Tangled the series: Rapunzel'...

By Roses52

Join (Y/n), her big sister Rapunzel, and the rest of their friends as they seek adventure and unlock mysterio... More

Before Ever After part 1
Before Ever After part 2
Before Ever After part 3
Season 1 theme song
What the hair?!
Rapunzel's Enemy
Fitzherbert P.I.
Challenge of the Brave
The Lonely Princess
Cassandra v. Eugene
The Return of Strongbow
In Like Flynn
Great Expotations

Before Ever After part 4

2.2K 54 22
By Roses52

The sun was beginning to rise up to the sky as the three girls were galloping back to the town. Once they made it into the town, they hide from the guards. They say that it has been double for today.

"We've got a problem. Because of the coronation, they've doubled security at the gates today." Cassandra told.

"Wait, so there's no other way in?" (Y/n) nearly panics.

"Sure, if you want to walk in the front door in broad daylight." Cassandra told again.

Rapunzel looks around, and saw the tower where her room is. She thought for a moment and got an idea. "Hmm, maybe we don't need the front door." So Rapunzel's plan was to have Maximus go inside and open the window for them as Rapunzel would use her hair to climb up. Maximus went inside the castle and did his part by getting rid of Stan and Pete. Once Maximus opens the window, Rapunzel's hair is thrown through the window. Max runs to help everyone up. Cassandra jumps in the room first, then (Y/n) and finally Rapunzel enters.

"Okay, quick, hand me the scissors." Rapunzel points to the scissors. Cassandra grabs the scissors. "So what do we wanna do here? Maybe a bob? How about some layers?" Cassandra begins to joke around. "Cass! Quit joking and cut it!" (Y/n) gives Cassandra a handful of Rapunzel's hair. With the hair in her hands, Cassandra tries to cut it but it shatters into pieces. "Uh-oh." Cassandra and (Y/n) said simultaneously. "Uh-oh? Why uh-oh? There shouldn't be any uh-ohs." Rapunzel was beginning to get scared at their reaction. Cassandra show her the shattered scissors in why they said uh-oh. "Uh-oh." Rapunzel had the same reaction. "Was your hair always this strong?" Cassandra asked. "What? No! Try again." Rapunzel replied. Cassandra tried again with a knife, but this time the blade is bended. The hair still wouldn't cut.

"Okay this means we're gonna need a plan B." (Y/n) told as she was getting more nervous. Cassandra goes over to Maximus and opens her satchel of weapons. She grabs another blade and goes to Rapunzel's hair where it is displayed on a long table. "Cover your eyes." Cassandra orders. Rapunzel listens to her and covers her eyes. Cassandra tries to cut it but it shatters again. She tries with a mace, nothing: a battle axe, nothing: a tiny blade, nothing: even a giant battle axe, still nothing. All of the weapons failed to cut Rapunzel's hair. "Forget it. It's just like those stupid rocks. It's unbreakable." Cassandra was exhausted. "We can't forget it! Today is my coronation." Rapunzel began to panic. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Hey, sunshine, are you in there?" It was Eugene. Rapunzel goes to let him in, but Cassandra stops her.

"You can't let Eugene see you." Cassandra told.

"What? Why?" Rapunzel asked. 

"He can't know anything about last night. I told you and (Y/n), Rapunzel. If it gets out that I took you both outside Corona, I'm done for."

"But I trust Eugene."

"Well, I don't. My dad will have me taken off princess detail. The three of will never see each other again.

They could still hear Eugene begging to be let in so he can see Rapunzel. Cassandra pleads silently at her and her friend nods in agreement. Wasting no time, the three of them in trying to hide Rapunzel's hair, along with Maximus help. They tried to hide it everywhere in the room, in the closet, underbid, and even under the carpet. Thinking that Rapunzel was in trouble Eugene kicks the door open. Once he was inside, he was shocked to see her hair was fully grown again.

