Remnant's Wolverine (Wolverin...

By jushait

(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your pa... More

Enter Wolverine
Initiation
Players and Pieces
The Burden
Forever Fall
The Stray
Welcome to Beacon
Man and Mutants
omg holy fuck
A Minor Inconvenience
Extracurricular
Burning the Candle
Field Trip Gone Wrong Part. 1
Field Trip Gone Wrong Part. 2
Round One
Never Miss A Beat
Something's Wrong
Goodbye
New Life, New Problems
Daughter
Two In One Body
That Day
Hope
Long Time No See
Complicated Reunion
Fight For What's Right
The Truth
Down Memory Lane
Argus
Our Way
Ace-Operatives
Sparks
Gone To Shit
Confession
Out In The Open
With Friends Like These
Divide And Conquer
Strings
A Cinderella Story
War
...
Round Two

The Wolverine

2.5K 53 24
By jushait

Y/N

Y/N, just finished shaving his beard; puts on his jacket and grabs a cigar from his bag. The door opens in his room. Y/N looks at the door and sees Ruby.

Y/N: Oh, Ruby. What do you want?

Ruby: I just wanted to say good luck!

Y/N: You should know by now that I don't need luck. (chuckles) I'm out of Beacon aren't I?

Ruby: O-Oh, yeah.. about that..

Ruby sits on his bed, she puts her collapsed Crescent Rose onto the bed.

Ruby: I'm sorry for what they did to y-

Y/N: There's no need for that, Ruby. You couldn't have changed it either way.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow told me that you brought me down from the tower. T-Thanks for that.

Y/N: (chuckles) You're welcome, Ruby.

Ruby stares at Y/N, Y/N looks at her with a confused look. She snaps out of it.

Ruby: I-I should get going.. (nervous laugh)

Y/N: Yeah, I'll be with you soon.

Ruby nods and goes out of his room. Y/N looks at the window and stares at the shattered moon.

The scene cuts to Y/N and the group going out of the house. The group waits for Qrow to lock the door.

Qrow: (Okay. (turns to the group) Let's go.

Weiss: Why are we bringing our weapons?

Qrow: We don't know if this is a set up or not. It's best if we keep our guards up.

The group continues to walk down the night street. It was silent, and dark. The only thing lighting the area is a lonely dim street lamp.

Y/N: No wonder people don't go outside at night, this is depressing.

Nora: Definitely.

Pyrrha: I still think it has a pretty nice view.

It was silent again.

Pyrrha: Alright, I admit.. It is quite depressing.

The group except for Y/N, and Qrow snickered.

After a while, the group arrives at Haven Academy.

The full moon illuminates the night sky above Haven Academy. On the school grounds, Qrow Branwen takes the lead as the qroup follow close behind.

Ruby Rose stops and looks up to admire Haven's CCT tower, before Y/N grabs her shoulder and gets her to move again, she follows the rest of the group to a nearby building. They enter the building and are greeted by Leonardo Lionheart, who is standing on a terrace at the top of the stairs that is being held up by a statue.

Lionheart: Why hello. Thank you for... coming. (nervously) There... seems to be more of you than last time. (nervous chuckle)

Qrow and the rest of the group stop to look up at Lionheart.

Qrow: Eh, you know what they say, "The more the merrier". So what's going on with the council?

Lionheart: Why... did you bring your weapons?

Y/N: What? Leo, was it? They're Huntsmen. You okay?

Lionheart: Of course! Of course, sorry. Just haven't had my evening coffee.

Qrow: Look, it's nice to see you, but we got work to do. Are we getting support from the council or not?

While the two talk, Yang Xiao Long notices from the corner of her eye a black bird perched on a balcony railing.

Yang: Mom?

Everyone's attention is turned to the bird. It flies away just as Qrow shoots at it, but he misses.

Y/N: Qrow! (grabs Qrow's weapon. The two glare at each other)

The bird flies down behind Lionheart, transforming into Raven Branwen, donning her mask. Everyone glares at her.

Ruby: Raven...

Nora: They... they really are magic...

Raven: (taking her mask off) If you're going to shoot me, shoot me. That was insulting.

Qrow: What are you doing here?!

Raven: (walking down the stairs) I could ask you the same thing. You've been scheming, little brother. Planning to attack your own sister.

Qrow: Leo... what have you done?!

Lionheart: I...

Raven: Leo did what any sane person would in his position - he looked at all the information he had in front of him, assessed the situation, and made a choice. And it seems you all have too.

Qrow: (angry) You have the Spring Maiden.

Raven: I do.

Y/N looks surprised and looks at the two siblings, he's shocked that Raven didn't tell him about this.

Y/N: (lets go of Qrow's weapon) Then hand her over and let's work together! We can beat Salem!

Raven: All that time spent spying for Ozpin and you still have no idea what you're dealing with. There is no beating Salem!

Ruby: You're wrong. We've done things that most people would call impossible, and I know the only reason we were able to do it is because we didn't do it alone! We had people to teach us, people to help us, we had each other. Work with us. At least I know we'll have a better chance if we try together. Please.

Ruby holds her hand out. Raven glares at it.

Raven: You sound just like your mother.

Suddenly, Raven draws Omen and creates a portal with her Semblance. From the portal, a fireball is launched and hits Ruby square in her torso. She lands several feet back.

Yang: Ruby!

While Yang runs to her little sister, Cinder Fall steps out of the portal.

Cinder: Hello boys and girls.

She is then joined by Vernal, Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black as they too step out from the portal.

Pyrrha: (glaring) Cinder...

Cinder and her group line up alongside Raven, while Ruby's group gasp.

Mercury: C'mon guys, is that any way to greet your old friends?

Yang growls at him.

Qrow: Everybody, stay calm.

Suddenly they hear the doors behind them open up.

Oscar: Oh no...

Hazel Rainart is seen closing the doors behind him as he enters.

Hazel: The White Fang is prepping demolition and securing the school grounds. No one's getting in, and no one's getting out.

Outside, a White Fang soldier is seen placing a bomb on the CCT tower. The camera zooms out to show more bombs all primed set by more White Fang soldiers. Adam Taurus looks on.

Adam: Once the charges are set, move back to perimeter watch. Tonight, Haven falls. (he smiles evilly)

Back inside, everyone watches Hazel slowly approach them. They turn their attention back to Cinder.

Pyrrha: This was all just a trap?

Ren: It appears so...

Y/N: Raven, tell me... how long have you been with them?

Cinder: (mocking) Aww, don't take it personally, Y/N. Your adopted daughter was a recent addition. The lion on the other hand... Entrance into the Vytal Festival was a real treat, Leonardo's been sending Salem all sorts of information for a very, very long time. Isn't that right, professor?

Lionheart: (shamefully) Stop it...

Ruby: It was you... you sit on the Mistral Council. You had information on every Huntsman and Huntress in the Kingdom, and you gave it all to her?

Lionheart: I-

Qrow: I couldn't find any of them, because you let her kill them!

Lionheart doesn't say anything, only still having a sad expression on his face.

Cinder: Aw now, don't beat yourself up about it, Lionheart, I'm sure Tyrian and Hazel would've found them on their own eventually.

Jaune: What is wrong with you...? (seething) How can you be so broken inside... to take so many lives, and then come here and rub it in our faces like it's something to be proud of?!

