Remnant's Wolverine (Wolverin...

By jushait

(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your pa... More

Enter Wolverine
Initiation
Players and Pieces
The Burden
Forever Fall
The Stray
Welcome to Beacon
Man and Mutants
omg holy fuck
A Minor Inconvenience
Extracurricular
Burning the Candle
Field Trip Gone Wrong Part. 1
Field Trip Gone Wrong Part. 2
Round One
Never Miss A Beat
Something's Wrong
Goodbye
New Life, New Problems
Daughter
Two In One Body
That Day
Hope
Long Time No See
Complicated Reunion
Fight For What's Right
The Wolverine
Down Memory Lane
Argus
Our Way
Ace-Operatives
Sparks
Gone To Shit
Confession
Out In The Open
With Friends Like These
Divide And Conquer
Strings
A Cinderella Story
War
...
Round Two

The Truth

2.7K 48 47
By jushait

Y/N

Y/N and the others has just finished packing up, they are about to leave when Ruby remembers that she left her Crescent Rose back in her room.

Qrow: Jeez, kiddo.

Ruby: I'll be right back!

Weiss: Don't be too long!

Ruby runs back inside. Y/N walks to where he parked the car, Blake follows him to drop off her bags.

Blake: Where did you get this car?

Y/N: Uh.. Somewhere.

The scene cuts to a flashback. Y/N is holding a man up against the wall.

Y/N: Alright, bub. Never thought I'd see a crook on the upper area of Mistral. (pushes him up the wall) Tell me, where's the car?

Crook: What do you want?!

Y/N: Your car.

Crook: I don't have a car!

Y/N: Oh? So you're just gonna carry this heavy bag filled with dust all the way back to your place? I've already caught your friends.

Crook: Alright! Alright! Here's the key! It's parked just around the block! Now, let me go!

Y/N: (snatches the key) Thanks.

Y/N knocks the crook out and calls the cops to take care of it.

The Flashback ends and the scene cuts back to Y/N closing the car door after he puts in his luggage.

Blake: How did the others feel?

Y/N: What do you mean?

The two walk side by side.

Blake: I mean, did they forgive you?

Y/N: No, no they didn't.

Blake: I thought so.

Y/N looks at Blake and pats her head.

Y/N: It's okay, I don't really care.

Blake smiles sweetly. The two approach the group and see them ready.

Y/N: Here. (gives the keys to Blake) Why don't you start the car?

Blake: Got it. (walks back to the car)

Y/N watches her leave before going to the group.

Qrow: Where's the car?

Y/N: Down the street.

Weiss: Why didn't you just drive the car here, idiot?

Y/N: A little walk couldn't hurt.

Pyrrha: (gestures to Jaune as she walks away) Come on, Jaune.

Jaune: (reaching a hand out) Hey! W-Wait up!

Jaune jogs over to Pyrrha. The group starts walking to the car.

Blake sees the group and moves to the back. The group puts their luggage in the back of the car and gets inside.

Y/N: I'm driving.

Qrow: What? Why? Let me drive.

Y/N: With your mutation? No.

Qrow: Fair enough. (opens the door and sits down)

Nora: This car is HUGE where did you get this?

Y/N: Somewhere.

Ren: Did you steal it?

Y/N: Maybe, maybe not.

Y/N shifts the gear into drive and goes out of the alleyway and onto the road. The group starts chatting to waste time.

Pyrrha: So, Jaune's improved?

Ruby: Yeah! It was so sad too, he trained with th- (Jaune covers her mouth before she says something embarrassing)

Jaune laughs nervously as the group laughs at his actions. Qrow passes Y/N his drink.

Oscar: Uh.. Mr. Y/N? I really don't think you should be drinking.

Y/N: It's all good, Oscar. I'm not easily effected by drinks. You're going to have to trust me.

Oscar nods and looks out. Ruby notices this.

Ruby: What's wrong, Oscar?

Oscar: O-Oh, me? No No, nothing's wrong.

Yang: Just spill it out.

Oscar sighs and looks down before saying.

Oscar: I just.. I'm still worried about.. You know.. This. At least I was in Mistral, somewhere I know, but.. Mantle? That's a whole different continent.

Qrow: Ease up, kid. You got us by your side. Hell, you even got Ozpin.

Oscar: That doesn't get rid of the fact that I'm still scared! I'm not sure if I can make myself to be what the world needs. I'm not even sure if I can fight.

Y/N: Didn't you fight Leo?

Oscar: Yeah, but he was old and he said it himself, he wasn't in the state to fight.

Pyrrha: Oscar, not all of us are brave. Huntsmen don't focus on their fear, rather they focus on their goal.

Ruby: What I said still stands, you being here is already proof enough that you're brave. This phase will pass, and soon enough, you'll be a great Huntsman.

Oscar: (sighs and looks up) Thanks, I.. really needed that.

Ruby: (pats his back) anytime, bud.

Y/N smiles and drinks some more. The scene changes to midnight, and the group was fast asleep. Y/N was getting sleepy so he pulls over to stop the car. He rolls down the windows and stops the engine.

Y/N exits the car to get rid of trash that was inside. He goes back inside and checks for anymore trash left before he shuts his eyes and goes to sleep.

Timeskip

In a snowy area, a train horn can be heard blaring in the distance. The train zooms by a mountainside as it is being chased by winged Grimm called Manticores.

One Manticore flies in but is shot down by something off screen. The Manticore rolls along the train before being sliced by none other than Ruby. The Grimm dissolves and Ruby poses with Crescent Rose behind her back.

Ruby: Got him, now who's next?

A Manticore tries to attack Ruby from behind, but it is stopped by large shards of ice that cause to crash into the mountain. Weiss Schnee zooms by Ruby on her Glyphs.

Weiss: Thank me later!

Weiss proceeds forward and takes down two more Manticores. Meanwhile, Blake Belladonna uses Gambol Shroud's kusarigama form to swing into the air.

Blake: Incoming!

She wraps Gambol Shroud's ribbon around the neck of a Manticore, allowing Yang Xiao Long to punch through it, causing it to dissipate. Yang and Blake land back on the train, standing next to each other.

Yang: Good to see you're not rusty.

The two proceed forward as Team RWBY continue taking down Manticores. The camera pans a few train cars down to see Jaune, Pyrrha, Nora, and Ren, as well as Oscar all climb to the top of the train to join the battle. Oscar runs off towards the front of the train.

Nora: Why is it always something?

Pyrrha: Just keep it towards the back!

The members of Team JNPR join the battle, with Jaune using Crocea Mors' shield to block a Manticore's fireball. Nora uses Magnhild's grenade launcher form to shoot a Manticore at point blank range. Ren fires StormFlower. Pyrrha slices a Manticore with Miló before turning it into it's rifle mode and gunning down other Manticores. Turrets on the train help assist the young Huntsmen and Huntresses with taking Grimm out of the sky.

Nora: Ren!

Nora runs forward and Ren grabs her hand to swing her over to the next train car. She fires off a couple grenades before transforming her weapon into its hammer form and smashing a Manticore in the head.

Oscar: TUNNEL!!

Everyone stops and notices the tunnel ahead.

Ruby: Go!

Everyone proceeds to get below into the train cars. Weiss almost falls off the train when a Manticore's fireball barely misses her. Ruby catches her by her wrist.

Ruby: Thank me later!

Ruby then uses her Semblance and the two of them manage to get below into the train before the tunnel approaches.

Adam

White Fang Goon 01: I can't believe he turned his back on us. He just-

A door is heard opening. Visuals show the door opened in the seemingly empty White Fang Throne Room in Mistral. Voices can be heard as the camera continues to pan down the hall.

Adam: Step away from my throne, we have work to do...

White Fang Goon 02: We? Everyone knows what you did. You abandoned your brothers at Haven!

Adam: (seething) Step. Away. From my-

White Fang Goon 03: We're not taking orders from you anymore! We heard you folded the moment you got sass from the Belladonna girl. I guess she's got more control over you than you--

Suddenly, a slash is heard.

White Fang Goon 01: What? No.