"Holy hair!" Eugene was shocked at the sight. Rapunzel, (Y/n), Cassandra, and Max freeze, arms full of blond hair. Eugene looks around in shock to the hair being stuffed inside drawers or hangin from the ceiling. Brielle and Pascal smiled at the blonde hair that was back. Rapunzel laughs awkwardly. "Surprise!" She and (Y/n) helped Eugene to the closest chair as he begins to ramble on about her hair was bac. He couldn't believe and he couldn't think right. He wanted to know if it was magic again, but at the same time he didn't. He wanted to know everything, but he said the if Rapunzel wasn't ready then she didn't have to tell him. Rapuznel thanked him for understanding, but Eugene wasn't satisfied. He wanted to be there for Rapuznel and help her. Rapunzel wanted to tell him, but it was complicated.

"Fine, fine, fine. You know what? I can't make you tell me what happened, but obviously you're keeping something from me. But whatever it is, I just want you to know you should never feel like you have to hide anything from me." Eugene explains. Rapunzel said at him. (Y/n) and her animal friends smiled at the couple, while Cassandra was bit annoyed. Eugene placed his hands on Rapunzel's shoulders. "You don't hide things from the people you love. Ever."

Suddenly, they hear Arianna calling from outside the room. "Rapunzel, honey. Is your sister with you too?"

"Hide your hair, woman! You gotta hid your hair." Eugene began to panic.

"Rapunzel? (Y/n)?" Arianna starts opening the door but Pascal and Brielle blocked it before she could open it. "May I come in, sweethearts?" Arianna keeps trying to open the door, but Maximus helped Pascal and Brielle stop her. Rapunzel, (Y/n), Cassandra. and Eugene began to gather up Rapunzel's hair.

"You can't! We're..." Rapunzel started to imitate a mouth full. "...brushing our teeth!"

"Oh, good. But I can still come in, can't I?" Arianna asked.

"Oh, I don't think you want to, Mom. The combination of our morning breaths, don't want to expose you to it." (Y/n) lied. She shrugged her shoulders at her friends. She didn't know what else to think. Arianna was confused about her daughters. "That's ah, very thoughtful of you two. Um, Dad and I want you both to join us on the terrace for breakfast."

"Um, I don't know. There's a lot of stuff I have to do to get ready. Also, (Y/n) promised that she could help." Rapunzel tried to think of an excuse. "Yeah, Mom. I promised that I would help Rapunzel." (Y/n) adds. "Rapunzel, (Y/n), well, your father has something very important to share with the both of you. He's... he's been waiting all night." Arianna explains. Rapunzel looks at (Y/n) for an answer, but her little sister didn't know what to do either. Seeing no way out, the sisters agreed to meet them in a moment. Satisfied with an answer, Queen Arianna leaves.

"The coronation is in two hours! How am I supposed to cut this hair?" Rapunzel asked for an answer. Cassandra looks at Pascal and Brielle with Max's tail on their heads. "I might have an idea."

Outside on the terrace, the sisters were out eating breakfast with their parents. (Y/n) was wearing her regular princess outfit and her big sister was wearing a huge wig to hide her long, blonde hair.

"So, uh, Rapunzel, ready for the big day?" Arianna asked her eldest daughter. "You bet! Already into the princess spirit. The bigger the wig, the better the princess, right? So Dad, Mom said you wanted to talk." Rapunzel smiled as she tried to hold her wig still. (Y/n) smiled as she helped her sister with her wig.

"Yes... Rapunzel, last night, your mother and I had a discussion." Frederic stood up from his seat. "I know that I'm not always able to separate the man from the king and separating the father from the king has proven even more difficult." He paused as he sighed. "Girls, I know this new life is hard to get used to, and I'm sure that sometimes you wish I would get out of your hair."

What he said made the them cough, thinking that he might be on to them. "Ooh, sorry. Is it hot here or is it just us." (Y/n) said nervously.