Y/N: Jaune-

Jaune: (enraged) All with that damn smile on your face!! (tears stream from his eyes)

The rest of the group draw their weapons. Y/N looks at them and contemplates the situation.

Qrow: Everybody, stay calm!

Cinder just glares.

Jaune: I'm gonna make you pay for what you did!! Do you hear me?!

Y/N: Jaune!

Jaune: Well?! SAY SOMETHING!!

After a short pause, Cinder says her response.

Cinder: Who are you again?

At this, Jaune gains a look of shock, and then of anger. He transforms Crocea Mors to its two-handler form and advances forward. Cinder summons a glowing scimitar and blocks Jaune's attack.

Pyrrha : Jaune!

Pyrrha leaps into the air, but a chain wraps around her and she is pulled to the ground by Emerald.

Emerald: You're not getting near her.

Jaune is then pushed back by Cinder and the two begin their duel. Yang runs forward to join the fight, but Mercury lands in front of her.

Mercury: Hey there, Blondie. I'm thinking you owe me an apology for what your friend did to my leg, don't ya think?

Yang growls and uses Ember Celica to propel herself forward.

Raven: (to Vernal) Take out the heiress. Don't bother wasting your power, she's not worth it.

Raven then draws her sword as Qrow uses Harbinger to lock blades with his sister.

Qrow: Running away was one thing, but this... you've crossed the line!

Raven: Sorry, brother. Sometimes family disappoints you like that.

Qrow: We're not family anymore.

Raven: Were we ever?

Qrow: I thought so, but I guess I was wrong.

The two then proceed with their fight, Qrow ducks under a slash then jumps back. He dodges two more swings as Raven follows and clashes blades one time before she kicks him away. While the siblings battle, Vernal draws her weapons and confronts Weiss.

Vernal: Let's see what the Schnee name really means.

Vernal draws her weapons, while Weiss holds Myrtenaster en garde.

Weiss: I'm more than a name.

Vernal: Hm, prove it.

Weiss activates a glyph below her and projects herself forward to fight the Spring Maiden. Meanwhile, Oscar sneaks up the stairs to Lionheart while Hazel confronts Ren and Nora, who hold up their weapons defensively.

Hazel: I don't wish to fight either of you.

Ren: Nor I you.

Nora: But we will if you're with her!

Hazel: (cracking his neck and knuckles) Very well, then.

Hazel proceeds forward. As Lionheart nervously watches the fights going on, he then notices Oscar walk up behind him.

Lionheart: Young man, I don't know who you are or what you think you're doing, but for your sake, I suggest you leave. Now.

Oscar defiantly remains stationary before taking a few more steps toward Lionheart.

Lionheart: I'm warning you!

Lionheart holds out Stalwart which switches to active mode, while Oscar prepares to draw something from behind him.

Lionheart: That's enough!

Lionheart rotates his weapon, having a glyph appear above it which then conjures a flaming rock that launches at Oscar, who holds out his arms in front of him defensively as the attack explodes.

Oscar is unscathed, though his Aura shimmers. He continues to proceed up the steps and draws The Long Memory.

Lionheart: (eyes widening) Ozpin?

Oscar: Not quite.

Oscar then proceeds forward as his attacks force Lionheart on the defensive. Lionheart blocks or dodges most of them, one drives him against the rail.

Oscar hits it as Lionheart avoids another strike, then follows up with a swing that sends Lionheart staggering down the steps. He jumps down to continue attacking and eventually manages to whack Lionheart back a few steps.

Lionheart: This can't be... I knew you would be back, but... you made it here! You found Qrow! How?

Ozpin: (mentally) Leo... what happened to you?

Lionheart: Wait. You can't have had this form for long. You're... not really Ozpin right now. Boy. Child. If I deliver you to Salem, she'll have to be pleased with me, and I can finally get out of all of this! I can finally be free!

Lionheart, now determined, preps his weapon again.

Oscar: What do I do?

Ozpin: (dryly) Fight.

Oscar proceeds forward.

Meanwhile, Weiss leaps around on her glyphs, dodging Vernal's weapons as she throws them like boomerangs. After backing into a pillar Weiss is then forced on the defensive and creates a large ice wall.

She then stabs Myrtenaster into the ground as her Arma Gigas summon crawls out of her glyph. Suddenly, a large beam destroys the ice wall as well as the Arma Gigas before it could be fully summoned. One of Vernal's weapons knocks Weiss back several feet.

Vernal: (catching her weapon) Don't think I'm going to let you take the easy way out.

Elsewhere, Jaune is knocked to the ground.

Cinder: (chuckling) I'm starting to remember you, you're the dense one that can't tell when he's out of his league.

Jaune gets back up and clashes blades with Cinder again. Pyrrha watches them fight but is snapped out of her distraction by Emerald. She then transforms Thief's Respite into its revolver forms and fires at Pyrrha, who twirls around her remade Spear blocking Emerald's shots.

Pyrrha: Why are you doing this?! Salem's-

Emerald: I don't care about Salem! But I owe Cinder everything. You want to fight her that bad? Be my guest.

Emerald then activates her hallucination Semblance, creating a wall of fire which Cinder emerges from and charges at Pyrrha. Suddenly, Cinder's form disappears, while Emerald trips Pyrrha.

Ruby fires a bullet that narrowly misses Weiss, who is blocking Vernal's shots with Myrtenaster. Weiss attempts to summon, but Vernal is too quick and prevents her from doing so with a shot to the back.

Eventually, Weiss manages to launch Vernal out of the way using a glyph and prepares to summon again. Suddenly, Vernal appears in front of her and lands a point blank attack that depletes Weiss' aura. Weiss lets out a pained scream. Y/N hears this and looks in her direction as orange sparks comes from his pupils.

Weiss gets knocked out and Ruby runs to her.

Ruby: Weiss!

Ruby picks her up.

Ruby: Weiss wake up!

Cinder: Are you going to let her die too?

Jaune: Stop messing with me!

Cinder: If that's what you want...

Cinder then ignites her scimitar, which is now fully coated in flames. Cinder and Jaune proceed forward to clash. Ruby looks behind her and notices this. She briefly thinks back to the moment when Pyrrha died, and her eyes start to shine bright again.

Ruby: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

A bright light engulfs the area but dies down when Ruby is knocked unconscious by Emerald. Pyrrha holds her arrow wound in pain.

Suddenly, Cinder falls to her knees, holding her arm in pain. She looks up, and barely misses Jaune's attack as it chips her mask that conceals the left side of her face.

As Cinder moves out of the way, Jaune trips and falls. Cinder gets back up enraged, activating her Maiden power while doing so. She then steps on top of Jaune to hold him down.

Cinder: Did you think you actually had a chance against me?! You?!!

Jaune struggles to reach for his weapon while Cinder calms herself and deactivates her Maiden power.

Cinder: You're just a failure with a death wish.

Jaune: (struggling) If I die buying them time, then it's worth it. They're the ones that matter.

Cinder looks to Jaune's comrades as they fight against their respective foes. Nora jumps up attempting to bring Magnhild down on Hazel who grabs it. He tosses her aside then uses his arms to block Ren slashing with Stormflower.

Mercury blocks Yang's attack then ducks under a shot and leaps back. He launches himself up but only hits the floor as she moves. Before smiling evilly as she looks back down to him.

Cinder: You think so?

She then notices Pyrrha who is knocked down and is clutching her chest, Cinder begins to slowly proceed toward her while she conjures an obsidian spear.

