Finding Purpose

By CheyaraWrites58

Identical twin sisters, Riley and Reia Morgan, couldn't be more different. Riley loves living a freespirited... More

Life Of Riley
Two Sides of the Same Coin
Sing For The Moment
The Missing Piece
Just You And Me
Comfort
Helping Hand
Bewilderment
Insight
Steps To Parenting
Under the Microscope
Scars
Goodbyes
Unwelcome
Company
Memories
The Outside World
To Not Belong
In Safe Arms
Kin
Progress
Friendship
Overstep
Sweet Miscommunication
Home is Where...
Legacy
A New Start
Family Day
One Step Closer
A Little More Faith
A Promise
Bonus Chapter

Epilogue

2.6K 184 62
By CheyaraWrites58

Two Years Later

Excitement was coursing through my veins as I heard the music start up outside, and stopped at the mirror to take in my full appearance. My dark hair was tied up into an intricately styled bun, with soft, wavy strands framing each side of my face. I had subtle make up, and a long, lace accented veil that hung down the back of my grecian wedding gown. I absentmindedly let my fingers trace the single chiffon overlaying shoulder, drifting south over the strapless, satin neckline, and stopping at the waist where the dress flared into flowing fabric. Smiling to myself, I brushed a hand over my stomach, framing my large baby bump.

"Time to go." I whispered, feeling a small kick from inside. "If you refrain from the football moves whilst I get married, I'll have a word with Santa about spoiling you at Christmas."

A rustle behind me announced Wyatt's arrival, and I turned to see him being led in by Katie. She looked stunning in her pastel yellow, one shoulder bridesmaid dress. Her hair was tied back with a pretty, ivory rose clipped in the side.

"Someone was getting a little impatient." She laughed, looking down at Wyatt.

He was snappily dressed in an adorable little tuxedo, a bright grin on his cheeky little face.

"Well, we can't have that now, can we?" I smiled, picking up my bouquet, and reaching down to take his hand.

"You look stunning." Katie said brightly, giving me a brief hug. "I can't believe we're going to be sisters after today."

I laughed at the small squeak of delight that escaped her as she swung into some random dance moves.

"Three brothers, and now finally a sister!"

"Only if we hurry up and get me married." I said playfully.

Snapping to attention, she straightened up and began walking toward the door.

I had to stop myself from gasping in awe as I rounded the corner into the room where I was about to commit my life to the man I loved. The full length windows bathed the interior with glowing natural light which shone over the gathered guests and the polished floor. Beautifully romantic, forest inspired floral decorations stood at the back of the room, mirroring each other perfectly, with twinkling fairy lights twined among the rich, dark wood, and soft, fragrant pastel blooms. The music changed as my moment arrived, and the click of my heels against the hard floor sounded with each step I took. I held onto the small hand of the only member of my family that I had in attendance, the little boy that was about to take on a man's job by giving me away.

Everyone's eyes were on me, audible gasps sounding at once as they watched me begin my journey down the petal strewn aisle. But my eyes were fixed on the handsome man that waited for me under the matching floral, and chiffon draped archway. His dark eyes were filled with love and didn't waver from me for even a second as I drew nearer, coming to a stop in front of him and beaming with joy.

"Thanks little man, I can take it from here." Justin grinned at Wyatt.

"Okay Daddy." Wyatt replied, letting go of my hand just in time for Wendy to step up and lead him to her seat in the front row.

I watched as she sat down beside Justin's brothers and lifted him onto her lap, turning their attention to us as our officiant stepped forward.

Throughout the ceremony, I couldn't believe that I was finally marrying the man of my dreams, the amazing father of my unborn child, and our sweet little boy. When it came to exchanging our vows, my heart fluttered as I listened to his loving words, touched that he was still able to make me swoon so easily. His hands squeezed mine as he told me he loved me, and I was given the nod to say my own next.

