Thoroughbreds//The Turning [C...

By GoldenSykes

- Based on the novel "The Turn of the Screw" [Book 1] - A woman by the name of Kate Mandell and her niece El... More

Chapter 1 - The Meeting
Chapter 2 - New Friends
Chapter 3 - Prank
Chapter 4 - Blame
Chapter 5 - Deception
Chapter 6 - Temptation
Chapter 7 - Denial
Chapter 8 - Dominance
Chapter 9 - Truth and Lies
Chapter 10 - Strike One
Chapter 11 - Reality
Chapter 12 - Fear
Chapter 14 - Control
Chapter 15 - Consequences
Chapter 16 - Pressure
Chapter 17 - Malevolent
Chapter 18 - Intimidated
Chapter 19 - Pet
Chapter 20 - Mastery
Chapter 21 - Principle
Chapter 22 - Power
Chapter 23 - Flashlight (Part 1)
Chapter 24 - Flashlight (Part 2)
Chapter 25 - Entrapped
UPDATE

Chapter 13 - Proof

476 11 2
By GoldenSykes

I sat in the backseat of my aunt's car along with Flora as Miles occupied the passengers seat.

"Ready?" Kate asked as she diverted her gaze towards Miles, then at Flora and I. We all gave her a slight nod in response.

Kate plunged the car in to first gear and released the break. I glanced at Flora as she began to squirm as if she were uncomfortable in her seat.

"Flora, what's wrong?" I asked as I noticed I had also grabbed Miles' attention, not just Flora's.

The girl stared at me with terrified eyes, her hands gripping my jacket.

"Kate, stop the car," I raised my voice at my aunt as I continued to stare at the girl beside me, who had her arms wrapped around my torso.

"Elizabeth, don't be silly, we're fine," Kate replied in response. I looked at Miles who genuinely looked scared for his sister. His fearful eyes met mine for a second.

"Stop the car," Miles eventually spoke. I noticed Kate's expression becoming both annoyed and confused.

"Miles, no, we're almost at the gate,"

"Miles! I'm gonna die!" Flora almost screamed from between my arms. I shushed her as she pushed past me, holding her body over my knee's, as she attempted to open the door.

"Flora!" I yelled as I pulled her back in my arms. I continued to shush the girl as Miles yelled at Kate once again.

"Stop the car or I'll fucking kill you!" My breath got caught in my throat as the boy threatened my aunt. I stared at him as the car came to a sudden halt.

I watched at Miles hopped out of the vehicle and ran around to my door, swinging it open so Flora could jump out. She hugged her brother before running in to the wood's.

I went to step out of the car, but Miles slammed the door shut before I could. I gasped in response, just nearly being crushed by the door.

I watched as the teenager slammed his hands on Kate's window.

"I know what you're afraid of, keeping the lights on won't keep you safe" Miles held a glare at Kate as he spoke. He turned and walked away as he heard Flora calling his name.

I exhaled and sunk back in to my seat.

"This one is on you," Kate said as she turned in her seat to face me.

I held a frown in her direction.

"How is this my fault? You're the one who didn't stop the car, Kate,"

"And, you're the one who wanted to go in the first place," She shook her head as the engine started up again.

I sighed, shaking my head at her.

---

Kate had dropped me off at the mansion before leaving the property.

"So, another one gone eh? I knew this would happen" I heard a familiar voice approach me from behind. I was stood on the steps outside of the mansion, staring at Kate's car in the distance, which was gradually getting further away.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, you're fucking psychic" I spoke as I stormed past the boy, walked back into the mansion.

"What's your problem?" Miles asked as he shut the door behind him, following me upstairs to my bedroom.

"Oh, maybe it's because I only have Kate left, and she's just gone and left me here, not caring whether I'm okay or not... But, I suppose that's nothing new" After I had finished speaking, I swung open the door to my room and slammed it shut behind myself.

I heard knocking on the door. I sighed.

"Elizabeth, what do you mean only Kate left?" Miles spoke from behind the closed door. I swung it open, coming face to face with the boy once again.

