LOVE SCARS || Daryl Dixon

By __cartier__

"She wore her troubled past Like scars - She had been through battle And though no one could see her demon... More

Love Scars.
-
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
PLEASE ANSWER
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XXXX
XXXXI
XXXXII
XXXXIII

VII

18.1K 382 237
By __cartier__

ISABELLÁ

I WOKE UP STARTLED when I heard yelling coming from outside. I looked over to the chair Daryl had been sat in, he was no longer there. I sat up wincing in pain as my head began to throb. I grabbed my broken right hand with my left and held it to my chest to stop me from damaging it any more. It hurt like a bitch.
I swung my legs gently off the bed placing my bare feet on the floor.

Man I need a pedicure.

I reached for my boots with my left hand which had my socks inside and started to put them on. Doing one handed was a struggle and led to a lot of frustrated cries.

Once I had my boots on, I slowly pushed myself off the bed using my left arm to help.

I stood up I instantly felt light headed. After standing there for a few moments before regaining my balance. I clutched my right arm with my left and made my way towards the door.

Once I got to the top of the stairs I stopped taking a minute to breathe. My head pulsated with pain and my whole body ached. After saving Lori and her baby I think I deserved a full body massage at a 5 star spa, especially because of the pain I was in.

I took one step at a time trying not to over do myself. I got to the bottom I had to take another moment to breathe. I looked down at my hand, it was different from yesterday. Three of my fingers will still right angles. My wrist was swollen with a bone sticking out of the side, my whole hand was purple.

The yelling has now moved into the house, I could hear Daryl and Shane both shouting. If they were fighting each other again I was gonna lose it.

I moved quickly towards where the yelling was coming from. My feet were unsteady underneath me.
I moved down the corridor to see the group yelling in the hall way.

"What's going on?" I said raising my voice above the chaos, still clutching my hand to my chest.
Everyone when silent and looked at me.

"You need to be resting" Maggie said looking at me with gentle eyes.

"You should be treating Izzy's problems" Shane yelled at Hershel. "Not some nutcase kid off the street"

"Shane" Rick warned.

I frowned.

"I just need to treat his leg and they I can help Izzy" Hershel said standing his ground.

"Her hand is purple man" Shane shouted back throwing his hands around.

"I'm fine" I said sternly. "Now tell me what happened"

"We found this kid, Randell, he was impaled on a fence. We saved him" Rick said standing in the door way next to Lori.

"You're forgetting the part where he shot at you" Shane snapped at Rick.

"He has a group. We're not sure how big" Glenn added quietly.

I looked between the group. They were frightened, all of them.

"You need to fix his leg and fix my hand quickly. If his group finds us I can't protect you with my hand like this" I said raising it up to show him.

Everyone squirmed. It did look pretty disgusting.
"You're in no fit state to even be out of bed, let alone fight" Maggie said with a look of concern.

"I'm fine" I mumbled before turning to Hershel, "help the kid" I said.
He nodded before leaving.

•~•~•~•

I sat outside on the deck with my back resting against the house. Maggie insisted that I went back to bed but I couldn't go back up there and not know what's going on. I felt helpless.

I rested my head back against the house. My hole body ached, especially my hand and head. I clenched my jaw in pain before sitting back up and looking out to the farm.

"You're in pain aren't you" Glenn said appearing out of nowhere.
I turned and looked at him. His face was full of concern and sympathy.

"I'm fine" I said giving him a small smile.

"No you're not" he said crossing his arms.

"Well there's nothing anyone can do. So I'll be fine" I said.

"C'mon" he said nodding towards the farmhouse.

"Why?" I frowned.

"Back to bed"

"I can't Glenn. I can't just lay there helplessly not knowing what's happening" I said looking up at him.

"Hershel has nearly finished with the kid, why don't we just go and wait for him up there? And once he's finished with your hand you can come back down yeah?" Glenn said kindly.

I nodded. I pushed myself off the floor with my left hand struggling to get up. Then I felt a hand on my right elbow and shoulder helping me get up.
"Thanks" I said quietly.

"C'mon" he said leading me into the house still holding onto me.

Once we got up to the bedroom I sat on the bed.
"I was gonna leave you know?" I said looking down.
"If Lori didn't go after them I was going to leave. And probably if Lori didn't crash the car I'd be gone by now" I added still looking down.
"I don't believe you" Glenn said sitting at the end of the bed.

I looked up and frowned.