More sounds of slashes and battle are heard as the camera pans over many dead bodies of White Fang soldiers, bloodied and strewn about the floor. The camera stops to show Adam himself sitting on the throne rubbing his chin.

Adam: The Belladonna girl... (stands up) Blake...

Suddenly, Adam uses his Semblance to slash at the throne. He grits his teeth and lets out a loud yell of rage.

Y/N

A busy train station in Mistral is shown. People go about their business whether they be buying a train ticket, going shopping, eating food, and more. Holographic screens show different locations, amongst them are Argus, Wind Path, Kuchinashi, Shion, and Vale, the latter shown to be crossed out with an "Out of Service" message next to it. Qrow Branwen can be heard narrating a letter he wrote to James Ironwood, detailing recent events.

Qrow: It's been two weeks since the attack on Haven. The official report states that the plot to destroy Mistral's CCT Tower was thwarted by Ghira Belladonna and the Faunus militia group from Menagerie. A Huntsman and some students coincidentally visiting the headmaster were also able to lend some assistance. Unfortunately, Leonardo Lionheart lost his life while trying to defend his school. And those responsible for organizing the attack managed to escape. As I'm sure you can guess, there's a lot more to this report than I'm willing to say in this letter. But for now, what I'm trying to say is that we're on our way to Atlas, James. There's a good chance we'll get there before this letter does, but in case we don't, I need you to know that we're bringing a lot more than bad news with us. See you soon, Qrow.

Qrow places the letter in a mail box. Suddenly, his niece runs by and bumps into Y/N.

Y/N: Hey, what's with the running?

Ruby: And what's with the standing? It's almost time!

Ruby sees the people chattering in the station lobby. She uses her Semblance to get something and fly through the gate. She then emerges smiling and humming, approaching the benches where her companions, minus Blake, are waiting.

Yang: And?

Ruby: (shows them a bag) Ahh!

Weiss: What an absolute waste of time-

Yang: What did you get me?

Ruby: (singsong) You'll have to wait and see!

Yang: No fair!

After Ruby sticks her tongue, Yang attempts to snatch the bag from Ruby, who recoils; then Nora jumps from between them.

Nora: Oh, I can't believe we're taking the train to Argus! The beautiful northern coastline... You really think it's too early for beach season?

A daydream of a shirtless Ren holding a beach ball by the sea... which as it pans down, turns out to be by Ren himself. The imaginary ball in his hands pops.

Ren: Unfortunately, but we will be one step closer to Atlas.

Weiss: (unamused) Well, I'm glad you're all excited. But I don't think you appreciate the trouble I went through to leave Atlas.

Ruby: I know you're worried, Weiss, but trust us. Team RWBY won't leave your side for a second! I promise.

Dee: No one's gotta be worried with us around.

A pair of Huntsmen, Dee and Dudley, confront Ruby and her friends with proud looks on their faces, holding their weapons.

Qrow: And you are?

Dee: Why Dee and Dudley of course. The Argus Limited's very own Huntsmen. We'll be keeping everyone safe as we pass through Grimm territory.

Dudley: But for a generous tip, we can make sure your passenger car gets extra special attention should things get dangerous.

Dudley winks as Ruby, Pyrrha, Weiss, Yang and Nora give unamused looks; Nora has her arms crossed and Weiss rolls her eyes. They turn to Qrow's voice when they heard him.

Y/N: (off screen) Yeah, I got a tip for ya.

Dee and Dudley: Huh?

Dee and Dudley turn to see Y/N confronting them. Y/N has his hands in his pockets and gives Dee and Dudly a glare.

Y/N: Fuck off. (stands between Ruby and Yang as they make faces, mocking Dee and Dudly in the background) Looks like Mistral's really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.

Dee: Hey! You're talking to a-

Qrow: (holds his huntsman license, showing Dee and Dudley) A professional Huntsman, right. Well, it seems one of you heroes left the staff entrance to the caboose wide open.

Dee and Dudley turn around to the left in surprise at this revelation.

Y/N: (crosses his arms) It'd be a shame to lose your job before it even started.

Dudley: I... I didn't do it!

Dee: (scoffs) Come on, dummy.

Dee and Dudley walks away from them. Oscar Pine watches the two leaving.

Dee: (arguing with Dudley) Well, I didn't do it either...

Ozpin: (mentally) I do hope those weren't Beacon graduates.

Oscar: You know sometimes the burden of saving the world feels overwhelming. (turns to everyone) But then people like that come along and make me grateful that it's our jobs and not theirs.

Everyone collectively agrees with Oscar as they nod at him together.

Ruby: Uh-huh.

Jaune: Yeah.

Qrow: So, you kids ready to go? Bike all loaded up?

Yang: Yep!

Weiss: Just waiting on Blake. As usual.

Up in the walkways above them, Blake is seen conversing with Ilia Amitola, who is no longer wearing her usual White Fang garb and is in something more casual.

Ilia: I still don't feel like I deserve the freedom you and your family granted me.

Blake: (smiling) Well, you're going to have to get over it, Ilia. Saving Haven had a huge impact on how Faunus are seen in Mistral. Now it's up to you all to take the progress and keep running with it.

Ilia: Right. The White Fang may have been a failure, but with your father starting up a new movement, I've got more faith than ever before. (runs up to Blake and gives her a big hug.) Thank you, Blake, for everything. (choking up) I wish you didn't have to go.

The two then part from the hug.

Blake: I know, but my team needs me. We're going to track down the people responsible for the attack on Haven and the fall of Beacon.

Ilia: (giggles) Always trying to save the world.

Blake: More than you realize.

Ilia: Hey, I know your parents already saw you off, but where's--?

Sun: Sun? Oh, he's right here!

Sun Wukong shows up a few feet away from them. Blake walks over to him.

Sun: What? You didn't think I was gonna miss your big send-off, did you?

Neptune Vasilias suddenly pops up from behind him.

Neptune: He definitely overslept and absolutely almost missed this.

Sun growls at Neptune before shushing him. Blake laughs. Neptune shoves Sun forward.

Neptune: Hey, Blake. (to Sun) Now would you hurry up? Need I remind you we have our own trip to plan? (noticing Ilia) Oh, I didn't know Ilia was gonna be here. I'll, uh, I'll give you two a moment. (to Ilia) Hey, almost didn't see you there, 'cause, you know, the camouflage?

Blake helplessly reaches her hand out to stop Neptune, but fails to. Sun shakes his head.

Blake: Wrong tree...

Sun: He'll figure it out.

Blake: So, you're really going to Vacuo?

Sun: That's right! Seeing you reunited with the rest of Team RWBY really made me realize something - I'm like the worst team leader ever and a REALLY bad boyfriend. Me and the boys were cool with a little hiatus, but we gotta make up for lost time. Shade Academy's not dealing with any problems like Haven right now. Plus, that means I can show the guys around my old stomping grounds! And also not getting shouted at by my girl..

Blake: I have to admit, I think I was kind of getting used to having you around.

Sun: I go where I'm needed!

A yellow, sun-like backdrop appears as Sun stands proudly.

Sun: And... you don't need me anymore.

At this, Blake frowns.

Blake: Well, when you say it like that, it sounds sad.

Sun: (putting a reassuring hand on Blake's shoulder.) Look... despite the drama and the fighting and the numerous attempts on my life, I had a lot of fun! But you're with who you're supposed to be now.

The two look down at the floor below them at Blake's friends and Y/N.

Blake: (smiling) Sun... I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you enough. I'm still-

Sun: You're still working a lot of things out, I know. But you can do it with them. And in the future, who knows?

Sun smiles as he proudly balls his fist in front of him. He lowers his fist down as Blake smiles.

After saying goodbye to Blake, Sun and Neptune walk down some stairs.

Neptune: (sighs) I don't know, man. It just feels like you're letting her go.

Sun: Unlike you, I'm loyal to my girl. Besides, now that your leader's back and hardened from battle, I've gotta focus all of my time into getting you boys ready for the wastelands!

Neptune groans and walks ahead of him. Sun shrugs in confusion.

