Hiding the Truth (One Piece)

By Enenra

We all know the infamous Straw Hat pirate's captain Monkey D. Luffy's brothers are Portagas D. Ace and Sabo... More

Hiding the Truth
Chapter 1 - Arriving in Alabasta
Chapter 2 - Meeting my Brother
Chapter 3 - Family Reunion
Chapter 4 - Making our way to Yuba
Chapter 5 - To Rainbase we go
Chapter 6 - Confrontations with Crocodile
Chapter 7 - Battle with Crocodile
Chapter 8 - Quickly to the Capital
Chapter 9 - The Fight with Baraque Works
Chapter 10 - Around the Palace
Chapter 11 - Farewell Alabasta
Chapter 12 - The Davy Back Fight
Chapter 13 - Losing One
Chapter 14 - Redemption
Chapter 15 - Aokiji
Chapter 16 - Water 7
Chapter 18 - Rescue Mission
Chapter 19 - Fighting for Another
Chapter 20 - Unwanted Reminders
Chapter 21 - Recovering and Grandpa
Chapter 22 - The Devil's Triangle
Chapter 23 - Talking Skeletons and the Invisible Man
Chapter 24 - We're off to see the Ghosts
Chapter 25 - Counting Down
Chapter 26 - The Nightmare on Thriller Bark
Chapter 27 - Life Without a Shadow... & More
Chapter 28 - Unleashing Rage
Chapter 29 - The Will to Live
Chapter 30 - Heart to Heart
Chapter 31 - Meet Keimi and a Walking Talking... STARFISH?!
Chapter 32 - Sabaody Archipelago
Chapter 33 - No Going Back
Chapter 34 - Torn Apart
Chapter 35 - And So The War Begins
Chapter 36 - Saving Ace
Chapter 37 - Disbelief At It's Finest
Chapter 38 - Two Years Later
Chapter 39 - The Kraken's Awakening
Chapter 40 - Fishman Island
Chapter 41 - Heroes? As If
Chapter 42 - Punk Hazard Bound
Chapter 43 - Winter Wonderland
Chapter 44 - Never A Decent Clown
Chapter 45 - The Start of New Adventures
Chapter 46 - Collisions and Conflicts
Chapter 47 - One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
Chapter 48 - A Certain Surprise
Chapter 49 - Memories
Chapter 50 - Warmth
Special Chapter - Film: GOLD (Part 1)

Chapter 17 - Train Ride

7.8K 289 28
By Enenra

As we rode the train that was headed for one of the most notorious strongholds in the World  Government, Enies Lobby, it wasn't strange that everyone on board were agitated and anxious for what was to come. The repercussions if this went wrong were endless, with a lifetime in prison being the most lenient punishment from that list.  

The thought was exhilarating, yet at the same time frightening. For someone who had there fair share of run-ins with such organisation, it was an odd feeling. Coming so close to where I was held for the majority of a year, a place where there was a high chance I would end up at again if this all ended badly. That was if they hadn't already chosen to execute me. 

Everyone was waiting anxiously for the moment of our arrival, I was currently sat beside Zoro who seemed to be trying to fit in a nap before the fighting started. His swords were propped up against the seats next to us, my sword along side his. It would have been uncomfortable if we had sat with them holstered to our waist for the entire journey. I had my feet propped on the seats opposite us, arms crossed as I  faced the rushing scenery that passed us by. There wasn't much to see, what with the rushing storm and the crashing waves, if anything I was more anxious that the railway wouldn't give way with the torrential weather. 

"Don't tell me your worrying about this are you?" I turned around to see Zoro now awake, looking right at me with his eyebrows raised. I only shrugged my shoulders, trying to find the right words to describe how I was feeling with the whole situation. 

"Aren't you? Worried I mean. What if this doesn't go according to plan? What if someone gets hurt? And what about Robin? What-" My words were cut off as Zoro placed his hand over my lips, stopping the onslaught of questions that tumbled out. I was a little startled at the sudden contact, but couldn't stop the flush the reddened my cheeks. 

