The White Spirit (Stiles Stil...

By ChristineWalter2

SLOW UPDATES... After the nogitsune, no one wants to associate with Stiles. He's lonely with a drunken and ab... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 4

1K 33 1
By ChristineWalter2

Stiles' POV

I sat on my desk as I did my assignment. The hamster on my lap... I didn't want to let it go, somehow it's like we had this bond.. It's as if the hamster was a friend of mine from the very beginning. I don't know how to explain it but I just loved it already. The hamster was dear to my heart... I just felt safe with it, safe and happy with it.

It stirred on my lap... It was awake. I looked down at it as I shut my book, I was through with my assignments. I had this peace within me... A kind of peace that I didn't have before. I took it in my hands, stroked it as it gave out a soft purr before placing it on top of my book.

"Hey.. Are you hungry?". I asked.

It squeaked.

"I will take that as a 'yes'". I said as I picked it up and went downstairs. My father wasn't around but the house stunk of alcohol. The bottles were still on the carpet in the living room... scattered.

I exhaled sharply as I made my way to the kitchen.

"Don't mind that, my father...." I paused. Why was I talking to the hamster as if it was a person? As if it'd understand what I'd say?. I think I'm really crazy.

"Never mind.." I said as I placed it on the kitchen island and opened the fridge.

"What would you like to have?" I asked as I looked in the fridge only to see leftover pizza from last night and a bowl containing uncooked beef. I sighed.

"Will you eat pizza with me?". I asked. Hamsters eat pellets, cheese... What else? I have none of those here so I guess it'll starve for a while or it'll eat the pizza with me.

I took the pizza out as I shut the fridge and placed it in the microwave to heat. I took a small crumble from the pizza after heating it and gave it to the hamster. It sniffed it before gladly taking it in it's small front limbs and nibbling on it.

"Are you a she? Or a he?". I asked.

It squeaked.

"A he?". I asked. It stopped and looked at me. It acts as if it understands me.

"I think that's a 'no'". I mumbled.
"So, you are a 'she' huh?".

It squeaked.

"You act as if you understand me.. You know... The way you squeak when I ask a question.. I really do wish you could understand me.. I really need company.. Someone to talk to..". I paused as an idea flashed in my mind.

"Or are you a were-hamster?". I asked. It... I mean she squeaked.

I narrowed my eyes as I placed down my pizza.

"Are you a were-hamster? I wouldn't be surprised.. I've had a friend whose a werewolf... I had a coyote and a kitsune as a friend as well before.... Before shit happened". I said the last part in a small voice.

I inhaled deeply.

"I'm really tired with the supernatural shit". I said. The hamster looked... Sad?. Was it really a were-hamster?.

"Are you really a were-hamster?". I asked. It did nothing... No squeak... No purr... It just dropped the small piece of pizza crumble I'd given it and backed away from me a few inches. It was a were-hamster. I could tell through that action... It was sad after I'd said about the 'supernatural stuff'...

But hey! I wouldn't mind to have a were-hamster around... Hamsters don't pose great threats like wolves or coyotes... Hamsters don't get affected by full moons as far as I know... They aren't hunted down by hunters... So, hamsters are superb.

If she was a were-hamster, it'd be great... I'd have someone to talk to. I know if she's really a were-hamster, then she came to me for a reason, I feel happy and safe around her for a reason and I want to know why... That means she wants me around her.

I looked at her. She looked fearful, frightened... Sad.

I was sad too. She was just like me... Afraid of rejection.. Afraid to face rejection...

I took in a deep breathe.

"I'm sorry but if you're really a were-hamster then, I wouldn't mind.... I won't throw you out". I said slowly.

It looked at me.

"Believe me, trust me... Just come clean with me and I promise to keep this a secret". I said softly.

It looked at me. I could tell it was debating with itself whether to shift or not.

"Please". I whispered.

It just looked at me. Doing nothing. I must be crazy then... Thinking that a regular hamster is a were-hamster just because I was surrounded by a bunch of werewolves, kitsun and coyote.

I took my pizza disappointed in myself as I stood up about to go out of the kitchen back to my room. But then before I could take a step, a bright white light formed from within the hamster and heavy white smoke surrounded it.

A sudden flip of joy and fear stirred in my heart as I took a step back. There, in front of me.... On top of the table was a light chocolate skinned girl, with dark brownish shoulder length hair.. Brown eyes, slender and was in a white dress that was knee level.

She raked her hair and turned to face me with a small smile on my face.

"Hi". She muttered.

"Holy shit!". I exclaimed.

In front of me was a were-hamster... A freaking were-hamster!!...

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I closed it as I swallowed hard. Yeah the girl is pretty alright.. Yeah, prettier than Lydia... Or Malia.... I looked at her... She looked back at me still having that small smile on her face.

"Mieczyslaw?". She questioned.

Damn!... That's my first name... Even I found it hard to pronounce. She must be legendary to be able to pronounce it!.

"My name is Lux... Please don't freak out". She said in a small voice. I opened my mouth to speak yet again having no words coming out, I shut it and turned away from her as I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe.

Perhaps she's just a hallucination, when I open my eyes, she won't be there!. She won't be here....

I opened my eyes slowly as I turned to face the island, she was still there. My heart beat raised, I wasn't hallucinating.... My heart beat fast against my chest and my breathing became harshed and heavy.