The train, Argus Limited, is seen traveling in the snowy countryside along a mountain. Inside, passengers walk through the halls. An elderly woman is seen passing by a room that Team RWBY is staying in. The four girls are all on beds reminiscent to their old dorm room from Beacon. Weiss is reading a book, Ruby plays a game on her Scroll, Yang is reading a magazine, and Blake is looking out the window.

Ruby: All right, girls, I think it's time for an official team exercise. (enthusiastically) Who wants to play video games?

Yang: I mean, if you want me to kick your butt, yeah sure. Let me grab my scroll.

Yang goes to grab her scroll from her bag. Blake notices this and quickly walks over to her.

Blake: Here, let me help you with that.

Blake helps get Yang's bag down from the shelf, much to Yang's dismay.

Yang: Blake, you don't have to that. (takes her bag)

Blake: (saddened) I don't know what you're talking about.

Yang: I'm fine. We're gonna be fine. It's just gonna be a bit before things are back to normal. But... I am glad we're all back together.

The two smile at each other, with Ruby and Weiss joining in as well.

Blake: Yeah, okay.

Qrow: How touching.

Qrow is at the doorway holding a cocktail in his hand.

Ruby: Oh hey, Uncle Qrow! You wanna play too?

Qrow: (chuckles) Kick your butts? Sure.

Y/N was in the bar, he orders a beer and waits for it. The Bartender came back and gives him the drink.

Suddenly, the train jolts, causing Y/N to drop his drink. Passengers can be heard screaming in fear.

Y/N: Fuck.

Blake: What was that?

Weiss: Exactly what it sounds like.

Blake: Just my luck.

Qrow: (looking out the window) It's not yours... grab your weapons!

Qrow runs out of the room and Team RWBY follow suit, grabbing their respective weapons on their way out the door. Y/N climbs to the top of the train and notices a group of Manticores approaching from the back. Dee and Dudley are already up top and prepare to fight the Grimm. A much larger Grimm, a Sphinx, lands on the train and lets out a loud roar.

A few train cars down, Team RWBY and Qrow join Y/N as they too arrive on top of the train with their weapons out. Dee charges his weapon, an electrical spiked club, and charges forward to attack. The Sphinx roars and a Manticore flies by to snatch up Dee.

Dudley: Dee!!

Dudley watches helplessly while his partner is dragged down to the forest to his unfortunate death. The Sphinx roars again and all of the Manticores fly forward to attack.

Blake: What's the plan, Ruby?

Ruby: Don't let anyone else die!

With that, Team RWBY, Qrow and Y/N charge forward into battle. Down below in the train, Oscar opens up a window to see the commotion, a Manticore barely missing him.

Ozpin: Shall I?

Oscar: No, I'm keeping control.

Oscar walks out and bumps into Jaune, with Ren, Nora and Pyrrha behind him.

Jaune: What's going on?

Oscar tries to answer, but is interrupted by another jolt as passengers scream in fear. Jaune's expression then turns determined.

Back outside, The group get to work on cutting down Manticores. Dudley runs toward the front of the train and takes his scroll out, activating the train's defense systems.

Dudley: Come on, come on.

The train's armor activates, with reinforced plating covering most of the train while metal bars criss-cross on the windows. After that, a series of turrets rise above the train and begin targeting the midair Grimm. A group of Manticores get shot down.

Dudley: Ah, yes! (pumps his fist)

Meanwhile, Qrow engages the Sphinx, using the scythe form of Harbinger to attack. The Sphinx tries to crush Qrow with its paw, but Qrow manages to transform into his avian form before changing back to land an attack from above. The turrets fire at the Sphinx from behind, causing it let out another loud roar.

Two Manticores fly down, one does a tuck and roll into a turret, destroying it. The other evades turret blasts and spits a fireball at one, destroying it. The passengers inside the turret's train car scream as it jolts from being destroyed.

Y/N: (to Dudley) Hey! What are you doing?

Oscar and Team JNPR climb up to the top of the train to join the battle, bringing events back to the beginning of the episode. This time from a different perspective.

Nora: Why is it always something?!

Oscar runs over to Qrow, who is shooting at Grimm.

Oscar: How can I help?

Qrow: You can get that idiot to shut off the turrets. They're just drawing the Grimm toward the passengers!

Oscar: Right!

Oscar runs forward, dodging Grimm attacks along the way. He manages to approach Dudley, who is firing at Grimm with his own rifle.

Oscar: Stop! You've gotta shut the turrets off!

Dudley: Are you crazy? No way!

A turret continues fire, knocking more Grimm out of the sky.

Dudley: Yes! Another one down!

Oscar: (placing his hand on Dudley) Stop! We have to lure the Grimm to the back.

Dudley: What does it matter if they're dead? (shoves Oscar off and continues to fire at the Manticores)

Suddenly, they notice the Sphinx and the rest of the Grimm fly off the train, keeping their distance.

Dudley: Where are they going?

Oscar, realizing something, quickly turns around.

Oscar: TUNNEL!!

Dudley: Huh?

They take notice of the fast approaching tunnel. Oscar quickly gets below the train. Dudley does the same, but inadvertently leaves his arm stretched out as it impacts the wall of the tunnel. The screen goes black as the sound of a bone snap and Dudley yelling in pain is heard.

Team RWBY and JNPR quickly run into the train car as Oscar tends to Dudley, who holds his bruised arm in pain. Qrow enters and approaches Dudley.

Qrow: I said, turn those damn things off! (picks up Dudley and shoves him into the wall)

Dudley: (groaning in pain) Those things are keeping us alive!

Qrow: Us, sure, but they're putting the passengers in danger!

Dudley: I'm the one they hired for this job, okay?! I'm in charge here!

Qrow: Forgive me if I'm not exactly reassured.

While the two argue, Ruby looks out the window and notices the Manticores enter the tunnel, continuing their pursuit of the train. She then looks behind her friends at the passengers, a baby can be heard crying as passengers murmur among themselves. Ruby then walks forward to her uncle and Dudley.

Dudley: Get off me!

Qrow: Look, if you bozos had been doing your job instead of shaking down passengers, maybe we wouldn't be in this-

Ruby stops her uncle and walks up to Dudley.

Ruby: Please just shut off the turrets.

Jaune: Trust us, we know what we're doing.

Jaune activates his Semblance to heal Dudley's arm. Dudley looks to the students before giving his answer.

Dudley: Fine.

Ruby nods.

Pyrrha: Ren, could you use your Semblance to mask everyone on this train? With the guns off and emotions hidden, they might lose track of us!

Ren: Hm, I never attempted to affect this many people.

Ruby: Well, you've never had Jaune's help before.

Weiss: He could amplify your Aura!

Qrow: Yeah, that's an alright plan.

Nora: Don't look so worried, Ren. You can totally do this!

Ozpin: (mentally) May I?

Oscar's eyes glow as Ozpin takes over.

Ozpin: I'm afraid there's one complication... The Grimm are also attracted to this. (gestures to the Relic of Knowledge on his hip)

Dudley: What's that?

Qrow: None of your business. Oz, are you serious?

Yang: Why wouldn't you tell us that?!

Ozpin: I-

Y/N cuts in as he walks to them with damaged clothes.

Y/N: It doesn't matter right now.

Yang crosses her arms.

Y/N: Every second we're on board this train, we're putting everyone else in danger. Get the passengers to the front cars, you'll still mask the emotions and kill the turrets... we just can't come with you. If we cut the back cars with us and the Relic on them, we can deal with the Grimm. You just make sure the rest of the train makes it safely to Argus.

Upon hearing this, Jaune finishes up healing Dudley's arm and walks over to Y/N with a conflicted expression.

Jaune: Only if you'll promise you'll meet us there.

Y/N: (grinning) Promise.

With that, Team JNPR begins evacuating all of the passengers to the front half of the train. The elderly woman from earlier is seen walking, taking a look behind her.

