(COMPLETE) Blood Brothers - A...

By TheSeraphim

This a story of what happened after Sean and Daniel crossed the border. A story of their lives in Puerto Lobo... More

Prologue - Port of the Wolves
Episode 1 - Family
Episode 2 - Friends
Episode 3 - Parents
Episode 4 - Sons and Daughters
Epilogue - Wolves
Afterstory - Extra : The Beginning of the End

Episode 5 - Brothers

311 8 2
By TheSeraphim

"Once upon a time... In a wild, wild world... there were two wolf brothers living in their home lair with their papa wolf...

They lived in peace, until hunters took their dad away.

The wolf brothers wandered for days and nights, learning how to live on their own for the first time.

That's when the big brother discovered that the little one was not an ordinary wolf... but a super wolf!

They decided to head south, to the distant land of their ancestors...

But the journey was long and dangerous.

Still, the wolf brothers made new friends on the way... They learned more about the world. But danger seemed to always follow them.

After a bad accident, they were separated. The big brother had been hurt and the hunters finally captured him.

They put him in a cage... But when he finally escaped, he went to search for his little brother...

He soon found out that the little wolf had joined a coyote cult... and he would not leave them.

Suddenly... their mother showed up after all that time... She said she came to help rescue him.

They begged the coyote leader, but she would not release the little wolf... he was their idol.

So, the little brother got so angry he killed her...

The wolf brothers, now reunited, followed their rogue mother... far into the desert... to her hideaway.

Yet it wasn't still safe as hunters took the trail to find them...

The wolf brothers was captured...  They managed to fight back... they finally arrived at the wall... That was separating them from their father's land...

The little brother used his powers to destroy everyone who opposed them and destroyed the wall that was stopping them...

The wolf brothers finally arrived in their father's land...

They finally had peace... They found their father's den and lived in it... Their bond was stronger than ever before...

They met an old wolf who was living by the docks... it was their father's mentor... He helped them to live in their new world....

On the fields... they met a pack of wolves who supplied the other packs food to survive...

The wolf brothers became their family and together felt content on each others arms...

But one day a stray wolf with its pack appeared on the field... pulling the crops for themselves... he soon realize the wolf brothers were hunted by the otherside of the wall... promising the black wolf prosperity in exchange of the wolf brothers...

The wolf brothers agreed as they don't want the wolf pack who took care of them be endangered...

The big brother has a plan and with the little brother's help... they killed the stray wolf and its pack... they were not afraid of any bloodshed to protect their new home...

Soon their friends from the otherside visited them... they had fun meeting them once again... yet they had to leave because it isn't where they belong... yet they promised to see them once more...

The big brother helped the wolf pack strive... he helped the newfound leader to build.

But then one night stray wolves appeared on a hill, killing the wolves who sheltered the little cubs of Puerto Lobos.

But they did not know the little wolf was one of them... With the help of his friends, they helped him escape...

The little wolves told Superwolf that he might get hurt and no one will know what happened to the little ones that gone missing... They were right...

So the Superwolf ran down the hill as each of his friends tried to chase away the stray wolves from getting him...

In that dark lonely night... The Superwolf ran and ran... Never stopping... Never stop running...

He promised himself, this is the last time he will ever run away from his friends..."

The night was dark and cold as Daniel rushed to the roads, all by himself, blurred eyes from crying. The streetlight flickered as he passed through them one by one. People passed by and saw him yet he didn't stop running. He did not stop running until he finally arrive to the only place and to the only person he wanted to see.

"Sean!" Daniel, slammed the door open, not caring if people saw him. His face, welled up in tears as Daniel fell from exhaustion and Sean catches him.

"Daniel! What's wrong?!" Sean asked worriedly as Daniel buried his face on Sean's shirt.

"They took her. They took my friends. Angela! Tristan!" Daniel sobbed, his words garbled as tears soaked Sean's shirt.

"Okay, okay. Calm down Daniel. You have to calm down. I need to know what happened."

Daniel lifted up his head, his hand, gripping Sean's shirt, afraid to let go. His tears won't stop as he try to wipe with his arms. "Those- those men we- we saw the other day, at the port. They took my friends. The driver, they are all part of it." Daniel continued sobbing, trying to explain what happened. "They went to the camp and killed Mrs. Reyes and the others. I couldn't do anything to help my friends. I- I wanted to help them but I don't want them to get hurt. I was nothing, Sean! I didn't do anything! I could've killed them but they have guns. I don't want them to get hurt, Sean!"

"I understand, Daniel." Sean hugged his brother, comforting him. He could still hear his brother crying. He then stroked his brother's back and did not stop until Daniel had it all out from his system. "Let's get you cleaned up."

Daniel nodded, exhausted. His legs started to hurt from running. He did not stop until he arrived to his brother's arms. He looked up Sean. Daniel's eyes were tired. Tears dried on his face. "Can you carry me, Sean."