"If you wanted to go so bad you would have left. You wouldn't have stayed to help Lori, you would have gone. What's stopping you from leaving after Hershel fixes you up?" Glenn said looking at me.

"That group that the kids from. I've got to stay and help" I said looking at him.

"You don't have to stay" he said.

"What do you mean?" I frowned. Did he want me gone?

"You want to stay. You care about us. That's why you went with Lori. That's why you nearly killed yourself protecting her and that's why you're still going to stay" Glenn said still looking at me.

I shook my head looking down.
A few moments passed when we didn't speak.
Maggie and Hershel walked into the room.

"Let's get your hand fixed" Maggie said smiling.
"How are you feeling?" Hershel asked walking over to the chair next to me and putting a first aid box on it.
"I'm fine" I said forcing a smile
"She's not" Glenn said standing up "she's in a lot of pain"

I glared at Glenn, he gave me a weak smile back.
"After I've fixed up you hand I'll give you something for the pain" Hershel said while rummaging around in the box. He pulled out three metal splints and a bandage.
"You're lucky we have these" he said holding the splints up.

I gave him a small smile.

"This is going to hurt a lot Isabella, I'm sorry" Hershel said looking sympathetic. "Glenn I'm going to need you to hold her down"
Glenn have Hershel a frightened look before looking back at me.

"I won't bite" I said.

He walked over to my right side, the same side Hershel was on and pinned my shoulders down. Maggie was on the my left looking over me with concern.
"I'm going to straighten out your fingers and put the splint on. You ready?" Hershel said gentle holding my fingers. Even that hurt.

"Yeah" I said quietly.

He grabbed my little finger pulling and twisting at it. Pain radiated through my body as I could feel my bones grind together. I clenched my jaw screaming a little. I squeezed my eyes shut and a single tear rolled down my face.

Once Hershel got it back in the correct way place he slid the splint into my finger.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"Fine" I said through gritted teeth.

"Next one" he said.

He repeated the process on my ring finger. This time it hurt more. I screamed again through gritted teeth, this time grabbing Maggie's hand.

"Lori better name that fucking kid after me" I said through gritted teeth. Hershel shot me a disapproving look. He's religious which meant no swearing in his house. But at this point I didn't care.
He slid the splint onto my ring finger.

"Just one more" he said sounding relived.

He grabbed my middle finger repeating the process. This time I didn't scream. I clenched my jaw and glared at Glenn. His face turned from worried to frightened. He looked at me with fear in his eyes.
"All done" Hershel said. Glenn quickly took his hands off me stepping back.

I let out a little chuckle and shook my head. Maggie was also smiling from next to me.

"Just need to examine your wrist now. This will hurt but it shouldn't be as bad. Glenn can you go back to where you were" Hershel said looking at him.
Glenn looked around frantically trying to find an excuse not to.

"He doesn't need to. I'll be fine" I said smiling.
"I'm more worried about myself actually" Hershel said with a small smile.

"You don't need to worry. I promise"

Hershel grabbed my hand and began to move my wrist around. The grinding on the bones went through me. I closed my eyes taking deep breaths through the pain.

"Yep definitely broken" Hershel said.

"I'm going to bandage up your fingers then apply a cast from your thumb to you forearm to support your wrist" I nodded.

•~•~•~•

After Hershel applied my cast I went to find why weapons. I only had one knife on me, the rest were taken probably when I was unconscious. They either forgot that I kept a knife between my breasts or didn't feel comfortable getting it. Either way I was happy with that.

I left the farm house and walked towards the RV. I was very uneasy on my feet still and I probably should still be in bed like Maggie and Hershel advised me too but I couldn't do it.
Before I left the farmhouse I went to visit Beth. After seeing her family die she was in some kind of shock.

As I headed over to the RV I saw Daryl sat sharpening his knifes and started walking towards him.

"Hey" I started walking towards him.
He looked up at me then looked back down ignoring me.

Strange.

"I just wanted to say thank you, for been there for me" I smiled.
He grunted.

"What are we gonna do about the kid?" I asked looking at him.

"Dunno" he said bluntly not looking up at me.
I stood there in silence. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know why he was acting like this with me. Yeah he wasn't much of a talker, but this.

"Urm have I annoyed you or something?" I asked.
He ignored me.
"Was it because I tried to leave?"
He ignored me again.

