The Journey of a Broken Heart

De FatimaBintaySalman

Laura's sister Lynn is battling Osteosarcoma (a type of cancer) and she is trying to protect her but she hers... Mai multe

Chapter 1: LAURA
Chapter 2: LYNN
Chapter 3: LAURA
Chapter 4: LYNN
Chapter 5: LAURA
Chapter 6: LYNN
Chapter 7: LAURA
Chapter 8: LAURA
Chapter 9: LYNN
Chapter 10: LAURA
Chapter 11: LAURA
Chapter 12: LAURA
Chapter 13: LAURA
Chapter 14: LYNN
Chapter 15: LYNN
Chapter 16: LYNN
Chapter 17: LAURA
Chapter 18: LYNN
Chapter 19: LAURA
Chapter 20: LYNN
Chapter 21: LAURA
Chapter 22: LYNN
Chapter 23: LAURA
Chapter 24: LAURA
Chapter 25: LAURA
Chapter 26: LYNN
Chapter 27: LAURA
Chapter 28: LAURA
Chapter 29: LAURA
Chapter 30: LYNN
Chapter 31: LAURA
Chapter 32: LAURA
Chapter 33: LYNN
Chapter 34: LAURA
Chapter 35: LYNN
Chapter 36: LAURA
Chapter 37: LYNN
Chapter 38: LAURA
Chapter 39: LYNN
Chapter 40: LAURA
Chapter 41: LAURA
Chapter 42: LAURA
Chapter 43: LYNN
Chapter 44: LAURA
Chapter 45: LAURA
Chapter 46: LAURA
Chapter 47: LAURA
Chapter 48: LAURA
Chapter 49: LAURA
Chapter 50: LAURA
Chapter 51: LAURA
Chapter 52: LYNN
Chapter 53: LAURA
Chapter 54: LYNN
Chapter 55: LAURA
Chapter 56: LAURA
Chapter 57: LYNN
Chapter 58: GEORGE
Chapter 59: LYNN
Chapter 60: LAURA
Chapter 61: LYNN
Chapter 62: LYNN
Chapter 64: LAURA
Chapter 65: LAURA
EPILOUGUE
Author's Note

Chapter 63: LAURA

122 19 36
De FatimaBintaySalman

And just like the moon we must go through phases of emptiness to feel full again.

Lynn lying in her stretcher. She seems so happy, so relived. I don't want her to go. I really don't want to lose her. I just can't accept the fact that I would have to spend the rest of whatever life I have left without her. I feel so selfish. I was not able to do anything for her and here she is giving up her own life for me. She is really kind, really loving, and really selfless. I can't believe she grew up so fast. I wish I could stop the clock and keep her safe and sound with me. I can't though.

I watched as tears spilled from Lynn's eyes. I came forward and wiped them. Her skin felt warm under my touch. Life was still inside her, I don't want her to go cold.

I wanted to say something to her. Something encouraging, something memorable but I just could not utter a word.

"Be brave," is all I was able to mutter

"You too," Lynn replied back. Her voice seemed as though nothing has changed. Honestly she didn't need that, "be brave" she already is so courageous.

"I love you Lynn," I cried. I could not hold my tears back anymore. This maybe the last time I see my sister. My heart feels as though someone is stabbing it with a knife.

"I love you Laura," she hugged me as I wrapped my arms around her. Her voice was shaky. She was shaking herself. She is scared? Well, maybe she needed that "be brave" after all. Both of us held each other. Both of us were breaking inside. Both of us were crying tears of our own despair.

I let go of her. I put my hand over her cheek and rubbed my thumb up and down in gentle strokes across. She looked at me and smiled. Her smile is so beautiful. I just wanna keep looking at me. I looked at her face memorizing everything about her. I don't want to forget her ever. I know I won't be able to but I still want her face fresh in my memory forever.

"I love you," she called out as the doctors took her inside the operation room. I held her hand till the very last moment. Now that her small fingers aren't wrapped around mine, everything seems so much colder.

The doctors put me on my stretcher as they wheeled me to my operation room. Both, Lynn and I were already in hospital gowns. Even thinking about her makes my heart ache. I love her.

The wheeled me inside the room once everyone said what they wanted to say. Mom could barely breathe through her tears and dad's voice seemed so heartbroken. George was literally crying! I didn't know he was this sofa but I am happy he didn't keep his emotions to himself.

I am being laid on my bed. The surgery is starting in ten minutes. After five minutes I would be getting wheeled inside the operation theater. I hope I never get wheeled out if Lynn is no more. I hope Lynn gets to live. Take my knee if you want to just save my sister. I know it is useless and stupid to think this but honestly I just want to do something for her.

I want to live yes but I want to live with her, by my inside. She would be inside you, my subconscious reminded me. But still I want her to live somehow. I just don't want her to go.

But at the same time there is a small part of me wanting to live to see what happens in the future. That part is excited to finally getting to live. Because before I was just surviving.

Listen, I am a very nice human being. Please think again before murdering me XD

Vote, Follow, Add and COMMENT! :)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

137 24 14
When Cora is running through the hall and bumps into someone, everything turns for the worse. When Evan's parents divorce and he is forced to move wi...
1.9K 33 22
On the way back from Disney World on spring break you meet your favorite band Why Don't We at a gas station. You and Daniel become very close and you...
325K 7.5K 45
She's lost her while family but her baby sister and a uncle. Her life has become keeping her little sister safe from the man who killed her family. ...
1.4K 36 16
"She was his other half. He was her other half. They felt complete, they felt whole, they felt better, around each other. But there were so many obst...