"Of course." Sean lifted up Daniel and felt his arms around his shoulders. He then carefully placed Daniel in the bathtub and turn on the water.

Sean stood up, taking the soap and the shampoo on the holder.

"Don't leave me, Sean." Daniel exhaustedly said.

"I won't enano." Sean said, putting down the water closet's lid so that he could take a seat.

As the hot and cold water mix inside the tub, Daniel tried to pull up his soiled shirt. Sean saw him struggling and helped him take off his clothes.

"Here." Sean gave the soap and shampoo to his brother. "Or should I wash you up?"

Daniel shook his head and took it from his hand. "Just don't leave me."

Sean nodded and felt his phone ringing. "Hang on, Daniel." He said answering his phone.

"Sean!" Israel screamed out. "They took Angela and the others. Daniel! I- I. Sean! Chico told me everything! He heard people by the port!"

"Israel, I know I know. I'm here with Daniel. He ran as fast as he could. I'm just helping my brother clean up and I'll go to the restaurant."

"Sean! I don't know what I would do. Mom and Laura's freaking out! I'm freaking out!"

"Israel, you have to calm down."

"Calm down?! How can we calm down?! They got my sister!"

"Israel. We'll be there. I promise. Just get hold of yourselves. Please. We'll think of something."

"Hurry." Israel ended the call.

"I didn't do anything, Sean. How could I face them?" Daniel said trying to wash his hair with his exhausted state.

Sean leaned over to Daniel and helped him wash his hair. "It's not your fault, Daniel. Don't do that to yourself. They had weapons and you don't want your friends to get hurt, especially Angela." Sean explained, comforting his brother. "Don't worry Daniel, I'm here for you. I won't leave by your side. We'll think of something. I'm sure the police are thinking of something too."

Daniel nodded and wiped the tears flowing from his face.

Sean pulled up the water stopper and drained the soapy bath. He then pulled the shower and carefully washed Daniel up. He then placed the towel on him after then helped him get dressed.

"Do you wanna stay here?"

"No. I'll go with you." Daniel replied holding his brother's arm. Afraid to let go.

"Okay."

Sean and Daniel walked around the block. It was already 12AM when they arrived to Doña Felicidad.

The restaurant was filled with decorations as it was Cinco De Mayo. Yet it wasn't so happy as darkness filled the restaurant.

"Daniel! I'm glad you're safe!" Maria immediately went for a hug with her tears still on his eyes.

"Let them take a seat first, ma." Israel said guiding them to the sofas.

"Could you tell us what happened?" Laura asked, worriedly. Her voice crackled as Daniel told what happened in the camp.

"I'm sorry I didn't do anything. Angela and Tristan, they helped me escape. I want to kill them but they stopped me. Saying I could get hurt and nobody will know what happened to them, just like Mateo." Daniel said, bowing his head.

"No, no, Daniel" Laura conforted. She looked at Sean asking who Mateo was. Sean shook his head and gestured she'll tell her later. She continued. "Angela don't want you to get hurt, we understand. That's a good thing. What about the adults? What happened to them."

"Mrs. Reyes was shot... Tristan said the cholos killed them. The driver was part of them. I don't know what happened to the others."

Israel pulled up the card he received from Chief Cortez and called him. "I'll be right back." Israel said to his family.

"They have guns." Laura said. "Are we just going to let the police handle this? What if they're too late? They haven't even found 1 single child!"

"No! It can't be too late. My mija. I'm sure she's scared." Maria sobbed, her palms shook on top of her lips.

Israel sat back down the sofa, telling them Chief Cortez will arrive soon.

Daniel tried to hide his exhaustion but his eyes was already welled up. Sean knew how much energy he had to take to run that far.

"Um, Maria. Could Daniel sleep here tonight? He hasn't have any rest since he arrived."

"Of course. Let him sleep on Angela's bed."

"Let's go Daniel." Sean said helping his brother get up and head to the stairs.

Daniel pulled of his shoes and get inside the bed and head for the blanket.

"Don't leave me, Sean."

"I won't, enano." Sean said stroking his brother's head, watching over him as he fall asleep. Sean stared at his brother. Daniel must've felt so useless to have his confidence struck down in this state, he thought. Was it right to lie low and hide Daniel's powers? Sean shook his head, Daniel is his brother, not a weapon. He wanted to protect Daniel at all cost. They ran to the border to seek refuge and start a new life. There are people here in Mexico who accepted Daniel for his powers, the Felicidads and Francisco. They were not afraid of what Daniel can do. They wanted to protect him like Sean wanted for him. He doesn't want to leave Puerto Lobos just because these things kept happening. They know this struggle, they don't want to run anymore. This is their home. No more running until this night.

Sean heard footsteps coming from the stairs, a knock was heard from the door.

Sean opened it and saw Jefe Cortez with Israel accompanying him. "My brother's sleeping." Sean said, as he thought they want to ask Daniel what happened.

