Pinky Swear

By author_sky_angel

"So you're saying, that if I kissed you right now, you wouldn't feel anything?" He asked, taking steps closer... More

Chapter 1: Broken Promise
Chapter 2: Back Home
Chapter 3: New Girl
Chapter 4: Surprise!
Chapter 5: Dinner At The Adams
Chapter 6: Best Friends
Chapter 7: No One Like You
Chapter 8: Let's Party
Chapter 9: Hung-over
Chapter 10: You Might End Up Drunk
Chapter 11: A Drunken Fight
Chapter 12: Green Eyes
Chapter 13: I Miss You
Chapter 14: Depressed Alex
Chapter 16: Double Date!(or Trouble)
Chapter 17: One Kiss Is All It Takes
Chapter 18: Ditch Day
Chapter 19: Failed Disguise
Chapter 20: Classroom Secret
Chapter 21: Being Popular
Chapter 22: They Tweet Your Whereabouts
Chapter 23: Crazy Move
Chapter 24: Melting Sundae
Chapter 25: Confused And In Love
Chapter 26: An Unusual Breakup
Chapter 27: Jealous Sam
Chapter 28: Jenny is a Bitch
Chapter 29: Confessions
Chapter 30:A Clichè Proposal
Chapter 31: Crazy Ex
Chapter 32: The Jealousy Game
Chapter 33: Stay Away From My Boyfriend!
Chapter 34: Brownies
Chapter 35: Shattered
Chapter 36: Afar
Chapter 37: Addiction
Chapter 38: Girl Time
Chapter 39: A Picnic To Remember
Chapter 40: A Happy Ending

Chapter 15: New Look

67K 2.4K 1.3K
By author_sky_angel

I felt extremely nervous entering through the double doors of the school dressed as I was.

I had stared at my reflection in the mirror this morning and hadn't even recognized myself. I hadn't used to put so much effort into dressing up to school. I just go for casual clothing, which I usually feel comfortable in. But today, I had tried something different.

I exhaled out, trying to gain some much-needed confidence. The sweater was okay, but the skirt was just too short. It wasn't that it showed too much, only made me look...different. I had also taken Alex's advice and put on some makeup, which I usually don't bother to use. I used to only make use of colorless lip gloss, no more.

But today, I had put on a little bit of foundation, mascara, which made my eyes pop and some cherry lipstick. I drew my eyebrows too.
I was good with makeup and all, mum taught me, but I just didn't like doing it for myself.

I strutted down the hallway, ignoring the flirty looks of some boys and jealous glares from some girls. I tried searching for Alex, but I could not find her anywhere, maybe she wasn't at school yet. It was a bit late when she left my house this morning. I did find Jane, however, at her locker, but she didn't quickly notice me.

"Hi, Jane." I stood beside her and watched her rummage through her locker.

"Hi..." She briefly glanced at me before stretching the word and stared at me, dumbstruck.

"Too much?" I asked as she proceeded to eye me with her jaw ajar.

"Sorry, I'm just not used to seeing you dressed like this." She shook her head and continued to do or look for whatever she was in her locker. "You look really different, any reason why?" She winked at me, making my cheeks tinge pink.

"No, just decided to look different today," I answered her, she finally found what she was looking for and closed her locker shut.

"Well, it's good, you should do this more often. Anyway, have you seen Alex?" We proceeded down the hallway together to our classes, but we had different ones, though.

"No. Maybe she's just running a bit late." I replied, remembering what had happened last night. I hoped she was okay, although she did look fine this morning it could all be an act.

"Okay, see you in the third period." She said and then shuffled away to her class, we had the third period together.

I was close to my class when I saw Ryan with his football buddies as they joked and laughed down the hallway, my heart skipping a beat when I saw him.

He was dressed in dark pants and a white shirt under his football jacket with his midnight black hair styled in a faux hawk giving him that bad boy vibe. He really stood out among his friends as he was the tallest and maybe the most handsome.

He noticed me then, and I watched his eyes roam down my body, but he didn't even look one bit surprised by my choice of dressing. His lips only curved up a little before he was distracted by Jenny leaning on him and kissing him on the cheek. I stood stunned for a while, I thought they had broken up already.

He didn't push her away but instead held her and smiled at her, while I continued to stand there staring like a dummy. He didn't even acknowledge me again as he was busy fawning over Jenny.
I swallowed my pride and went to my class, feeling like an idiot. Why did I even decide to dress like this? What was I thinking?

Yeah, we talked yesterday and shared memories, but did I think we were just friends now. He probably thought of me as a pesky childhood friend he had to be polite with.
The thought of him and Jenny now back together really irked me, and I just wanted to break something.

I sat at the middle row alone, not wanting to talk to anyone as I was really pissed. Why did he act like he hadn't really known me? He could have said 'hey' or waved, but he did nothing and just smiled, which I'm thinking he forced himself to do.

I was still trying to reign in my anger when I heard someone come in through the classroom door and slammed it shut. I glanced up and found Ryan, but immediately looked back down, not wanting to have eye contact with him or even talk to him. He was really pissing me off.

I heard him pass by me without even saying anything. Fine, he was going to just act like I didn't exist. What a jerk!

"You look pretty, by the way." I heard a smooth deep voice rasp behind me into my ears, and I could feel the owner's breath tickling my neck.

