The Crimson Swordsman (Sword...

Od Corrupted839

Akiri Shiranobu was a young boy with a passion for parkour. Everything changed after a fateful accident cause... Viac

Author's Note
[Sword Art Online: Aincrad]
Chapter 1: Losses
Chapter 3: Death game
Chapter 4: Meeting
Chapter 5: First boss
Chapter 6: Knights of Blood
Chapter 7: The Crimson Swordsman
Chapter 8: Holding on
Chapter 9: Letting go
Chapter 10: Rescue mission
Chapter 11: Reunited
Chapter 12: The Skull Reaper
(Aincrad arc finale) Chapter 13: Whatever it takes
[Sword Art Online: Fairy Dance]
Chapter 14: Aftermath
Chapter 15: Fairytale
Chapter 16: Explanations
Chapter 17: A new journey
Chapter 18: The Lugru Corridor
Chapter 19: Strongest player
Chapter 20: The Grand Quest
Chapter 21: Broken boundaries
Chapter 22: The World Tree
(Fairy Dance arc finale) Chapter 23: The seed of a new era
⚠️ Important Announcement ⚠️
[Sword Art Online II: Phantom Bullet]
Chapter 24: New complications
Chapter 25: A world of guns
Chapter 26: Qualifiers
Chapter 27: Remembrance
Chapter 28: Regrets
Chapter 29: Battle royale
Chapter 30: Overcoming fears
Chapter 31: Uncovering truths
Chapter 32: Showdown begins
Chapter 33: Nightmare's end
(Phantom Bullet arc finale) Chapter 34: A step forward
[Sword Art Online II: Calibur]
Chapter 35: Old acquaintances...

Chapter 2: Link Start

6.7K 111 55
Od Corrupted839

(One year later)

Akiri is currently in his room sleeping on his bed. Moments later, his alarm clock starts to go off. He opened his eyes and yawns while stretching his arms. He then lifts himself using his arms and got onto his electric wheelchair that was right beside his bed.

Once on his wheelchair, he pushes the joystick on the right armrest and a high pitched sound of the electric motors can be heard. He began to head downstairs to the dining area for breakfast. Once at the dining area, he saw that his butler is putting a tray of food on the table.

Alexander: Your breakfast is on the table sir

Akiri: Okay. Thanks Al

After breakfast, he went over to the patio to overlook the huge backyard. It was the next best thing besides going for a run.

His phone then started to ring. He pulled out the phone from his pocket and saw that it was a friend that he made while playing online games. He then answered the call.

_________________________________

[Kirito] Dude, today's the day!

[Akiri] Yeah, I know

[Kirito] You already got your NerveGear right?

[Akiri] Yeah, all set up and ready to go. Where should we meet?

[Kirito] There should be marketplace area near the spawn point, we'll meet over there

[Akiri] Got it

[Kirito] You better not be late. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Only 1000 people get to play the beta. If you're late, they might give your invitation to someone else

[Akiri] Yeah, yeah. Is your username gonna be the same?

[Kirito] Yup! And your's?

[Akiri] The same

[Kirito]Cool. Now you better get going

[Akiri] Whatever, man

______________________________

He sighs, ended the call and puts his phone back in his pocket. He then starts to make his way to his gaming room. The room was slightly smaller than his bedroom, but was still bigger in size than standards. On one side of the wall, there is his gaming computer setup with three curved monitors on a huge desk. On the other, a queen sized bed specifically set up for VR.

He wheeled himself over to the bed, lifts himself off his wheelchair and layed on the bed. He then grabbed the NerveGear headset from his nightstand beside him and puts it on. He then closes his eyes. He took a deep breath and muttered the words.

Akiri: Link start!

His vision is flooded with bright lights. He is then met with a screen to type in a username. He just puts in his real name. He can't be bothered to think of a username since every username that he thought of were already taken. After typing in his username, he is then taken to a character customization screen. He spends a good amount of time making his avatar, making it looks like just the way he wanted to look. After he was satisfied with his creation, he presses the confirm button and was immediately met with a welcome screen.

Welcome to
Sword Art Online !

(Akiri POV)

When I opened my eyes, I was amazed of the sense of realism. The sounds, the smells, it feels and looks exactly like real life. I looked around to see that I am standing in the middle of a big medieval style town.

Akiri: (thoughts) I... I'm standing up. I'm actually standing up!

I carefully took a step forward and I lost my balance. I quickly put my hand on a wall to support myself. I took a deep breath. I then slowly took a step forward, and another step, and another until I am running at full speed with a huge smile on my face.

As I ran and leaped through the streets of the town, I was overwhelmed with different feelings. The feeling of the wind through my hair, the feeling of freedom. No more restraints, no more limitations. Feelings that I haven't felt ever since that day. After a few moments, I decided to stop and try opening the menu.

Akiri: (thoughts) Now if I remember reading the game manual, the menu can be opened by...

I then swipe my hand down and the menu appears in front of me.

Akiri: (thoughts) Let's see here... Level one, zero EXP, default armor, default equipment...

I smiled and closed the menu.

Akiri: (thoughts) Looks like I got a lot of work to do. But before that, gotta meet up with Kirito.

I then started to make his way to the marketplace to find my friend. Once I arrived, I saw that it was already filled with people looking around the different stalls that sells many kinds of items. I then widened my eyes as I realized something.

Akiri: (thoughts) How the hell am I gonna find him in this crowd?

A few hours have gone by as I was trying to find Kirito. I eventually decided to give up and I walked away form the marketplace. After a few minutes walk, I find myself in a field area with giant boars scattered all around.