Jaune: No... (watches helplessly while Cinder continues to advance towards Pyrrha) NOOOOOOO!!!

Pyrrha looks up angrily at Cinder. She grits her teeth, grabs her spear and stands up. Cinder smirks and looks to her side before looking back at Pyrrha.

Cinder throws the spear and it impales...

Y/N?

Y/N's eyes widen as the obsidian spear goes through him. He tries to scream, but can't get it out. He drops to the ground and tries to take a breath. Y/N tries to grab it, but his arm goes limp and drops to the ground.

As everyone stops their fighting and stare in shock as well. The spear then disintegrates as Y/N goes motionless.

The screen remains black as Jane's and Pyrrha's voice is heard yelling out.

Jaune and Pyrrha: Y/N!

Cinder Fall is shown smirking. Jaune quickly gets up and runs past Cinder. Pyrrha runs towards Y/N.

Oscar Pine watches Jaune approach the unconscious Y/N from his position. Oscar then looks over to the unconscious Ruby Rose. Angered, he smacks Leonardo Lionheart with The Long Memory, causing him to fall down the stairs and into Hazel Rainart, who remains unfazed as Lionheart falls to the ground. Oscar quickly runs over to Ruby, with Nora Valkyrie joining him.

Oscar: Ruby, get up! Get up!! We need you!

Hazel picks up Lionheart by his collar, lifting him off the floor.

Hazel: You're lettin' that boy make a fool of you.

Lionheart: That's not just a boy! It's Ozpin. (Hazel's eyes widen when he says this) He's already reincarnated!

Hazel drops Lionheart and looks over to Oscar, who is still trying to nudge Ruby to wake her up. He then notices The Long Memory being held in the young farm boy's hand.

Hazel: Ozpin?

Suddenly, the usual calm demeanor of Hazel slowly turns infuriated. Ruby stirs for a bit.

Oscar: Ruby! You--

Hazel: OZPIN!!!!

Oscar looks up.

Ozpin: (mentally) Oh no...

Hazel: You thought you could hide from ME?!!

Hazel rips his coat off, and then grabs a pair of lightning Dust crystals from a couple of pouches on his legs.

Hazel: You'll pay for what you did! You'll die over and over again!!

He stabs the lightning Dust into his arms, with his blood vessels turning yellow and popping out from his skin as well as having some lightning coat them.

His eyes glow yellow, and he lets out an intimidating roar. Oscar slowly backs away, holding his cane up cautiously.

Oscar: Do- do we fight?

Ozpin: (afraid) No, run!

Hazel leaps forward to charge into Oscar, but Qrow Branwen gets him out of the way in time. Qrow transforms Harbinger into its scythe form while Cinder watches. Raven Branwen and Vernal walk to her sides.

Cinder: (angry) Ozpin is here?!

Raven: Is that a problem?

Cinder: I'm not sure, but right now we got the upper hand. Let's not waste it.

Lionheart is shown on his knees when Cinder's voice gets his attention.

Cinder: (offscreen) Leo! Open the path to the vault!

Lionheart gets back up and approaches the statue in the room. He takes out his pocket watch and places it in a small niche on the statue. The hands on the watch gradually spin faster and the statue lowers.

Yang Xiao Long watches the situation in front of her. She looks to Jaune and Lie Ren as they tend to Y/N and then looks over to Nora and Pyrrha who is still trying to wake Ruby and Weiss up. Ren takes Y/N's shirt and uses it to apply pressure on the bleeding wound. Pyrrha looks to Yang.

Pyrrha: Stop them! We've got your team covered!

Yang lingers a bit before heeding Pyrrha's advice, but she gets kicked to the ground by Mercury Black. He is then joined by Emerald Sustrai.

Emerald: You wanna get to them? You're going to have to get through all of us.

Emerald uses her Semblance to create multiple copies of Mercury, which surround Yang. Meanwhile, Jaune uses his hands to apply pressure on Y/N's wound, while Ren holds his wrist checking her pulse.

Jaune: Ren, talk to me!

Ren: (sadly shaking his head) This is bad.

Jaune's eyes widen in horror.

Jaune: No, no, no, no, not again! Y/N, c'mon, please!!

Meanwhile, Vernal steps onto the platform leading down to the vault.

Cinder: (to Lionheart) Make sure they leave Ruby alive. This won't take long.

Cinder steps onto the platform. Raven looks back a bit as she hears her daughter fighting vainly, shaking her head before she steps on the platform too. The platform then lowers down. Oscar is then shown dodging out of the way as Hazel slams his fist into the ground.

Ozpin: Oscar.

Oscar: No!

Oscar dodges another attack from Hazel.

Ozpin: Oscar!

Oscar: I told you, no!

Oscar gets punched back by Hazel several feet into a column.

Ozpin: Please, let me take over! I can handle him!

Oscar: You told me I needed to fight for myself! (standing back up) So I will.

Ozpin: This is not your fight!

Oscar: What does that mean? Why is he so upset with us?

Hazel: He didn't tell you my tale, did he, boy? (he approaches Oscar menacingly) I thought you looked familiar, to think that evil is inside you. (he holds his fists in the air) Your blood won't be on my hands, it'll be on his.

Qrow jumps in the way to block Hazel's attack, but he slams his fist into the ground, the shockwave knocking both him and Oscar back. They both get back up as Qrow engages Hazel. Qrow dodges a punch then slashes at Hazel, who blocks the sword with one arm.

Oscar: What was he talking about?

Hazel: Tell him, Ozpin! Tell him how you KILLED HER!!

Oscar: Her?

Ozpin: Gretchen Rainart was Hazel's sister. Despite her brother's wishes, she enrolled at Beacon Academy to become a Huntress and tragically lost her life on a training mission. Hazel... holds me responsible. Please, let me fight. I know Hazel. He's wounded in a way that cannot be healed.

Hazel: (off screen) You know now! (tossing Qrow aside) You can forgive me for what I'm about to do. (begins approaching Oscar)

Oscar: Did she know?

Hazel stops in place at his inquiry.

Oscar: Did she know the risk of being a Huntress?

Hazel: She was only a child! She wasn't ready!!

Oscar: She made a choice! A choice to put others before herself! (holding his cane up defensively) So do I.

Hazel just glares at him.

Hazel: Then you've chosen death!

Oscar glares back, determined.

Ozpin: I'm sorry.

Oscar: What?

Oscar's eyes glow and his body falls to the ground as Ozpin takes over him. Ozpin looks up, and Hazel looks back at him, enraged.

Hazel: OzzzzPIIIIIIIIN!!!!

Weiss wakes up, Nora moves to Ruby who continues to remain unconscious. She holds her head and grabs Myrtenaster, she looks to the side and sees the unconscious Ruby.

Weiss: Ruby! (goes to Ruby to aid Nora and Pyrrha)

Meanwhile, Jaune and Ren continue tending to Y/N.

Ren: He's hardly breathing. I... I don't know what we can do...

The both of them look down to Y/N as he struggles to breathe, before suddenly stopping.

Jaune: No, it wasn't supposed to be like this! Please! (voice breaking) We can't lose anyone else...

Jaune sadly closes his eyes. Suddenly, a faint shimmering sound is heard and a white aura starts to coat over Y/N's body. Y/N suddenly lets out a breath and the floor cracks. His breath was smoke. Y/N slowly stands up. He looks at Hazel who wasfighting the others. He remembers someone. Someone he had killed centuries ago.

