We are Real Madrid

By Parida

There is always something to do in the factory of Real Madrid. No matter if it is a new transfer-disaster, bi... More

The party
stay at your side of the bed
I'll show you what you miss when you're stuck in Madrid
No puppy?
It's never really over.
We're just little kids who are living the dream
a picture to remember
How could anyone not be totally fangirling over Eden Hazard?
Nothing is perfect
Red cards and other dramas
Jesé is back
The little girl from Madrid
Christmas special *
Real Madrid vs. Fernando Torres
Happy Ending

the incident

178 7 0
By Parida

"Fernando?" I asked buffed as I opened my door. I was really pissed that I couldn't join the team on their trip to Dubai but Iker insisted that I should stay in Spain and that they would come home as soon as possible to celebrate Sylvester with me.

"Surprise!!!" The gorgeous Spanish striker smiled humble when he looked through his long eyelashes and keep me stunned with his comforting brown eyes. I hugged him tightly and offered him to step in. It was then when I saw that the brown haired striker was accompanied by no other then Sergio Ramos. "How long are you staying in Madrid and why aren't you in Dubai with the rest of your squad?" I asked when we sat down in the living room. I offered them a glass of expensive Italian wine which they both happily accepted.

"I'll stay for ever" the handsome Spaniard smiled with a cheeky smile towards Sergio.

"WHAT??" I nearly spilled my glass of wine all over my tablecloth out of surprise.

"I'm staying in Madrid. I signed at Atletico for the coming season" he smiled, he seemed to be genuine happy about his transfer to Spain. I hugged the striker again. "I'm so happy that your finally back home" I said with tears of happiness in my eyes.

"Yes, finally Home" he whispered softly into my locks as he stroke his thumb over my face to prevent the tears from curling down my cheeks.

I sat back on my chair, still smiling like an idiot which the number nine reciprocated. Even Sergio joined our happy round. It was until then that none of realized that my doorbell rang.

"I hope this isn't some prank of the neighbours' children because this jokes getting old after the fifth time this week" I sighted and got up to open the door. The person in front of my door rang my bell like a maniac and I was getting annoyed by the time I drew the key. "Are your serio-" I started until I saw a drunk Cristiano Ronaldo in front of my door. That were two things that didn't match up. Cristiano couldn't be drunk. He was never drunk.

Behind the Portuguese was a worried Iker Casillas accompanied by Gareth Bale who watched carefully that our number seven didn't hurt himself in his drunken state. In the corridor of the house were by now nearly the entire RM squad which got me slightly off guard. I let the striker in and waved the rest to join him while overthinking if everyone would match in my little apartment.

Contrary to what I first feared it wasn't the whole squad who stood in front of my doorstep. When everyone gathered around in my living room and some of them even greeted Fernando. I rushed over to Iker who appeared from out of my bedroom where he had left Cristiano. "What happened?" I asked worried because no one seemed to want to talk to me. Not even James who looked like a lost puppy when he sat down on my couch.

Iker had problems to find the courage to talk and it was Karim who told me finally what happened. "There was an incident on our way back from the airport. Our coach got in an car accident and-" It was only than that I registered that some important persons missed.

"WHERE IS ISCO?" I cried out loud. Tears streaming down my face. "WHY ARE YOU ALL HERE? WHY IS NO ONE WITH HIM?" I yelled while clutching at the goalkeeper. Fernando who immediately appeared with a pale Sergio at his side, embraced me and tried to calm me down. However it was hopeless. I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"Everything happened to quickly there was this car who slipped across that icy part of the street right into the right side of the car. It was just the front side on the right which got crushed but there was Dani, Jesé and Isco who had a vivid conversation. Dani and Jesé where awake when the paramedics arrived but Isco lost conscious. Cristiano tried to reanimate him but couldn't do anything, one of the paramedics said that he still breaths but his state is extremely serious... Everything was just a mess... Cris' blamed himself for not be able to help Isco... that's why he drunk a glass whiskey and well.... when you never drank booze, a glass of high-quality whiskey is enough for you to collapse and afterwards he just wanted to see you...

The rest of us just don't wanted to be separated after what happened and we wanted to tell you together." Gareth explained in English so I would understand everything properly. James appeared tears in his eyes and sniffed while stuttering his part of the story "I sat in the back with Toni. I'm so sorry Kathleen, I should have, I never-... I couldn't help him" I released my grip of Fernando and stormed into the Colombians trembling arms. We hold each other desperately in need of comfort. After a while I revealed: "I want to see him. Could anyone drive me to the hospital?" I asked with a husky voice. "Sure" Toni offered and Iker and James insisted to accompany me.

"The rest of you can stay and... please, look after Cristiano. Help yourself with food and drinks, there is plenty of stuff in the kitchen" I offered still trembling and never letting go of James' hand. Gareth hugged me and told me that he would have gone with me but he should look after Cristiano and be there for the rest of the team now and I nodded while going slowly towards the door.

When we arrived at the hospital, a nurse forced us to wait in a room. She couldn't give us information about Isco's state of health but assured us that the doctors would give their best to help him. Iker went to the information-desk to ask for the room number of Jesé and Dani and so we went to visit them while waiting for news about Isco.