"No, I'm here to talk to you."

Sean looked at his brother, he promised not to leave his side. "Okay. Just for a minute." Sean slowly closed the door and had the discussion on the hallway. "How could we help?"

"This gang. We're tracking them ever since. They've kidnapped children and few were never found. There's a ship about to dock in the port, and will leave by tomorrow morning. I'm sure its what they will use to ship the kids."

"What happened to those who came back?"

Cortez looked into Sean's eyes and spoke with a serious tone. "Their organs were harvested. Those who didn't come back may have been sold oversees. Mateo... My son. He died having his liver harvested. He was delivered in a box, Sean. You wouldn't know how hard for me to see my only son, delivered in a small box!"

Sean closed his lips. The poster of the child in the bar stall back then at the beach was not just a child missing but his.

"Why did you keep this from us?" Sean asked.

Cortez immediately answered his question. Sincerely and fired everything. "He's my son out of wedlock. Her mother didn't want to see me as she was better without me. Who wouldn't? I'm just a poor man who has nothing to give. She then married a wealthy estranghero for her sake and left me out of the picture. I didn't do anything. Because I know deep inside, she was right. Who am I?

I'm just a man who fucked her outside of a bar one night. Right?

I don't have any say." Cortez leaned by the door as pain grieved over him. "But because of that I worked hard, day and night, I walked as a janitor, construction worker, then paid for my studies in the police academy. Five years after I became chief of the police. But is all worthless... I did it because I want to be with my son, showing who his real dad was. A hero... but how can I do that now if he's dead... I was the chief of the police and I couldn't do anything to save my son. Pathetic. I immediately called his mother when he was delivered that day. The only thing we could do was have his funeral in private and took down the posters the next day."

Sean slammed the door frame in anger. The people who did this was downright evil. "We... we have to do something fast."

"That's why I'm here, Sean." Cortez stated. "We have to rescue those children, I know where the gang is hiding. That ship will leave Puerto Lobos tomorrow morning, they'll use it to export the children." He emphasized once again.

"Why're you telling me that? You guys should get ready for a raid by now."

"You don't understand." Cortez interjected. "The gang is protected by corrupt officials. They'll set everything up so that the police will be too late. That's why we need you and your brother."

"What do you mean by that?" Sean asked worried.

Israel finally spoke up. "Sean, Jefe knows about Daniel's power. We could rescue Angela and the others with your help."

"My brother is not a weapon, Israel."

"I know that, Sean. Angela knows that that's why he helped him escape.

It's just you're our only hope, right now. We're losing time.

Just as Jefe Cortez said. The gang is protected by officials. Please, we need your help."

"I- I don't know. Let me think about it." Sean said, opening the door to Angela's room where Daniel was sleeping. He looked at him worried. It was like the time they were on the ranch but worse. This time, it wasn't about money but lives they're risking. Sean sighed as he tried to close the door.

Cortez held it from closing and uttered a sentence that struck Sean. "We could give you two, immunity."

Sean stopped from his tracks as Cortez continued.

"When Israel told me about Daniel's power, I soon realized what happened at the border.

There are no recordings of what happened.

Of course no one will want it from slipping, a child with that power is an asset to America." Cortez explained and continued, emphasizing on his last sentence. "We can give you immunity, blank slate. You won't be hiding anymore. Puerto Lobos will be your home. You can enroll back to school. Your names will be cleared out of any crimes they think you did. You will be protected."

Sean turned around and looked at Cortez's eye. His look was sincere and honest, he can feel it but still doubting. "How would I know you're not lying just to use my brother?"

Cortez pulled out a piece of document from his pocket and opened it in his eyes. "I already made a draft. It just needs a prosecutor's signature. That is my brother."

Sean looked at the document with the seal of Mexico and Puerto Lobos. Identified on the document was his name and his brother, Sean Diaz and Daniel Diaz.

"Sean, please. This is the most regard I could give you two. I give you my word. Immunity."

"Why are you doing this? You could've arrested me."

"Because I know you're a good man. -And because my son already died because of them. This is my penitence. I promised him I'll do everything to protect his friends. I promised my step son. Mateo Javier."

Sean paused for a moment. A man begging, for a son he never had ties with. A man who's son did not even know who he is. He could've left him and forget about it but because of him he strived hard to be in the position he's right now. And for what? To speak to a dead child that never realized he was his real father. "I'll talk to Daniel." Sean said thinking all about this as he closed the door behind him.

Sean stroked his brother's head and whispered. "Enano. Can I talk to you?"

Daniel's eyes opened, tired. His hands wiped out the tears that dried out on his eyes. "Sean? What's wrong?"

"Chief Cortez and I talked. Daniel we need you to use your powers."

"But you said, I don't have to anymore?"