Someone as big as Hazel.

Someone that fought like a Sabretooth....

Creed.

Jaune: (Y/N rips off the shirt covering his wound. Jaune sees that the wound is healed) Yes!! Go Y/N! Get him, Wolverine!

Y/N looks back at Jaune and back at Hazel. His eyes sparks Blue before glowing fully Blue, as he let's out a long, menacing, ground-breaking roar.

The scene cuts to Cinder as she, Raven and Vernal are seen riding the platform down to the vault.

Cinder: (to Vernal) Are you nervous, girl? The first Maiden in - why, I'm not sure anyone knows how many years - is about to open a vault. I would say it's quite an exciting time. Don't you feel honored?

Vernal: No, I'm not concerned with any of this. All I care about is my tribe - my family. This is a burden, not an honor.

Cinder: (chuckles) You've conditioned her quite well, Raven.

As the three continue to ride down the platform, they see the vault under Haven Academy - a massive cavern with a large tree that has glowing orange flowers. The platform reaches the bottom, and the gate protecting the vault is lowered into the ground.

Cinder: Hm, it's certainly grander than Beacon's. I wonder what the extra effort was for.

Raven: Can we please not linger?

Cinder: After you.

Vernal steps off the platform first, followed by Cinder, and then Raven, the latter putting her mask back on.

Back above ground, Hazel and Ozpin fight each other intensely, Ozpin dodges several blows as one punch hits a column. Hazel walks towards Ozpin but was intervened by Y/N who threw a pillar at him, Hazel remains unfazed.

Y/N: (in an echo-ey voice) Alright, you stupid piece of gutter trash. You like to fight people smaller than you, huh?

Y/N walks closer to him. Hazel towers above Y/N in height.

Y/N: (in an echo-ey voice) Well, I'm smaller, so pick on me!

Hazel roars and swings a hook at Y/N, Y/N blocks and counters him with a butterfly kick. The kick sent him flying through the wall.

Ren: Oh.. Wow.

Jaune: Go! Y/N!

Lionheart tries to intervene by launching another attack from Stalwart, but is stopped by a gunshot from Qrow. The two of them begin to fight each other, with Qrow swinging Harbinger at him.

Then following up with a kick before blocking several of Lionheart's projectiles. With the two busy Y/N and Hazel engage each other again. Hazel tries to smash him with his fists, but Y/N is too fast for him. Nimbly jumping around while striking the man several times.

Using Hazel like a springboard to launch himself away, their fight moves back over to the terrace. Each time Y/N uses him as a springboard, Hazel gets pushed onto the ground and breaking the floor.

Y/N kicks off a wall dodging fists and electric blasts, striking Hazel's face then jabs him several times in the chest. Hazel gets sent far back.

Y/N lands and roars as he charges at him. Hazel slowly stands up and holds his head in pain.

Y/N kicks Hazel's legs, tripping him over. He punches him in the back of the head causing Hazel's head to go into the ground. He grabs Hazel by the collar and throws him inside of the school.

Hazel goes through the wall and breaks the floor as he lands. He rolls as he slowly stops to a halt.

Ozpin stands up and walks over to him, he then twirls his cane and prepares to deliver the finishing blow, but Hazel roars and smashes his fists into the ground, creating another lightning shockwave.

Meanwhile, Weiss starts to hear Ruby gasp and breathe normally again.

Nora helps Ruby up on her feet, who then quickly runs over to her friends.

Ruby: What happened? What's going on?!

Ren: (smiling) Y/N got stabbed by Cinder's spear.

Ruby: What?!

Jaune: But look! He's back on his feet, he's even taking on him!

With Y/N fighting again, Ruby smiles, relieved that her friend's life is not endangered anymore.

Ruby then hears her sister struggling, she looks over her shoulder to see Yang getting knocked back by Mercury. Yang charges forward, but Mercury's form disappears as a result of another one of Emerald's Semblance hallucinations. Emerald then creates an image of Raven, which Yang is hesitant to attack.

Yang then blocks another attack from Mercury, but his next series of hits manage to knock her down again. Ruby then looks over to Oscar and Y/N fighting Hazel, with The Wolverine's attack becoming too wild and unpredictable for Hazel.

Oscar is then hit by one of Lionheart's projectiles and holds his shoulder in pain. Hazel is about to punch at Oscar again, but Qrow pushes Oscar out of the way and takes the blow in his back, launching him upwards. Y/N sees this and growls before launching a barrage of punches at Hazel.

Ruby: They need help!

Ren: I'm on it.

Ren takes out StormFlower, while Nora approaches his side holding Magnhild. Pyrrha walks toward Jaune and offers a hand. Jaune grabs it and goes to Ren's side.

Nora: No one's gonna touch him. (smiles)

Jaune: (smiling) Okay, make it happen, JNPR!

Ruby stands back up, transforming Crescent Rose into its scythe form and flips over. She lands to her sister's side, knocking Emerald back. Emerald's Semblance copies of Mercury then disappear, reforming back into the main Mercury.

Yang: Thanks, sis. (standing back up) You okay?

Ruby: No, I'm angry.

Ruby proceeds forward.

Back down in the vault, Vernal, Cinder, and Raven walk towards the Relic chamber. Suddenly, a symbol on the ground glows bright, as well as the circle enclosed around it. Similar circles with symbols in them also glow leading up to the Relic chamber's door. The tree's flowers then glow even more, and it's petals gently fall and float around the vault. One petal falls into Vernal's hand.

Cinder: Having fun?

Vernal glares back at Cinder as the petal in her hand dissolves into particles.

Raven: Vernal, stay focused.

Cinder: Oh, come now, Raven, let her enjoy this. It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Vernal: How does this work?

Cinder: Once the Spring Maiden places her hand on the door, it will open. For you - and only you. Then I will walk into the vault, and retrieve the Relic. No one else. Is that clear?

Vernal: Yes.

Raven: It doesn't matter to us. Let's get this over with.

Cinder: Alright then. Vernal, when you're ready.

Vernal approaches the door. While she does so, Raven slowly reaches for the hilt of Omen, but stops when Cinder speaks.

Cinder: You know, I've heard so many stories about you, Raven. They say you're a cunning leader, that you're strong, that you're clever.

Vernal hovers her fingertips close to the door.

Cinder: It's a shame that they're wrong...

Cinder then lets out a blue, frost-like projectile from her hand.

Raven: VERNAL!!

Raven reaches out, but she is too late as she is frozen in place from Cinder's attack. Vernal takes her hand away from the door and takes her weapons out on Cinder, but she is stabbed by something in her stomach. She looks down and notices an elongated Grimm hand coming from Cinder's left arm.

Cinder: It's nothing personal, dear. (she approaches Vernal) You're just not worthy of such power. (face to face with Vernal) But I am...

Vernal is then pushed to the ground, and she screams out in pain as she struggles to get the Grimm hand out of her stomach. The ice coating Raven is shown cracking.

Cinder: So I will take... what is mine...

Eventually, Vernal stops struggling and goes motionless and quiet. Cinder smirks as she looks down on Vernal's body, but then realizes that something is wrong.

Cinder: Wha-- what is this? Where's the power?!

Cinder hears ice crack from behind her and sees Raven free from her frozen prison.

