This Could End

By kissmyredlips

The S #4 Kaia Persephone Ziegler is an actress, not just by profession but also in real life. After all, she... More

Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter Nineteen

24.2K 1.1K 235
By kissmyredlips

I woke up to the slow and steady breathing of Hades. My cheek was flat across his warm and bare chest. His arm was fastened around me like a belt. He wasn't the only one who was clinging. My arm was wrapped around his stomach, too.

We really did it. I did it with him. I gave him myself and I don't have an ounce of regret. I loved everything that happened last night.

This was also the first time that I woke up and felt... light. It felt like a warm blanket was wrapped over me and it had nothing to do with Hades' arm around me.

I tilted my head to check on Hades. He was still in a deep sleep. He looked like a sleeping prince. I smiled at that thought.

I was well aware of my body clock so I could easily guess that it's around six in the morning. My lifestyle trained my body to be up early. I was also aware that Hades wasn't a morning person, so waking him up wasn't an option.

I didn't want to leave him, especially since he was still sleeping but it was a Saturday and I had work.

I carefully untangled his arm away from me before sitting up. Hindi ako agad umalis at pinagbigyan ang sarili na panoorin si Hades. When I was contented, I leaned down to kiss him on the forehead and stood up to get dressed.

I moved stealthily as I got out of the room. It was early so I was confident that I wouldn't be crossing paths with someone. That was until I passed by the kitchen and saw Takumi.

"Oh my God," I squealed and held my chest.

"Seph," Takumi greeted with an amused grin. "Nagtaka ako may narinig akong sumarang pinto. Akala ko may himala na at nagising si Hades nang maaga. Dito ka pala natulog."

"Uh... yeah. Sorry, hindi ako nagpaalam na dito ako matutulog." I stood there awkwardly. I felt slightly embarrassed, too.

This was the first time I slept over at his place and if he didn't know last night, I was sure that Takumi knew that something happened between me and Hades now.

"You have a card to my place and you're worried about that?" Takumi chuckled. "Why are you up early anyway? Aalis ka?"

"I have work. Can you tell Hades as soon as he wakes up?"

"Sure." He nodded.

"Thanks, Takumi." I smiled and bid him goodbye before leaving his unit.

I was sore from last night so I skipped my quick morning workout routine and jumped straight into shower.

I was in the middle of choosing my outfit for the day when my phone rang from the bedroom. Hinayaan ko lang 'yon. I figured it was just Emma checking if I was already awake.

The ringing was nonstop. Nakapili at nakapagbihis na ako pero walang tigil pa rin ang tawag. Emma was never a persistent caller. She knew how much it annoyed me. Unless it was an emergency.

I got out of my walk-in closet and sashayed my way to the side of the bed. I picked up my phone and saw my manager's name on the caller I.D. instead of Emma's.

There was only one reason why Mama Ton would call so early in the morning. Something bad happened.

"Hello?"

"Sa wakas at sumagot ka na rin!" hiyaw agad ang bungad niya. "Ano na namang ginawa mo kagabi? There's a blind item article about you and a mysterious guy who wasn't Gio!"

My heart raised to the roof. "What article?"

"Ano na naman ba ito, Kaia? Kakagaling mo lang sa issue, may bago ka na naman!"

"What article?" I repeated.

"I sent you the link-" I wasn't able to hear the following words because I had to put the phone on speaker. "-kay Gior. Kumakalat na raw sa social media!"

I opened the link to the article. There was a black and white photo with a question mark on it.

ILLICIT AFFAIR: BRIGHT GREEK GODDESS AND HOTTIE UNKNOWN PERSONALITY

I froze as soon as I read the subject. Napaupo ako sa kama at binasa ang sumunod na paragraph.

Spotted si Engaged Greek Goddess sa parking lot ng isang sikat na club na lasing na sumakay sa kanyang sasakyan kasama ang Hottie Unknown Personality na hindi niya fiancé.

According sa aming trusted resources, hindi ito ang unang beses niyang nakita ang dalawa na magkasama.

Is EGG cheating on her fiancé and is involved in an illicit affair? Sino ang hottie unknown personality na kasama niya? At saan sila pumunta nung gabing lasing siya?

We don't know the answers yet but we promise that we'll definitely find out.

