I'm in the Anime? (HunterxHun...

By TheSnuggieQueen

[Book 1] After probably unaliving herself, Y/N L/N wakes up in the anime world with a magical backpack and st... More

Tests x and x Tests
Game x Of x Survival
Fuck x Hisoka x and Heights
Unlock x a x Mystery
Secrets x and x Love
Who x Are x You
The x Final x Countdown
Surprise x Little x Brother!
Let's x Level x Up
Push X It X Hoes
Bitches x Get x Fucked
I Live x Kinda x Far
Wing x Is x Lying
What's x Up x Nen User?
Serenade x Us x With Nen
Punish x Me x Zaddy Wing~
Let's Unlock x The x Flood Gates
~Some Things to Clarify~
Avatar Powers x Against x the Snake
Beginnings x of x Her Destiny
Goodbye Innocence x and x Hello Sins
The Boy x With the x Rotom Phone
Back x To the x Beginning
Life Update ?? / Not a Chapter
Exploring x Back x Home
Welcome x Back x ___
Remember x Trick x Tower?

A New View on Life x Leaving the Island

11.5K 261 519
By TheSnuggieQueen

I forgot today was September 1st! I'm officially uploading this first chapter on this precious day, and I hope you enjoy this story.

For reference~ 

-Y/N is 18

        You had had an unusually long day at work. Your manager got mad at some stupid thing you did, and for the rest of your shift, you felt like crap. Every five minutes you would look to the clock in hopes of it being your time to go home. None of your coworkers noticed your mood change until you had finally clocked out.

You were mentally exhausted as you made your way into your room. You wanted to cry in frustration after you had numerous customers complain and get mad at you. You waved off the smell of dinner that your dad had cooked for the rest of your family.

A warm shower welcomed you instead. You took in the heat that relaxed your body. The smell of grease was replaced with your favorite body wash. You thought of how tomorrow would be a better day at work. Luckily, you were going to be working with your favorite manager. Excitedly, you finished the rest of the shower.

After you had changed into more comfortable clothes, you gathered some snacks you had hidden away inside a box by your bed. Flashes from your shift caused discomfort while your were attempting to get comfortable in your bed.

"Fuckin' shit." You groan.

You reached for the remote and opened Netflix on the TV. The familiar sound of the app welcomed you to a sad selection of shows you were waiting to watch or had already rewatched for the 50th time.

You sighed, "I could either rewatch Grey's Anatomy again or..." The remote clicked as you began scrolling through the shows you've already watched.

Nothing seemed to catch your eye. You didn't want to watch something new, you were too tired to try absorbing new information. But you wanted to watch something that would get your attention.

"Well, I guess I can rewatch this now." You selected HunterxHunter from the many shows on the app.

It had been a few years since you had watched HunterxHunter. One of the many reasons you never finished the show was because you didn't want to have it end. You knew there was an "ending" but you didn't want to see it. Weird right?

Your favorite arc from the show was the Hunter Exam Arc. You adored the introduction to each character and all their quirks. It was so fresh, they were still so young and hopeful...Compared to the later episodes/arcs...

E P I S O D E  1:  A Boy Setting Out for a Journey x Leaving Behind the Sound of the Wind

You opened a bag of chips. The opening of the show began to play. Your troubles soon began to melt away. Ironically, you began imagining yourself as a separate character of the show who follows Gon and his friends through friendships and hardships. You of course were nowhere close to being as in shape as any of the main characters to be able to attempt the Hunter Exam. If anything, you were like Leorio...Except more out of shape.

You sunk into your bed. Your muscles finally began to relax. You let out a soft sigh.

You desperately wanted to sleep, but you wanted to watch the anime playing on the screen. In sudden frustration, you threw the TV remote at the TV.

Big mistake.

The image on the screen turned black, but the sound was still playing. In a hurry, you rushed to the TV and grasped the remote in panic. Your dad was going to murder you for ruining a $300 television that he bought for you. Fuck fuck fuck.

In the rush of the moment, you didn't realize that the electricity would shock your sweaty palm and travel to the rest of your body.

Instead of letting go, you gripped the remote harder. Pins and needles was what it felt like. The sensation traveled up your arm and spread around the inside of your body. Your vision went black in an instant. Any pain you were feeling from being shocked, went away.

"Oh my god...I'm dead." Your voice echoed.

-     -     -

        Time had passed. How much exactly? No fucking clue.

The salty scent of the ocean crept through the open window of the room you were in. You couldn't feel the sharp prickling pain. It felt like it never happened. What the hell happened?

