Plutonian

By SoniaJohn

[THIS STORY IS FREE WITH EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT] A fake relationship, a diabolical plan and a threat to the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Lucian POV Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Lucian POV Chapter 48-50 (Part 2)
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Rewritten Love Scene
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Lucian's POV Chapter 76
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 69

27.5K 1.7K 428
By SoniaJohn

We land right in the center of what looks like the main city of Taygeta and while the Taygetians all over the planet were running around for their lives, the Taygetians here are more than ready to receive us despite the chaos outside the city.

I bite my lip hard as I remember the hundreds of burning houses and am thoroughly grateful for Lucian taking charge the way he did. If he hadn't the conditions would have been much worse, with many more deaths. 

The moment we crossed the atmosphere Lucian had instructed for the coolant thrusters to be activated. I watched as the Space Splitter spat out numerous white colored ball shaped devices that spread open once they reached the raging fires. 

They were able to put them out immediately the moment they made contact.

Lucian leads us as we exit the ship and the moment we walk down the ramp we are greeted with numerous chants of praise. 

"Oh Great Plutonians, thank you for saving us! Thank you for saving us!" The Taygetians have arranged themselves in rows before us and they have placed dozens of containers containing gifts that look like gold trinkets, colorful jewelry and large mounds of coins in front of them.

They bow down with their hands almost touching the floor once they see Lucian, General Lyra and Luna. I see General Grievous, his wife and Lazarus walk out of our ship, looking rather sheepish as they join Lucian in front. 

"My dear masters, we would have perished in the fires without your help," A Taygetian -who is dressed more elaborately than the others- gets up from his position and addresses the Generals and the Trinity.

The sun is so bright on this planet that I have to squint my eyes to take in his appearance. The Taygetians don't look so different, the only thing that sets them apart is the fact that their foreheads stretch beyond their hairline in the shape of a star. 

Their skin is pale yellow like the walls of the buildings around us and their hair is black but aside from their star shaped heads, their features are more or less the same to ours. Even their heights are comparable to the humans. However, the Plutonians still tower over them by about a head or two.

"The stars were in our favor, Lord Taytheta. We were on the way to visit already," General Grievous answers with a huge smile and I have to force myself not to gag right here in front of everyone. 

If only they knew the truth.

The star headed Lord smiles at General Grievous gratefully and then gestures at the wide array of gifts prepared for them. 

"I've been told that the Plutonian leaders rarely ever travel together unless on extremely special occasions. It is our honor to receive such a pleasant surprise and I have arranged only the best for your stay. We have also prepared a banquet to celebrate your arrival and for saving our planet." 

"It is indeed rare. The Trinity, as ambitious as they are insisted to be a part of this diplomatic visit," General Lyra says and Lord Taytheta takes her hand in his and plants a soft kiss on her wrist. 

She smiles at him politely but I notice she is quick to pull her hand back. 

"We came to discuss the destruction of our bases on both your moons, Lord Taytheta." 

Trust Lucian to get right to the point.

"I know, it is a terrible thing that shocked us all," The Lord puts his hands in the air and sways dramatically and my lips curve into a smile when I see Lucian sneak an exasperated look my way. 

"You must be tired from your journey. Please allow us to proceed with our festivities before we get into all that," The Lord's frivolous voice makes Lucian scowl and I see him open his mouth to argue but the Generals are quick to agree. 

They follow Lord Taytheta down the sunny corridor into a large white building that looks exactly like a palace in one of those cartoons I used to watch growing up. The rest of the soldiers follow suit and I step off the ramp as well. 

The moment I do this, I feel the sun beat down on my my skin. Not artificial sunlight, real sunlight burning down on my head and arms. I feel the heat permeate right through my suit, making me stop in my tracks. 

I look up at the bright sky through squinted eyes, a delirious smile on my face as I soak in the warmth I haven't felt in years. 

I want to stand here under the sun for as long as I can but then I hear Remulus's voice. 

"Umm Aria, can you save the sun bathing for later?"

My smile widens and I turn away from the sun to look at him. His silver specks of hair glow like shimmering gold under the glaring sunlight. The contrast between his black and silver hair is so striking that he looks even more exotic than usual. 