Watch your back, EGG. ;)

"Hindi mo man lang ako sinabihan na nag-night out ka kagabi! Totoo ba 'tong nakasulat sa article? Sino ang lalaking kasama mo?"

It was alarming. Whoever the source was, they really saw me with Hades last night. I don't know why they needed to make it a blind item. To make the issue more juicy? And were there photos taken that night? If there was, why wouldn't they include it?

Rumors never affected me before. No matter how true the rumor was. Ngayon lang ako nakaramdam ng takot. How could I not feel this way when everything was on the line?

My career, my reputation, the only person I care about, and now... Hades.

The only reason why I wasn't panicking was the fact that the article was written as a blind item and there were no photos that could prove the authenticity of the issue.

"It's a blind item, Mama Ton. Why are you so worried?" I laughingly said, downplaying the situation.

"Because it's so obvious that it's you! Greek Goddess with a fiancé in the industry?"

"Just have Gior to come up with some stunt to counter the issue."

"You think I will call you without a solution for your problem? You have a big event later. Ask Gio to your date."

"Can't we just post a photo like last time?"

"You think people won't notice the pattern? Bakit ka ba kasi naglasing? At sinong lalaki ang kasama mo? My God, Kaia!"

"I wasn't drunk." I rolled my eyes.

"Paano yung lalaki?"

"That was just a close friend. Why are you still not used to how these cheap tabloids makes a big deal out of everything?"

"Don't underminde these cheap tabloids, Kaia. They can still ruin us. With how frail minded the public are? Papaniwalaan nila ang kahit anong issue ang isubo sa kanila."

"Fine. I'll ask Gio. I have to go. Nag-aayos pa ako."

"One last thing."

I groaned.

"I know your relationship with Gio is fake but the whole world doesn't know that. Ang dami ng cheating issues sa showbiz ngayon, Kaia. I don't want you to be in that category," seryosong sabi niya. "I'm only asking you this because I love you. Can you be more careful with your close friend next time?"

Mama Ton just knows me too well. Hindi na nakakapagtaka dahil bata pa lang ako ay alaga niya na ako. He basically raised me. He watched me grow. He knows me better than my family. My likes, my dislikes, what makes me tick, and the way I think.

"I will," I promised.

"Good." Mama Ton let out a relieved sigh. "I'm always here for you no matter what."

I gagged. "Drama queen."

"Inggrata," ismid niya na tinawanan ko lang. "See you later. Bye!"

Naglaho ang tuwa ko. I looked at the article again. My lips thinned.

This could end. I could end it. I could easily avoid all of this from blowing up on my face. I could stop this if I wanted to... the only problem was I didn't want to.

I wanted to keep Hades for as long as I can. It was selfish. Keeping him was selfish. It was wrong and the worst of all, I didn't mind.

🍷🍷🍷

I had a shoot for a billboard ad in the morning. Nang dumating ang lunch ay dumererso kami sa Hyatt kung saan gaganapin ang event mamayang hapon. I needed to be there early because aside from preparing for the event, I had other things to do.

A scheduled lunch with the executives of the brand that I was endorsing together with Mama Ton and Gior, my publicist, a dry run for the event, then a quick shoot that the brand requested.

It had been a busy morning. Nahawakan ko lang ang phone nang matapos ang lunch at pabalik na kami sa room na binigay sa akin para makapag-ayos.

There was a few texts from Hadeon that I had to set aside. Following Mama Ton's instruction, I called Giovann.

He answered on the third ring.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Seph, is there something wrong?" iyon agad ang tanong niya dahil alam niyang hindi naman ako tatawag sa kanya para mangamusta.

"I have an event in Hyatt and I need a date. Are you free now?"

"W-What? Date? O-Of course!" he stuttered. "Anong oras ba? Is it a formal event or should I wear something casual?"

"Formal," I answered. "You can come to my room before the event. It starts at five."

"Okay. Okay. I'll be there." He sounded thrilled. "See you later."

"See you," I sweetly said for my team to hear.

There was a makeup artist assigned by the brand. She used the lippie that I'm endorsing. I wore a white off shoulder dress with puff long sleeves. It had a high waist with pleated design on the bodice and a very high slit. It hugged my body perfectly. For my feet, I just wore white heels.

They styled my hair into big mermaid curls. The stylist completed my look with matching diamond earrings and necklace.