She jumped down from the island and took a step towards me. I took a step back, my back hitting the cupboard that stood there.

"Please don't be afraid of me". She begged in a small voice. I shook my head... I was in another dream of mine and I would wake up soon, right?.

She took another step.

"D-dont move!". I stuttered in my shaky voice.

She then disappeared then reappeared right in front of me.

Shit!...

She pulled me into a hug. A tight hug that I couldn't pull out from. How could a were-hamster be this strong?.

"I need you to trust me.... Please... Listen to my heart beat, I'm here to help, not to hurt you". She said softly through my ragged breathes.

"Take in a deep breathe and calm down". She whispered.

There was no way I was going to push her away. There was no way unless I did what she said.

I took a deep breathe, breathing in her scent.... Peach petals?...

I don't know how I calmed down but I started breathing normally again, my heart beat normal too and the only heart I could feel beat was hers, it was as if her heart was beating in my veins... Beating against mine.... And her scent.... It was really calmly and for the first time within the past months, I felt home.

I hugged her back.

I could trust her.

I trusted her.

"Mieczyslaw". She muttered as she let go of me and looked into my eyes.

"Stiles". I whispered. She gave me a puzzled look. "Just call me Stiles".

"Oh.. Nice to know you S-Stiles?". She said.

"My dad will be coming in late..". I paused.

"Yes please, let's talk". She said with much emphasis. "I know I owe you a lot of explanation". She added as I motioned her to sit. I sat beside her on the dining table.

Lux's POV

I explained everything to Stiles... From when I was born of course, to my learning how to control my hamster, my powers, my balance between darkness and light and purity.... How I wanted to kill the nogitsune but I ended up being sealed, my waking up and not being able to come down to earth due to the effects of the seal, my killing the nogitsune's soul and my parents unsealing me.. Blessing me to come back to earth, not forgetting to mention seeing his image on the emotionless water, me being the guardian of the Nemeton and I had sealed it which was now guarded heavily by my five army angels.. And that I was his guardian.. How I was to protect the pack he was in because of him but I couldn't anymore since he wasn't part of pack... And I answered his many questions

"I'm sorry I wasn't there when you needed me the most. I'm even ashamed to be called your guardian because I didn't protect you... I'll understand it if you decide to shut me out". I said sadly.

"But I can make it up to you." I added quickly not looking at him.

"How?". He questioned slowly.

"By making your nightmares go away, your hallucinations... Your right state of mind and self esteem... Before the nogitsune shit happened, I'll bring all back... I can also help with that situation you have with your father....." I trailed. "Stiles, happiness is not a state that is easy to achieve. Sometimes, it may require hard work in order to get to a place in life where you feel happy......We can achieve this together..... Trust me!". I said softly as I fiddled with my hands that were on the table. I was trying hard not to read his mind... I wanted him to make this decision alone without me doing any kind of manipulation.

I know I can easily brainwash him in case he rejects me but I also don't want that happen. I don't want to do such shit to him... I want to help him, I want him to accept me from his heart and mind not through force or manipulation.

He took in three deep breathes. I placed a hand on his arm and rubbed it gently for him to calm down. I don't want him having a panic attack before giving me an answer.

"T-This is a lot to take in.. You know". He stuttered.

I nodded.

"Yes! Yes I know. Give me a chance please Stiles... Let me be your guardian henceforth... To protect you... To guide you and make you happy because you deserve it". I responded still rubbing my hand on his arm to calm his nerves down.

He took another deep breathe and took my hand that was on the table in his. I smiled. This was a good sign...

He opened his mouth to speak but then closed it. It's as if he was thinking what to say... The right words to put in.

"Lux.... The first time I saw you... I just felt happy and relieved. I know you're aware of what I'm talking about". He started.

I nodded knowing too well what he was implying.

He sighed, "I've lost a lot Lux.... But seeing to what you've done for me for the past few hours we've been together. I know you're not lying to me and I appreciate you coming clean to me." He paused as he exhaled deeply. "Don't ever leave me when I let you in... Please".

I smiled.. A wide smile.

"I'll never leave you Stiles... Where will I go to if I leave?. I want to assure you that I'll be your best friend when you need a friend. Your sister when you need family. Your light when there's darkness. Your smile bearer. Your companion when you need company. Your human diary and above all, your guide!". I promised.

"That's one huge promise you know?". He asked.

I smiled.

"Yes, I know and gods never go back on their words, trust me!". I said as he looked at me, his lips twitching up to form a smile.

"I trust you Lux". He responded.

We hugged.

"Thanks Stiles". I said softly.

I was happy you know... Very happy...Nothing would be compared to the way I felt. Thank you Stiles... Thank you!.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 255 31
A single choice changes the whole story. Stiles moved away from the flashlights and cadaver dogs as he wasn't necessarily excited to get caught by hi...
21K 700 13
When Scott bit the Nogitsune, his powers were transferred to Stiles. Making him a hyrbrid, the only one of his kind. But when Stiles' abilities start...
2.2K 73 23
Skylar is back, with the pack, and they're as strong as ever. No more crazy murders, no more Void, no more supernatural disasters in their way. Or i...
9.8K 376 24
This is a Stiles Stilinski FanFiction for all you Teen Wolf lovers! Stiles is becoming mentally ill once again, much like before; only this time by...