He gave me a worried look, his eyebrows almost knitting together.

"I don't want to talk about it"

"Psh, that's what you always say" He spoke as he barged past me.

"Miles, if you don't get out, I will" I turned to him as he paced around my room. He walked past me and slammed the door shut.

"Just sit down, I can tell you want to talk about this" I sighed and gave in fairly easily. I sat down on my bed, Miles joining me.

I stared at him. "I'm sorry, I can't I-"

He cut me off by placing his hand on mine, on my thigh. I glanced down at it for a second, then held my gaze on his eyes.

"I know how you feel, Flora and I lost our parents a few years ago, they died right outside the gates" Miles spoke, his voice becoming raspy. I could see his eyes begin to water.

"My mom killed herself, she hated me and my dad" I paused, allowing Miles to take in what I had just told him. I could feel his hand grip mine tighter. "And my dad blamed me for it, so he got drunk one night and never came home"

I felt ten pounds lighter after I had opened up to the teenager beside me. I had never opened up to anyone before, he was the first and only person.

I stood up suddenly, exhaling as I did so, running my fingers through my hair. He stood up next to me. I glanced towards him, my eyes now glassy from the tears. 

In one swift movement, he draped his arms around my sides. I gasped at the sudden movement, startling me slightly. 

After a short moment I finally wrapped my arms over his neck, grasping at his jumper. 

"You trust me? Don't you?" The boy spoke after a few seconds had passed, breaking the silence. I tried to pull away from him, but he didn't allow it. 

"No, I told you, I don't trust anyone" While still in his grasp, we both got startled as the door to my bathroom swung open. 

I jumped away from the boy, stepping back around three feet so my ankles hit the dresser behind myself.

He spun around to face the door then walked over to it. I still remained as still as a statue as he pushed the door open more, then walking inside without turning on the light.

"Miles?" I raised my voice slightly, a failed attempt to grab the boy's attention. I worked up the courage to walk over to the pitch black room, following where the boy had walked. 

I repeated his name again, before switching on the light. 

I noticed right away that something felt, off. 

"This isn't funny" I muttered under my breath as I spun myself around, facing the door. As I stepped forward, it slammed shut. I squealed at the sudden action, then noticing that Miles was nowhere to be seen. 

"What the fuck?" I spoke, my voice raspy. I yanked on the door handle, only to find that it was now locked. "Why won't it open? This door doesn't even have a damn lock on it!" 

I screamed for Kate at the top of my lungs, but no help came. I sighed and began to pace the bathroom floor.

"Hey!" A voice came from behind the bathtub. I screamed in response, my body whirling around to face the noise. 

I faced the boy who stood before me, throwing him the daggers. He had a large smile coating his face as he stared back at me, seemingly amused by my reaction. 

"What the hell are you doing?" I spoke, my voice cracking partway through my sentence. He had stopped laughing when he saw the look I was directing at him. 

 "What's wrong? You look...scared?" He held a smirk. I scowled at the teenager. 

"How did you even lock the door from the outside?" I began to question Miles, remembering that he was too in the bathroom with me.

He dropped his smirk. "I had some help" 

I flung myself around to face the door as I heard a loud bang come from the opposite side of it. I felt the boy's hands on my arms as I stood frozen in fear, facing the door. 

"This isn't funny" 

"It's not supposed to be funny, Elizabeth" I held my stare on the closed door. I could feel the boy's warm, moist breath on the back of my neck as he spoke. 

I gasped as I witnessed a figure swing open the door and stand in the doorway. 

"Surprise"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.1K 78
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...
789K 29.3K 97
𝐀 π’πŒπ€π‹π‹ 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓: you are going to die. does this worry you? βͺ tua s1 ⎯⎯⎯ 4 ❫ Β© π™΅π™Έπš…π™΄π™·πš‡πšπ™Άπšπ™΄π™΄πš…π™΄πš‚...
366K 32K 91
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: β€’.Β°NORMALΒ°.β€’ (So go read that one first)
24M 833K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...