Outside, the turrets are shut off. Blake jumps down and decouples the train, allowing the front half to continue forward. When she looks up, she notices a hooded figure resembling Adam in front of her on the next train car. Blake prepares for a fight, but then realizes that no one is there and it was just her imagination. Blake sighs before jumping back up to the top of the train. Ruby is seen a few train cars down looking at her scroll, which shows portraits of her teammates and Nora, the latter's signal low compared to the rest. Ruby looks back up and notices the Manticores and Sphinx exiting the tunnel and taking flight once again. The Sphinx lands on the train.

Ruby: Now!

Nora gets Ruby's message and gives the okay to Jaune and Ren. The two boys combine their Semblances, with Jaune enhancing Ren's Aura to the point where the entire front half of the train is grayed out by Ren's Semblance. Oscar watches the train as it disappears into the snowstorm, before being attacked by a Manticore. He manages to fend it off temporarily while team RWBY take out several Manticores one by one. Ruby notices Oscar's struggle and takes advantage of Weiss taking one down in order to send it crashing into Oscar's Manticore. Meanwhile, Qrow is seen struggling against the Sphinx. Ruby notices this and she and her team go to assist him.

Ruby: We need to ground it!

Blake: On it! Yang!

Y/N takes out a Manticore before launching off it and runs towards the Sphinx, ducking under it. Blake spins her weapon, with Yang punching it back and forth, the ribbon wrapping around the Sphinx's torso. Yang punches Gambol Shroud one more time, embedding the blade to the train's roof, and she and Blake pull the ribbon together, keeping the Sphinx down. Weiss uses her Glyphs to freeze the Sphinx's wings, with Qrow and Ruby shooting at them, shattering them.

The uncle and niece ready their scythes as the Sphinx prepares to launch one more fireball. Qrow and Ruby launch forward, spinning their scythes together rapidly as they bisect the Sphinx's torso, Y/N lunges forward from behind the group and slices the Sphinx in half, finishing it off for good.

Before it dies however, the Sphinx launches the fireball, destroying the rails in front of the train. Weiss activates her black Glyphs to hold everyone in place as the train derails and crashes into the snow.

The back half of the Argus Limited is completely derailed, with the train cars crashed in the snow. Y/N, Qrow, Oscar, and Team RWBY all get back up.

Y/N: Is everyone okay?

Qrow: All good.

Weiss: I'm fine.

Blake: Yeah.

Then, an unfamiliar voice is heard.

Maria: Still alive!

Everyone looks up and notices the elderly woman, Maria Calavera, stepping out from the train.

Maria: That sure was a close one, huh?

Nothing could be seen but darkness, until...

Cinder Fall's body is seen floating in water, ice chunks surrounding her. A closeup of her right eye suddenly opens up, twitching as she comes to terms with her current situation. Bubbles escape from her mouth as she struggles to get upright in the water. She activates her Maiden powers. The screen goes black, only Cinder gasping for breath is heard.

She is next seen crawling out of the pool of water onto the shore of an underground cave. Cinder holds her hand out and tries to activate a small flame in her hands, but it dies out quickly.

Cinder grunts in frustration, slamming her Grimm-like fist to the ground, unknowingly opening up an exit to the cave. She looks up to see light pouring through the crack as well as the sound of howling wind. Cinder then looks up to notice the Vault under Haven Academy where she fought against Raven Branwen. Cinder then uses her Grimm fist to punch at the crack in the wall.

Cinder staggers out of the cave and into the rain. She struggles to walk for a bit before collapsing to the ground, dragging herself through the mud. A woman can be heard approaching her.

Woman: Gods, are you okay?

The woman, holding a basket of food, looks down at Cinder in concern.

Woman: Where did you...?

Cinder crawls forward, revealing her Grimm arm. The woman gasps and drops her basket. Cinder then looks up to the frightened woman, activating her Maiden powers and smiling evilly...

2 Days before the departure to Atlas, Ruby Rose

Ruby: We need to take the Relic to Atlas?

Team RWBY, JNPR, Y/N, and Qrow are seen back at the house in Mistral.

Y/N: That's what Oz said.

Everybody looks to Weiss Schnee.

Weiss: You've got to be joking...

Nora: I mean, on the bright side, we finally get out of this house!

Weiss sighs.

Qrow: Well trust me, I'm not crazy about it either. And without the Spring Maiden here to seal the Relic back in its Vault, it's our best option.

Ren: Atlas may be the safest kingdom we have at the moment, but their borders are closed. General Ironwood called everyone back.

Qrow: Eh, not everyone. (activates his Scroll, showing a hologram of a highlighted portion of land) The city of Argus is a ways north of us and it's the primary trading port between Anima and Solitas. They've got the largest Atlas military base outside the kingdom. There's no way they'd leave it abandoned, and if we play our cards right, I think there's a good chance we could convince them to escort us straight to Ironwood.

Blake: I mean, we do have the missing Heiress to the Schnee Dust Company.

Weiss: Ex-Heiress, actually.

Y/N: True, true. But if there's a chance of reward money, I say we go for it.

Weiss: Ugh...

Ozpin: Hopefully the first option will suffice.

Oscar Pine, letting Ozpin take over, walks into the room.

Qrow: Glad to see you're feeling better.

Ozpin: Likewise, and while I'm sure we could all use more time to recover, I'm afraid time is of the essence.

Blake: Right, as long as that thing's out in the open, its power could fall into the wrong hands.

Jaune: Speaking of, what does it do exactly? Qrow never really told us.

Everyone looks to Ozpin, who turns around to face them.

Ozpin: Of course. (detaches the Relic from his hip) The Relic of Knowledge has a wonderful, and incredibly dangerous ability. (the Relic grows into it's original size as it was found) Its user can ask any question, and the lamp will provide an answer.

Ozpin places the Relic down, and it floats on the table.

Ren: (in awe) Intriguing...

Blake: That's incredible...

Ozpin: Indeed. However, it's not without drawbacks. The lamp cannot tell of events that have yet to happen, and it will only ever answer three and maybe if we're lucky, four questions every one hundred years.

Yang: Well, I guess that's not so bad. Adds a lot of pressure though.

Nora: Then let's put it to a vote! What should we ask first? Oh! Can we ask for more questions? CAN WE ASK FOR MORE QUESTIONS?!

Ren: (facepalming) They're not wishes...

Ozpin: (chuckling) I'm afraid you won't be able to ask it anything at the moment. (Nora grunts in frustration) The questions were used before I sealed it away.

Ruby: Well, at least now we know what it is. And we'll be sure to keep it safe!

Back in the present day, Ruby scours through the train wreckage and picks up Dust bullets, before looking to see the Relic of Knowledge slightly buried in the snow nearby. Yang can be heard complaining as she struggles to get Bumblebee out of the snow.

Yang: Great! This is just great! We're stranded, we lost a third of our party, and we've gained a defenseless old lady!

With one final heave, Yang manages to extricate Bumblebee, but falls over to the ground, with her motorcycle following suit as she's partially covered in snow.

Maria: My name is Maria Calavera, and I am not defenseless! I'm just a little hard of hearing. And blind without my eyes, that are in desperate need of repair. (taps on her prosthetics, which open wide and close, before opening narrowly again.) Okay, I'm starting to see your point.

Y/N: (grunts) Yang, knock it off, will ya? If we lose our cool now, we'll just be inviting even more Grimm.

Blake: Does that even matter? Apparently, we've been attracting Grimm ever since we left Haven.

Yang: Oh, and how could I forget about that? (turns to Oscar) What happened to no more lies and half truths?

Oscar: Yeah, I think it's time we got an explanation...

Oscar's eyes glow as control of his body is switched to Ozpin, who furrows his brow at Yang's accusations.

Ozpin: I did not lie to you...

Weiss: Well you certainly didn't tell us everything about the Relic.

Ozpin: Please, now is not the time.

Yang: No, we're past that! I wanna know why you're still not telling us everything!

Ozpin: It is true that the Grimm are attracted to the Relics. It's faint, but undeniable. I believe it has to do with their origin, but I'm not entirely sure. Regardless, I feared that making you all aware would only add anxiety and negativity. It seemed like the safer option.

Weiss: You know, I'm getting real tired of people choosing what's best for me.