"Justin, you came into my life at the worst point of it, but that's a credit to you, because through the journey I had to go on, you stayed by my side. You helped me when I didn't know which way was up, or what way to turn. You pieced me back together and waited patiently for my brain to catch up to my heart. Something which I didn't think was possible, as they disagree a lot." There was a rumble of light laughter and Justin nodded teasingly as I fought to keep any tears from dripping out of my lashes. "I am eternally grateful for that though, because I can't imagine my life without you. You're brave and kind and care more for others than anyone else I know. You're a fantastic father and I know that you'll be just as good a husband. I love you so much, and can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together."

With the exchange of rings, the officiant pronounced us husband and wife. Justin's lips met mine in a magical, passionate kiss, whilst the guests erupted with cheers and clapped for us as we began our path back up the aisle hand in hand.

***********************************

Our honeymoon had been switched to a pre-wedding babymoon, at least until the time came where we could take a proper one. So we spent the following two weeks waiting for the arrival of our baby. Wyatt was excited to have a little sibling to play with, even though we'd had to point out that the baby wasn't going to be able to play with his trucks with him for quite some time.

It was a definite surprise on the evening before my birthday, when my waters broke as we cleared away after dinner and Justin had to rush us to the hospital. After seven and a half hours of labour, our daughter made her appearance in the world, clocking in at just a few minutes past midnight, synching her birthday with mine. She was a week early, and as I looked down at her, tucked tightly in my arms, I knew that it wasn't a coincidence. This was the way that it was meant to be.

"She's beautiful, just like you." Justin said fondly, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and smiling down at our daughter.

Her small eyes sparkled up at me, just as green as my own, under a thin layer of jet black hair. It was an unbelievable feeling to be holding her after all these months, and I already loved her with all my heart.

"Always the smooth talker." I said playfully, nudging him slightly.

"Can't help it, it seems you have special powers over me. Ones that I'm sure our daughter has inherited already."

I laughed as I stroked my thumb over the tiny fist that was wrapped around my finger, swaying slightly to soothe her.

"Oh definitely. Me and my sister were a force to be reckoned with. Looks like double trouble is back again." I teased.

He rolled his eyes with a groan, then smiled.

"I can handle that."

The door to the room opened, and Justin's mother entered with Wyatt.

"Congratulations my darlings." She said warmly, hugging her son and crossing to the bed, giving me a one armed hug and stroking the baby's head.

Justin lifted Wyatt up onto the bed, sitting him beside me, watching as his little face lit up at the sight of his baby sister.

"Thanks mom. Looks like you're a grandmother again."

She swatted him playfully and fixed a watery smile on her face, looking adoringly at her newest grandchild.

"What's her name?" She asked.

"Elyse." I answered, jostling her in my arms and showing her to Wyatt properly.

He reached out and touched her, his small hand stroking over her head as my eyes found my husband's.

"Elyse Reia Park." I announced.

He nodded, kissing my forehead affectionately. I was exhausted as I sat there, surrounded by my perfect little family. But even through the veil of tiredness, I was indescribably happy. As I mentally looked back over the last couple of years, I saw the journey that I'd taken. From self obsessed, irresponsible drifter, to happily married, employed mom of two. I would never get back the huge piece that was missing from my life, I understood that. My twin would never get to hold her baby niece, and I'd never share parenthood with her. But here and now, I knew that she was watching as always, I could feel her with me, and I knew that she would be the guardian angel that protected us. I finally understood that no matter how great the distance between us was, family could never be broken apart, and even with the loss I'd endured, I'd found something incredible, and finally had a purpose in life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 60.5K 47
Riley's two older brothers do everything they can to protect her from their violent step-father. But what happens when they realise she wasn't as pro...
20.3K 1K 39
Riley Matthews has gone through a lot. From her mother passing away, to her father being an asshole, from her own emotional issues, and to even her b...
1.7M 35.7K 34
After a tragic accident that completely changes her life, Annie and her twin brother, Austin, are taken in by the Emersons, a family of seven (drop-d...
Half a Twin By Quinn

Mystery / Thriller

6.1K 508 23
"I remember the day, the smile, the blood, the death, I remember the sorrow, the tears, the pain, the lies. But mostly I remember her, the way she lo...