Frederic grabs Rapunzel's hand. "Rapunzel, you are going to be queen someday. A great queen with a magnificent kingdom. But you know better than anyone else what a dangerous and evil place the world can be. And the barrier keeping us safe from that is sometimes more fragile than it appears. When that evil rears its ugly head it is my job to protect Corona from it. And one day, that will be your responsibility. And I must teach you how to carry it." He explains to Rapunzel. He then grabs (Y/n)'s hand. "(Y/n), I know I have trained you to be queen before you found your sister, but it is still a princess's job to take care of her people. You are a brave and strong princess since you've gone to the danger of reuniting with your sister and that is something our kingdom will look up to." He brought his daughter hand closer together. "But that is many, many years away. Until that burden is imposed on you both, I'm asking that you two trust me that I know how to keep danger as far away from you both and this kingdom as is humanly possible. Do the both of you understand? It was until last night that I realized that my methods may have at times seemed strict or unfair or..."

"Does this means Rapunzel and I can have more time to ourselves in the village without having the royal guards following us?" (Y/n) asked with hope. "Well, this means I'm willing to reconsider those methods. But I make no promises." Frederic made a decision. "We can work with that." Rapunzel said. She and (Y/n) kissed their father on his cheek. A strand of blond hair slips out of the wig as it tickles Frederic's nose. Rapunzel quickly tucks it back inside her wig. "Well, I should go. I have a lot of princess-ing up to do." Rapuznel chuckles. (Y/n) gets up and follows her big sister. "And I have to go help her. You know, being a princess for fourteen years its my duty to help my big sister." (Y/n) quickly goes to Rapunzel as she tried to set the wig still.

"You're right, Arianna. Teenagers are a whole new frontier." Frederic told his wife as his daughters left.

In Rapunzel's room, (Y/n) was trying to help her big sister balance the wig on her head. It would move to one side, but (Y/n) would stop it before it would fell on the floor. Then they heard a knock on the door, it was there mother as she enters. "Hi, girls." Arianna greeted her daughters. "Oh, hi Mom." Rapunzel and (Y/n) greeted their mother back. "You both left so quickly after breakfast I... I didn't have a chance to give these to the both of you. I know it's a little early for a coronation gift but... I thought you two might like to see it now." Arianna presents Rapunzel and (Y/n) with a wooden box. Her daughters opens it to find three journals inside. Rapunzel takes the one on the top and she and (Y/n) start reading it. One page said '18th of July; We embarked on a safari to the most remote plains of the third continent.' The next page was on '21st of May; Had to take shelter in a hidden cave to escape the fury of a violent storm.' Last page they saw was on '12th of April; Helped villagers rebuild their war torn homes.

"Whoa! Mom, is this yours and you really did all these amazing things?" (Y/n)'s eyes shined in amazement. Arianna nods at youngest daughter. "Girls, before I met your father, I was so much like the both of you. I had no idea what I was supposed to have in this world. So, I went out and found my own way." Arianna takes out the other two journals and hands them to her daughters. Rapunzel and (Y/n) go throw the empty pages.

"Your father is right about one thing, Rapunzel. You will be queen someday, but only you get to decide what kind of queen you'll be. And no one can tell you the best way to make that decision." Arianna told Rapunzel. She then turns to (Y/n). "As you, (Y/n). Your father is right about you. You are a brave and strong princess that will do amazing things in her life. You get to decide what kind of princess you want your people to remember you for."

"But how can we if..." Rapunzel paused before she realized something. "Wait... Are you suggesting that we should..."

"Honey... find a way to fill those pages. I only ask that you both be safe, be smart, and above all... be true to yourselves." Arianna told her daughters. Rapunzel and (Y/n) turns a page to see an inscription on the inside cover. ''Plus est en vous''?

"Plus est en vous." Arianna repeated. "That means, "There is more in you." right, Mom?" (Y/n) looked at her mother. Arianna nods at her youngest daughter as she pulled them into a hug.

Trumpets were playing in the throne room. (Y/n) was with her parents as she waited for Rapunzel to become an official princess. She wanted to stay and help with Rapunzel's wig, but Cassandra told her that she had everything under control and that she should take her place before their parents suspect something.

(Like in the movie (Y/n) wears this dress for special occasions along with her tiara.)

The coronation began, and the guards open the doors. Trumpets starts playing. Rapunzel stood there gracefully. She started to walk towards her family and the priest, but she begins to struggle with the wig on her head. (Y/n) was nervous about the wig falling off to reveal her sister's long, blonde hair. (Y/n) has her fingers crossed behind her back for luck. Thinking it was forever, Rapunzel finally made it to the front of the room.