You opened your eyes, hoping that you weren't in Heaven. It was unusually bright, the soft color of the curtains on the window was drawn back. You closed your eyes once more, a soft breath escaping your lips. The sound of the wind carried the smell of fish, fresh food, and the ocean.

Wait. You sat up like a demon had taken over your body. Your thoughts were going faster than your brain could process. You open your eyes and stared at the wall. It looked like a normal wall. It looked fake. It looked animatedWhere the fuck am I? Your vision adjusted quickly to this new texture.

It felt real. The cotton sheets you were laying on felt soft under your fingertips. The sounds of the seagulls, the wind, and the people outside sounded real too. Where the fuck am I? Your eyes narrowed at the wall like something was hiding inside it.

Slowly, things began to piece together like an obscenely long puzzle. You couldn't believe it. Like, you were literally staring at the animated wall in disbelief. Your heart and your brain were on complete opposite ends of the spectrum of belief.

I'm in the anime world.

You inhaled an overdue breath. "Oh my god," You scrambled out of the bed and walked to the window.

You stumbled over your two feet enough to almost fall out of the large window you were walking towards. "Shit!" The air escaped your lungs. Your waist was totally going to be bruised later. The other half of the window loosened and fell onto your lower back. Your fat dumpy kept you from falling out of the window.

At this point, anyone who could walk into the room would be greeted with your ass sticking out. Great, I'm stuck. You scowled to yourself. You lifted your upper half, lifting the window in the process. Luckily no one had seen the embarrassment you put yourself through.

The noises outside reminded the female of the current predicament she was in. Seagulls, the chattering of people, the wind. The morning sun kissed the Earth. There were many people who were getting ready to board the massive ship that had docked itself on the port. You inhaled the salty air. You had finally gotten unstuck.

"This...Literally cannot be real." You stepped back (stumbling over your two feet again,) and fell to the ground with a loud bang. Your head bounced off the ground.

"Fucking shit!" You cried, holding your pounding head in your hands from the immense pain.

If that fall hurt as much as it did...I can't be dreaming. You sat upon the ground and stared at the clothes you had on. This has to be real. But...why the fuck am I here?

You picked yourself up and began looking for shoes to wear on the walk to the docks. It felt like something was pulling you to the water. There was a pair of hiking shoes that would suit perfectly for the long walk to the port. You already had on some dark-colored shorts and a white tank top.

There was a mirror in the bathroom that you studied my improved look over. Whatever world you were in now, your overall physical appearance was...A hell of a lot better than what it was at home. I'm so much more fit than before! Oh hell yeah.

You left the bathroom to find a note on the bed (that wasn't there when you woke up,) along with a small blue backpack. You stopped far enough so you couldn't see what the note read.

I hope to the higher powers that I don't have to kill anyone. Your heart dropped at your dark thoughts. "Come on..." You grasped the note.

Complete the Hunter Exam. Help Gon find Ging.

"You've got to be kidding me."

You didn't have time to think about the rest of the note when someone began knocking on the door. Your heart skipped a beat as you instinctively grabbed the closest thing as a weapon, the stupid tiny backpack.

"Y-Yes?"

"(Y/N)! It's Aunt Mito! You're going to be late for the ship if you don't leave right now. Gon left earlier without you."

Right. I'm in the anime I was watching before I electrocuted myself, HunterxHunter. This is such a fanfic moment. You cleared your throat, "Okay Mito-san!"

You quickly grabbed the backpack and slipped on the shoes. The bag was a lot heavier than anticipated and yet again, you almost tripped over your feet running to the door.

You quickly run past Gon's aunt and great-grandmother, giving them both 'goodbye's' before running out the front door and towards the port. Both women sighed and began their own trek to the ship to see you and Gon off to the exam.

-

You slowed your brisk pace as you entered the thick forest. Since it was still early in the day, the path you were following was clear enough to walk on. You were in awe of the greenery surrounding you. For a moment, you felt at peace with yourself.

The many animals that occupied the forest watched the female and the warm aura radiating off of her.

When you finally arrived at the port, you saw the many people who were waving goodbye to their loved ones and wishing them a safe return home.

You heard Gon call out for you, who was already aboard the ship. You felt your stomach drop in nervousness. You get embarrassingly seasick after 5 minutes on a boat. Lord, help my mind and weak stomach aboard this ship. You had no idea how you were going to survive a whole ship ride through a fucking tsunami.