"Girl, stop checking me out. We're the only ones left out here," He smirks at me and I frown.

"I wasn't," I grumble as I walk by his side into the palace. 

"If you say so," He chimes in a sing song voice, making me want to hit him. 

We walk into the building and I take in the various colorful plants that line the smooth off white walls. There is a large water feature in the middle of the foyer surrounded by very scantily dressed Taygetian females carrying garlands in their hands. They saunter up to each of us and place the garlands over each officer.

One of them smiles at me and places one over my head and I see another Taygetian wink at Remulus when she does the same. She walks away from him, swinging her hips from side to side exaggeratedly and I raise my eyebrows at him.

"I swear no species can resist The Remulus," He puts his hands up in the air, quoting his title and I roll my eyes. 

"I think you have a disease," I say to him and he frowns in confusion. "It's called an inflated ego."

He laughs and pats me on the back just as Lucian joins us. Lucian's eyes narrow on his hand on my back and Remulus quickly retreats, taking a step away from me.

My cheeks heat up under Lucian's gaze and we walk together to the room allocated to us on one of the many floors in this castle. 

I inhale the exotic scent of our room and take in the colorful sheets that adorn our large bed. Colorful pieces of cloth surround the walls and the floors are a warm brown. This place has all the color that Pluto lacks. 

"Everything is so beautiful. So alive," I murmur as I touch the soft material of a deep pink tapestry piece hanging by the wall. "Is this the main capital of Taygeta? Like the North City on Pluto?"

"Yes, but there are smaller capitals all over Taygeta. The atmosphere here is habitable unlike the one on Pluto so there are Taygetians living all over the planet. Or there were at least before the fires," Lucian answers grimly. 

I lean against the wall and stare at him fondly. His whole head is glowing under the light from the window, giving him an ethereal glow, like a crown. 

"Stop looking at me like that," He warns as he walks over to me. He stops about a hair's breadth away with our chests touching. 

"Like what?" I ask, looking up at him. I bring my hand to his hair and stroke the smooth silver that gleams white right now. Lucian closes his eyes and leans into my touch, resting his head against my palm. 

He then opens them to look at me and the brilliant blue in them sends a bolt of excitement down my spine. 

"Like you're hungry," He pauses for a second and the intensity in his gaze burns me more than the sun did outside. "For me."

I gulp softly and he turns his head slightly to kiss my palm, not losing eye contact.

"You were amazing up there," I admit in a small voice. I will never forget the way he told Lazarus and General Grievous off before we landed. 

Lucian laughs softly. "I'm most definitely going to get reprimanded once we get back. But honestly it was worth it."

"You're going to get into trouble?" My eyes widen in concern and Lucian smiles teasingly.

"Yes, which is why I think I deserve something from you in return." He turns his head to the side and points at his cheek, gesturing for a kiss. 

I stifle a laugh and pull his face towards me again and then I plant a firm kiss on his lips. Lucian hums in satisfaction and kisses me back eagerly. He wraps his arms around me and I do the same.

A knock on the door causes us to stop and then Lucian releases me and walks to the door. He nods his head at whoever it is outside and then shuts the door. 

"Banquet tonight," He frowns at me and walks over to the bed to sit down. "They will be here to escort me later. Don't you find it ridiculous how we are celebrating our arrival with a grand feast while some of the citizens outside are tending to the wounded and preparing homes for the now homeless?"

I walk over to him and take a seat next to him on the bed. My hands dip into the warm material and I lean back. 

"It honestly sucks," I reply morosely. I'm so used to being annoyed with the Plutonians that I'm beginning to become immune to it.

"But I'm glad you were able to save most of them by acting quickly," I tell him and he just looks at me plainly.

"We don't know the real damage outside," Lucian says in a wary tone and I pull him down with me, making us fall against the soft sheets.

"Lucian, you did your best. Trust me I witnessed it all," I say as he wraps his arms around me. 

He sighs and then strokes my hair with his fingers. "I suppose you are right."

After a long pause he speaks again. "Aria, I have a mission for you tonight."

I turn to face him, wondering what he is talking about.