Yang: Is that why you chose to lie to everyone about Lionheart too?

Ozpin: Yes, as a matter of fact, I believed the Kingdom of Mistral deserved better than the truth. And I believed Leonardo deserved to be remembered for his lifetime of service, and not for the unfortunate missteps he made in his final years.

Yang: Missteps?!

Ozpin: What Professor Lionheart did was reprehensible. I am not here to argue differently, but does one lapse in judgment truly negate all of his good? Do we not all have regrets? You may have met Professor Lionheart, but you never met the man he was before Salem found him.

Yang: Look, we're supposed to be in this together. You can trust us! We're not gonna turn our backs on you.

Ozpin: (raising his voice) Do you really think Leo was the first?!

Everyone stops.

Ozpin: That he didn't say those exact same words to me? I'm sorry, but you have to understand that my behaviors are backed by experience. I'm not saying that I have reason to think you will betray me. I'm saying that I have reasons for the things that I do, the secrets I keep, the reason I... (suddenly stops and realizes something) Where's the Relic?

Ruby: Right here. (holds it in her hands) It got scattered in the crash.

Ozpin: Please, hand it over.

Ozpin reaches his hand out, but Ruby hesitates.

Ruby: So all those times you talked about having faith in humanity, that was just for everyone else?

Ozpin: (sighs) That's not what I meant to suggest. Miss Rose, the Relic is a powerful item and I simply feel as though it is my burden to bear.

Ruby: But, you said it couldn't do anything right now.

Blake: Why does it matter who carries it?

Ozpin: I need you to listen to me-

Ozpin reaches his hand out, but suddenly is stopped, stuck in his position.

Y/N: Oz?

Oscar: (fighting back for control) Hurry... he's... trying to stop you!

Yang: Stop her from what?

Oscar: He's afraid... you'll find out what he's... hiding!

Oscar suddenly collapses, Yang, Weiss and Blake glare at the boy with intense looks while Ruby holds the Relic of Knowledge defensively.

Oscar: Her name is Jinn. Say her name to summon her.

Y/N: Her name?

The wind picks up much more gradually, blowing snow even harder. The Relic starts to glow in Ruby's hands.

Ruby: Jinn?

Suddenly, the snow stops, floating in midair. The wind stops blowing too.

Qrow: What?

Ruby then lets go of the Relic as it floats a short distance away, cyan smoke emanates from it. Suddenly, the lamp is enveloped in the smoke, and from it, a giant, semi-nude feminine figure emerges. Her skin and hair colored blue, and decorated with gold jewelry and ornaments. The figure stretches and moans as she has been awakened once again. This is Jinn, the aforementioned being inhabiting the Relic of Knowledge.

Jinn: Wonderful.

Everyone stares in awe at Jinn.

Jinn: Tell me, what knowledge do you seek?

Cinder Fall

Back in Mistral, Cinder, now dressed in the clothes of the woman she encountered earlier, steps out of an alleyway. Her Grimm arm is bandaged up. She looks to her left and notices a holographic screen showing portraits of her and her allies. A subtitle below says "LAST KNOWN LOCATION: HAVEN ACADEMY, APPROXIMATELY ONE MONTH AGO".

Newscaster: The perpetrators, Cinder Fall, Hazel Rainart, Emerald Sustrai, and Mercury Black have still not been seen since the attack and are presumed to have fled the city. The Mistral police department is offering a reward to any citizen...

Cinder, realizing she's a wanted criminal, puts her hood up to conceal her identity. She walks out into the rainy streets of Mistral, among crowds of people with their umbrellas up. People still carry out their businesses as usual, both legally and illegally. As Cinder continues walking, she notices a symbol - a spiderweb with a spider in it - etched into the wall.

Cinder then walks into a restaurant, with some of the customers bearing tattoos similar to the symbol she found. She then walks up to Lil' Miss Malachite, who she presumed is leader of the gang. Lil' Miss notices her just as she was about to have her meal.

Lil' Miss: That's far enough.

Her two bodyguards walk up to Cinder, blocking her way. Cinder tosses down a sack full of Lien on the table.

Lil' Miss: Okay.

The bodyguards step back and Cinder takes a seat across from her.

Cinder: You're Lil' Miss Malachite?

Lil' Miss: (takes out her hand fan) I'm Lil' Miss Gon'-Skin-You-Alive if you ever take that tone with me again. (looks to the Lien on the table) Looks like your life's savings.

Cinder: It was somebody's.

Lil' Miss: (laughs) Cute. (closes her hand fan) What do you want for it?

Cinder pulls out her scroll, showing portraits of Jaune, Ren, Pyrrha, Nora, Team RWBY and Y/N.

Cinder: I'm looking for these travelers.

Lil' Miss: Well, sweetheart, you came to the right place.

Cinder jolts a little as she looks behind her, noticing a man entering and being greeted by his group of friends sitting around a table.

Lil' Miss: (chuckles) A little jumpy today, hmm? You know, I used to be afraid of spiders. Want to know what I did about it?

Cinder: Learn to kill them?

Lil' Miss: Oh no, the world needs spiders. I just made the spiders work for me.

Cinder looks around, noticing all of the customers have the tattoo of spiderweb, insinuating that they all work for Lil' Miss.

Lil' Miss: Give us a week, we'll find your travelers.

Cinder then gets up and leaves.

Bodyguard: Lil' Miss, we already know where they are. That big guy asked about 'em last week.

Lil' Miss: I know we know, but what we don't know is who here in Mistral might be asking about her...

Y/N

Back in the snow, Maria adjusts her goggles to get a better look at what's in front of her.

Jinn: I am Jinn, a being created by the God of Light to aid Humanity in its pursuit of knowledge. I've been graced with the ability to answer three or four questions every one hundred years. You're in luck, as I am still able to answer-

Ozpin: That's enough!

Everyone looks to Ozpin, who managed to regain control over Oscar's body.

Jinn: ...three questions this era.

Everyone is shocked, despite Ozpin telling them that the Relic won't work for them beforehand.

Jinn: (chuckles) It's a pleasure to see you again, old man.

Ozpin: Ruby, please... Don't.

Qrow glances to Ozpin, and steps forward.

Qrow: Hey.

Suddenly, Yang, Weiss, and Blake get defensive at Qrow. Ruby stares in disbelief.

Qrow: (relenting) Do whatever you think is right, kiddo.

Ruby: (pondering her question) Jinn?

Ruby turns around to face Jinn, who has a curious look on her face, while Ozpin grits his teeth in anger.

Ruby: What is Ozpin hiding from us?

Ozpin: NOOOOOOO!!

Ruby gasps and looks behind her. Ozpin lunges forward and is about to touch her, but suddenly, Ruby finds herself alone in a blank white space.

Ruby: Wha- what? Weiss? Yang?

Ruby goes off screen, Yang comes from her position.

Yang: Blake? Ru--

Yang goes off screen, and Weiss then appears, also calling out for their team leader.

Weiss: -by? Ruby?

Weiss goes off screen, and Blake then appears.

Blake: Yang?

Suddenly, an environment manifests, showing a path leading to a castle in the distance. A woman humming can be heard in the background.

Jinn: (narrating) Once upon a time, there stood a lonely tower...

Smoke envelops Blake, and Qrow appears where she was. He looks behind him.

Jinn: ...that sheltered a lonely girl.

Y/N appears from the smoke as he looks around cautiously.

A rather beautiful woman sitting in front of a mirror then appears. Ruby is seen walking up to her.

Jinn: Named... Salem.

A blue smoke appears, revealing Salem staring from her window of the tower, her arms crossed. A woman humming can be heard in the background.

Jinn: (narrating) Locked away by her cruel father, Salem was a girl who desired but one thing: freedom.

Salem walks away with sadness as Ruby Rose watches her do so when Salem passed by her.

Jinn: She lived in a time when kings and their kingdoms were plentiful, when men and women were capable of greatness, and magic was a gift from the gods that all could wield.

Salem sits down and leans against the vanity. She holds her left hand, using her magic; four magical spheres with a magic circle in six basic colors appear over her hand.