I twisted my neck to see Ryan sitting behind me, leaning forward a little with a smirk on his face, and I just forgot that I was angry with him and smiled back. He said I look pretty! Jane was right, maybe I should dress like this more often.

"Thanks," I whispered back, as he leaned back into his seat with a smirk still plastered on his face. I looked back front trying to hide the big smile on my face and flaming red cheeks. Just then, our teacher, Mrs. Hart, walked in, ready to teach.

I could feel someone's burning stare at my side, and when I glanced at that area, I saw one of Jenny's friends glaring at me before staring back at the teacher. I think her name was Sharon. What's her problem? I was just thanking my friend for complimenting me. She and Jenny could go to hell.

By the second period, I saw Alex already seated in the class while scrolling through her phone. Her face wasn't showing many emotions, so I wasn't sure if she was better now or just covering it up.

"Hey, are you just coming to school?" I asked, and she noticed me then as I took a seat beside her.

"Yep, didn't make it for the first period." She smiled, and luckily it didn't look forced or anything like that. "Well look at that, you look real fine today, thanks to me, of course." She smirked and flipped her hair dramatically, making me roll my eyes at her.

"You okay though?" I asked while cocking an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah, I am. My parents and I talked, and I managed to convince them to first meet a marriage counselor before taking any further decisions. I hope it works." She sighed tiredly. I wished there was something I could do to help her, but before I could say anything, we got interrupted by Jenny and one of her bitches.

They both walked up to us. Well me, I think because their eyes were fixed on me, and then they both stood towering over me and glaring down at me with their hands-on hip. Jenny, in particular, cocked her head.

"Can I help you?" I asked, sharing a look with Alex before cocking an eyebrow at them, wondering what this was all about. I noticed though that the bitch with Jenny was the one who had been glaring at me when I Ryan had complimented. Sharon, I think.

"Nice sweater, but black and white isn't really your color." Jenny eyed me, and I glanced down at my sweater and skirt, wondering why she said that.

"What do you want, Jen?" Alex rolled her eyes at her, but Jenny totally ignored her and faced me instead. She leaned closer to me before saying,

"I hope you didn't doll yourself up like this just to seduce my boyfriend, because if you think for one second that you have a chance with him, then you're out of your tiny mind..."

"Okay, you should leave before I make you end up visiting the school nurse." Alex stood up and interrupted her, making her back up a little. By now, we had already attracted attention to ourselves from other students in the classroom.

She kept quiet and eyed Alex, but didn't say anything to her and I wondered why she doesn't ever talk back at her. Did Alex have something over her?

"Don't ever talk to him again." She hissed at me then turned to her friend, "Let's go Sasha" Oh, so that's her name. They both walked or rather stomped out of the classroom while Alex waited for them to leave before taking her seat back.

"Why is she always terrorizing me?" I wondered out loud, trying to figure out her problem with me.

"Can't blame her, I would terrorize any girl that my boyfriend can't keep his eyes off," Alex muttered, making me stare at her confused.

"What do you mean?" She couldn't reply as our Chemistry teacher walked in, and everyone took a seat, pretending to pay attention to a word he was saying.

"Hey, beautiful." I was at my locker when I heard a familiar voice say beside me. I rose my head to see Trevor leaning on the locker beside mine with a smirk on his face and hands in pockets. He looked handsome dressed in dark jeans and a grey top peeking out from under a brown leather jacket, his brown hair looking messy like he had been combing his hands through it, and those bright green eyes drowning me in them. Now I remember why I decided to go on a date with him, who could resist those charms.

"Hi." I quickly said after realizing I had been staring too long. His smile widened, probably because he caught me staring.

"Woah, you look amazing!" He complimented me and stared at me with his wide eyes roaming my body and making me blush.

"Thanks," I muttered as I closed my locker shut.

"You didn't send me your address, and also didn't let me call you, is everything alright?" His smile disappeared as he furrowed his eyebrows, probably thinking I wasn't interested anymore.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot. I'm so sorry, I was so busy helping my mum out and when we were done it was already late so...I didn't want to disturb you." I quickly lied, not wanting him to know the truth, which was I just didn't want to talk to him yesterday as I had been busy with Ryan...

"Oh, I see. So we still on, on Wednesday?" He asked as we walked side-by-side down the hallway, we were already running late for class.

"Yeah, definitely," I replied, and his smile returned.

"Great, I'll see you later, Samantha." He walked off to his class. Well, I better start thinking about what I was going to wear on Wednesday.

"What's up with you and Trevor?" I was about to walk into the classroom when I heard a familiar someone ask behind me. I glanced back with a cocked eyebrow at Ryan, wondering why he was asking this.

"None of your business." I didn't ask him what was up between him and Jenny now, did I?

He scowled before walking past me to the back of the class, leaving me standing alone like he hadn't just talked to me.

Why was he angry at me? There's nothing wrong with what I said now is there?

Ugh...he's just so confusing.

*****************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 223 45
Note to self. If I make any more friends, in particular best friends do not kiss their sisters. Terms and Conditions include full, step and especia...
1.6K 364 47
~ P I N K Y S W E A R ~ *********** "I'll come back one day, Mars, promise." He says re-assuring me but it doesn't work. "What if you forget me?" I...
148K 3.1K 38
He leans his head back and although she can't see him she can feel his breath on her neck. "I need you to promise me something," he whispers. "Anythi...
7.3K 132 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...