I stood there awkwardly. I didn't know what I did. The past few days we had been really close, he was the only person I really talked to and now nothing.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" I shouted causing him to snap his head up. He was angry I don't know why but he was.
He stood up tensing his muscles.
"One minute you're holding my hand and the next you ignoring me. What the hell?!" I shouted.
He walked closer to me.
"You are right about people making you weak" he snarled before picking up his crossbow and walking off.

What did he mean? Was I getting weak? Or did I make him weak?

I stood there shocked about what had just happened. I expected to have a nice conversation with him. But no. I experienced one his tantrums.

I took a moment to calm down. I was annoyed at the way he just treated me. I had nearly died for his group and this was the thanks I get.

"Hey Isabella" Dale shouted from the RV snapping me out of my thoughts.
I smiled walking over to the RV.
"How are you feeling?" He asked smiling.
"Urm I mean I've felt better" I said shrugging. He have me a weak smile back.
"You here for your weapons?" He asked
I nodded.
"I wondered how long it would take" he chuckled a little.
I collected my weapons from him putting them in their appropriate sheaths and holsters before heading back to the farmhouse.

"Me and Shane are taking Randell 18miles out away from the farm and dropping him there" Rick said looking between the group.

"Daryl and Isabella if shit goes down you two are in charge. Keep everyone safe" Rick added looking between us both.

Andrea scoffed.

"Something to say?" I asked turning to her.

"You said yourself you're not one of us" she said stepping up to me, before turning to Rick "she even tried to leave. How do you know she will protect us?"

"To start with I actually have a brain and don't strut round with my gun thinking I look hard. I actually know how to use it and don't go round shooting my own people" I said getting annoyed.

"You only have one working hand" she scoffed looking down at my bandaged up hand.

"You wanna see want to see what I'm only capable of with one hand? Puedo mostrarte perra (I can show you bitch)" I snarled moving close to her.
T-dog grabbed my arm and shook his head.
I stepped back quickly realising that I was making a scene.

"So you trust her?" Andrea said looking at Rick with her brow raised. I stood glaring at her.

"She nearly killed herself protecting my wife and unborn child" Rick said looking at Andrea.

I'm guessing Lori been pregnant was now common knowledge.

"She didn't have to do that. She stayed and helped to look for Sophia, and now she's staying to help with Randell. So yeah I trust her to protect us all" Rick said frowning and Andrea.
Andrea looked over to me. I shot her a smug smirk, this only made her scowl grow.

•~•~•~•

"How are you feeling?" I asked walking into the kitchen of the farmhouse. Lori was collecting Beth's food to take to her.
"A little tired. But I'm okay" she said giving me a small smile. "How are you?"
"I'm fine" I said giving her a small smile back.
"I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you enough" she said turning to me.
"You don't need to thank me" I replied. "C'mon" I said nodding towards the door into the hallway.

We both went into Beth's room and Lori placed the tray of food next to Beth on the bed.
"You need to eat something" Lori said kindly.
Beth didn't reply.
"Please just eat something" Lori repeated
"It's just so pointless" she cried.

I sighed. It was hard seeing her like this. She was only a couple of years younger than me. She had more to live for, even in this shit show.

Lori sighed and picked up the tray off the bed and left the room.
"Beth you can't do this. I understand you have lost your family but you still have so much more going for you. Your dad, Maggie, Jimmy. You've got to fight this Beth. They need you" I said before leaving the room and following Lori into the kitchen.

Once I got into the kitchen I noticed Lori's face full of worry.
"What?" I said worried.
"The knife. She has the knife" Lori said rushing past me.
I turned on my heels running behind Lori into Beth's room.
"Beth? You give it to me, sweetheart. You don't wanna do this" Lori said kindly but it was obvious she was panicking - so was I.
I stood in the door way so if anything went down I could quickly get the others.
Beth pulled the knife from underneath the covers and handed it to Lori.
Thank god.

We both headed out onto the decking to look for Maggie and Hershel but we only found Andrea.

"Andrea, have you seen Maggie or Hershel?" I asked her.
"I haven't seen Hershel, but I saw Maggie and Glenn walk by maybe 20 minutes ago" she replied looking between Lori and me.
"Could you find her for me? We've gotta get back to the house" Lori asked.
"Of course" she said before turning around and heading towards the camp.

•~•~•~•

"Are you crazy?" Maggie said walking into Beth's room.

I had just told her and Andrea about what happened. She was absolutely heartbroken.
Andrea stood in the door way watching this all unfold.

"What if Dad finds out?" She shouted with tears in her eyes.