"The wearer of this crown is a shining example of the promise that is Corona, an ambassador of goodwill to those visiting from afar, and an inspiration to those fortunate enough to live within her borders." The priest began to speak as he held the Rapunzel's tiara. As (Y/n) was paying attention to her sister's coronation, Brielle noticed some guards barricading the front door. She taps (Y/n)'s cheek to get her attention. (Y/n) noticed that these guards were not right.

"Go with Pascal to find Max." (Y/n) told. Brielle nods and goes with Pascal to go find Maximus.

But above all, the chief responsibility of the crown is to keep the people of Corona safe from dangers, near and far. And there are many. This mandate is not to be taken lightly. There will come a day when the walls that surround Corona are threatened by malfeasance. A day..." Before the priest could place the tiara on Rapunzel's head, the ceremony was interrupted by a familiar voice. " Attention, please!"

"Lady Caine?" Eugene quietly questioned. Lady Caine comes in with her men as they stormed inside. The guest began to scream and scatter away from the ruffians. Lady Caine's men was able to gather the guest and placed them in the front of the room.

"Release my guests immediately." Frederic demands. "What's the matter, Fred? Am I ruining one your little girls perfect day?" Lady Caine taunts with a smirk.

"The duchess?" Rapunzel questioned as she pulled her little sister behind her, protectively.

"Oh honey, I am no duchess." Lady Caine came close to the sisters.

"I don't understand."

"Of course you wouldn't, Rapunzel. But try to follow along. This is all your fault."

(Y/n) stood in front of her big sister. "Hey! What did she ever do to you! She doesn't even know you!"

Lady Caine laughs at the youngest princess. "Oh, its the second princess. You're cute, squirt, but this your sisters fault. You see after your sister's untimely disappearance, your father locked up every criminal in the kingdom, including a simple petty thief. My father... I saw him thrown into a cage and hauled off like some animal, never to be seen again. So, I thought I'd come back and return the favor." Lady Caine explains as she pointed her sword at the royal family. Suddenly, a carriage come in only to turn out to be a cage. "Load 'em up, boys." Lady Caine orders. Her men follows her orders. They began to put the guest inside the carriage. "Your turn, Your Majesty." Lady Caine mocked. Frederic refused as he stood protectively in front of his family. "Oh come now, you didn't think we'd leave our prized pig in the pen, did you?" Lady Caine smirked as two of her men grabbed Frederic. They imprisoned him inside the carriage with his guest.

"Dad?" Rapuznel and (Y/n) reached for their father. "Girls, stay back." Frederic told his daughters. "But, Dad..." (Y/n) was scared of losing her father. "No. There's nothing you both can do. As your father and your king, I command you two to stay put." Frederic commanded his daughters. The carriage door slams shut. Eugene steps forwards to help but one of Lady Caine's men points a sword at him. "Don't be a hero, pretty boy." He told.

Eugene looks at Rapunzel as she nods in determination. She looks back at Cassandra and (Y/n), knowing that she has to do something.

Rapunzel takes a deep breathe and lets it out. "Sorry, Dad." She kicks her shoes away. "I can't stay put." She takes off her wig as she reveals her long, blonde hair.

"That's my girl!" Eugene smiled proudly.

"Let them go!" Rapunzel ordered.

Lady Caine chuckles. "It's amazing what you can hide under those wigs, isn't it, Princess." She climb on the side of the carriage. "Come on, let's move out!" She ordered as the carriage begins to move. Rapunzel throws her hair at the door's handle and rips the door open.

"Ugh, now you're just making me angry." Lady Caine was getting annoyed.

"Good, 'cause I'm just getting started." Rapunzel glared.

Seeing that they were able to escape, Frederic and the guest immediately exits the carriage. Lady Caine ordered her men to get them back inside the carriage. Frederic was confused about his eldest daughter's hair, but Rapuznel said that she will explain later. She told him to get everyone else to safe and look after Arianna. She goes to help defend the guest.