The two Spaniards shared a room in the VIP block of the hospital so the medias couldn't disturb their silence. As Iker knocked on the door I already heard soft noises in the room. We got a call to enter and Iker opened the door slowly. I entered first, followed by Toni and James. I felt James hand on my shoulder for support because I was still a mess. When the two fellas saw me in my trembling state they made attempts to sit up in their beds. Iker told them in his captain tone to lay still and they obeyed instantly.

"Are you okay?" I asked with a husky voice while staring at the two footballers. "Sure, babe, just a few scratches and Dani got his right hand broken but overall we are fine. I'm even allowed to play in the next match on Sunday" Jesé assured. "We'll see about that" Iker stated dryly but I saw his relieved smile that crept up his face.

I smiled weakly at the stern face of the keeper however I knew that he saw himself as the head of the Real Madrid family so he felt somewhat responsible himself for what happened. Even though he seemed unaffected I knew that he beat himself up for it.

"Could you organize that my son stayed by his grandma while I'm stuck in here?" Jesé asked suddenly and everyone in the room turned towards the striker. "you have a son?" Me and Iker asked in unison. Dani just shook his head in unbelief and Toni and James smiled. "why haven't you brought him along when we made our pyjama parties with the kiddos?" James asked softly. Jesé just nodded but didn't feel the need to reply to his answer. Me and James shared a look. We would ask him again when the situation calmed down a bit.

That moment a nurse stepped and in and declared that the two patients need rest. So we went all to the waiting room to wait for Isco's surgeon to tell us how he is. The waiting was horrible, we counted every passing second but still no sight of a medical. I made myself comfortable and lay my head on Iker's shoulder while never letting go of James' hand. Meanwhile Toni was getting some coffee for all of us. We needed the caffeine after the shock and the sorrows we were put in.

After two hours of just glancing at the huge clock above the door, Iker's phone started to ring. "Casillas... nothing... surprisingly calm... sure... Kathleen, it's Nando." The keeper handed me his phone and I heard the familiar calming voice of my favourite Spanish striker. "Hola belleza. Como estas?"

"It could be better I think" I muttered sitting up straight again, tears welling in my eyes again. James clutched my hand a bit tighter and Iker furrowed his eyebrows in sorrow. Even Toni laid down his steaming cup of tea he got himself minutes before on the table in front of him and crouched down in front of my seat. His pale hand drawing softly circle on my thighs.

"I heard, little one, I'm so sorry for you and the boys... How are Dani and Jesé?" I heard Sergio shouting in the background. "They are fine, well Dani got his hand broken but apart from that and a few scratches they were very lucky." I informed the two of them in a husky voice. I didn't see it but I knew that Fernando nodded on the other side of the line.

"How are the others?" I asked on my part, worried about the whereabouts of the rest of the team. "Well after Gareth ran back and forth between the kitchen and your bedroom to take care of Cristiano, he finally felt asleep next to him. Fabio, Pepe, Marcelo and some other players with a worrying family, went back home to reassure their beloved ones of their well-being. Varane and Benzema occupied your spare bedroom and I laid Sergio on your couch. Illara and Nacho also said they would head home together and Javier Hernandez is busy in the kitchen. He helps me cleaning up your apartment." Fernando updated us. "Thank you Fernando for staying in charge. I wouldn't know what we would do without you." I thanked quietly.

"Don't worry little Girl, I will always help you no matter when or why you can always count on me..."

"Gracias por todos, Fernando" I whispered softly and I let the tears stream down my face again. I already thought I cried every drop of water out of my eyes but I was obviously wrong.

"Todos para ti, mi amor" he whispered back. "Kiss the boys for me" I muttered then under tears. "Sure, I will, take care of them... everything will be okay again, you will see... love you, my little girl" he concluded softly and before I can't replay the line went dead.

James soft fingers stroke my cheeks to dry the tears but there were always new ones to come. I thought back at my time with Isco and the other boys. I knew them since half a year and they already accepted me as part of their family. They saw me as a real part of the Real Madrid family. This thought made me even sadder. My family was hurt and I wasn't able to make them feel better. I couldn't stand the thought of waiting helplessly for news and not doing anything.

Not knowing what might was to come is the most horrible thing that I ever experienced in my entire life.

Iker shifted next to me, he and Toni shared a meaningful look and the keeper then changed place with the German midfielder. The blond German took me right into his arms and I couldn't help but started to sob uncontrollably against his strong chest when he seated me in his lap. James who moved closer towards us kissed my front reassuringly but through the veil of my tears I saw his face also red and puffy. The two of us were rapped comfortingly in the German's embrace. The young Colombian looked at Iker for support but the keeper whispered that he would check on Jesé and Dani again. James and I wanted to protest but the captain just waved us of with a sad smile.

Just half an hour later Iker was back with news. "Jesé and Dani will be released tomorrow. They are longing to go home already but apart from that they are fine. Jesé will join the training the day after tomorrow again and we will see how Dani is feeling the doctor said that his fracture will healing pretty fast so I guess he can play very soon again."