"What's he gonna do? Kill me for committing suicide?" Beth said annoyed.

"Stop being such a brat" Maggie shouted.

Oh dear.

"He'd die. So would I. This isn't just about you. We all lost Mom" Maggie said a little nicer.

Beth looked over to me knowing this was what I told her earlier.

Me, Lori and Andrea left Maggie and Beth alone to talk things out.

We stood outside the door awkwardly looked around as we could here the sisters yelling.

"It's a family affair. We'll let them work it out" Andrea said nodding.

"That's working it out" Lori frowned gesturing towards the yelling.

"When Beth stops fighting, that's when it's time to worry" Andrea said flippantly.

"Are you shitting me?" I said annoyed.

"You are been so selfish" Lori yelled.

I don't think I could ever get to good terms Andrea.
"This could have been handled better" Andrea shrugged.

"How?" Lori snarled.

"You shouldn't have taken the knife away. You were wrong, like Dale taking my gun. That wasn't your decision. She has to choose to live on her own. She has to find her own reasons" Andrea said far too laid back for my liking.

"You" I snarled said pointing in her face with my only working hand. "Need to learn to shut that stupid mouth of yours. Because one day I am going to beat the shit out of you and I won't be able to stop" I yelled before walking off.

I walked over to the camp sitting down pulling out the knife I use the most and began to sharpen it. I had been there for a few hours when Maggie came over.

"Thank you for helping with Beth" Maggie said with a small smile.

"I didn't really do much" I said not looking up "who's watching her?"

"Andrea" Maggie replied.
I looked up.

"She's a nutcase. I wouldn't have trusted her" I said looking a Maggie.

"She means well" Maggie said shrugging.
I shook my head looking down.

"I'll see you later" Maggie said giving me a small smile.
I nodded.

I sat for another few minutes when I looked up go see Andrea walking through camp.
"Who's watching Beth?" I said standing up quickly.
She looked guilty.

I glared at her before running up to the house and I to Beth's room.

"I'm sorry" she said crying holding a bloody piece of glass and had blood dripping down her arm.

I turned straight back out the room heading back to Andrea.
"She slit her wrists you stupid bitch" I shouted walking towards her. "Are you happy now?!"

Everyone in the camp began to gather around us at the sound of the commotion.

"Where were you?" Lori asked walking out of the house.

"I heard what happened. She wants to live. She's made her decision" Andrea said smiling.

"You are a fucking psycho" I snarled stepping closer to her. 

"She tried to kill herself" Maggie frowned.

"No she didn't" Andrea said still smiling.

"My father is stitching her wrist right now" Maggie said shouting.

"She'll live" she said smiling.
That was it. I'd just about had enough of her.
I swung my left arm making contact with her jaw. Her head snapped to the side before she fell to the floor.

"Izzy" I heard a small gasp. Nobody stopped me though. They knew she deserved it.

She held her face and looked back up at me scowling. I sarcastically grinned looking down at her.

Maggie walked over and glared down at Andrea "Stay away from her. From both of us. Don't you dare step foot inside this house again"
Andrea laid on the floor holding her face looking shocked. What did she expect?

I stepped over her and walk towards camp, specifically the tree I usually sleep in.
Can't say I've missed it. I'd much rather sleep in a tent like the others but I sleeping in a tent with Shane would not go well. I was going to Daryl up on his offer of sleeping in a tent with him but after this mornings events I figured it would be best not to.

"Rick and Shane are back" Someone yelled from the farmhouse. I turned round to see them jumping out the car. Shane slammed the door shut before going the back of the car and pulling someone out.

They still had the kid.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72K 2.6K 73
"Nothin' lasts forever And we both know hearts can change And it's hard to hold a candle In the cold November rain" Alone. Family had always been Liz...
292K 8.5K 104
[seasons 4 - 11 ] STRANGERS TO FAMILY, ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐™– ๐™œ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™จ๐™ช๐™ง๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™ค๐™ง๐™จ ๐™–๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™š๐™–๐™™ ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ž๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™–๏ฟฝ...
132K 3.2K 37
Daryl Dixon FF I Found You, I Found Love, I Found It Where It Wasn't Supposed To Be. I DO NOT OWN THE WALKING DEAD CHARACTERS OR PLOT I ONLY OWN THEO...
133K 4.7K 41
to her, the world was silent. she couldn't hear the birds sing, the leave rustling in the breeze, the crashing of a waterfall. she couldn't hear the...