Raven: You won't find it, because Vernal isn't the Spring Maiden... (she takes her mask off and drops it) I am!!

Raven opens her eyes, with a red flame-like effect glowing and trailing from them.

Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long are shown facing off against Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black. The sisters switch positions and leap forward to take on their opponents. Yang knocks into Emerald while Ruby takes on Mercury. He uses Talaria to kick Crescent Rose out of her hands.

Mercury: (sarcastically) Uh oh, what're you gonna do now?

Mercury tries to throw a left cross, but Ruby ducks and headbutts him upwards - in a similar manner to what Ozpin taught her what to do. Mercury steps a few feet backwards and holds his nose in pain, before growling at Ruby.

Ruby: (picking up Crescent Rose) Whatever it takes to shut you up.

Meanwhile, Nora Valkyrie is seen holding Magnhild up defensively protecting Pyrrha, who is still recovering.

Nora: You doing okay?

Pyrrha: I- I think so.

Nora: C'mon! Let's go get him!

Pyrrha runs forward, Jaune stays behind to protect Ruby and Yang.

Nora smiles before standing guard again. Meanwhile, Lie Ren is seen taking on Hazel Rainart, who punches the former back into the wall.

Hazel then launches an electrical charge from his lightning-Dust enhanced arm, electrocuting Ren, causing him to scream in pain before falling to the ground.

Nora: REN!

Jaune: Go! I've got them!

Nora nods at him before proceeding forward.

Meanwhile, Qrow Branwen is seen getting knocked back into the wall and then falls to the ground next to the downed Ren, who struggles to get back up as well.

Oscar Pine uses The Long Memory to block flaming rocks being fired from Stalwart. Hazel charges forward and punches Oscar several feet back. Y/N's berserker rage runs out and he gets sent flying back to the wall, he drops down and falls to the ground. Alongside him is Ren, and Qrow.

Y/N: I can probably kill him.

Qrow: No.. Don't. I don't want these kids to see you kill.

Y/N: Fuck. (gets up, and charges back in)

Pyrrha attacks his side before sliding down and putting her spear horizontally, Hazel's feet gets pulled and he falls. Hazel looks back and kicks Pyrrha, knocking her back.

Hazel: Hiding behind the face of a child? (stands up) A monster like you must be stopped!!

Nora charges at Hazel with a loud battle cry. She leaps into the air, but Hazel catches Magnhild and slams Nora into the ground. Hazel then grabs Nora's head, electrocuting her with his lightning Dust-enhanced arms. She screams out in pain.

Hazel: How many more children must die for you?!

Suddenly, Nora grabs Hazel's wrist.

Hazel: Huh?

Nora, inadvertently enhanced by Hazel's electricity thanks to her Semblance, stands back up and flips him over her shoulder. He rolls back several feet away.

Nora then holds Magnhild up defensively, before Ozpin gets her attention. Y/N goes forward, taking Nora's place.

Ozpin: (to Nora) His Semblance... he can block out pain. It's how he is able to handle injecting so much Dust into his body.

Nora stares back at Hazel, who gets punched by Y/N, Hazel falls and rolls before Y/N kicks his stomach like a soccer ball, sending him onto a wall.

Nora: (darkly) I don't need him to hurt...

Hazel screams and charges forward again.

Nora: I just need him to GO DOWN!!

Nora goes to Y/N's side.

Nora: Hey! Y/N!

Y/N: Yeah?

Nora: Let's do that move you did, but with me this time.

Y/N: (smiles) You got it.

Nora preps to swing Magnhild. Y/N brings his fist to his side. She swings her hammer right into Hazel's chest, out of nowhere, Y/N's fist comes in and joins in on the attack. His fist makes contact with Hazel's chest.

Their attack launches him through the wall and outside onto Haven Academy's quad. Adam Taurus and White Fang soldiers look on.

White Fang Soldier: (to Adam) What's going on in there?

Hazel: None of your concern...

Adam and his followers stare in amazement as they watch Hazel get back up. He then takes out a pair of red Dust crystals and stabs them into his arms. He lets out another roar as Y/N roars back from inside the building. He then looks back to his friends and allies, all of them looking tired and worn out from the battle they've endured.

Y/N: Fuck this. (unseathes his claws)

Hazel gains a look of concern before turning into a look of anger.

Adam: Stay focused! Our friends are almost done here.

Adam and his followers get back to work, but then they hear a voice call out to him.

Blake: ADAM!!

They all look up and see Blake Belladonna standing proudly on top of the roof of a nearby building.

Adam: Blake?

Hazel: Who is that?

Blake: Stand down!

The White Fang soldiers aim their firearms at her.

Adam: Wait! (putting his hands up as the White Fang soldiers stand down, before laughing evilly) To think that I went through so much trouble to find you, only to have you deliver yourself to me.

Blake: This isn't what's right for the Faunus! Stop what you're doing and we can end this peacefully.

Adam: You're wrong, Blake, and you can't stop us.

Blake: No, I can't. Not by myself.

Sun: That's why she didn't come alone!

Adam and his followers turn to the left in surprise, seeing Sun Wukong standing in front of a massive legion of Faunus all armed with blunt weaponry, their shields bearing the old White Fang symbol.

Adam: What?!

White Fang Soldier: Who's there?

They then turn to the right, and see Ghira Belladonna leading another massive legion of Faunus.

Ghira: Your brothers and sisters.

One of the White Fang Soldiers lowers his weapon, recognizing one of the Faunus in the crowd.

White Fang Soldier: M-- Mata?

Mata is seen in the crowd holding a club and shield.

Mata: (pleading) Please... stop this...

Adam and his followers look all around them assessing the situation.

Adam: Make no mistake, brothers! These are our enemies! And we will not let them ruin-

Suddenly, Adam is interrupted when a Mistral airship shines its searchlight down on Adam and his group. The Mistral police captain is seen on the airship with Kali Belladonna.

Mistral Police Captain: (over P.A.) Adam Taurus, this is the Mistral Police Force! Lower your weapons and surrender peacefully.

More Mistral airships arrive. Back inside, Ruby knocks Emerald back a few feet. Emerald then hears the sounds of the Mistral airships as their searchlights shine through the windows. Everyone stops what they are doing. Weiss stands up and goes to Jaune.

Weiss: What's happening?

Jaune: I'm not sure. How are you feeling?

Weiss: (sitting back up) Better. (Weiss activates a summoning Glyph in her hand)

Back outside, Blake lands to the ground from the roof.

Adam: How?! How did you do this?!!

Blake: Adam, it's over.

Adam looks around as the crowds of Menagerie Faunus get closer to him and his group. He then pulls out a detonator.

Adam: Then it's over for all of us.

Female White Fang Soldier: Hey wait!

Adam's followers hold up their arms as they brace for the impending explosion. Adam presses the button, but nothing happens.

Adam: Huh?

He presses the detonator button a few more times, nothing happens.

White Fang Soldier: What are you doing? Trying to get us all killed?!

Suddenly, Adam grabs his collar.

Adam: (enraged) I am making humanity pay for WHAT THEY'VE DONE!!

Adam let's go and pushes the White Fang soldier back when Blake speaks.

Blake: We sent someone over to confirm your explosives, and once we did, she disarmed them.

Ilia walks out from around the tower, dropping her black camouflage as she holds the wires in her hand that disabled the bombs. Adam seethes, realizing that the situation is no longer in his favor.

Y/N narrows his vision and can see Blake standing on top of the building.