Jinn: And yet, there she sat within her tower.

As Salem looks down, the blue smoke reappears and envelops Salem to the next scene. It reforms the castle Salem resides in.

Jinn: Until one day, a legendary hero came to brave the challenges within the tower's walls.

A young man in armor and a cape wielding a scepter appears standing proudly in front of the tower. Qrow Branwen can be seen walking up to him.

Jinn: The people of the lands knew him as Ozma.

Qrow waves his hand in front of Ozma's face, but the latter proceeds forward unfazed, simply phasing through Qrow's hand.

Jinn: Unlike those who had come before, this warrior was not driven by the prize of the young maiden's hand. He fought only for righteousness, and his pure heart and courageous soul prevailed.

As Ozma walks up to the tower, other warriors are shown falling in battle. Blue smoke reforms the scene once again, this time showing Ozma using his scepter to strike down a dark-armored figure. Ozma then opens up a door leading to Salem's room, where she stands up and offers a grateful smile to him. Blue smoke reforms the scene of them battling side by side with their magic powers.

Jinn: They escaped the wretched fortress, and yet something bound them together.

Smoke reforms the scene showing Ozma and Salem running away from the tower holding hands together. Once at a safe distance, the two stop to catch their breath before looking to each other.

Jinn: Ozma had been ready to give his life for justice countless times, but now saw a woman worth saving it for. And Salem, to her surprise, found her freedom not in the outside world she had yearned for, but in the eyes of the man that had saved her.

Salem: So, where should we go now?

Ozma: (offering his hand to her) Wherever you'd like.

Jinn: The two fell deeply in love, planned adventures around the world, and lived happily ever after.

Smoke envelops the environment around Ozma and Salem as the two hold hands. The two disappear into a bright light of white space.

Jinn: Or at least that's what should have been.

Smoke then reforms the scene showing Salem kneeling at an unconscious Ozma's bedside. Salem holds Ozma's hand and can be heard sobbing.

Jinn: Ozma, the infallible hero of legend, fell ill. And where all the beasts and blades of the world had fallen short, a single sickness prevailed.

Ozma's body disappears in smoke as Salem continues sobbing, holding his scepter in her hands. Weiss Schnee can be seen behind her watching.

Salem: How could the gods let this happen?

As Weiss continues to watch in pity, she looks up to notice two spheres - one bright yellow and the other a dark purple - circling above her head.

Jinn: The gods, brothers of light and darkness, creation and destruction. Salem prayed they would see the injustice that had befallen her love and make things right.

The two orbs encircling above lower down, with Blake Belladonna watching the two conjoin in front of her. A bright light and blue smoke transitions the scene, this time showing a brightly lit place with a stairway leading up the mountain.

Jinn: The Domain of Light was a sacred place.

Salem approaches the stairway, offering flowers. She holds Ozma's scepter in her hand.

Jinn: It was here the elder brother dwelled beside his fountain of life and creation. It was here... where mankind would fall to ruin.

Y/N watches Salem walk up the stairs as smoke transitions the scene again, with Salem now at the top of the mountain as she looks upon the Domain of Light, valley filled with flowers with a pool of water and a tree at the center. Leaves blow from the tree and encircles above the water, and from it, the God of Light rises from the pool. He walks forward to Salem.

Salem: (falling to her knees) Please... Please, bring him back to me.

God of Light: I understand your pain, but you demand of me that which I cannot make so. Life and death are part of a delicate balance.

Salem: So... you won't do it then?

God of Light: To disrupt the cycle of--

Salem: But that's not fair... That's not fair!

Salem's voice echoes throughout the Domain from her last exclamation.

God of Light: (sternly) Let. Him. Rest.

The wind picks up, causing leaves to blow around Salem. Suddenly, she finds herself back at the bottom of the stairway leading to the Domain of Light. She looks to Ozma's scepter in her hands before looking up angrily.

Salem: No.

Blue smoke transitions the scene again, this time showing a dark, foreboding environment with a stairway leading up the mountain, similarly mirroring that of the Domain of Light's.

Jinn: The God of Darkness...

Salem approaches some skeletal remains at the bottom of the stairs.

Jinn: None dare to enter his home, as men knew what monstrosities emerged from his blackened pools of annihilation.

Salem proceeds forward, approaching a blackened pool of tar-like liquid similar to that of which the Creatures of Grimm spawn from.

Jinn: And so you must understand the Dark Lord's surprise when he found a lone woman kneeling before him.

From the blackened pool, the God of Darkness emerges, his body twisted and contorted. Yang Xiao Long is seen standing a few feet away from Salem, gasping in fear at the sight. The God of Darkness crawls toward Salem in an unnatural position. Grimm can be seen inching closer to her.

Jinn: Salem understood it well. She told him of her loss and professed that she knew only he could answer her prayers, all while careful to make no mention of his elder.

Salem is seen telling her story to the God of Darkness before offering Ozma's scepter to him.

God of Darkness: Rise, child, and let your faith in me be rewarded.

Salem does so. The God of Darkness then conjures a purple sphere, and from it, Ozma's body appears. Salem approaches him, and Ozma gasps back to life.

Ozma: Where am I? What is this?! WHERE AM I?!!

Salem: (smiling) It's okay! Everything's going to be okay!

Suddenly, the God of Light appears with a sound of thunder at the top of the stairs leading into the God of Darkness' domain.

God of Light: (angered) What have you done?

God of Darkness: I have done what I please, brother. You may bask in the powers of creation, but you do not own them.

God of Light: This is not creation.

God of Darkness: Do not lecture me!

The Grimm can be seen slowly approaching the God of Light.

God of Light: I will do what I must to maintain order.

The God of Light puts his hand out, and an orange aura surrounds Ozma's body, before he disintegrates in Salem's arms.

Salem: No! No! What did you do?! BRING HIM BACK!

God of Darkness: You dare enter my domain and show such disrespect!

The God of Darkness makes Ozma's body appear again.

Salem: Ozma!

God of Light: I am abiding by the rules we agreed upon!

God of Darkness: Rules that I now see are ever in your favor. And yet the day a mortal comes to pray at my feet before your own, so do you arrive to lay your judgment upon me!

The God of Darkness transforms into a nightmarish, dragon-like form that snarls at the God of Light. The Grimm proceed forward and attempt to attack him, but a bright light emanates from him, destroying all the Grimm in the area. He transforms into a bright, beautiful oriental-looking dragon.

God of Light: I know we have our differences, but I have not come here with the aim to control you. The same, however, cannot said for her. This woman came to you only after I denied her pleas - pleas that would have disrupted the balance that you and I created. Together.

The younger brother ponders this revelation.

God of Darkness: Then it seems I owe you an apology. Allow me to correct my mistake.

Salem: No!

The God of Darkness fires a purple beam from his dragon form's mouth, disintegrating Ozma once again. Salem watches as Ozma's ashes blow away out of her hands.

Salem: You... You monsters! Give him back to me! GIVE HIM BACK!!

Salem activates her magical abilities. Suddenly, the God of Light rushes forward and devours her.

Salem then wakes up falling from the sky. She is then submerged in the God of Light's pool, drowning as an aura-like shimmer covers her body. Suddenly, she finds herself on the surface of the water, catching her breath. She looks up and notices both of the God Brothers standing side by side.

God of Light: When you first came to me, I did pity you. But it is clear now that your selfishness and arrogance have led you astray.

Salem: (standing back up) What did you do to me?

The aura-like shimmer is seen on her hands.

God of Light: I have made you immortal.

Salem: Immortal?

God of Darkness: You cannot die. You cannot be with your beloved.

Both Gods: So long as this world turns, you shall walk its face.

Salem stares back at them in disbelief.

God of Light: You must learn the importance of life and death. Only then may you rest.

Salem tries to reach out to them, but then finds herself transported to a vast open field.

Jinn: Salem was a prisoner once again. Her fruitless attempts to reunite with Ozma eventually became nothing more than acts of spite and defiance against the gods.

Y/N is seen back in Ozma's room, watching a shadow of Salem as she fatally stabs herself. Y/N relates to what she feels and watches her with pity. Salem's suicide attempt fails due to her immortality.