-POV CHANGE-

        Y/N boarded the ship. Many of the passengers already aboard gave off nasty glares to her nervous presence. She watched an energetic Gon run past her and to the back of the ship to call out to Mito and his great-grandmother. Already, the men sitting nearby sneered and scoffed at the naive boy.

The ship began to move. Y/N let out a ragged breath. I can do this. I can get through the boat ride... Through the storm...  and through the... The tsunami in... In one piece. You grabbed onto the side of the ship with anxiety coursing through your bones.

"Every year there are millions of skilled applicants for the Hunter Exam. But only a handful are accepted. Don't say stuff that you can't back up, boy."

Y/N glared at the overconfident, smelly man. It would cost me too much to intervene. Besides, she looked over to Gon who was attempting to help the nervous sailor, Katsuo, Gon doesn't even see them.

She inhaled a deep breath of fresh air to sooth her nervousness. The air tasted funny like... A storm. She quickly spotted the Captain.

"Captain, there's a storm coming. You can smell it in the air."

He narrowed his eyes at the sound of a girl giving him information on the weather until someone stood next to me, nodding his head. "The seagulls are saying it too! Look!" The two older figures watched Gon speak up excitedly, looking up at the flying birds by the back of the ship.

The Captain's eyes grew wide at Gon. Y/N narrowed her (e/c) eyes. "Gon," Holy shit this is the first time I'm talking to him, "Let's go inside." Gon agreed and went underneath.

Y/N gave herself a pat on the back. I haven't gotten sick yet! Too bad these other chumps are pussies. She looked inside her bag for anything to help the men who would clearly want to be back on Whale Island than on a ship in the middle of a storm.

-     -     -

        Much later, Gon and Y/N were treating a few men who were acting seasick. Mentally noting Kurapika and Leorio on opposite sides of the room, the girl also noted how she was not becoming unbearably sick like she was used to back in her world. I'd be trying to sleep or wishing someone would knock me out.

"Are you okay?"

Hearing Gon's voice, the girl turned around from giving a guy a cup of water with herbs inside. "Yeah, I'm just a bit weirded out at the moment, but I'm fine."

Then, the Captain entered the room, demanding to see anyone who wasn't sick, and very specifically looked at the blond, the guy wearing a suit with a briefcase, Gon, and Y/N.

Looking at one another, they followed the Captain to his office, which was where the wheel to control the ship was. The storm was getting worse by the second. Y/N could see the waves slowly getting bigger and more offensive with each crash against the ship. Her senses were becoming fuzzy.

"First, tell me your names."

"I'm Gon!" Gon excited waved his hand. Y/N noticed the immediate scowl held on Leorio's face, and decided not to laugh at how adorable it looked.

"I'm Kurapika."

"My name is Leorio."

"I'm Y/N. But most people call me (Boy Nickname)."

The next question baffled Kurapika and Leorio. "Why do you want to become Hunters?"

"Hey! You're not an Examiner. Why are you asking us?" Leorio pointed an accusing finger at the Captain, becoming irritated. Gon stared up at the man, curious as to what he would do next. Y/N jumped at the sudden defensive statement.

"Just answer me." The Captain held his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"It's because my dad is a Hunter. I really want to find out what kind of job being a Hunter is. That fascinated my dad. That's why I left Whale Island."

Gon spoke up happily and had a strong sense of determination around him, and in his eyes. Y/N's lips tucked up slightly in comfort. I love him with all my heart.

"Hey, brat! Stop being such a busybody. You're not supposed to answer his question!" Leorio warned Gon.  The boy stared up at the teenager with a pout on his face, "Why not?"

"I'm not telling him anything." Leorio crossed his arms. Kurapika spoke up, "I agree with Leorio."

"Hey! You must be younger than me. You should address me with honorifics."

"Coming up with a logical lie to avoid answering annoying questions is easy. But lying is despicable. Even so, telling the truth about why I want to try this out is deeply personal to me. Hence, I'm unable to answer you." Kurapika gripped the material that covered where his heart was. He closed his eyes and kept his head down.

Sighing, the girl spoke up. "I want to become a Hunter to..." Y/N thought about what she would say next. On one hand, she could claim to look for her family, or attempt to stop most of the destruction caused by the Chimera Ants that would take place within the next 2 years, "I want to help those who can't help themselves in the face of danger."

She felt the weight on her shoulders grow heavy. Y/N stared at the ground, her face plastered with a worried gaze. Leorio picked up on the girl's change of emotion.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" Blinking, Leorio looked down at the short girl in worry.

She nodded her head, her hands clenched tightly by her side. Even now, I can't seem weak. I have to become strong enough to stop the bloodshed the Ants will leave in their wake.

