen to get snacks so we can have a small picnic, since I missed breakfast and we barely had lunch." I told him.

"Yeah, I noticed you weren't at any of the meals and I wondered where you were." 

I smiled at that. He noticed.

"Well, I overslept so I didn't have time for breakfast. At lunch, we had to go to the library and thought it will be quick, but Lily took her time." I said with a small chuckle at the end.

"Want my advice for cases like these?" he asked. I nodded.

"Always have snacks in your bag. You never know when you will need them. You could've eaten something in the corridors in between classes. It's not good to not have breakfast and miss lunch," he said.

"I'll put that in mind," I said. Then there was a bit of silence.

"So, what are you doing tomorrow?" he suddenly asked.

"It's the first Hogsmead trip this year, so the girls and I were planing to visit some shops and hang out at The Three Broomsticks. What about you?" I asked.

"Actually, I was hoping to ask you to go with me..." Theo said. Was he asking me out? Oh my god! He's asking me out! It seems I was taking too long to answer because he got nervous and started scratching the back of his neck. "It's totally fine if you don't want to. No pressure. I mean -"

"Sure," I cut him off.

"What?" 

"I said, sure. I would love to go with you," I said with a smile.

"Great!" he yelled, "I mean, great, this will b-"

"We're here! Sorry we're lat- oh, Theo, hi," said Lily. She arrived panting and holding some snacks and the girls were running after her holding more snacks.

"Hi, Lily. I'll be going now, so you girls can have your girl time," Theo said as he stood up. "I'll come pick you up at around 12 from the Gryffindor tower. Is that alright?"

"That's perfect," I said, "See you then."

"See you," he waved and left.

By now, I was surrounded by the girls. The all stood with their mouths hanging open, looking at me.

"What? What are you looking at? Sit down," I said with a chuckle, knowing fully well what they're thinking.

"What was that?" Lily asked.

"That was Theo," I answered coolly, wanting to mess with her a bit.

"Don't be cheeky with me, Athena!" She almost shrieked. "What were you talking about? Why is he picking you up from the tower tomorrow?

"He's picking her up from the tower? Why?" Caroline asked.

"He kind of... asked me out to Hogsmead tomorrow.." I said.

"He WHAT?" all the girls said in unision and I started laughing at that.

"Finally! The dude took his time," Angie said.

"It's the first trip this year, I wanted to spend it with you, though," I said.

"Oh shush, Theo finally asked you on a date. We can hang out later and you can tell us the details," Lily said.

"What about your secret admirer?" Asked Caroline.

I paused. I haven't thought of that.

"I don't really know. I mean, I don't know him and he hasn't shown any sign that he would be revealing himself anytime soon. I don't want to lose my chance with Theo for someone I don't know," I said.

"You're right. No matter how sweet that admirer is, we don't know him and we don't know if he's planing to reveal himself," Lily said.

"Which reminds me, I found this on your pillow when I went to the dormitory to put my bag," Caroline said handing me an envelope with a smile.

"Is it from him?" Asked Lily.

"Probably. Let me open it."

I don't know what I like about you
But you're on my mind, day and night
Maybe it's the way you look
So sexy I can't get enough
Or how you make me feel when you come around
I instantly forget all other stuff
Maybe it's the way you say my name
Or maybe it's the way you smile
Then again it might just be everything

Just like every time, I smiled and blushed. Lily grabbed the letter and read it out loud, making me blush even harder as the girls awed.

"This is so sweet and lovely..." awed Caroline.

"I know, I really wish this person can just come up to me or at least give hints," I said.

"Maybe he will, maybe if he finds out you're going on a date with Theo then he will man up and do something about it," Lily said.

"Or maybe he will be heartbroken and give up," Caroline said.

"Okay, whatever, let's focus on Athena's date tomorrow. What are you planing to wear?" Angie asked.

"I'm not sure. I was thinking cute dress, yet casual. I don't want it to look like I tried super hard but at the same time, I want to show that I put in some effort for him," I said, mentally going through the cloths in my trunk.

"How about a your jeans shorts and that white button up?" Asked Lily.

"I think it will be cute. I will have to try that out first. Do you think I should put my hair down or do something with it?" I asked.

