Loving You's The Antidote ||...

By twinklingpisces

If you're looking for a fic with better writing and less irritating characters PLEASE take a look at my other... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Other Works

Chapter 6

12K 446 330
By twinklingpisces

As Harry's eyes fluttered open panic filled his body. He sat up quickly, yelping at the pain in his body as he looked around. After a second or two he remembered where he was, letting out a sigh.

"Are you alright?" Gemma asked from the bed across the room.

Harry nodded. "What time is it?"

"It's like 11. You slept a long time."

"Sorry."

"No, don't apologise."

"I haven't called into school." Harry frowned, "I need to tell them why I'm not in."

"Don't worry, I called in earlier."

"Oh...thank you."

"It's pancakes for breakfast."

"I don't have any clothes." He told her. "Or anything..."

"You can borrow something of mine. Harry, what's happened to you? I know you've always been quiet but you seem different."

"I grew up and realised how shitty life was. When are you going home?"

"It's only shitty if you let it be."

"Yeah, cause I can control everything." He muttered sarcastically. "You never answered my question."

"2 days time."

"And let me guess, I won't see you for another year or two."

"Don't be stupid."

"I'm not being stupid. It's not exactly unlikely, is it?"

"I told you, I thought it would be best for you."

"Yeah, whatever."

"I'm going to get you some clothes then you can have breakfast and I'll drive you home."

Harry's breath hitched at the idea of going home. "The house is a mess. I don't think you want to see it."

"How bad can it be?"

"Um, worse than the worst...I haven't had time to clean it."

"Can't Uncle John do that?"

Harry shrugged, "he makes me."

//

Harry cowered behind Gemma as she knocked on the door. His uncle was bound to kill him, he had skipped school yesterday, not come home last night and skipped school today.

The door swung open and his uncle answered with a glare on his face, "what?" He snapped, "Gemma?"

"Hi." She smiled nervously.

"How've you been? I haven't seen you in ages." A fake smile was immediately plastered on his face.

"I've been good. I'll come over tomorrow to catch up if that's alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. That's fine. Why aren't you in school Harry?"

"There was an incident yesterday, he-"

"Fell down the stairs at school." Harry interrupted. "They sent me home."

"I'd seen him yesterday morning when he was working so he called me to pick him up as he didn't want to bother you. It got late so he stayed with me, the nurse said for him to stay off today as well, and possibly tomorrow." Gemma lied, looking at Harry curiously. There had to be a reason for his lies so she played along.

"Oh, right. Well I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yeah. See you. Bye Harry."

"Bye."

As soon as the door shut his uncle turned to him furiously, "the fuck you think you're playing at!? How are we supposed to get money if you're not going to work!?"

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I-" He was cut off by a slap to the face.

"You what?" He challenged.

"P-please don't hurt me, if you do I won't be able to work."

"God you're so fucking irritating. Get out of my house."

"W-what?"

"Just get out of my house. I can't stand being around you. You can come back at 9."

"B-but where will I go?"

"I don't fucking know, do you think I give two shits about that!? Just get out of my fucking house!" He yelled, making Harry stumble backwards.

"Can I please get changed first?" He mumbled, "I don't need to shower, I showered this morning."

"Fine, you have 5 minutes."

Harry scrabbled up the stairs, pulling on a pair of joggers and a hoodie. He had 8 hours to kill, he may as well be comfortable. Plus, it's not like he had any friends so he would be outside in the cold.

He rushed to get out of the house, sighing as he looked around him. The bruises had surprisingly stopped hurting as badly, but they still killed to touch.

He decided the best place to go would be the park, it was usually quiet there. But first he'd visit his mum.

He soon reached her grave, sitting cross-legged in front of it. "Hi mum. Gemma's back. Well only for a few days then she'll be going again. I just wish she would stay around. I need someone. Things haven't been good at the moment. Zayn beat me up and I threw up. Louis and Liam took me back to Louis's because his mum's a nurse. She's really nice actually, I think you and her would be friends. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to sit here for a while."

Harry paused, looking around.

"Uncle John kicked me out until 9 pm. He said I was annoying him. I know I promised you I'd stay strong mummy, but I'm finding it really hard. I just want you to be here with me. I wish you'd come back."

Jay watched from the other side of the graveyard. She had been passing through when she spotted the familiar head of curls perched in front of a grave. She watched as he talked and talked to the gravestone, probably telling them about his past few days.

She sighed as he wept, wishing she could find a way to help the poor boy. She couldn't help but wonder who lay in that grave as she walked back to work.

//

"I'm home my darlings!" Jay called out as she placed her shopping bags on the kitchen island.

Louis immediately rushed over to help put the shopping away.

"I saw Harry in the graveyard today." She told Louis absent-mindedly.

"Oh? What was he doing?"

"He was talking to one of the gravestones."

"What? That's so weird." Louis frowned, shaking his head. "Who talks to a gravestone?"

"People do you know. It's a normal thing to do."

"But why?"

"Well, the person isn't alive anymore so they can't talk to them physically, but they can talk to them like that."

Louis shrugged, he was sure that wasn't a normal thing to do. "Who's grave was it?"

"I don't know, no idea. Oh, I have to go and pick something up from the post office. I'll go now quickly."

"Alright. Is it okay if I have Zayn and Liam over?"

"Of course sweetheart. I'll be back in half an hour." She kissed the top of his head.

"Okay, bye mum."

//

Jay decided to walk through the park on her way back home in order to take a short cut. She paused as she say the boy from earlier, crying into his hands as he sat by the pond.

"Harry love?" Jay stood behind him, making him jump.

"H-hi." He hiccuped, wiping his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"N-nothing."

"Oh don't give me any of that shit." She sat down next to him. "What are you doing out here? It's freezing."

"I'm locked out of my house." He told her.

"Come home with me until someone gets home. You can't be out here without a coat, you'll catch your death."

"It's okay." He sniffled, "thank you though."

"Come on, I'm not asking you. You're coming home with me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

528 41 14
TW: Self Harm, Alcohol, Abusive Language, Toxic relationships, Accidental Death and other substances Not a lot of people find love in their life so w...
37.5K 548 15
Harry and Louis looked like they were meant to be from the moment they met at the X Factor, but unfortunately young boys don't always get to live lik...
220K 8.8K 35
• completed at 23k • where louis is a senior in high school struggling to keep himself together and his creative writing teacher manages to find a wa...
859K 27.9K 51
It's been 5 years since One Direction went on a hiatus. The boys all are successful and happy in their solo careers and have kept in touch. That is...