The Billionaire's Obsession

By ShafiraSardar

Book 1: The Billionaire's Obsession 21 year-old Emily Pierce works as a bartender in one of the most popular... More

Chapter 1 - Mr. Woods
Chapter 2 - Employees Room
Chapter 3 - The VIP Room
Chapter 4 - Fairytale magic
Chapter 5 - Dinner and a Movie
Chapter 6 - Confirmation
Chapter 7 - Best Boyfriend Ever
Chapter 8 - Solid relationship
Chapter 9 - Saint Nick
Chapter 10 - Emily's Needs
Chapter 11 - Stalker Nick
Chapter 12- Trip for Two
Chapter 13 - Tea with Chris
Chapter 14 - Em's selfish decision
Chapter 15 - The Shameless Whiner
Chapter 16 - Our Future
Chapter 17 - Drunk Chris
Chapter 19 - The Premiere
Chapter 20 - The Announcement

Chapter 18 - Emily's Plan

233K 6.7K 138
By ShafiraSardar

Tokyo had been fun for a month, but now that Nick and I were in the backseat of Miles' car I couldn't be more excited to be home.

I missed the people we had left behind. Mostly Evan and Brandon. It's not like I didn't email them or text them while I was alone at the hotel. But that wasn't the same as spending time with them, in real life, not in the digital world.

Chris had been great company, even when he came over drunk. He had mentioned that his ex-wife couldn't let go of Nick which worried me. Not as much as it would have in the early stage of our relationship, but I still thought about her once in a while.

I jumped when I felt a pinch on my side, glaring at the man who just rudely interrupted my thoughts.

"What?" I asked annoyed, rubbing my side.

Nick rolled his eyes, "I asked if you had plans for today? It's quite early, I think I'll head to the office to sort some stuff out-"

"I'll go see Brandon later today."

Nick nodded, "I'll pick you up afterward?"

"That will be awesome." I kissed his cheek, "Did Chris stay in Tokyo?"

"He decided to stay, yes." Nick confirmed, "One of us should stay while we're still working on branding it."

"Chris mentioned that it would have been more beneficial if you stayed." I glanced down at my fingers while I nervously played with the hem of my dress, "Is that true?"

Nick didn't look at me, but I already knew the answer, "We'll go every once in a while. Chris will be fine, we won't need to be there all the time-"

"So we should have been there, but you're worried about me. That's the reason why we only stayed a month."

Nick grabbed onto my hand, lacing our fingers together, "That might be true, but this is the perfect opportunity for Chris to get his mind off Anna. He can focus on getting the club off the ground, branding it and of course boosting sales. He might meet someone and move forward-" Nick raised our linked hands and softly brushed his lips over the back of my hand, "It will work out, there is no need for you to worry about this, Em. I'll do everything I can on my end, don't worry about it. Chris is not alone in this."

I did worry a little, Chris seemed fine when we left, but I had a feeling it would take more than just work to lift his spirit. The man was heartbroken, even when he said that he was glad it was over.

Glancing at Nick I noticed how the light hit his face, almost making him seem dreamlike. Like a guy, I made up in my head. I quickly touched his face, afraid I did make everything up but thank god he was still there when I touched him.

"What was that for?" He asked amused.

"Nothing." I couldn't tell him how I felt, it was embarrassing, "I just love you."

He frowned, but still accepted my weird out of the blue confession, "Love you more, Em." He kissed my hand again, "More than you know."

Nick dropped me off at the club near his office and when I entered the club I was thankfully not greeted by my best friend banging his girlfriend. I was greeted by Brandon pulling me into a tight hug while he spun me around, making me feel slightly sick. I clutched his shoulders and closed my eyes tightly.

"Bran, I missed you too!" I giggled, "Please put me down before I throw up all over you and everyone else around us."

Brandon quickly obeyed and put me back on my feet. I opened my eyes, releasing a breath and smiled at my best friend who looked really concerned right now.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel sick." He stepped forward and placed his hand on top of my head, "You have a jetlag?"

I forgot I didn't tell anyone other than Nick about the pregnancy. I quickly agreed, calling my sickness a jetlag instead. Brandon narrowed his eyes at me and I could tell he didn't quite believe me.

He threw a glance over his shoulder and met my gaze again, this time grinning. He looked happy, really happy. It had been a while since I've seen him smile like that. I guessed Sasha was to be thanked for his happiness.

"I'd like to officially introduce you to my girlfriend, Em." He grabbed onto Sasha's hand who had finally approached us, "Em, this is Sasha, my girlfriend." He smiled at her like how Nick always smiled at me, "Sasha, this is my Emily. She's like a sister to me."

Sasha made him happy, made him glow in happiness actually. So I had to accept the fact that they were now dating. I flashed Sasha a smile who now looked flustered and kind of shy. I guess when I saw her in that embarrassing position she was just high of the excitement and the orgasms she probably had. I smiled wider and held out my hand to her.

"Nice to officially meet you, Sasha."

She shook my hand, "Same. Brandon has told me a lot about you." She released my hand and glanced at Brandon who now had his arm wrapped around her waist, "So I was kind of nervous to meet this important girl."

"You have nothing to worry about." I said firmly, "Brandon is really like a brother to me." I wanted to place my hand on my stomach but I knew that would create suspicion.

"I know." She smiled, "I've seen pictures of you and Nick online." She leaned more into Brandon, "How was Tokyo?"

"Peaceful." I walked to the bar and hopped onto a stool, placing my purse on top of the counter while the couple turned to look at me, "Chris and Nick were making strategic plans to expand their business in Japan. So I had a lot of time to relax and do some sightseeing. Less press there so I could roam around town. Together with my security guards of course."