"Leave it down," suggested Caroline.

We kept talking for a while until it was almost dark and we had to head back for dinner.

"Do you think Black will try to sabotage your date?" Asked Caroline, "I mean Potter ruins Lily's dates regularly."

"First, Potter fancies Lily. Second, he won't be able to because he won't know about it," I said, "Don't mention it in front of the boys. And if he finds out tomorrow, it will be too late for any shenanigans."

"Let's hope you're right," said Lily.

With that, we entered the Great Hall.

As soon as we started eating, the Marauders surrounded us. 

"Hey, kitten, barely saw you today," said Black from beside me. Kitten? I raised an eyebrow at that.

"First, don't call me kitten. Second, we have all classes together, therefore, you saw me. Third, it's none of your business." I said.

"Okay. First, kitten suits you, you look like one. Second, we don't have Divination together and seeing you in class doesn't count. Third, it is." He said with a smirk. 

"It's not," I rolled my eyes.

"It is."

"It's not."

"It is."

"It's not."

"It is."

"Okay, kids, enough bickering," said Remus. I scoffed.

"So, how was you day, Lily?" Potter asked.

"Fine," she said.

"What about you, girls?" asked Remus, mostly looking at Caroline.

"It was great," she replied.

"That's good to hear. How's DADA going so far? We have a pretty long assignment to write for Monday," he said.

"Oh merlin! I didn't even start!" she face-palmed and Angie snickered beside her.

"Sorry, Carebear, I'm busy with Potions. I need to practice the luck potion, so I can't really help you," I said with a very small smirk.

"But you're doing pretty good in Potions. Why do yo- ouch" Black started, but I shut him up by stepping on his foot. Hard. Then glared at him. "What was that for?" he asked.

I leaned close to him to whisper in his ear, "Shut it, Black," I said.

I then leaned back to how I originally was and smiled sweetly. He had a weird look on his face.

"Are you okay, Black?" asked Angie with a smirk.

"Huh?" he asked snapping out of whatever daze he was in.

"I asked you if you were okay. You suddenly went stiff," said Angie still smirking.

"Um... yeah, I'm fine, I'm good," Black said rubbing his neck and there was a tint of pink on his cheeks. Angie snickered. What is going on?

"Anyway, as I was saying, I can't help you with the assignment, Care. Sorry," I said focusing back on my matchmaking.

"I gave my notes to Alice. I don't know when she will return them," Lily said, catching up.

"I have an idea," I said excitedly, "Remus, can you help her? If you want to of course."

"No problem. Just tell me when would you like to start," said Remus as he turned to Caroline. She blushed like an idiot, but thankfully managed to reply.

"Um... H-how about tomorrow after the Hogsmead trip?" she said.

"Perfect," he smiled.

Lily, Angie, and I looked at each other and smirked. We successfully managed to get those two to spend time together. Studying. Better than nothing though.

Later that night, when I headed to my bed there was another note and a daisy on my pillow.

You have no idea how much I like you
How much you make me smile
How much  I love talking to you
How much I wish  you were mine

I smiled at the note and sighed.

"Another note?" asked Lily.

"Yeah, there is a daisy, too," I said, "How did this person know my favorite flower?"

"Maybe he guessed it," she said.

"But daisies aren't the typical favorite flowers. And if the person wanted to be romantic and send a flower without knowing which one is my favorite, he would've sent a rose, it's the safest choice," I said.

"I'm starting to think that this person is closer to us than we thought," said Lily.

"I think so, too," I said with a yawn. I put the note and the daisy in the drawer along with the other notes and letters and went to sleep thinking of my admirer instead of my date with Theo.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111 3 5
"if i'd known you'd leave forever, i never would've helped you disappear." in which the marauders think their sixth year will begin and end normally...
2.3K 294 21
𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥. 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞...
126K 2.2K 34
𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 - a lover of rain; finding joy and peace when it rains In which four boys who call themselves the Marauders, prank the wrong p...
4.4K 160 18
A year after the enticing Dean sisters transferred to Hogwarts, one catches the eye of a troubled Gryffindor. Making it all but impossible to ignore...