Jinn: But perhaps the gods were not as powerful as they seemed...

Y/N watches Salem walk to a window, who is still holding the sword she attempted to stab herself with.

Jinn: She had lied to them, turned them against one another, they... were fallible.

Salem sets her sights on a castle in the distance.

Jinn: If she were to turn humanity against light and darkness, she could rid herself of their curse, or at the very least... she could make them suffer.

Salem then throws the sword toward Y/N's way. Y/N stayed still as he disappears in a puff of smoke just as the sword was about to strike him. Smoke transitions the scene, showing a king standing up in surprise as a bloodied axe is thrown to the ground.

Jinn: Salem traveled from one kingdom to another, telling tales of how she stole immortality from the gods, welcomed any swordsman to cut her down, and demonstrated her powers.

Salem is shown speaking to various leaders of kingdoms, including the aforementioned king from before, an oriental-looking empress and her subjects, and finally to a savage-looking warrior king.

Jinn: With the kings and queens in awe, she pulled them deeper into her scheme. She painted them pictures of a time when they would no longer have to watch their loved ones wither and die, when they could claim the powers of their creators for themselves, and in turn, perfect their own design.

As Salem finishes telling her story to the warrior king, she kneels before him. The warrior draws his weapon and let's out a proud battle cry, with his people cheering along with him. The combined forces of the kingdoms are then shown launching an all out assault on the Domain of Light.

Jinn: All they needed to do was destroy their old masters.

As the warriors run in, the God of Light emerges from the pool in his dragon form.

Jinn: The gods had hoped that Salem would learn from her eternal curse, and she did. She learned that the hearts of men are easily swayed.

The leaders of the kingdoms Salem had spoken to stand in front of their people approaching the God of Light. The God of Darkness, also in his dragon form, then appears alongside his elder brother.

God of Light: Who has led you down this path?

Salem is then seen walking through the crowds of warriors as she makes her way to the front of them. She glares at the gods.

God of Darkness: You... (roars at Salem)

In response, Salem launches a magical attack, and the warriors follow suit. A barrage of attacks are launched at the God of Darkness, but he easily catches them all into his hand, absorbing them into a purple sphere of energy. Everyone looks in shock.

God of Darkness: My own gift to them... used against me.

The God of Light looks away in disappointment as the God of Darkness squeezes the sphere within his hand, creating a massive shockwave that envelops the world, smiting everything and everyone in its path. Humanity has been turned to dust, only Salem remains due to her immortality.

Salem: No... no...

Salem gets knocked back when the God of Darkness stomps his foot in the ground.

God of Darkness: You thought there was no greater punishment we could bestow upon you?

Salem: I'll come back. I'll tell the rest of the world of this massacre! Build a new army!

God of Darkness: You do not understand. There is no one left. You are all that remains of humanity.

Salem's expression turns shocked at this revelation.

God of Light: This planet was a beautiful experiment, but it is merely a remnant of what it once was. We will learn from this failure. I hope that you will learn from yours.

The God of Light disappears into a bright light of dust.

Salem: No! You can't leave! You can't leave!! COME BACK!

God of Darkness: Still demanding things of your creators...

The God of Darkness also disappears into a beam of purple light that shoots up into the sky and out of the atmosphere. In the process, the moon is shattered. Moon fragments rain down like meteors back onto the planet's surface. Salem falls to her knees and lets out a scream of despair that is muted out by the crashing meteors.

Jinn: Once again, Salem was alone...

Salem is seen walking alone. She walks by a pair of deer eating grass, as well as abandoned villages that are now inhabited by Grimm.

Jinn: She cursed the gods. She cursed the universe. She cursed everything, everything but herself. She wandered the face of the planet, awaiting a death that would never come...

Salem then stands on the edge of an overhanging cliff in the land once inhabited by the God of Darkness. She looks down at the blackened pool below her.

Jinn: Until fate led her back to the Land of Darkness. This was it. This had to be it, the brother's Grimm, the pools of black that continued to give rise to horrific nightmares. If the fountain of life granted her immortality, then surely, the pools of Grimm will finally take it away.

Without hesitation, Salem falls forward and is submerged into the blackened pool.

Jinn: She was wrong. This force of pure destruction could not destroy a being of infinite life.

Salem is thrashed around by an unseen force.

Jinn: Instead, it created a being of infinite life with a desire for pure destruction.

Salem crawls out of the pool, this time, her skin deathly white as well as her hair. She opens her eyes, irises red with black sclerae.

Jinn: And in time, she would find her adversary...

Ozma is shown awakening in a white space. He takes a look at his surroundings. Team RWBY all watch him walk around aimlessly, before a voice can be heard.

God of Light: Ozma.

Ozma turns around seeing the God of Light in his dragon form, before turning back into his regular form.

Ozma: Where am I?

God of Light: We are between realms. I'm afraid a tragedy has befallen your home at the hands of my brother. We have chosen to depart this world, but in our absence, I would like to offer you the chance to return to it.

Ozma: I... don't understand.

God of Light: Mankind is no more, yet your world remains. And in time, your kind will grow to walk its face once again. However, without our presence, they will be but a fraction of what they once were.

Suddenly, the God of Light conjures four objects: a staff, a sword, a crown, and a lamp.

God of Light: Creation, destruction, choice, and knowledge were the ideals upon which humanity was made. Now I leave them behind with the hope that you will learn to remake yourselves.

The four objects are conjoined together into a yellow sphere of energy.

God of Light: If brought together, these four Relics will summon my brother and I back to your world, and humanity will be judged. If your kind has learned to live in harmony with one another and set aside their differences, then we shall once again live among you, and humanity will be made whole again. But if your kind is unchanged, if you demand our blessings while still fighting amongst yourselves, then man will be found irredeemable and your world will be wiped from existence. Until your task is complete, you will reincarnate, but in a manner that ensures you are never alone.

Ozma falls to his knees as he comes to terms with this ultimatum. Oscar Pine watches him.

Ozma: I'm sorry, but... that world just isn't as dear to me without her. If I may, I'd rather return to the afterlife to see Salem.

God of Light: You will not find her there.

Ozma: (eyes widening) You mean she isn't gone?

God of Light: Salem lives, but the woman you hold dear in your memories is gone. Heed this warning... where you seek comfort, you will only find pain. So, will you--

Ozma: I'll do it.

The God of Light looks in surprise at Ozma's immediate answer.

God of Light: Very well. Our creation rests within your hands.

The God of Light then disappears.

Jinn: And so Ozma was reborn.

Ozma reincarnates into a man with a tanned complexion and pale blonde hair, who had just stabbed a Beowolf with a pitchfork, causing it to disintegrate. Ozma takes the time to come to terms in his new body and surroundings. He looks up and sees people screaming and running into the forest he is in away from a burning village in the distance.

Ozma: Where am I?

Ozma hears a man scream, and looks over to see him flailing a sword at a Beowolf, which swipes at him to the ground, disarming him. Ozma's pevious soul takes over and runs forward, grabbing the man's sword and slaying the Beowolf. The man gets back up.

Man: (relieved) Thank you. Please, tell me your name. Who are you?

Suddenly, Ozma's newest reincarnate has trouble speaking, and throws the sword to the ground in horror. Oscar watches the scene before him.

Oscar: He didn't know...

As Jinn continues to narrate, Ozma walks down a street, seeing along the way Faunus locked up in cages, and a pile of Dust crystals on top of a table.

Jinn: Ozma had found himself in a world completely unfamiliar to him. Cities looked different. Creatures known as the Faunus bore fangs and claws and were locked away in cages. And without the blessing of the gods, no one could perform magic like mankind was once capable of, no one but himself and a woman known as... the witch.

The environment around Ozma changes from the city to a forest as he comes upon a lonely, dilapidated cottage in the woods.

Jinn: During his years of travel, he heard the same frightened whispers that spoke of a terrifying sorceress who commanded dark powers in the wilds among the beasts and monsters. Ozma was convinced that this witch was Salem, and decided he needed to see what she had become.