"Yeah. Uh, I'm just nervous about those waves outside."

The Captain cleared his throat, "That means you two have no answers to my questions. Hey, Katzo," He paused, "Report to the Committee that these two are disqualified." He smiled beneath his Captain's hat and inhaled some of the smoke from his pipe.

Kurapika and Leorio slowly met the eyes of the smug Captain. "What do you mean?" Leorio asked.

The man looked up, and removed the pipe he was smoking from his mouth, "The Hunter Exam has already begun." Yessir! Y/N shook herself out of her weird daze.

"What?" Leorio and Kurapika were in disbelieve.

Y/N raised her hand, "I get it," Everyone in the room had their attention on the girl who seemed to have perked up, "The Hunter Exam seeks out only the most capable of people. It makes sense that before the "actual" exam, the part that everyone thinks the Exam will be, that there be any possible way to eliminate the weak and useless.

I believe there were about 150-200 participants on the ship that want a Hunter License. This isn't including people from other places. From there, the Examiners can easily count and record the successful participants in the preliminary rounds," Y/N made eye contact with the Captain, "Does that summarize it?"

He let out a chuckle and smiled. She's pretty bright. "Yes. There also aren't enough Examiners to test candidates one by one. Hence why the Committee hires people like us to "eliminate" them, as you put it."

The blond-haired boy finally spoke up, "I'm actually the last member of the Kurta Clan. Four years ago, a band of thieves known as the Phantom Troupe killed my people. I'm going to become a Hunter to avenge them." Kurapika shared the same determined look as Gon moments ago.

Y/N moved her eyes to the blond-haired boy. She held a worried look in her eyes, knowing what kind of person he was going to become. He wouldn't be that different from them in a sense. What he calls revenge, I call desperation.

The Captain and Kurapika exchange a few more words about becoming Bounty Hunters and the Phantom Troupe.

-     -     -

        A few minutes later, Kurapika and Leorio stormed outside to argue even more as the ship began losing control. Kurapika just had to make that stupid comment about how money couldn't buy Leorio any character... Fucking shit.

Gon and Y/N rushed outside onto the slippery deck to help the rest of the crew with the masses on the ship. Within a matter of minutes, they were able to bring the masses down so the ship could alter its course. Although it was over, Gon was fixated on the argument Leorio and Kurapika were escalating.

Until Gon noticed Leorio and Kurapika edging closer to each other. He abandoned his spot and ran after both figures. Y/N sighed and quickly ran after him, and to the sailor who was about to fall overboard.

As Gon ran past Kurapika and Leorio, he jumped off the side of the ship and grabbed onto the sailor who was mere inches from the ocean. Y/N, scared shitless, jumped off the side of the ship and grabbed Gon's ankles tightly.

Then, she felt hands on her ankles and looked to see Leorio and Kurapika with worried looks. "Are you both okay!?"

"Yeah! Let's do it again!" Gon shouted with excitement.

"Let's not do that again." Y/N groaned. Her head banged against the side of the ship as it continued to rock alongside the pounding waves of the ocean.

-     -     -

        Once the group departed from Dolle Harbor they unwillingly began making their way to the big pine tree on top of the hill. Y/N couldn't help but side with Gon, as she took off with him without consulting Leorio.

"Sorry Leorio, I trust Gon's instincts on this one." The girl called out as the trio began the trek to the top of the mountain. After a few seconds, Leorio hustled over to the rest of the group.

"What changed your mind?" Y/N smirked, glancing over at Leorio.

"Eh, we were on that crap ship together. Might as well see this through until the actual exam starts."

And so their journey began. What would await Gon, Kurapika, Leorio, and Y/N at the top of the mountain? Will they make it to the Hunter Exam venue on time?

Or will something get in their way to stop them?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

819 23 37
Uhm this is my first time doing this stuff so wish me luck... This also may or may not be a secret Reader X HxH Character ;) ❗️⚠️(THIS BOOK HAS SPOIL...
514K 17K 43
"ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪꜰᴜʟ. ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴄᴏʟᴏᴜʀ ʙᴜᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ." "ᴡʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ?" "ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ɪɴ...
3.2K 103 44
Original book by @Kimberly_Flower This story is not originally mine. This is a continuation of the story Stuck x In x A x New x World by @amaria_ flo...
775K 21.3K 54
[[Feitan x Reader]] Who knew it would end up like this. - DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT own hunter x hunter - Mature content - Violence & Swearing - Sensiti...