"That's my cue!" Eugene joins the fight as he smashes two ruffians's head together and grabs a sword. "Well, my last day on princess duty. Might as well go down fighting." Cassandra grabs a nearby chandelier and runs towards the fight. (Y/n) grabs her staff that she hid inside her dress. "I am so glad that I keep this with me." (Y/n) joins the other in the fight.

Once the fight began, a few of Lady Caine's men approaches a group of frightened guests. Before they could get the chance to harm them, (Y/n) uses her staff to knock one of the thugs away from the guest. "Leave them alone!" She exclaims as she uses her staff to get the thugs away from the guests.

"So, you sure you can handle yourself?" Eugene playfully asked.

"Oh, I'll manage." Cassandra answered. She uses the chandelier and attack the thugs that were about to harm her. Eugene uses the sword to defend himself as he battles his own group of thugs.

Lady Caine goes to Cassandra as they fought each other. Lady Caine trips Cassandra down, but Cassandra quickly gets up. Lady Caine throw her sword away and pulls out two fans. Rapunzel was able to take down two thugs before they could harm anymore guests. As she walks away, one of Lady's Caine men grabs Rapunzel by the hair. She struggles to get free of him. (Y/n) saw that her sister was in trouble and runs towards them. "Get your hands off my sister!!!" (Y/n) strikes the thugs with her staff, knocking the man unconscious. Rapunzel smiled at her little sister. (Y/n) smiled back and hands her a frying pan she found by the carriage. Eugene gets disarmed by one of Lady Caine's men, Rapunzel gives him the frying pan.

"Thanks, blondie." Eugene smiled. He uses the frying pan to defend himself by 3 thugs. He throws the frying pan as if it were a boomerang. It knocks down all three of the men. "Haha! Now this feels good." He laughs.

Cassandra was able to take down Lady Caine. Once Lady Caine, Cassandra traps her with the chandelier. "Stay down!" Rapunzel and (Y/n) make their way towards them. "You have no idea who you are dealing with." Lady Caine glared at them.

"Believe us, we've dealt with much worse." Rapunzel said as (Y/n) points her staff at Lady Caine.

Lady Caine slips out from Cassandra's grip and gets to the front door. She takes out the weapon that was blocking the door. "You think this is over? Ha! I promise you, I'll be back!" Suddenly, Maximus slams the door down as Lady Caine was underneath the door. The guards entered inside to help.

"Oh, Lady Caine. It's impolite to leave in the middle of a party." Eugene joked. "You think you'd know that." Cassandra joins in. Rapunzel and (Y/n) laughed with their friends. Inside the room, everyone was cheering for them. The guards began to take Lady Caine and her men away. Eugene was bidding the guest goodbye as they exited the room. Arianna runs up to her daughters and hugs them tightly. Rapunzel and (Y/n) smiled at their mother, but their smiles were gone when they saw their looking upset.

Later at night, Frederic was sitting on his throne as he was having a long discussion with her daughters.

"So I'm trying to understand this. You two snuck out last night went beyond the walls of Corona, where Rapunzel touched a mysterious rock, that somehow caused her hair to return?" Frederic repeated their explanation.

"Yes." Rapunzel and (Y/n) answered.

"And you both acted alone?" Frederic questioned.

"Look, I know you're angry, but can't you see? (Y/n) and I okay! We're more than okay, we-" Rapunzel was interrupted.

"Rapunzel!" Frederic exclaims, which startled his daughters. "There's something I need to tell you two. I love you both. The night Rapunzel was taken and (Y/n) disappeared, a part of me died, the best part of me. For 18 long and agonizing years I swore that if somehow, someway, by some miracle the fates decided to show mercy and return you both to me, I would never let anything happen to you both again. And now that this has returned, the very reason Rapunzel was snatched away from me and what caused (Y/n) to run away in the first place, I'm afraid I'm left with no choice, girls." He paused as he placed his crown upon his head. "As of tonight, I'm forced to exercise my martial right as king to forbid you two from leaving the walls of this kingdom without my consent."

"Father!" Rapunzel and (Y/n) exclaimed.