Y/N: (chuckles as his stance goes into a tired one) The cat's back, huh?

Adam: (turning to Hazel) What do we do?!

Hazel: (cracking his knuckles) This... is your business. Not mine. Fix it.

Adam just glares back at him before turning to Blake.

Blake: I told you, Adam. It's over...

Adam, not having any of it, yells out in frustration and charges forward toward Blake.

He takes out Wilt from Blush to slash at her, but Blake uses her Semblance to get out of the way and she knocks him down by balling her fists together and hitting his back. Adam falls to the ground on his knees, before yelling out to his followers.

Adam: KILL THEM!!!

And thus, the battle between both Faunus groups begin. The White Fang soldiers draw their weapons and attempt to fire at the Mistral airships. Sun leaps around twirling Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang in its staff form, landing on one's shoulders to shoot them.

A Faunus with a club battles one soldier, while Ilia fights two more with Lightning Lash. Sun knocks another down before shooting at a second, nearby a horned Faunus strikes her opponent and drives them back.

Hazel observes the situation in front of him but is then suddenly impaled by claws. He looks down and sees Y/N holding up from the ground.

He is then thrown back inside the building and sits up to see that Weiss is back on her feet with a summoned Queen Lancer flying above her. As she prepares to fight again, she gasps as she notices someone entering the building.

Yang and Ruby look back as well and gasp when they see Blake, her eyes widening as she sees all of her teammates in the same place.

Blake: Yang?

Yang stares back at her in disbelief, before her sister snaps her out of her trance.

Ruby: Yang! Go! (pointing in the direction of the vault entrance)

Yang runs forward. Emerald and Mercury try to stop her.

Emerald: No!

Emerald tries to stop Yang, but fails to and falls to the ground. Mercury grabs her prosthetic arm. Yang's eyes briefly turn red before turning back to normal. She detaches her arm and continues forward, causing Mercury to lose his balance for a bit.

She jumps down the hole leading to the vault. Emerald and Mercury attempt to give chase, but they are stopped by an ice wall that suddenly appears in front of them.

They turn around and see Weiss with her Queen Lancer summon as she prepares to fight the both of them. Jaune watches from his position and smiles. Ruby then turns back around to look at Blake, and both nod at each other as the cat Faunus goes back outside to join the battle.

Back down in the vault, Cinder Fall looks to the motionless Vernal.

Cinder: Vernal was a decoy the whole time. (turning her attention back to Raven Branwen) The last Spring Maiden must've trusted you a great deal before she died. I bet that was a mistake...

Raven growls and shoots Omen out of her hilt, and the two Maidens begin their battle against each other. They strike at each other with a flurry of vicious sword strikes. The two eventually clash, the strike breaking her weapon and the shrapnel hurting her Grimm arm. She holds her arm in pain.

Raven: Aura can't protect your arm, it's Grimm.

Cinder pulls the shrapnel out of her arm and faces Raven again.

Raven: You turned yourself into a monster just for power.

Cinder: (conjuring another weapon while glaring) Look who's talking...

The two proceed forward to clash again. During their bout, Raven quickly switches between the various colored blades in her hilt to counter Cinder's various weapons that she conjures. As their battle intensifies, Cinder conjures a giant flaming sword while Raven uses her Maiden powers to create a massive ice sword. Their clash creates a massive shockwave that shakes the cavern, with the combatants above ground also feeling the tremors. Due to their battle, the giant stalactites hanging from above start to drop.

Both Maidens jump back to dodge out of the way. As Raven prepares for her next strike, Cinder's Grimm arm elongates through the dust and grabs Raven's neck. As the Grimm arm slowly drains her powers, Raven notices something and smirks. She sends out a frost-like attack from her palm and freezes Cinder's feet in place as more boulders from the cave in crash down on her.

Raven, now free from her grip, does a massive leap into the air and lands on top of one of the falling stalactites. She looks down and notices Cinder survived the cave in, using her fire powers to fly up to her. The two fight their way around the falling stalactites. Eventually, the stalactites land back on the ground, and both Maidens are on their knees, panting in exhaustion while their Auras shimmer as they are about to break.

Raven: (standing back up) Had enough yet?

Cinder: Shut up!

Raven: If you were stronger or more clever, then maybe... you'd remember to watch your back!

Cinder glares at her, wondering what the Spring Maiden is talking about, but then gasps as she looks behind her. She notices the dying Vernal aiming one of her weapons at her and fires. Cinder blocks the attack, but Raven quickly dashes up behind her and lands a devastating lightning attack on her face, shattering her mask and revealing the heavily scarred left side.

The sheer force of the attack sends Cinder over the edge of the vault's walkway and above the abyss. She stares back up at Raven, who uses her powers to freeze the Fall Maiden into an ice statue. Cinder's frozen body falls down into the dark depths of the abyss, fading from view. Raven looks down as she watches her enemy continue plunging, before deactivating her Maiden powers and sighing.

Raven: (solemnly) Thank you, Vernal.

Raven sadly looks over to the now-deceased Vernal, whose eyes remain open on her lifeless body. Raven walks over to Vernal's corpse and gently closes her eyes. Raven then proceeds to the Relic chamber's doorway.

She activates her Maiden powers again and begins the process to unlock the chamber. Eventually, the door opens up, and on the other side, a massive desert is shown with a path leading to the Relic of Knowledge, which rests on a stone pedestal. Just as she's about to enter the chamber, Raven hears the sound of Ember Celica and turns around to glare at her daughter landing behind her. Yang is shown doing a three-point landing pose and stands back up to face her mother.

The scene shows outside on the quad of Haven Academy. The battle between the White Fang and the Menagerie Faunus as well as the Mistral police force continues. One of the Mistral airships shines its searchlight on three White Fang soldiers.

Mistral Policeman: (Over P.A.) Cease fire, immediately!

The three try to run away, but they are stopped by a combined group of Menagerie Faunus and Mistral policemen led by Ilia. Eventually, two of the White Fang soldiers drop their weapons and hold their hands in the air to surrender when they are surrounded.

The last White Fang soldier tries to fire his weapon, but it is knocked out of his hands by Y/N and he is pushed and restrained to the ground by Y/N.

Female Rabbit Faunus: (smiling) Thank you.

Y/N looks at the rabbit Faunus and smiles and nods back. Elsewhere, Blake Belladonna stands proudly over Adam Taurus, who was on his knees before standing back up.

Adam: (seething) I'm going to make you regret ever coming back...

Blake: More police are on their way, Adam. Huntsmen too.

Adam: (chuckling evilly) Still too afraid to face me on your own.

Blake: I'm here for Haven, not you.

Angered, Adam points Blush in front of Blake with Wilt in his left hand, while Blake draws Gambol Shroud.

Adam: Heh, you are still afraid, and you should be. I've made powerful friends while you've been away.

Sun: (off screen) Oh yeah?

Adam look to his left as Sun Wukong approaches him holding Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang in its staff form.

Sun: Where?

Adam: (pointing Wilt towards Sun) Tell me, does Blake make all of her classmates fight for her?

Sun: Nah, it's a volunteer gig. I'm just sayin', for someone who claims to have such great friends, there doesn't seem to be a lot of people here willing to fight for you.

Adam looks around, seeing his followers surrendering to the overwhelming numbers of forces Blake brought with her, only proving Sun's point right. A searchlight then shines down on him.