The whole glamming time, I was reading the script. Nandoon ang mga itatanong ng host, pati ang gusto nilang maging gist ng sagot ko ay nandoon. I prepared my answers in my head.

Gio sent me a message when he reached the hotel. I replied with the room number. Ipinaalam ko kay Mama Ton at Gior na padating na si Giovann. Gior prepared his phone to capture Gio's arrival.

There were other people inside the room so I put on an excited and lovesick act when I told them the news.

Knocks came from the door and I feigned a sweet smile. Gio entered the room with his usual expensive bouquet of flowers.

"Excuse me po," paalam ko sa artist.

"Oh. Sure," tawa nito at tumigil sa pag-ayos ng mukha ko.

I stood up and nearly bounced my way to Gio with the level of enthusiasm that I was portraying. I was smiling brightly as I flew my arms around his neck for a hug. Iniwas ni Gio ang bulaklak para hindi maipit sa yakap.

"Hey," Gio chuckled.

Humiwalay ako sa pagkakayap pero nanatili ang mga kamay ko sa batok niya. I pouted my lips a bit and looked at him dreamily. "I missed you."

He bit his lip and softly smiled. "I missed you, too."

My smile fainted when I saw the sincerity and hope in Giovann's eyes. It sparked a guilt within me. My hold on him loosened.

"This is for you." He handed me the bouquet.

Tinanggap ko ang bulaklak at nilakihan muli ang ngiti. "Thank you. Mag-aayos lang ako."

"Okay." He diligently nodded.

My fake smile was still eminent in my face as I turned and headed back to the foldable salon chair. Lumapit si Emma sa akin at kinuha ang bouquet.

🍷🍷🍷

Our hands were linked as we entered the event hall. Eyes and cameras were  immediately on us. Sinama ko siya sa mini-red carpet kung saan may backdrop.

After a few shots, he released my hand and walked to the sidelines for my solo pictures.

Mama Ton and Gior were pleased with the outcome of Gio's presence. Pati ang executive ng brand ay natuwa. It was additional promotion for them to have my fiancé at the event.

Gio also joined the dinner party. Siya na rin ang naghatid sa akin sa unit. A smile remained on his face even with the silence between us in the whole ride.

"Thanks for tonight," he said once the car stopped in the driveway entrance of the building.

For the first time, I hesitated going out. For the first time, I hesitated telling the truth straight to his face.

I've always hated Gio for reminding me of myself, for not having the courage to do what he wanted. I hated him for being a willing participant and taking a role in my nightmare. He was the personification of the strings that my father clipped on me.

But seeing him in this light, seeing a hint of his feelings made me understand. I could see it now. He wasn't in this pretend relationship because he didn't have a choice, he was here because it was the only way to be close to me.

For the first time, I felt sorry. 'Cause for the first time, I wasn't with him to satisfy my father's whims. This time, I chose to be with him for my own gain.

I was using him, just like how our parents used us. Just like how my father used me. Maybe my father and I were more alike than I wanted and I hated it.

"I'm sorry," I said, even though I knew it wasn't enough.

"For what?"

I let out a deep breath and raised my eyes to him. "There's a rumor about me that's going around. That's why I asked you to come."

"Oh." His gaze dropped to the steering wheel. "I guess I expected that. You would have never invited me just 'cause you wanted to."

I didn't answer. What else could I say other than sorry?

He brought his eyes back to me again. His smile returned but it didn't have the same light like earlier. "You can always use me, Seph. I don't mind."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.4K 1.2K 33
Daffney Levanidez wasn't interested in dating guys not until the night she met Darlin Francisco, the guy that would turn out to be her first love. DU...
2.6M 82K 48
The S #2 There are different kinds of love in the world. May pagmamahal para sa pamilya, para sa kaibigan, para sa mga taong malapit talaga sayo, at...
5.6M 158K 53
WARNING (!) THIS STORY CONTAINS MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, TYPOS AND LOOPHOLES. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE A PERFECTIONIST. YOU ARE BEING WARNED.
3.3M 85.9K 63
Sa isang pagwawakas, hindi maaaring walang masasaktan. Isa man sa inyo, o kayong dalawa pareho. Sa bawat mga hakbang palayo, ay ang unti-unting pagka...