bats and dancing shoes // lip...

By mayamaw

How ace batter for Blockberry High's baseball team Jung Jinsoul wins the dance team's captain, Kim Jungeun's... More

homerun
princess
after detention
extra : bread girl (2jin)
friday night
street performance
extra : bet (chuuves & hyewon)
good news
training and feelings
D-Day!
Saturday
a talk, a call
wrecked
distraction
goodbyes
somewhere in the future
of reunions
extra: reclaim (2jin)
nostalgia day
the game
what happened last night?
karaoke pt.1
karaoke pt2
Press Conference + Q&A
[a/n]

worries

2.3K 118 41
By mayamaw

"It was a miracle you guys weren't spotted, huh?" Jiwoo set her lemonade to the table beside her. Jungeun groaned, stopping whatever notes she was pressing on the keyboard. "The fact Eunji unnie even allowed it was a miracle itself."

"How are you feeling?" Jiwoo asked, eyeing the other girl curiously. Jungeun appreciates how Jiwoo cares for her, but she wasn't in the mood to answer to anyone right now. Not when she herself was confused.

"I don't know. I'm just trying to focus on my concert right now," she assured her best friend. The singer was in a haze as she continued to let her fingers play as Jiwoo began to sing with her. It was very therapeutic for Jungeun because as soon as they stopped singing, she was sporting a soft smile.

After a few minutes of just letting her friend continue playing an impromptu piano solo, Jiwoo finally said, "who'll be your guest star this time?" Jungeun paused her movements, before continuing, "not sure. Do you want to?"

Kimlip was known for her tradition of inviting a secret guest star that would come out at her concerts. she's invited all sorts of people. Jiwoo, Yerim, hell, she even once invited Eunji and Mr. Lee to come. It was something that Jungeun would giddily think about as she chose who she would ask next, knowing that her fans would be pleased regardless of who it turns out to be.

But this time Jungeun couldn't think properly, she wasn't as excited to surprise her fans. "You want me to do it?" she nodded. Jiwoo wanted to protest about how Jungeun had a rule that if you were invited you're not allowed to it again in the next 5 concerts. Jiwoo had appeared in her 2nd latest concert. But Jungeun continued to play confidently, as if asking- no, saying that her decision was final. All Jiwoo could manage was nod, "okay."

Jiwoo knew something was wrong with Jungeun. She was worried for her, Yerim could tell from the way the older ranted to her about how she was going to feature in Jungeun's next concert while she followed her dancing instructions. she hummed, listening until Jiwoo had finished. She opted to cheer her up, so she roughened her voice, "that's rough, buddy."

She managed to get a chuckle of disbelief, eyes staring at her like she was crazy. at least Yerim tried, right? "Ah, sorry. What do you think is bothering her?" Yerim started to do another move and Jiwoo followed with a huff. "I know it's not my place to say but-"

"Hold on, lift your left arm further," Yerim watched through the mirror. Jiwoo did and continued when she heard the younger hum for her to continue. "Anyway, I'm like 70% sure this is about you-know-who."

"Please be more specific," Yerim deadpanned, moving on to do a jumping move. Jiwoo looked around the dance studio before lowering her voice, "you know, the national team's batter?"

Yerim stifled a laugh, "you know you can just say her name, right? Jinsoul isn't some wanted criminal on the run." She noticed Jiwoo panting. Maybe having this conversation while teaching her a choreography for a dance cover wasn't the best time. Yerim took a seat and Jiwoo understood immediately. "Fine, I think it's the fact she's met her again. The whole thing about her bringing Jinsoul home made her-" Jiwoo slapped a hand over her mouth. Jungeun told her it was a secret.

Yerim didn't flinch, only lifting an eyebrow, "what? the night of the big game? Don't worry I heard."

"How?"

"Hyunjin's a snitch."

"Ah, right," Jiwoo relaxed, not completely but she kept her composure again. "I'm sure she still-"

"Loves her?" She cleared her throat, "not what I was going to say but you know what? of course she still loves her. The thing is, just because they met again and still have mutual feelings doesn't erase the fact that Jungie is still an idol, you know?"

"But you and Sooyoung are still dating."

"Yes, but I'm her company's brand ambassador. It makes sense if we meet on schedules that we both have something to do with. Not only that, Sooyoung isn't that much of a public figure. She doesn't have an image that she should watch out for," Jiwoo explained. "Now, unlike Sooyoung, Jinsoul's career doesn't correlate with Jungeun's much. Also unlike Sooyoung, Jinsoul plays for the National Team. I don't know if she should be as careful as an idol about her image but she's still a public figure."