Blake: You can try and make me regret coming here, Adam, but honestly... I've got more important things to deal with.

Adam lets out a frustrated growl and swings his sword at Sun, but the monkey Faunus counters his attacks by swinging his shotgun nunchucks. Adam then blocks Blake's sword swings as she comes at him, followed up by Adam getting knocked away by Y/N.

Adam bolts, with Y/N giving chase. Adam runs away into the bushes and trees while Y/N continues to pursue him, but Blake calls out to him.

Blake: Y-Y/N, wait!

Y/N: He's getting away! I can take him!

Blake: (sheathing her katana) No, he wants to lure us away so he can pick us off. We need to protect the school and the people here. Besides... now he can see what it feels like to run away. (smiling) Thank you.

Y/N: (walks back to her) We all need help sometimes.

Blake smiles and hugs him.

Y/N: Wow, you're the first person to actually hug me.

The Mistral Police pointed their guns at Y/N. Blake hears this and looks up. Y/N unseathes his claws once more.

Blake: What are you doing?!

Mistral Officer: He's wanted! We need to execute him! Stand back!

Blake: Can't you see? He's been fighting with us all along! Why do you think he's here in the first place?!

Blake: Yes, he's killed many people, but that was in his own self-defense, he doesn't kill people on a daily basis!

Mistral Officer 2: He's still guilty of many lives!

Blake: So are Veterans of the Great War!

Kali steps down with Mistral Police Captain by her side.

Mistral Police Captain: We've pulled up some images of him. She's telling the truth. Claws marks has only been seen in White Gang HQs.

Kali: So. This is the great Wolverine?

Y/N: The one and only.

Y/N's attention is then drawn to Haven's Great Hall where he and Blake see their old friends and allies fighting off their enemies.

Sun: I think there's a few people who could use your help.

Sun is about to run off to help finish the fight, but Blake stops him before he leaves.

Blake: Be careful.

Sun: (smiling) No promises.

Sun runs off.

Blake and Y/N runs in to finish the fight. Back inside the Great Hall, Hazel Rainart launches fireballs from his fists with his fire-Dust enhanced arms at Weiss Schnee's summoned Queen Lancer. The Lancer dodges out of the way of the blasts. Meanwhile, the remaining members of Team JNPR fend themselves from Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai's shots.

Pyrra: You guys okay?

Lie Ren coughs while Nora Valkyrie groans in exhaustion.

Jaune: Surviving...

Nora: I don't know how that big guy is still standing. He recharges his Aura faster than I've ever seen!

Oscar Pine watches Qrow Branwen fly in with his bird form, before transforming back into his usual self.

Qrow: (grunting in pain) He's sheer willpower.

Oscar takes cover behind a nearby column.

Ozpin: We just need to get him to his limit!

The Queen Lancer summon is then shown firing projectiles at Leonardo Lionheart, who defends himself with Stalwart.

He then knocks the summon away with a flame torrent coming from his weapon. Hazel uses the opportunity to launch a combined fire and lightning attack which causes the Lancer summon to dissipate.

Weiss stares in shock as her summon disappears. Suddenly, Blake jumps in and kicks Hazel to the ground before jumping next to Weiss and Ruby Rose.

Blake: Are you hurt?

Weiss: N-No! I just remembered you being more of the quiet one.

Hazel, Emerald, and Mercury slowly advance toward the three of them. Y/N drops down in front of the three.

Y/N: Not today. (unseathes his claws)

Blake draws Gambol Shroud, while Ruby holds up Crescent Rose.

Y/N: Alright. Well, what's the plan?

Lionheart tries to launch an attack on her, but Ruby shoots at his shoulder. His Aura flickers before Lionheart runs out of the room through the doors behind him in fear.

Mercury: (watching Lionheart run away) You've gotta be kidding me...

Hazel lets out a fearsome roar, while Emerald and Mercury just watch him. Ruby calls out their team attack.

Ruby: Checkmate! Y/N! keep us safe!

Y/N nods. Blake and Weiss run forward, followed closely behind by Y/N and their leader.

Down in the vault, Yang Xiao Long faces Raven Branwen.

Raven: I warned you, Yang. I gave you every opportunity to walk away from Qrow and Oz. So you can believe me when I say this wasn't personal.

Yang: (glaring) You opened the vault.

Raven: Thanks to the chaos you and your friends caused upstairs. I knew you could handle it. You're my daughter after all.

Yang: Qrow and Oz told me how the Maiden powers are transferred. The girl you found... she would've had to have trusted you if you were in her final thoughts - cared about you a lot.

Raven: I'm sure they told you plenty, and you just sat and obeyed.

Yang: No, I'm starting to ask questions like you said. So tell me... what happened to the last Spring Maiden? Did she die in battle? Was it sickness?

Raven: What does it matter to you?

Yang: (eyes widening) I can already see the answer. It's all over your face. How could you?!

Raven: She was scared when we found her! Weak. No matter how much training I put her through, she never learned! She wasn't cut out for this world! And with those powers, she would've been hunted her entire life! What I did-

Yang: (quoting her mother) "Wasn't personal."

Raven: It was mercy!

Yang: Which is it, mom? Are you merciful, or are you a survivor? Did you let me walk into that trap because you knew I could handle it, or because it meant you could get what you wanted?!

Raven: It's not that simple. You don't know me, you don't know what I've been through, the choices I've had to make!

Yang: You're right. I don't know you. I only know the Raven dad and Y/N told me about. She was troubled, and complicated, but she fought for what she believed in, whether it was her team or her tribe! Did you kill her too?

Raven eyes widen and looks away, before turning back to face her daughter again.

Raven: I've stared death in the face over and over again! (in her anger, her Maiden powers activate) And every time I've spat in that face and survived, because I'm strong enough to do what others won't!!

Yang: Oh, shut up!! You don't know the first thing about strength! You turn your back on people, you run away when things get too hard, you put others in harm's way instead of yourself!! You even put yourself in front of the man who raised you! (she balls her hand into a fist, shaking) You might be powerful, but that doesn't make you strong.

Raven: (enraged) Who do you think you are, lecturing me?! Standing there, shaking like a scared little girl?!

Yang: Yeah, I'm scared. But I'm still standing here! (begins approaching Raven) I'm not like you, I won't run, which is why you're going to give me the Relic.

Raven: And why would I--

Yang: Because you're afraid of Salem!!! And if you thought having Maiden powers put a target on your back, imagine what she'll do when she finds out you have a Relic. (Raven turns away, seething) She'll come after you with everything she has. (Raven's expression then turns solemn) Or she can come after me. (Raven's eyes widen when she hears her daughter say that, before turning back to her.) And I'll be standing there, waiting for her.

After a tense moment, Raven deactivates her Maiden powers.

Raven: (somber) You don't want to do this, Yang.

Yang: Nope. But I'm gonna do it anyway.

Yang walks forward, bumping her mother out of the way as she passes her. Raven looks down before turning to see her daughter approach the Relic chamber. A tear drips from Raven's eye.

Raven: I... (holding her arm as tears well up in her eyes) I'm sorry...

Tears well up in Yang's eyes as well.

Yang: Yeah... Me too.

Yang then hears the sound of one of Raven's portals as well as the sound of flapping wings from behind her. She looks behind her and sees a black feather fall gently to the ground. Yang then proceeds forward and enters the Relic chamber.