I then equipped my default starter sword.
I smirked and ran straight towards it. the boar the notices me and started to dash towards me.

Akiri: Here goes!

I tried to activate a sword skill, but nothing happens. I stopped and looked down towards my sword.

Akiri: Huh?

I then looked up to see that the boar is right in front of me and it headbutts me right in the gut, sending me flying backwards and lowering my HP. I then hit the ground with a loud thud.

Akiri: Dang it!

???: Ha! ha! ha! That's a big oof right there!

I looked towards the voice to see that it was a guy with black hair and black eyes.

???: That was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen!

Akiri: Oh, shut up

???: Sorry, sorry. Here

He then offers a hand to me. I then took his hand and he pulled me up.

???: Hey, the name's Kirito

Akiri: Wait, Kirito?!

Kirito: Uh, yeah?

Akiri: It's me you idiot! It's Akiri!

Kirito: A-Akiri?

His eyes widens and he tries to run away, but I grabbed his sleeve before he could.

Akiri: Where the hell were you?! I looked for you at the marketplace for hours!

Kirito: W-what do you mean? I-I was also looking for you

Akiri: No you weren't! I didn't remember seeing you while I was looking

I looked at him and I noticed he is not using the default clothes and equipment. I then narrowed my eyes at him.

Akiri: How did you get those?

Kirito: U-Umm... It's the uh... pre-order bonus?

Akiri: THERE IS NO PRE-ORDER BONUS!

Kirito: Okay, okay. I lied about meeting you at the marketplace

Akiri: What! Why?!

Kirito: It's just, *sighs* in every other game we play, you always had the better gear. I just wanted to be ahead of you for once...

Akiri: So that makes it okay for you to lie to me and have the advantage by getting a head start?

Kirito: I'm sorry, okay?

I just pinch the bridge of my nose while letting out a sigh.

Akiri: Unbelievable

Kirito: Look, I'll make it up to you. I'll help you with the basics and help you farm until you reach the same level as me

Akiri: You know you wouldn't have to do all that if you didn't lie to me in the first place

Kirito: I know, I know

(Timeskip)

Currently, me and Kirito are heading back to the town after have just done some farming by killing the same enemies over and over again for a couple of hours. As we were walking, Kirito decided to break the silence.

Kirito: You were amazing back there. You move so quickly, I barely managed to follow your movements. I noticed that you use your environments to your advantage.

Akiri: Oh, I... used to do parkour a lot...

Kirito: Used to? Why did you stop?

Akiri: I don't want to talk about that...

Kirito: Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to-

Akiri: It's fine

Once we arrived at the Town of Beginnings, we saw that it was getting late and I decided to log out.

Kirito: Oh, you're logging out? I guess it's gonna be a goodbye for now

Akiri: Yeah, let me know when you wanna meet up again. and you better not lie to me next time

Kirito: Okay, I got it. Well, I'm just gonna stay for a while longer

I just smiled and nodded. I then opened the menu and went to the settings tab. I pressed the log out button and I was quickly logged out.

I opened my eyes to see that I was in the gaming room. I took off the NerveGear and put it on the nightstand. I then lifted myself up and got onto my wheelchair. Suddenly, I heard the door knock and it opens. I saw that Alexander had walked into the room.

Alexander: Sir, you have a visitor

Akiri: Who is it?

Alexander: It's Miss Asuna

Akiri: Asuna?

I pushed the joystick on my wheelchair and started to make my way to the living room. Once I made it there, I saw her sitting on the couch drinking some tea. She notices me and smiles sweetly at me.

Asuna: Hey, Akiri

I smiled back at her and went closer to her.

Akiri: Hey, Asuna. What brings you here?

Asuna: The usual

Akiri: Huh?

I then noticed that there was a travel bag right next to the couch.

Akiri: You're staying here again?

Asuna: Yep

Akiri: I told you, you don't have to look after me anymore

Asuna: And I told you that I'll be looking after you every summer vacation

Akiri: *sigh* Alexander, take Asuna's luggage and prepare the guest bedroom. Oh, and could you bring me my guitar?

Alexander: Right away sir

Alexander took Asuna's travel bag and heads upstairs.

Asuna: So, how are you?

Akiri: I've been okay. Just got done playing the beta for SAO

Asuna: Really? How did you manage to get in?

Akiri: I have my ways

Asuna: How about your surgery?

Akiri: I should be getting it in three more months

Asuna: That's great! You'll finally be able to walk again

Akiri: Yeah, I can't wait

Alexander walked in to the room, carrying Akiri's guitar.

Alexander: Here you go sir

Akiri just nodded and puts the guitar on his lap. Alexander then walked out of the room

Akiri: I've been practicing a lot. Wanna here me play

Asuna: Of course

Akiri smiled and started to play.

Asuna: You've gotten better. That was beautiful, and your voice sounded so soothing

Akiri: Thanks

He then played a couple more songs until It was time for dinner.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

1.3K 112 4
Izuku Midoriya was shocked when he found out his mother had purchased him the new Sword Art Online game. Excited to try it out, he soon finds that dr...
175K 3.7K 96
(Y/N) is a normal kid. Originally, he didn't want any part of SAO, but his friend had other plans. Join (Y/N) as he tries to survive the tragedy of S...
168K 2.3K 26
during the year of 2022 a new way to play games comes out the Nerve Gear and the first game for it Sword Art Online a new VRMMORPG. There one of the...
2.3K 80 4
The floating castle of Aincrad is a wonderful place. It's filled with people and monsters who were designed for others to enjoy, to fulfil the desir...