"Makes sense," Yerim now let herself lay on the floor. She felt disgusting, in this position drenched in sweat. "You care for her image, is that it?"

"Well, yeah."

"That's reasonable. You're both idols, you know what she's bound to go through. You're looking out for her. I understand that," Yerim paused to think. "But do you know what I think? I think that as long as they love each other, they'll be fine."

"Yerim they're-"

"Public figures, I know. But right now Jungeun is arguably a very successful artist that's respected. Jinsoul is also seen as a good figure, also highly respected. I don't think it might be such a bad idea for them to try it out."

"You have a point. They're both highly praised in the media," Jiwoo's frown slowly turned into a smile. One that was seeking to be playful, "and it wouldn't be so bad if things are discussed with Mr. Lee first!"

"That's right, why would we treat this as a scandal?" Yerim sat up again, leaning on her elbows. She tilted her head in question when Jiwoo pouts. "I don't think they're gonna be talking to each other soon, though."

Yerim grinned, already scheming something, "don't worry. I think I got that covered."

Jinsoul was a burning red as she sat there, surrounded by her team with different reactions. By her right was Hyunjin laughing her ass off, her left was Yoojung who was snickering as well. Across her was Ryujin, Doyeon, and Sojung, her captain who didn't look so pleased as she sighed. "Jinsoul, you're sure you didn't do anything, right?"

"No. At least that's what she told me," she answered. Hyunjin was still laughing, hand on Jinsoul's shoulder for support as she leaned to her. "This is priceless! This was exactly what happened when you first met her."

Jinsoul burned a hot red, "okay, I get it. I'm sorry okay? apparently she found me alone when you guys already left and made me come with her." She felt Hyunjin continuously tap her, "did she cook you breakfast?"

Hyunjin continued her laughing fit in tears when Jinsoul nodded. "Unbelievable. Exactly the same."

"Ah!" Jinsoul slammed her palms on the table and stood up, "can we just forget this? I slept at my ex's apartment. So what?"

"let's just- please just get to practice?" she pleaded. Sojung huffed out, "since nothing really did happen, fine."

Hyunjin noticed that Jinsoul has been off throughout their practice. How she didn't seem to be focusing when they were doing laps. She even missed her hits a few times. Everyone was throwing questioning glances that Jinsoul wasn't even paying attention to because she was busy in her own world.

It was by the end of practice did Hyunjin get a call when she was putting her gear back in her bag. Jinsoul saw her smile when she ended it, "was that Heejin?"

Hyunjin jogged beside the older, "No. Hey can I ask you something?" She changed the subject excitedly. "Uh, shoot."

"How are you with singing in front of people?"

"Not really sure about this, Yerim."

"Just do it!" the purple haired girl ushered.

"Ugh," Jiwoo furrowed her eyebrows together as she waited for the other line to answer. She almost yelped when she heard a voice greeting her. "Hi Mr. Lee! Can I ask your permission for something?"

She bit her lip as she continued, "Yeah so, you know how Jungeun invites people to her concert?"

Yerim smiled widely, her plan was going smoothly. She listened to Jiwoo's explanation to their boss, then resort to short 'yeah's and hums when it was his turn to speak. Her eyes beamed when he said, what Yerim guessed, was his permission. "Really? Thank you so much boss!"

She turned, grinning at Yerim who wasn't as excited as her yet. "Ask him about the other thing." Jiwoo's face dropped, shaking her head. "Ask him," Yerim mouthed again.

With a sigh, Jiwoo spoke, "Boss? Can I ask something else?" she halted, "how do you feel about Jungeun....dating?"

[a/n]
hello loves! how are you?

highschool started for me and I'm already so tired of online classes. it's just much more AWKWARD

anyway~ remember when I said a few chapters before that I'll close this story in a few more chapters? yeah haha idk if that'll be true but im trying :]

I hope everyone is taking care! Have a good day/night okay? See you next week~
-maya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.6K 1.7K 41
"This will be the last." Started : 4th May 2019 Finished : 20th June 2019 Edited : 28th September 2019
287K 13.8K 93
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
126K 2.2K 128
most buddie but it'll have the others and will probably have some chapters about Bobby being a dad.
4.6K 280 11
An aspiring journalist, Myoui Mina, is assigned to keep up with the rising girl group 6Mix. As talented and as beautiful as 6Mix is, their popularity...