Ozma stands at a distance from the cottage. The front door opens, and from the darkness beyond, Salem emerges, wearing black robes this time. She gives an angry glare while exiting the cottage, but suddenly, her expression softens upon seeing her visitor. Ozma likewise smiles back at her.

Jinn: Call it magic or call it something stronger, but in that moment, the two knew exactly who it was that stood before them.

Ozma and Salem walk towards each other, the two hold each other's hands, interlocking their fingers affectionately.

Ozma: What do we do now?

Salem: Whatever we like.

As time passes, the scene shows the cottage changing from its dilapidated state to a much better condition, following with Salem and Ozma conversing with one another at a table on the front porch.

Jinn: As Salem and Ozma recounted the events which had brought them back together, each withheld parts of their story. Salem, fearing Ozma would reject her, blamed the end of the world on the gods. Ozma, still unsure of where the truth lay, kept his task and the Relics a secret. Though time passed and all seemed well, Ozma's conversation with the God of Light still lingered in his mind. He had found happiness, but humanity seemed more divided than ever before.

Salem and Ozma head back inside the cottage, still talking to each other.

Salem: Are you surprised? This world is quite literally godless. These humans have no one to guide them. Perhaps that's all they need.

Ozma: What are you saying?

Salem: We could become the gods of this world. Our powers surpass all others. Our souls transcend death. We can mold these lands into whatever we want, what you want, create the paradise that the old gods could not.

Ozma is troubled at first, but then smiles in agreement with Salem. The two of them look each other in the eyes as Salem places an affectionate hand on Ozma's shoulder.

Jinn: The hearts of men... are easily swayed.

A village is shown under attack by a Nevermore. Suddenly, a purple energy surrounds the Nevermore, causing it to be bent and folded into unnatural positions. The Nevermore disintegrates, and the villagers watch as Ozma, once again wielding his scepter and wearing regal robes, and Salem levitate into the air side-by-side above them. They all bow down to the couple in reverence. Weiss and Yang are shown walking up to two statues of Ozma and Salem that are then erected.

Jinn: The two amassed a following. That following grew into a prosperous kingdom.

A castle then appears, the camera pans into a large room with a painting of Ozma and Salem together.

Jinn: And at the head of that kingdom blossomed... (four little girls then appear in the painting) ...a family.

Ozma and Salem watch their four daughters playing together, the little girls all wearing colors on their dresses similar to that of the Four Maidens. One of their daughters comes up to the two of them, playfully tugging on Salem's robe. The two parents smile at her before smiling at each other.

Blue smoke transitions the scene, showing a massive conflict between people that is being observed inside a crystal ball by a smirking Salem. Ozma stands a short distance away from her looking outside the window.

Ozma: (troubled) Are we sure this is right?

Salem: (looking over to Ozma) You said we needed to bring humanity together. In order to do that, we have to spread our word, and destroy those who will deny it.

Ozma gains a shocked expression on his face upon hearing these words. He turns to see his reflection on the window, which suddenly talks to him.

Ozma: What are we doing?

Ozma reels back in horror seeing his reflection ask him that question, briefly becoming his original incarnation, before looking over to Salem.

Ozma: This isn't what he asked of me...

Salem: What did you say?

The two then hear a door open, and their eldest daughter enters the room excitedly.

Eldest Daughter: Mother, father, look!

Their daughter then conjures multicolored wisps that fly in circles in front of her. Salem has a proud expression on her face, while Ozma looks on in surprise, before looking down with his troubled expression again.

Jinn: It was a miracle, their children could perform magic. But what should have been a joyous occasion was short-lived.

Smoke transitions the scene again, this time showing Ozma telling what he knows to Salem in his study.

Jinn: Ozma told Salem everything, the true reason the God of Light had brought him back, the Relics that they scattered around the world, and the day of judgement he had been told to prepare for.

Ozma finishes his explanation to Salem.

Salem: Don't you see? None of that matters anymore. Why spend our lives trying to redeem these humans when we can replace them with what they could never be?

Salem offers her hand out, but Ozma hesitates to take it, backing away in disgust. Smoke transitions the scene again showing Ozma quietly escorting his daughters through the quiet halls. The youngest daughter looks down the hallway, noticing something.

Youngest Daughter: Mommy?

Salem stands at the end of the hall menacingly. Ozma protectively stands in front of his daughters. Salem, realizing what he is doing, angrily conjures a red beam from her hand. Ozma uses his scepter to counter Salem's attack, launching a green beam. Their attacks clash, engulfing the area into a bright white flash. Ruby and Weiss watch in horror as Ozma and Salem fight throughout the castle. Their battle causes the castle to collapse and be destroyed in the process.

A charred plush toy is shown, implying the daughters were killed in the fearsome battle. Ozma weakly crawls on the ground, blood dragging from behind him. Salem then reappears behind him undamaged thanks to her immortality, and angrily walks over to Ozma. She kicks him over onto his back and holds him down with her foot.

Salem: We finally had freedom...

Ozma weakly looks up at her.

Ozma: I-

A blast of fire from Salem engulfs Ozma, killing him once again.

Jinn: Thus began a long and painful cycle of death and rebirth for Ozma.

A montage of Ozma's various reincarnates are shown, including a frail man weakly walking by many gravestones, followed by a despondent man walking in the rain, who would rather drink his problems away.

Jinn: Some lives were spent in mourning, many were spent attempting to forget it all.

Finally, Ozma reincarnates to a dark-skinned man with glasses who starts off slouching, but then eventually stands straight up and determinedly walks forward.

Jinn: But no matter what, his mind would eventually turn back to the task he had been burdened with.

Ozma's newest reincarnate is shown serving a meal to his wife and two children, both of whom interestingly have silver eyes.

Jinn: And as the centuries went on, Ozma began to learn the importance of living with the souls with which he had been paired.

Ozma then hears screaming outside. He opens the door and sees villagers running around in panic as Grimm attack.

Jinn: But no matter where or how he lived, her presence was always felt.

Ozma looks back to his wife, who nods in understanding, before going out with The Long Memory into battle.

Jinn: If humanity were ever to stand a chance at being united, one thing was clear...

Y/N: (knowing the answer already) He had to destroy Salem...

Smoke then transitions showing Ozma's reincarnation many years older now, tinkering with his cane in his workshop.

Jinn: Knowing he could never rid the world of her through any mortal means, Ozma sought out the power of the Relics.

The elderly tinkerer then places his cane inside a metal cabinet, closing the door on it. The door opens again showing Ozma's newest reincarnation, a well-dressed man, picking up the cane where he last left it in his previous life.

Jinn: Armed with my knowledge, he believed he could fulfill his promise to the God of Light.

Ozma is next shown holding the Relic of Knowledge, summoning Jinn for the first time. All of Team RWBY can be seen with him as they walk towards Jinn.

Ozma: Where are the other Relics?

Jinn: He asked me his questions.

Ozma: What powers do they possess?

Jinn: And though I gave him my answers...

Ozma: How do I destroy Salem?

Jinn: ...not all of them were to his liking.

Team RWBY watches as Jinn gives her answer to Ozma.

Jinn: You can't.

Upon hearing this, Ozma falls to his knees in despair, Ruby, Weiss and Blake all have shocked expressions, and Yang closes her eyes in anger.

Y/N looks at Ozma with anger. He tries to turn away from the truth, but it switches to where he faces.

Ozma remains on his knees as Jinn disappears before him. The camera pans out, transitioning Ozma to his current reincarnation, Oscar, who lowers his head in sadness as the snow falls once again.

Y/N: You fucking liar.

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 22 8
You guys already know this shit gonna be good!!!! Fair warning if this book does really well I will put a special chapter in the story for those damm...
333K 3.9K 28
Y/N hated the huntsmen and huntresses of Beacon Academy for his whole life. Then one day he discovers something... he has a secret semblance that has...
13.5K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
145K 1.4K 22
Y/N, a shy and quiet student of Beacon Academy. Gets cheated on by his two loves. Emerald and Cinder. Will he return to Beacon? Will he lose his will...