Brandon smirked, "Of course. We all know how obsessed Nick gets over you."

"We have to fly over more often because Nick is really focusing on his business in Japan-"

"Since everything is running smoothly here," Brandon added.

"Exactly." I agreed, "Since everything is going fine here he has the time to focus more on his business there."

Brandon got a more serious look on his face, "How is Chris doing?"

"Doing well enough." I glanced down at my shoes, "He is not quite over his ex-wife yet, but he knows there is no future there. He just needs time to heal."

"Meanwhile the ex-wife will continue to harass Nick?"

I hated to admit it, but Brandon was right. Meanwhile, Anna was fixating on my Nick and I needed it to stop. Especially now that we were starting a family together. I really needed to talk to her, but I had no idea where to start. Nick would never allow me to see her and I knew Brandon would back him up on that one. The only one I could rely on was Evan. I knew he'd understand.

"I'm sure she'll get the message soon." For now, I was done with that subject, "So I actually wanted to invite you two over for dinner. Please, say yes."

Sasha quickly accepted, "Yes! This will be the perfect opportunity to get to know each other."

I agreed. While Brandon and Sasha told me everything about their relationship so far I texted Nick to inform him about my plans for tonight. I was sure he'd be pissed at me for deciding on inviting our friends over for dinner while we just got back. He was worried about me running around too much and it not being good for my health. I was fine though, he needed to accept that.

***

I was in the kitchen preparing plates for our guests while Evan helped me. He took hold of two plates and carefully walked around the island.

"So you want to meet Anna to have a talk with her?" He asked quietly, knowing that if Nick heard us he'd put a stop to this, "You sure about this?"

"I'm sure." I watched Evan balance three plates on his arm, "I think she'll be reasonable to talk to. The unreasonable person here is Giselle, but I'm certain once I've talked to Anna she'll understand there is no hope for her anymore."

Evan nodded, "I agree. I'll use my connections to find out which event she'll attend soon. We'll crash it."

I smiled, watching him skillfully balance the plates while he left the kitchen to serve our guests. I knew Evan would agree with me on this. Anna would never stop unless someone talked to her.

Since Nick refused I knew I had to do it. We just had to make sure Giselle was not around while I did it. Nick was arranging a restraining order for Giselle and after she heard about that by his lawyer, Mike, she quieted down. I guess she never thought Nick would take it that far. Nick told me that Mike could be very intimidating when he wanted. So maybe Mike intimidated the crap out of her.

"We need two more plates." Evan held up two fingers, "Just you and me."

I handed him his plate and smiled when he wanted to take mine, "I can handle this-"

"Yes, but you were the cook so serving the plates is the least I can do."

Following Evan into the dining room, I took a seat next to Nick and thanked Evan when he placed my plate in front of me.

Nick raised his glass in the air and glanced at each of our guests, "Thank you all for being here tonight." He glanced at me, "And thank you, Emily, for preparing this dinner."

Everyone cheered to that loudly. I held up my glass as well and noticed how Brandon narrowed his eyes at my glass of water. He knew I enjoyed a drink so I'd never decline it. He didn't say anything though, but I could tell by the look in his eyes that he figured it out. He knew the secret Nick and I was keeping for now.

After dessert, Nick and Brandon offered to do the dishes so I was left with our guests in the living room. Sasha was focused on the movie Evan had chosen, so she didn't notice when Evan turned to me and showed me the text he got.

"She'll be at the premiere tomorrow." He whispered, "We've got a date?"

I nodded, "Nick?"

He pocketed his phone again and focused on the screen ahead, "I'll handle it."

Brandon and Nick entered the living room shortly after that and took a seat on the couch as well. I shivered when Nick's cold hand touched my cheek and leaned more into him, kissing his cheek.

"Brandon knows," I whispered to him.

He sighed, kissing the top of my head, "I know. He cornered me in the kitchen asking tons of questions."

We focused back on the movie and when it ended our friends left. I was sitting on the edge of our bed, moisturizing my legs after a shower while Nick got ready for his shower. Him undressing was like a show for me. I knew he was doing it on purpose every time.

"Evan mentioned some sort of surprise for you tomorrow." He tossed his tie next to me, "You sure you feel up for it-" He held up his hand when I wanted to open my mouth, "Because Brandon mentioned that you felt sick earlier."

"After he spun me around in circles!" I rolled my eyes, "Of course I'd feel sick. You don't spin a pregnant woman around! Especially when she has morning sickness and just got off a plane."

Nick didn't seem convinced, "I'll worry less if you take Michael with you."

I knew if I protested he'd check up on Evan and me. I didn't need that, it would ruin my plan to confront Anna so I agreed to take Michael with me. Evan could probably make it work. I knew he could work wonders.

Nick slowly unbuttoned his shirt, a playful smirk spreading across his face, "If you're not too tired I'd love to show you how much I love you after my shower."

Smiling I crossed my legs and leaned slightly back on the bed, "Be quick." I whispered to him, biting my lip when I heard him unzip his pants, "I can't wait."

He quickly lost his clothes after my confession and hopped into the shower. Tomorrow Nick would probably be very upset with me so I wanted to make good memories tonight. To onto hold them while we'd struggle to find peace again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202 2 25
Jordan Miller, a 23 year old successful billionaire businessman, just witnessed his girlfriend cheating on him with his best friend so it stands to r...
302K 13.7K 37
Book 1: Hunter and Starr Valerie never imagined ranting to a handsome stranger would change her life forever. She figured telling him her darkest se...
2.2M 79.2K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
784K 24.2K 41
Thera Mallay, she was a self-made billionaire, having chains of restaurants across the globe and many other businesses. Her company was all she had...