That were the first really good news we received since we arrived at the hospital. Totally exhausted the keeper let himself drop on the next chair. It was already close to midnight and we were all too tired and too worried to sleep.

Then after a while, after my tears finally dried, the door went eventually open and a doctor stepped in. "Are you the family of Señor Alarcon?" he asked. Then he spotted Iker and realization went in. "Señor Casillas what a honour to meet you" he said in awe.

I was too anxious to know what happened to Isco as to wait until the doctor got over his stunning moment. "What about Isco? Is he alright?" I asked desperately clutching on James' and Toni's hands. "I'm very sorry but I'm not allowed to talk to any other than Señor Alarcon's family" the doctor insisted.

"We are his family" I cried again and James tried to reassure me that everything would be fine again. However I had none of it. I struggled out of the embrace of the two midfielders and helped myself up to face the doctor. "I'm his attorney and these three gentlemen are his teammates we are as close to a family as even possible and as his lawful deputy I have the right to know about my client's conditions." I said with the confidence I just showed in court or in legal matters.

"I'm sorry but we aren't allow-" the doctor rejected but I rudely interrupted him. "I'm well aware of your duties and responsibilities as a doctor but as an attorney I have my own obligations which included the state of health of my client. Should I show you that paragraph in the code of law or do you believe me without the unnecessary efforts of mine, to remind you of your status." I challenged the medic. He stood still for a brief moment. The three footballers looked at me shocked of the classy comment I made just to reach my goal. However they should have known better, I wasn't for nothing the lawyer of the best football club around the world.

"Well... I'm sure you are well aware of the rules and laws so I guess it's fine when I inform you that Señor Alarcon is currently recovering from his surgery. He isn't awake by now but, his had a severe head-injury but he will be back to his usual self within the next few days. Just be careful and considerately with him, we don't now if his brain is already full recovered or if the injury had its side effects." the doctor explained defeated.

"Can we see him?" James asked. He stood now right next to me and his fingers are once again interlaced with mine. "Sure but he needs to rest so be silent." the doctor warned. "He is in room 223" We didn't lost any time and sprinted to the elevators right away. We didn't care to knock on his door when we finally found the right number and stormed in to the room. The sound of the machines made me feel sick and his pale face was a sight I would never forget for the rest of my life. His head was wrapped in white bandages and on his arms were tubes filled with medicaments.

I took a seat on the chair right next to his bed. Iker and Toni leaned on the sill behind me and James sat softly on the edge of the bed. Taking on of the pale hand in between his own tanned hands to stroke over the sensitive skin.

"I'm so sorry, Francisco, I should have been with you. I'm so sorry" he muttered and pressed a feathery kiss on the upper hand of the young Spaniard.

I waked over to James and pressed a kiss on his temples while whispering "Don't blame yourself it's not your fault"

"Don't call me Francisco ever again"

a weak voice came from the man on the bed in front of us. His eyes flattered open and I met the gaze of the dark brown of his eyes and I never saw felt something comparable again for the rest of my life. "Isco" I sighed tears of happiness streaming down my face.

"Kat" he sighed and I could tell that he was still in pain. "Does it still hurt? Do you need me to call the nurse?" I asked worried. James smiled with tears in his eyes and he grabbed my hand with his free one and clutched it tight but I couldn't care less because we were all just so happy that we had our Isco back. "No, I'm fine just stay with me for the night, yeah?" I nodded. James wanted to lift but Isco's voice held him back. "The both of you, Samba boy."

Now I could make out a hint of a smile on the Spaniard's face and the gorgeous Colombian leaned in to kiss the front of the younger man's face. "Sure, Francisco" he teased. This time Isco didn't complain. He turned his head towards Iker and Toni "I'm sorry that you all had to worry about me" he said weakly. The keeper sighed and stepped quickly forward. "Don't be sorry, we are just happy that you are back with us. Rest now and then we will see that we can take you home." The older Spaniard smiled and then he and Toni excused themselves so the three of us could be alone.

"Kat, Hammy you should rest, too. You two look horrible." Isco chuckled slightly. I wasn't even in the mood to reply to his comment. I just yawned as a confirmation of his assumption. "Come on, take the spare bed. I'll sleep in the chair" James offered. "Don't you dare, that bed is big enough for the two of us." I insisted and pulled him with me. I kissed Isco's temple and whispered a silent "Good night, golden boy, sleep well" but the handsome number 23 was already fast asleep. I turned around and crawled under the covers James held up for me and I immediately fell asleep with a smile on my face and in the comforting embrace of the Colombian midfielder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.5K 38
Most important to know about my story would be probably that my name is Sofia Maria Ramos. My older brother is no one less than Sergio Ramos García...
51.7K 1.2K 17
BOOK ONE - IN WHICH, MARCO TRIES TO WIN BACK HIS EX-WIFE AND HIS DAUGHTER AFTER RUINING THEIR LIVES.
111K 4.6K 41
In which Karim Benzema thinks he's sending a snapchat to Raphael Varane but ends up snapchatting with a girl who cannot believe her luck. #309 in Fan...
541K 10.5K 43
Abril has just graduated from med school and is now living in Madrid and she, being an absolute genius, gets an exclusive internship at Real Madrid...