"Yes, I know Daniel. This is different. Angela and the others are in a dangerous situation right now. They might get hurt and they might never get to see their family again. Just as you said. -And if we do this, we'll have immunity. Those people chasing us in America? They won't get us now. Puerto Lobos will protect us."

"Really?! Sean. That's amazing." Daniel gripped his brother tight. "Of course, Sean. I'll do it, for Angela and my friends. And us."

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Sean, yes. I'll do it. Don't worry. I'll be careful. Just like what happened in the border."

Sean nodded and embraced Daniel tightly. He then kissed his forehead and gripped tight once more. "I love you Daniel."

"I love you too, Sean."

Sean inhaled and closed his eyes. He didn't want to endanger Daniel but they have no choice. He sighed and hugged Daniel tightly. "You better rest, enano. I'll go to bed with you later, I'll just need to talk to them."

Daniel nodded and went back to bed.

"Thank you, Daniel."

"No problem, Sean."

As Sean went down to the ground floor, Chief Cortez, Israel, Laura, and Maria waited for his response.

"We'll do it."

Afternoon came as Sean woke up from the bed, Daniel wasn't beside him and was shocked to see his brother gone. He ran down to the stairs and saw him eating his lunch.

"Sean! I didn't want to wake you up." Daniel explained as he knew Sean was worried.

The restaurant was closed as Maria didn't want to open. Crowds were already outside, celebrating Cinco De Mayo. Cortez explained they'll use this day to move the kids to the ship. A distraction they'll use to leave Puerto Lobos.

There was only one thing in Maria's mind. To see her daughter, Angela safe.

"Eat up, Sean. Francisco and Marco will be here soon." Israel said placing a plate on the table.

"Chico?" Sean asked.

Israel nodded. "He volunteered immediately when he found about it. He's been a family friend for a long time."

"Where's Laura and Maria?"

"They went out. Mom wanted to get things for you guys. Don't worry, they may be rattled but they're holding up. Even me. I just want to see my sister safe."

Sean sat down and held his shoulder. "Israel, thank you. For everything. I promise, we'll bring your sister home safe."

"Thank you, Sean. Really." Israel said, about to broke down. Yet he didn't wavered his faith. "I just hope Angela's safe."

Sean told Israel they need to go back home to prepare as he had the gun he took from Sergio, awhile back. Israel agreed and they'll pick them up as soon Francisco and Chief Cortez are ready.

It was almost sunset when Sean and Daniel prepared themselves.

Sean loaded the gun he got from Sergio's car. He hoped he doesn't use it for this night but if he does, he's prepared to shoot anybody just to save Angela and the kids.

"Daniel. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"What do you think, Sean? That's Angela and my friends you're talking about. Yes I'm sure!" Daniel said, frantic.

"Dude. Chill out. I'm scared too. If that's what you want to know. But I'm not holding back. I'm sure Maria and the others are even more terrified of what may happen." Sean explained as he tried consoling his brother.

"I know, Sean. I'm sorry, I just want Angela and my friends back safe."

"It's okay, Daniel. I understand." Sean then opened the closet and pulled out a familiar red fabric and tied it to Daniel's back.

"Chris..." Daniel whispered.

"You're Superwolf. Captain's Spirit's partner and my litte brother." Sean said, hugging Daniel. Sean can't believe himself letting his brother do this, as he resisted the heist back at the weed ranch.

Daniel nodded. It was then they heard a truck stopped in front of their coast house.

"Sean, you remember Tristan? He's our new recruit. Vista De Aguila, I'm sure Chris will like him."

Sean smiled and nodded. "We can't let Fairy Princess and Vista De Aguila waiting right? For now, Superwolf and El Diazblo Loco are going to save their friends."

Daniel smiled and nodded. Agreeing on what he just said.

"That must be them."

Sean and Daniel went outside, prepared on what might happen. They were ready.

Israel gulped, staring at Sean and Daniel enter the back of his truck. Francisco was at the back, geared and prepared. He was wearing a vest he made from hard rubber and some parts he molded together as protection. Beside him was a shotgun.

"Where did you get that?" Sean asked.

"I dived down that murky water and took it off from the car." Francisco explained. "No kids shall be harmed in Puerto Lobos while I live. Here, I made something for you guys." Chico opened up a box beside him and gave it to Sean and Daniel.

"A bulletproof vest?"

Chico nodded. "Don't think we're going there without these."

Sean lifted up his shirt and braced himself with Chico's makeshift bullet proof vest.

Even though it was heavy and hard to move. He can't always rely on Daniel's power to protect them.

Daniel took his shirt off and followed how Sean put it on his chest before wearing his shirt back on.

"How's everyone doing?" Cortez asked, pulling the rear window to see them.

"We're ready. Let's do this." Sean replied.

Israel looked at his rear view mirror. He was terrified but he can't let his sister and the children be taken by those mad men. He then turned to the road and the vehicle drove to the building Cortez directed for him.

The night was silent as the truck drove. They don't have a plan but they know they had to do it for the sake of the children.