"And know this... This is the last we will speak of mystical rocks or magic of any kind to anyone. Is that understood?" Frederic asked his daughters. He gives Rapunzel her tiara.

Rapunzel begins to cry. "There is so much more to us than you think." Rapunzel runs off. Frederic looked at (Y/n) shook her head at him. Tears were streaming down her eyes too. "Dad, why can't you see that Rapunzel and I deserve to be outside!" She runs off, following her big sister. Arianna enters the hall, seeing her daughters running out. She looks back at Frederic, looking defeated.

The sisters were in Rapunzel's room as they were painting in their new journals. Instead of wearing their formal dresses, they were now wearing their regular, princess dresses. Once she was done with her journal, (Y/n) sighs as she lays her head in Rapunzel's lap. Rapunzel saw how much pain her sister feeling, she stroked her hair to comfort her. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. It was Eugene holding two cupcakes. "I believe two sisters ordered room service?"

"Eugene, how did you know?" Rapunzel smiled. (Y/n) gets up as she smiled at her friend.

"Ah, I had a feeling. Look, I just wanted to clear some stuff up." Eugene walks up to the two princesses. He gives them the cupcakes and sits next to Rapunzel. "I haven't had a chance to apologize for putting you on the spot with that proposal, Rapunzel."

"Well looking back, storming out of the room probably wasn't the best reaction. So I'm ... I'm sorry." Rapunzel apologized too.

"No, no don't apologize. Look I'll admit, I don't quite understand why you said "no." But I promise to do everything I can until I do."

"Thanks, Eugene."

"In the meantime, we'll stay right here and take things slowly. I miss this."

"Hey, promise me one more thing."

"Anything."

"That you'll be patient with me."

"Absolutely."

(Y/n) giggles at them. "She's right you know. Just be patient. You guys got a lot of time before you decided to get married. Just use this time to be with friends and family. Who knows, you both might go on an adventure before you get married."

Eugene smiled at (Y/n) and ruffles her hair. "So wise, (Y/n)."

Eugene goes to Rapunzel and kisses her. "Good night, girls."

"Good night, Eugene." The sisters replied back. Once Eugene has left the room, Rapunzel starts singing. With a frown upon her face.

Rapunzel: Back to life after happily ever after
Stuck inside once again and we're gazing out

Rapunzel opens her windows as she gazes out. (Y/n) sits close to her as she joins in the singing.

(Y/n): True we're in here with those we hold dear
Surrounded by their love
And for some, that's more than enough, no doubt

(Y/n) sings as she and her big sister look at the painting of them and their parents. Rapunzel pulls her little sister close to her as they felt depressed about not going outside. They could feel the wind on their skin. They looked at their journals as the pages made it to the finally page. It's shows the quite that their mother told them. They smiled at the quote before they smiled at each other.

Both: But we got the wind in our hair
And a fire within
'Cause there's something beginning
We got a mystery to solve
And excitement to spare
That beautiful breeze blowing through
We're ready to follow it who knows where
And we'll get there, we swear
With the wind in our hair

They stepped outside as they began to sing their hearts out. They were getting excited about themselves being on adventure in the future and finding out the mysterious of this kingdom. As concluded their sing as the wind flowed through their hair.

Back at the broken stone monument, a mysterious figure goes over and view the monument. Leaving another mystery in the future.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 41 8
"𝓞𝓱, 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓵𝔂? 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸... 𝓹𝓾𝓽 𝓪 𝓵𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓸𝓷 𝓲𝓽?" -A collection of oneshots, AUs and headcanons about Cor...
1.4K 35 15
The is a sequel of 'Away from Old Corona'. Plot; Rapunzel got the Moonstone. She has taken her home castle and the Kingdom of Corona. It's up to Euge...
4.7K 69 18
A long-lost princess and a long-lost Alchemy with the longest hair imaginable named Rapunzel and The science Alchemist named Varian, has spent their...
3.4K 36 1
Rapunzel along with Judy return to the kingdom of Corona, only to find it is taken by a old enemy. Now Rapunzel have to use her inner strength to sa...