"You're rambling. Nothing bad is going to happen because I won't let anything happen. Especially to you" His words sent a shock down my spine, and hope started to blossom at what I thought he was implying. Did he understand what he was saying? And did he really mean it in that way?

"You're our captain's sister and one of the crew so I'm obliged to protect you. So don't worry, we're all looking out for each other" At that, I looked down as the warmth ebbed away. I felt like such an idiot for thinking that he could like me romantically, I had gotten my hopes up only for them to come crashing down. I laughed lightly to try and get rid of the disheartened feeling I felt and the awkward atmosphere my silence had created, turning to smile gently at him.

"Of course" I quickly tried to change the subject, not wanting to linger on where my thoughts had gone a moment ago. "I wonder how Sanji's doing with that shipwright cyborg? Do you think they managed to get Robin?" I asked, hinting to how Sanji and the accomplice they had picked up earlier on had gone ahead to try and kick start the rescue mission. Zoro strangely went slightly rigid at my words, a deep frown forming as he looked ahead, avoiding eye contact.

"Why would you care about that Ero-cook?" He asked stiffly. I knew the two had difficulties getting on, with it largely stemming from there differences in personalities, but I didn't think the hatred ran that deep. They were still crew-mates at the end of the day. 

"I understand you don't like him, but he is a part of this crew. I'm worried about him because if we lose him as well, I don't think Luffy would be alright" I answered his strange question with a frown. He seemed to loosen up at my response and relaxed back, presumably to go back to sleep. I turned away, facing the window again to try and occupy my mind with something else.

"I care about everyone in this damn crew, one more than others" he muttered, almost to himself. I wasn't sure if I was meant to hear that, but it brought about a new rabbit hole. What did he mean?

~Time lapse~

Sanji and Franky, the cyborg I'd mentioned prior, had come onto the train and explained what had happened in the first sea train, where Robin had been. As they described what had occurred, I couldn't stop my eyes from drifting over to the new arrival they had brought with them. 

This individual was donned in a cape and brown dungarees, a long pointed nose with bandages and a mask that hid their face. It really wasn't difficult to see that our new stowaway was Usopp, he seemed to have disguised himself as something called a Soge king? Who knew what that was about but it seemed for now, we would be joined by him for the remainder of our escapade. 

"Isn't that... Usopp?" Someone asked from behind me, I turned around to be met with Nami, looking beyond confused at the new turn of events. For some reason, seeing her caused me to recall Zoro's words. I guessed he meant Nami when he claimed to have feelings for, it wasn't difficult to see why. After all, they had known each other the longest and Nami was probably one of the most beautiful women I've ever come across. It was difficult to push away the insecurity and the need to compare myself to such a women, but I managed to. Now wasn't the time to be thinking of petty emotions, there were more important things at stake.

"Yeah. Despite how bad his disguise is, it seems to be doing the job. It's fooled Chopper and Luffy" I pointed out to the two who were jumping around in awe of the 'new' arrival.

"Not really surprised. They're not exactly the brightest" At Sanji's quip, I slapped his shoulder in retaliation at his words. He looked at me in confusion, not thinking I would be offended on their behalf by his words. 

"Maybe Luffy, but not Chopper. He's just naive" Sanji thought it over before nodding in acceptance. He slouched back in the available seat behind him with a sigh, nursing what seemed to be a bruised rib. Noticing my eyes lingering on where he was holding, he waved me off, saying that it was just a sore spot from where he had fought one of the officials on the train. 

"What really happened on that train? And not the watered down version if you will" He sighed at the no-nonsense tone I was using with him, realising I had picked up on how he had told the story earlier on to our companions. He seemed to realise I wasn't going to let this go because he gave up, retelling what had occurred.

"What about Robin? Did she say anything?" I asked, seeing he was still hesitant to divulge that part.