She approaches the Relic of Knowledge - an ornate, gold and cyan lamp - as it rests on the stone pedestal. Yang grabs the Relic by its handle, and small, indistinct whispers can be heard when near it. Tears then stream from Yang's eyes, before she falls to her knees as she breaks down crying.

Back above ground, Lionheart bursts into his office and runs behind his desk, frantically opening drawers trying to look for something. Suddenly, he hears ominous clicking noises, and looks up to notice a Seer floating menacingly in front of his desk. A familiar voice comes from it.

Salem: And where might you be going?

Lionheart: (stammering) Uh, your grace! (nervously chuckling) I was just looking for something.

Salem: Leonardo, do you have something you wish to tell me?

Lionheart doesn't say anything for a bit, before telling Salem his response.

Lionheart: It was Cinder! She altered the plan! Huntsmen showed up here! Qrow! Several students, one with the Silver Eyes! The Wolverine was here, too! The White Fang attack, it was stopped! (stammering) I don't know that they'll be able to recover the Relic... (beat) Your grace, I can still be of assistance!! If I leave now, I- I can avoid the authorities and come find you, I'll do whatever it takes! (another beat) Your grace?

Out of options, Lionheart aims his weapon at the Seer, but it uses one of its tentacles to knock it off his wrist. Lionheart tries to run, but the Seer wraps one of its tentacles around Lionheart's ankle, causing him to trip and fall.

Lionheart: (begging pathetically) Please, ma'am! I'll do anything! I can still be useful!!

The Seer aims its sharp tentacles at Lionheart. He tries to crawl away, but more tentacles wrap around his body.

Lionheart: Please!! PLEEEAAASE!!!!

Despite his pleas, Lionheart is dragged towards the Seer offscreen. The sound of a stab can be heard.

Lionheart: (weakly) Please...

Lionheart's dying breath can be heard as another stab is heard as well.

In the Land of Darkness, Salem herself stares at the Seer in front of her on the table, leaning her head on her hand in disappointment.

Salem: Coward...

Back at Haven, Oscar is seen defending an exhausted Qrow while Ruby and her friends hold off their opponents, who are all exhausted as well.

Ruby: That's enough! Just give up.

Mercury snarls and yells in frustration, slamming his fist into the ground.

Emerald: It's not over! Cinder will come back, she'll have the Relic, and she'll stop all of you! She won't let us down.

The platform leading to the vault is heard coming back up. Everyone stares as Yang comes back up with the Relic of Knowledge in her hand. Emerald looks in surprise as Cinder didn't come back up. All of Yang's friends look up to her and smile.

Ruby: Yang...

Hazel seethes while tears stream from Emerald's eyes. Yang smiles back down to her friends and shares a brief glance with Blake, who looks down for a bit before looking back up to her. Emerald falls to her knees and begins to sob. Mercury and Hazel slowly back away.

Mercury: Emerald, get up, we need to go.

Emerald shakes her head and remains stationary.

Mercury: Emerald!

Emerald looks around as her breathing gets frantic. She holds her head and lets out a loud scream, activating her Semblance. Suddenly, the room turns dark as black smoke rises from the ground nearby. From it, a giant effigy of Salem, limbs bent and deformed, towers above everyone in the room.

The giant Salem opens her eyes, and lets out an ear-piercing scream as it swoops down over everyone. The screen goes black for a moment. Afterwards, everything returns to normal, Ruby shakes in fear as she comes to terms with what she had just witnessed. Everyone in the room is still present, with the exception of Emerald, Mercury and Hazel, who have disappeared.

Y/N: What was that?

Ozpin: An illusion. But an accurate one. That... was Salem.

Outside, Hazel is seen running and carrying an unconscious Emerald over his shoulder, with Mercury following not too far behind him. Up in the tree branches, Adam watches his allies run, before he too leaves.

Back at Haven, Blake sighs in relief now that the battle is over, before she hears the sounds of her parents and Sun run into the great hall. The Belladonnas share a hug together while Y/N looks on.

Kali: The police rounded up the remaining White Fang members. Haven is safe.

Ghira: Unfortunately, it appears that Adam escaped.

They all look down.

Ilia: It's okay. (walking into the building) He was the only one to escape tonight. Those in the White Fang that followed him? Won't support a leader that abandons his people. He won't have their help after this. He'll have no one at all. And the White Fang will be left divided.

Ghira: We've been fighting amongst ourselves for too long. Perhaps it's time for a new brotherhood. A new family for Faunus truly working towards a better world.

Kali: And they'll need a new leader.

Ghira nods in acknowledgement. Sun peeks behind Ghira and notices his old friends from Beacon, waving to them. He then pushes Blake and have her see her old friends too.

She slowly walks towards them nervously while Sun and her parents smile. Yang walks down the stairs and hands the Relic to her uncle.

Qrow: What happened?

Yang: I don't know exactly. When I got down there, Cinder was gone, and Vernal was dead.

Y/N: (arms crossed, not looking at Yang) And Raven?

Yang: Gone.

Qrow: Well, we're all glad you're still here, firecracker. (placing an assuring hand on her shoulder)

Suddenly, Ruby groans and falls to her knees. Weiss catches her.

Weiss: Are you okay?

Ruby: (sighing) I feel like I should be asking you guys.

They both look up to see Blake approaching them. Yang walks over and drops to her sister's side.

Ruby: So Blake, what're you doing here?

Blake: I... I was gonna ask you guys the same thing.

Ruby, Weiss, and Yang, share glances with each other.

Ruby: That's... a looooong story.

Blake: Well... I'm not going anywhere.

Ruby: That's all that matters. (giggling) That we're all here together. Right?

Ruby looks to Yang as she says that. Blake briefly looks away with a sorrowful expression on her face. Yang looks up at her and smiles.

Yang: Yeah.

Blake looks back over to them and smiles. Weiss offers a hand out to her, and the cat Faunus eagerly joins in to Team RWBY's first group hug after a long time of being apart.

The four girls embrace each other while their friends look on smiling. Qrow, still holding the Relic, then approaches a panting Oscar, who is kneeling on the ground.

Qrow: I don't know how, but we did it, Oz. You okay?

Oscar: I'm alright.

Y/N: Kid?

Oscar: He's resting. Too much energy fighting.

Qrow: Hey, don't strain yourself!

Oscar: No! He had... a message... (taking a few more pants) We must... get the lamp to... Atlas.

Oscar groans and falls, but Y/N catches him. He lays the exhausted farm boy on the ground and looks over as Team RWBY finishes their embrace.

Y/N: Poor kid.

Qrow then stands back up, and looks to the Relic he holds in his hand. The lamp is seen glowing brightly as the indistinct whispers are heard again. Qrow sighs as the screen cuts to black.

Volume 5
End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 57 50
My name is Silver Belladonna. My name is influenced by a movement after the Great War which made everything seem black and white, good or bad. Theref...
145K 1.4K 22
Y/N, a shy and quiet student of Beacon Academy. Gets cheated on by his two loves. Emerald and Cinder. Will he return to Beacon? Will he lose his will...
2.5K 72 13
A 17 yr old boy meets a certain headmaster and asks him to join his academy. Despite that he suffered a rough past, trying to run away from it, havin...
919 35 27
(Volumes 4-6) Read Vale Saga first to understand Story Lots has changed since Beacon Academy. Weiss was brought back to Atlas, Blake ran away, Yang a...