ᵀʰᵉ ᵖˢʸᶜʰᵒ & ʰⁱˢ ᵖˢʸᶜʰᵒˡᵒᵍⁱˢᵗ...

By cigzaftsex

❝ᴹᵃʸᵇᵉ ʷᵉ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵃᵐᵉ ᵖᵃᵍᵉ, ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ˢᵉᵖᵃʳᵃᵗᵉ ˡⁱⁿᵉˢ❞ ┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━... More

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘsʏᴄʜᴏ & ʜɪs ᴘsʏᴄʜᴏʟᴏɢɪsᴛ
(2) 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣
(3) 𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙚
(4) 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩
(5) 𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙚𝙚
(6) 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙚?
7 - Regret?
8 -
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

(1) 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙖𝙘

6.2K 149 36
By cigzaftsex

Nova slid half way into her car, stopping abruptly as she caught a glimpse of Gotham's city lights. She found herself captivated by them for a moment, quietly admiring until reality slapped her in the face, reminding her of work — which she was already unacceptably late for.

Around 20 minutes later, she finally arrived at Gotham's very own hell, Arkham asylum. She already wished she stayed home, cuddled in bed with some wine as she binge watched supernatural, but she had to make her money somehow.

The halls of the Asylum echoed with screams and laughter, but it wasn't the happy or joyful type, it was manic, evil, but at the same time mesmerising — at least to her.

She continued walking down the dreary and dimly lit hallway, passing by sectioned-off rooms where she could see bundles of inmates. Her curiosity climaxed as her ears perked up at a specific laugh.

Nova's feet led her further into the wickedness, the crazy laughter booming and bouncing off the surrounding walls, almost as if it was following her. The brunette came to a halt as she stumbled across a large barricaded door.

What caught her eye was the neon skeleton symbol which she guessed was spray painted on the already black and yellow striped door. The whole thing screamed danger to Nova, but being the curious soul she is, she pushed that thought to the back of her mind.

Nova was too preoccupied with her intriguing thoughts to hear the voice behind the door mumble a bunch of nothingness to no one in particular but itself.

That was until the mumbles got louder, suddenly catching her full attention.

She cautiously took a step forward, only now being centimetres away from the door. Nova soon closed the remaining distance, pressing her hands firmly against the solid door.

She slowly trailed her hands to the symbol, lightly tracing the skeleton as she thought aloud. "Interesting." She'd never seen this before.

"I can hear ya, ya know?" The voice of a man grumbled. "It's really distracting. . . I'm tryna think here."

Nova instinctively dropped her hands and stumbled back, her mouth agape as she willed herself to believe she was hearing things, but that certainly wasn't the case.

"On second thoughts. . maybe some company wouldn't be so bad after all." The man pondered rather cheerfully. In fact, too cheerfully for Nova's liking.

Nova still said nothing, pressing her lips into a thin line as she stood awkwardly outside the door, not knowing what to say or do.

At this moment she just wished she had gone straight to her office to get on with her paperwork like she was supposed to.

Nova was about to make a — not so quiet — sharp U turn, spinning hot on her heels. But she ceased almost at once, hearing the man tsk out loud. "Leaving so soon?" He said sardonically, hearing the movements of the girl.

"I've seemed to have wasted enough time." Nova presumed, her mouth speaking before her brain could comprehend, heartbeat quickening by the minute.

"I'm hurt, truly." He mocked with a snicker. "I was beginning to think a cat got ya tongue or something. I was almost worried."

"I'm sure you were." Nova scoffed, clearing her throat afterwards. "I shouldn't be talking to you—or anyone who isn't my patient for that matter." Nova clarified, scolding herself for being so reckless.

"Breaking the rules huh? You're bad. My type to a T." He said, an insane laugh escaping his throat that shook her to her core.

The girl sighed, a shiver running up her spine and she suddenly wished she wore a thick coat as her cardigan wasn't doing her justice. "I should really get going now."

"Lighten up, doll-face. A man needs some company once in a while. It'll drive ya crazy otherwise." He concluded with a chuckle, his voice vibrating from the other side of the door.

"Well then— I suppose you'll have to find company in the wall's— or rats even, because duty calls." Nova enlightened, referring to her actual patients.