They stopped two blocks from the ruined building. Sean and Daniel got out first, followed by Francisco and Cortez.

Israel picked up the metal bat beside him and stoop down from the truck.

"What are you doing? We told you to stay." Cortez asked, stopping Israel.

"That's my sister inside there! You can't stop me. I will do everything what it takes to get her back!"

"I know, Israel. But we need you to stay. You're our getaway after we get the children out."

"But... Damn it." Israel can't help the feeling of anguish inside him. He wanted to burst out and kill those people who took her sister but he knows that Cortez was right. "Fine. I believe in you guys. Please, get my sister back."

"We will, Israel. We will." Cortez comforted.

Israel watched the four walking, hidden by the shadows of the abandoned factory. He climbed up inside his truck as the dark sky loomed over the building. He slammed the drive wheel in anger, he felt so useless at the moment. He can't help himself crying as he can only do was wait for them to get back.

"It's locked." Daniel whispered. It was a padlock and a metal bar that was holding them back.

"There must be another way. They'll leave the building before dawn." Francisco explained. "Maybe there's another entrance at the back. Let's go there."

"No." Sean rejected. He then took a peak on the other side of the wall. "It's locked. Nobody's guarding it." He then turned to his brother. "Daniel, can you unlock it without raising any noise?"

"I'll try." Daniel then raised his arm and concentrated on the lock. The padlock floated a little and vibrated. A click was heard and the lock flew on the ground.

It was the first time Cortez saw what Daniel can do. He was surprised as everyone was.

"Now the problem is that metal bar. We can't let it make any noise." Sean thought for a moment before Francisco volunteered.

"I'll do it." Francisco pulled out a bottle of grease inside his cargo pants and put a generous amount on the bar. He then inserted his hand on the metal grills and slowly moved it from side to side, making it loose.

Finally the pull-bar gave way and Francisco hurriedly placed grease on the hinges, silencing it.

Sean opened the gate slowly until they all got inside.

They then moved toward the walls of the abandoned factory and moved silently, finding a way in.

Daniel saw a door and turned the knob. It was locked. He knew he can't force it open or the people will know they're here.

"Is there another way?" Sean asked, looking around in the dark.

Cortez pulled Sean to the wall as he saw one of the people patrolling outside the building. "Careful. He might see us."

He was walking around the building and he was getting closer. He was holding a gun on his right arm while smoking a cigarette with the other.

"Can you get his gun?" Sean asked, directed to his brother.

Daniel nodded and readied his arm.

"Okay. Chico and I will take him down."

Sean sat at the corner and waited for the man to turn.

Cortez readied his gun in case something happen.

Daniel immediately saw the gun and forced it flying to the sky.

The man was surprised and Sean kicked his legs, causing the man to fall down.

Chico rammed his shotgun to the man's shoulder causing him to fall unconscious.

"Where did you learn to do that?" Sean whispered.

"Not the right time to ask questions, Sean." Chico directed as he continued to find an entrance.

Sean checked the man's pockets, looking for a key but there's none.

"Guys. We have no choice. We can't just barge in the front door. We have to take this one. We're losing time." Sean explained, he then turned to Daniel and nodded. "Do it, Daniel."

"No." Cortez stopped Daniel. "We have to. Or they might escape and cause trouble again. We have to end this now."

"He's right, Sean." Chico whispered.

Sean agreed and tapped his brother's back.

Cortez and Chico took the patrolling cholos down without any noise as Daniel quickly disarm them one by one.

They arrived at the front door where two thugs stood, carrying a gun strapped to their shoulders.

"Daniel. I'm sorry you have to do this." Sean said knowing what will happen.

"It's okay, Sean. I'm doing this for my friends." Daniel raised his arm and slammed the guards on the wall causing them to fall unconscious.

"Who's there?!" The man inside ran out to see the two guards down on the ground with blood on their heads. He then felt a force stopping him from moving and heard a loug thud causing him to fall dark.

Daniel ran to the front door with a forcefield he created, alerting the men inside.

They then pointed a gun to Daniel, and fired in an instant they saw him. Without regarding that he's just a child.

Daniel stopped the bullets from penetrating them. Chico ran towards Daniel's back and took a shot at one of them to the shoulder. Causing him to bellow in pain. Sean latched his gun and fired, shooting a man on the chest.

"Mierde!" The man exclaimed as Daniel finished them both, slamming them to the ground.

They then heard yelling inside the factory, ordering his people around.

"Angela!" Daniel called out.

"Daniel!" Angela screamed and Daniel heard a loud slap which sent her crying and screaming.

"Callarse!" The man angrily said.

"Shit!" Cortez called out, worried for the little girl.

"Don't touch her!" Daniel fumed and ran towards the voice.

"Daniel, wait!" Sean called out as he followed his brother. He then saw a glimpse of a man on his side with a gun firing at him.

"Sean!" Cortez called out.