"It was strange. Her words spoke one thing when her emotions said another" I tilted my head to the side in confusion, wanting him to elaborate.

"I think she does want to stay with us, as a part of our crew but she's under the impression that if she does, we'll be in danger because of her" I was turning this new piece of information over in my head. Even if we did save her, it wouldn't help if she was having a personal dilemma on the matter. This would only complicate things further. I sighed, giving up for now. It would do no good to ponder on the best course of action if we didn't have the full picture. 

"Okay, thank you for telling me. Try and get some sleep before we get there, you'll need the rest" he nodded, rested his head on the window as he nodded off. I went to get up but was stopped by a sheathed katana blocking my way. I looked up to see Zoro scowling down, his eyes lingering on Sanji's slouched figure.

"What? What did I do?" I asked honestly, confused and a little taken aback by his change in mood. He had seemed fine when we had spoken a while ago.

"Nothing" he mumbled before plopping down on the vacant seat, his sword still blocking me from leaving. "What did Ero-Cook want?" He asked looking out the window into the darkness, not even bothering to look me in the eye. I was starting to feel like I was being interrogated, and for what, I didn't yet know.

"Why do you want to know?" I retorted crossing my arms. His anger was rubbing me the wrong way, his annoyance from the looks of it was completely unjustified. 

"Well if it's about the crew, then I have the right to know" He spat back. It did take me a little by surprise, I was used to him speaking to others with tone, but he had never used it with me before. Even back when we were strangers. 

"We just talked about what happened on the first train and if he met Robin" I answered simply, wanting this ordeal to be over and done with. 

"Was that all?" I narrowed my eyes at his question.

"Yeah..." I answered, still looking at him suspiciously. I got up, straightening my clothes in an attempt to compose myself. 

"Well I'm going to go and see if anything needs doing. When you sort out whatever is going on with you, come and find me" I walked away towards the others without waiting for an answer. It would do neither of us any good if we responded in anger. 

I didn't know why I was being so defensive at his action, but it was really getting on my nerves. I just hoped everything goes well today because I really didn't want things to be left on that note between us. I spotted Nami clutching her clima-tact, her weapon of choice, closely to her body as she paced back and forth in an abandoned corner. 

"You nervous?" Walking over, I asked when I was within hearing distance. She turned around to face me and it wasn't difficult to see how stressed she was feeling. 

"What's wrong?" She just laughed a little sarcastically, not knowing how else to respond.

"Right, yeah that was a stupid question" I muttered, making sure she heard. She seemed to calm a little at the attempt at a joke, but it was clear that her nerves were shot.

"What if we're walking into a trap? Compared to you guys who can fight so well, what would I do if I can't defend myself?" I smiled at her in an effort to reassure her, gently grabbing her by her shoulders so I could speak to her directly.

"We'll always be there to protect you. You don't give yourself enough credit, you're practically lethal with that thing. Remember, we're all here for you if it becomes too much to handle. Especially Sanji, he'd come running in a heart beat if his 'Nami-swan' was in danger" we chuckled at the thought. We both looked out the window and saw we were nearing a bright light.

"I think we're here" Nami stated, all the nervousness returning to her voice. I breathed deeply, preparing myself mentally for the bloodbath that was to come.

"It's show time"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 5.3K 49
having a childish captain was enough of a responsibility for the strawhats, but having another childish crew member that wants to play god is even mo...
24.3K 783 10
Y/n is the little brother of Monkey D. Luffy and the both of them always dreamed of become pirates, except Luffy wanted to be the King of Pirate. Y...
353K 8.1K 76
(L/N) (Y/N) is a princess from the (K/N) Kingdom. At only the age of 6, her kingdom was attacked by creatures called nightmares, those creatures we'r...
646 12 7
[This is book is based on the live action netflix version of One Piece.] TW: Mentioned of fear, language, nudity, self-harm, smoking, and substances ...