"Remulus will be here to brief you later," He says and then he closes his eyes looking tired. 

We rest for a while and then we freshen up before the banquet. Lucian wears a colorful long top that falls past his knees with a white pair of pants and I put on the local outfit provided to me which consists of a long white skirt, a bright red top and a thin white coat with a hoodie like piece to cover my head. 

Lucian kisses my cheek and then leaves once the attendant knocks on our door. I sit around waiting for Remulus, wondering what mission we have and when I hear a knock on the door I quickly rush to it. 

"Hey sexy," Remulus winks at me while he poses in his Taygetian outfit which is similar to the one Lucian wore. 

"What's on the agenda for tonight?" I ask him as soon as I shut the door and he snorts. 

"Agenda? Geez you sound like the worst spy ever. There's no agenda, we're just going to explore the markets, maybe check out a few inns."

I scowl at his response. Why did Lucian tell me this was a mission?

We leave the castle and exit the gates that lead to the city. It is apparent that the city here isn't as affected as the parts I saw while we were landing. The markets here are bustling with life, I see Taygetians scattered every where, some buying, others selling. 

My eyes fall on a very tall alien, with light blue skin and pointy ears who is looking at the meat in one of the stalls. 

"That's an Elcian, must be a trader from Elca, a nearby planet," Remulus says while looking in the same direction.

"Hey guys," A Taygetian steps in front of us, startling me and I notice that he is much taller than the rest. The two Taygetians next to him are just as tall, if not taller. 

My eyes focus on the red earring dangling by his ear and I frown in confusion.

"Altair?" 

"The one and only."

I stare at the other two and realize that they are actually Deneb and Sirius disguised as Taygetians. 

"Why are you guys dressed like that?" I ask them and just then a very beautiful Elcian female stops in front of us. 

Remulus leans forward and smacks her butt and the Elcian bares her fists, looking ready to punch his lights out.

"That's sexual harassment, you idiot!"

Pollux?

"Brother, I swear you're the hottest Elcian female I've ever seen," Remulus laughs at a very angry looking Pollux. 

"Whatever. Let's just get to work. The sooner we get it over with, the sooner I get out of this get up," Pollux grumbles and then walks ahead into the market. 

I smile at him and the rest of us follow. 

"Where are we going?" I ask them. 

"We're heading to the only place where we can get juicy gossip on the rebels. The traders inn," Altair says and I stifle a laugh, not used to seeing him with a star shaped head, black hair and dark eyes. 

"I don't need a disguise?" I suddenly wonder about myself worriedly. 

"Please you don't look like a Plutonian patrol officer at all," Deneb replies and then he points at Remulus. "And neither does he."

"Pfft. I'm too handsome to be hidden under a disguise. Who's going to seduce the Taygetian hotties for information if not me?"

Altair, Deneb and Sirius all roll their eyes simultaneously while Pollux just glares at him from a distance. 

"We're actually fishing for information about one of the best Plutonian officers to ever exist in our history who disappeared mysteriously two decades ago after a mission. Everyone presumed him to be dead but PG Lucian doesn't believe so. Commander Rigel was accused of being a sympathizer before he went off the grid. Some say he was killed, others say he escaped and is living out his days at the edge of the universe," Sirius leans in to whisper into my ears and I swallow down my shock.

Does Lucian think this commander has something to do with the rebel forces?

After walking through the busy streets for what feels like an hour, we reach a dimly lit, very broken down looking bar with a chipped signboard out front. 

The trader's inn. 

Heyy, sryy for the slight delay. Hope you enjoyed the light hearted chapter and the next one will be up soon :) :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96 0 31
Set in an alternate future where the government rules over all and those who don't follow the status quo are sent to a prison called the Camp to work...
1.2K 285 81
There is no such thing as a good side and bad side in a war. We are both the good and bad side. It just depends on your perspective. At the end of th...
349 1 14
Savanna Govrive was a normal girl until she found out about the mysterious planet. Apparently there was astronauts going missing from this new planet...
3.3M 23.7K 9
In the future, Earth is attacked by an alien race called the Leviathan. Years after the invasion, Iris is still struggling to survive among her peop...