"Ack!" Sean fell on the floor as the bullet grazed him on his shoulder.

Cortez immediately shot the man, killing him.

"Sean!" Daniel turned around to see his brother on the ground.

"Daniel!" Sean saw another one of the thugs behind Daniel and pulled the gun's trigger but missed him.

Daniel then sent a massive force and crashed him on the wall before going toward his brother. "Sean! Are you hurt?!"

Sean lifted up his palm from his right shoulder with blood trickling down his arms. "It's just a graze. Careful now. That guy almost shot you." Directing at the man Chico killed.

"We'll do this together." Cortez initiated.

Daniel nodded as he helped his big brother to stand.

They then continued to stop each thug who went to hunt them down. Daniel stopped their movements as Cortez and Sean rammed their guns on the men's heads. Chico was the lookout in case they missed someone.

They then arrived to the garage. Sean was shocked and realized who was the man behind the operation.

He saw the man who ran away from the accident in the resort. A man he believed that had everything.

He saw Fernandez ordering the children around to climb inside the truck.

"Stop, We have you cornered." Cortez announced.

Sean and Francisco pointed their gun to the gang leader.

Fernandez chuckled and pulled the girl's hair beside him and cocked his gun.

"Daniel!" Angela cried, She then felt the gun on her head.

"Angela!" Daniel called out.

"Leave, or I'll shoot!" Fernandez then looked at the children terrified, stopping from their tracks. "What are you doing?! Who told you to stop! Fucking kids! Move your asses or I'll shot you one by one!"

"Daniel!" Tristan called out by the truck.

"Don't worry we'll get you guys safe!"

"Fernandez, dios mio. Para esto ahora. You have nowhere else to run." Sean explained.

"We have this place surrounded!" Cortez bluffed as he knew his reinforcements are held by the corrupt officials.

"Damn, Mexicans!" Fernandez called out. He then looked at Cortez with anger in his eyes. "If you didn't kill my brother then this wouldn't happen. It's all your fault." He quickly turned to the children and slammed the truck. "I said move! I won't hesitate to kill you one by one!"

"It wasn't Cortez who killed your brother. It was us." Sean stated. "Cortez was just there to see what happened."

"Sean Diaz? Who do you think you are?!"

"Sean, what are you doing?!" Cortez whispered. Cautiously holding the situation.

"Sean? Daniel?" Fernandez finally understood who he was talking to. "You were the ones who crossed the border! Do you even know how devastated I am when I found out my only brother died because of you?!"

"It wasn't our fault. He tried to take us back to America."

"So that's how it is..." Fernandez chuckled, holding his gun still on Angela's head. "We're like you. We moved from America to Puerto Lobos as it wasn't paradise like our parents thought. I raised Sergio by my own, doing everything to survive this unfair world. Do you understand? I will do everything."

"No, we are not the same." Sean stated. "We will never do what you and your brother had done to Puerto Lobos. We may have killed those people at the border to get to Mexico but we will never use or kill children to survive. You don't deserve the love we have in Puerto Lobos. These people helped us to live in Puerto Lobos and I could never harm them for the sake of survival. That's what makes us different Fernandez."

Fernandez smiled and nodded, agreeing on what Sean just said. "You see, I could never go back now, Sean. Sergio and I had strayed so much that we don't care about what happens now." He warned as he pulled Angela closer to him, indicating he's ready to kill just to escape.

"Just take me. Leave Angela." Daniel said.

"Daniel, what are you doing?!" Sean called out to his brother who was moving closer to Fernandez.

"Daniel, don't do this!" Cortez said.

"Daniel! Please, get back here!" Sean called out once more, afraid of what could happen.

"Trust me on this, Sean. It's time I'll take care of you." Daniel said, unwilling to back down, raising his hand as he continued to walk toward Fernandez.

Sean teared up, bursting of anger. "Daniel, please. Don't do this."

"You can use me to escape. Just don't harm my friends. Let Angela and the others go."

Chico and Cortez pointed the shotgun on Fernandez, ready to shoot.

"Alright move your ass! Mijo" Francisco ordered.

Daniel slowly walked toward Fernandez as he waited for him to let go of Angela.

Fernandez grab hold of Daniel and pushed the girl on the ground, causing her to plummet on the floor. He was about to place the gun on Daniel's head when everything on his body stopped from moving.

"Hnnngh! What's happening."

Daniel didn't need to use his arm anymore to control his power. He looked directly at Fernandez. Gritting his teeth in anger, Daniel moved away, still locked eyes on him. "Sean, I got him!"

"Daniel!" Sean called out, scared yet impressed on what Daniel just did.

"What- what are you?!" Fernandez terried as he slowly lifted from the ground.

Fernandez immediately pulled the trigger causing the bullet to shoot out of the barrel.

"Daniel!" Sean said worried as the gun struck him with fear.

Daniel stopped the bullet in the air even though it was pointed at the ground.