"So let me be ya duty, or ya friend at least." The man suggested, a smirk evident in his cocky tone.

"Tempting, but i'm afraid i'll have to pass." Nova disclosed, shutting that insane idea down, but she'd always be lying if she said she didn't pond over it at least once.

"That's too bad. You could've gained an ally, a friend. He's a real charming fella too." Jerome sighed disappointedly.

The brunette pursed her lips and pretended to think hard. "Hmm. Let me guess. . . that charming fella is you." She fake gasped, steadily pacing the hall.

"Of course me, who else?" He taunted obviously. "So. . . ya gonna tell me ya name Doc?"

"Tell me yours and i'll tell you mine." Nova bargained, barely restraining the small smile that graced her features as she slowly walked back to the door.

"Uh huh." He chuckled wildly. Well. . . I'm Jerome. I wish I could say it's nice to meet ya, but I can't exactly see you." He jeered.

"I'm Dr. Harmon." The girl replied, her lips parted slightly as she took everything in. Jerome was boyishly charming, no doubt about it. But he was twisted at the same time, a madness so strong and so deadly. Though oddly enough, Nova found herself undeniably drawn to him.

"Dr. Harmon, eh." Jerome repeated. "So you're a psychologist here, hmm?" Jerome questioned, his voice lacing with interest, knowing he's never been with a Dr. Harmon before.

"Well I'm certainly not a patient." Nova jested, giving Jerome a taste of his own medicine

"Funny." Jerome scoffed, a heavy silence suffocating the two.

Nova couldn't resist the innocent curiosity that nagged at her. She wanted to know why he was in Arkham, what he had done and why he was so separated from the other patients, what was so dangerous about him? Apart of her secretly wanted to be his psychologist, seeing that's the only way she'd have answers to these questions.

"Are you afraid of me?" Jerome piped up and Nova could've sworn she could hear his breathing right outside the door.

"You haven't gave me a reason to be." Nova told him truthfully.

"Rookie mistake, Doc." Jerome cackled. "You know nothing about me, or what i'm capable of." He snarked, his shoes clanking against the floor as he seemingly paced.

"You're right, but you're also locked up Jerome, what could you possibly do?"

"I'll make you chew on those words Doc, believe me. I have a feeling i'll be seeing you very soon." Jerome admitted, his voice suddenly dropping a few octaves, becoming deeper and more menacing,

"I highly doubt it." Nova confirmed.

"Hmm, now. . That's where you're wrong." Jerome challenged, erupting into fits of manic laughter second's later.

"How presumptuous of you, but i'm willing to bet I won't be finding out." Nova affirmed confidently, having a feeling Jerome was all bark, no bite, but little did she know.

"Just don't get too comfortable is all, Doll-face. pleasant times are coming— or should I say unpleasant. I suppose that'll be up to you to decide." Jerome sneered, Nova laughing lightly, expecting an answer as such from a person with his wittiness.

After a while of silence, none of them daring to speak up, they were interrupted by a guard who had been sent to let Jerome out for dinner.

Of course the guard was quick to question why Nova was there, but she slithered her way out of suspicion by claiming Jerome was one of her patients and for safety reasons he had to stay behind the door for his session.

The guard being a fool nodded and believed her white little lie. He stalked towards the door, key card at the ready.

Nova subtly stepped back, realising she'd be facing Jerome which she once doubted would ever happen. Nevertheless, she kept on her poker face, finding it hard to push down the odd sensation of excitement flowing through her.

Soon enough, that faded. Her brain now flickering on and off like a light switch. The sane part of her screamed for her to run for the hills and get on with her already damned day.

But it was never like Nova to back down from a challenge and seeing as the guard had already swiped the card — the double doors already opening, it was too late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

280K 7.8K 52
"What's the matter gorgeous? Cat got your tongue?" So, after the breakout, Jerome found a mysterious blond girl on the street and decided he wanted t...
140K 3.9K 157
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨�...
336K 5K 53
Characters I'll be doing James (Jim) Gordon Oswald Cobblepot Jerome Valeska Edward Nygma Bruce Wayne Victor Zsasz I've written all of this down and...
211K 5.3K 59
(Y/n) Gordon is the daughter of a good man in Gotham City. What happens when she falls into links with a maniac by the name of Jerome Valeska? When J...