"How dare you try to hurt my friends!" Daniel said fuming in anger.

Sean and the others heard the sound of bones breaking as Daniel tried to crush him.

"How dare you!" Daniel screamed as an invisible force slammed Fernandez by the truck.

"Daniel don't." Sean said.

"Why? But he tried to hurt my friends! Mateo, Tristan's best friend. Every missing child in Puerto Lobos! He did not deserve to live!"

"I know." Sean raised his gun and pointed to Fernandez's head. "You have too much on your hands this night. It's my turn."

"No- no! I beg you! No!" Fernandez struggled in the air as Sean looked at him in the eye.

"Sean, don't do this." Cortez interjected. "I can't let you do this. I told you, I'll protect both of you."

"We can't let him go. He had done so many things. He killed your son!"

Cortez lowered Sean's gun. "I know. That's why I need to do this."

Cortez exhaled and pulled the trigger, shooting Fernandez on the head. He then dropped down on the ground as Daniel lifted up his grip.

Chico ran toward the kids and helped them get out of the truck.

"Mijos, mijas. Sígueme." Chico instucted the kids to follow him as they ran toward the exit.

Angela and Tristan immediately went toward Daniel and embraced him as they knew they're finally safe.

"You did it, Daniel. We know you could do it." Tristan said.

"Not without you guys, you helped me escape. Are you guys hurt? Did they do anything to you?"

Angela shook her head. "They just told us to go inside the school bus and they drove us here."

Daniel nodded, as Sean and the others helped them leave the abandoned factory.

When they finally get out, Sean called out to Israel who then immediately got out of the vehicle and ran toward his sister.

"Angela! Gracias a Dios! You're safe! I don't know what I'll do if you got hurt!"

"Let's go Israel. The police will be here any moment." Cortez said.

Israel nodded as he placed Angela beside him and started the truck.

Sean, Daniel, and Chico hurriedly loaded the kids on Israel's truck.

"Marco, let's go!" Chico called out his friend.

"You guys go, I have to secure the perimeter." Cortez replied.

"Are you sure about this?" Francisco asked, making sure he's doing alright.

"Just get the children safe. Don't let Sean and Daniel be seen by anyone."

"Okay. Goodluck. Amigo."

Chief Cortez nodded as he watched Francisco lower the metal door.

Israel finally started the engine, ready to drive.

"Guys, I know you're all scared but your safe now. There's just one thing We'd like to ask." Sean said. "If anyone asked how you got out, tell them Chico. rescued all of you. Got it?"

"Sean." Chico called out.

"I know. I'm sorry, but Daniel and I can't be found by the police. They'll send us back to America. I trust Cortez that he'll follow through the immunity but it's a risk." He then turned back to the kids, waiting for their response. "You all got it, you don't want Daniel to leave right?"

The kids nodded as Sean and Daniel got inside of the truck.

Chico knocked on top of the truck, signalling Israel they're ready.

The truck then started to drive toward the night. They then saw the square where Maria called the families who were all waiting for their children to come back.

"Let's go Daniel." Sean instructed. Chico knocked on top of the truck and Israel slowed down, giving time for Sean and Daniel to jump from the truck and run away from the road.

Israel finally stopped in front of the town square as the people clamored to the back to see their children weeping and scared of what happened.

Chico opened the back of the truck and helped the children down. Israel helped his sister down as Laura and Maria ran toward her.

"Mija!" Maria cried as she felt her daughter's warmth. Angela continued to cry as she hugged her mother back.

"Where's Sean and Daniel?" Laura whispered to his brother.

"They need to run. People can't know they're part of this."

"I see." Laura said as she tapped her mother and ran to the other side of the road.

"Where are you going?" Israel asked yet Laura was already too far to hear him.

At the otherside of the town, Sean and Daniel finally arrive to their house, panting and wheezing, hoping no one saw them.

"Sean... We need to clean your wound." Daniel said under his breath, panting.

"Dude, don't worry. I told you its just a graze." Sean said as he unlocked the door.

"Sit." Daniel said as he ran to the stairs. "I'll find the first aid kit."

"Daniel, I'm fine. Don't worry!" Sean said as he sat on the sofa, smiling as he knew Daniel was worried about him.

Moments later he heard a knock on the door.

Sean stood up, wondering of who might be on the otherside. Is it one of Fernandez's thugs?

He then heard Daniel going down from the stairs holding the first aid kit.

"Sean, who's there?"

"Shhh!"

Sean slowly opened the door and saw a familiar face.

He then fully opened the door and greeted her.

"Sean!" Laura leaped from the door and embraced him with tears on her eyes. "I can't believe you did it. Gracias! Muchas Gracias"

Sean can hear her sobbing and comforted her. "You know we can't just stand there and do nothing. That's Angela, she's like my sister already."

Laura continued to sob, she then whispered. "Just let me hold you."

Sean comforted her and slowly closed the door.

"Umm, Laura. Sean's blood is dripping on your dress."

"Que?!" Laura pulled out from her embrace and immediately found Sean's wound. "You're hurt! Daniel, give me those!"

"Relax, I'm fine!"

Laura pulled Sean and let him sit on the couch. She then ripped out a fabric of her dress and wiped Sean's wound.

"We got, towels you know?" Daniel confused on what she just did.

Laura didn't answered as she was too focused on Sean's wound.

She then put out a generous amount of alcohol on the cotton and pressed on Sean's shoulder.

"Ah!" Sean winced, the sting of the alcohol made him jump.

Daniel then placed the towel on the table and watched Laura, dress Sean's wound.

"How's Maria?" Sean asked, breaking the ice.

"She was worried sick for all of you." Laura finally tied the bandage and placed everything back to the kit. "Mom's fine now, I hope. Don't worry. Israel's with her."

"Shouldn't you be with your sister? I'm sure she's looking for her hermana."

"Do you want me to go?" Laura asked as she prepared to leave.

"Hold on! I didn't mean to-" Sean said as she stopped her from the going out of the door.

Laura turned and gave him a kiss on the lips. "Thank you for getting my sister back." She then smiled and left the door, leaving Sean stunned.

"Suuure. I did all the work and you had the kiss." Daniel rolled his eyes smiling as he went upstairs.

Sean can't believe on what just happened as he touched his lower lip. Sean can't help but to smile as he followed his brother upstairs.

The next morning, Sean and Daniel was woken up by a knock on their garage door.

Sean stepped down from the bed and hurriedly get dressed.

"Sean..." Daniel called out worried.

"Go back to sleep. Don't worry."

Sean stepped down the stairs as the knock on their garage continued.

"Who's there?"

"It's me, Sean. Open up."

"Cortez?" He asked in caution.

"I have good news. My brother signed it. You're free."

Sean opened up the garage door with Cortez smiling at him.

"I can't believe this." Sean said receiving the certificate with their name on it. "Is this really happening?"

"Yes, Sean. I told you. I never break promises."

Sean can't help himself tear up. He then heard his brother walking down the stairs.

"Sean, what's happening?" Daniel asked, worried as he saw the chief of the police in front of him.

"Daniel. We're free." Sean said smiling with the immunity in his hand.

Daniel ran toward his brother and went for an embrace.

"Thank you." Sean said.

Cortez nodded as he tried to leave. "By the way, are these yours?"  He said pointing at a month's worth of food in baskets beside their house.

"What?" Sean looked curiously. He then took a letter on top of one of the baskets and opened it.

"Muchas Gracias." Sean read out, he then looked at Cortez. "I didn't."

"Looks like somebody knows what you guys did." Cortez explained. "No worries. No one will arrest you guys. See yah."

"Wait. What happened?" Sean asked about what happened last night.

"I made sure to hide you guys. Check today's paper. Maybe Maria has it by now. By the way, I have a job offer for you guys, head at the presinct whenever you guys are ready." Cortez said waving as he road his motorcycle back on the road.

Daniel carried one of the baskets inside and pulled his brother back at the house. "Come on, Sean. I wanna see Angela and Tristan. They sent a text through your phone last night, they'll have breakfast in Doña Felicidad to celebrate." Daniel said smiling as he went upstairs to change.

Sean smiled and placed the certificates inside his pockets and reached out for the baskets and placed it on the table.

Inside Doña Felicidad, they celebrated their belated Cinco De Mayo with Tristan's family and some of the Felicidad's friends.

Sean looked around smiling and turned to his brother who was still wearing Chris's cape. Everyone was having fun, it was like darkness was gone and the sun had finally risen.

This is what Sean and Daniel truly wanted. Happiness, love, and content.

Israel pulled out the party poppers as hundreds of confetti blew up from the cylinders.

"Israel, Dios mio! La comida!" Laura said laughing as she tried to cover the food in front of her.

Sean and Daniel with the others can't help to laugh as they fan the confetti using the paper plates Maria had provided.

Happiness truly had come to Puerto Lobos. Cholos had soon disappeared from the small town.

Sean and Daniel finally able to walk freely as they knew Estados Unidos could never get them back.

It was the most beautiful thing Sean and Daniel could ask for.

Happiness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 47 7
Lyla Park received a letter from a mysterious sender with an address to Humboldt County. Without a name of who its from... there was a gut feeling in...
10.7K 260 18
(Y/N), 16, has been struggling with her mental health for years since her father's passing, causing her mother to fall into deep depression and take...
8.1K 178 13
Puerto Lobos seemed like an escape from every day life for Y/n GarcĂ­a, but when she moves in close to car repairs ran by the Diaz Brothers with her a...
19 5 3
A Life Is Strange 2 fanfic. Follow Sean's continuing story after turning himself over to ensure Daniel has a good life. Follow his harrowing journey...