Chapter 7 - Best Boyfriend Ever

After that night Nick and I spent the nights at each other's apartment. Brandon was right about him, Nick was a gentleman and he hated it. Brandon would voice his complaints about Nick every once in a while, but I wasn't listening to it. To be honest I was in Nick land and the people around me seem to fade into the background. Nick worked long hours at his office and I had night shifts at his club, so when we did see each other it would usually be when he had to socialize. He didn't like that so he suggested we also spent the night together. When I had nightshifts I went over to his apartment and slipped into his bed, he'd wrap his arm around me and pull me close. A few hours later he'd get up for work, letting me stay in his apartment. I would lie if I say it didn't freak me out the first time. It was odd at first but now weeks later I was accustomed to our schedule. If Nick wasn't sleeping beside me I couldn't have a good night sleep. I was so into him it wasn't healthy. Evan told me once that he thought I was Nick's obsession. I couldn't accept the fact that Nick was feeling the same for me. A guy like that couldn't be obsessed over a girl like me. He had better. I never voiced that out loud, if I did Nick would probably get furious with me. Things between us were good right now, I didn't want to cause our first argument. If I could I wanted to say a bit longer in Nick land where it was always sunny and unicorns were flying around. That was the good life.

Rolling to my side a smile spread across my face when I heard Nick moving around the room. He was getting ready for work while I had come in a few hours ago after a night shift. He noticed me being awake in bed and stepped to me, running a hand through his messed up wet hair before he leaned in and pressed a kiss to my head.

"It never gets tired seeing you in my bed." He spoke in a low voice, "Go back to sleep."

"Hm."

"I'll be back in a few hours, we'll have breakfast together."

I smiled, "Lunch for you."

He chuckled, "Yeah, see you later."

"Later," I whispered, rolling back to my side, smiling when I felt his lips brush against my temple.

I went back to sleep while Nick probably had a meeting to attend. I didn't sleep long, I woke around ten and started getting ready. After a shower, I blow dried my hair and did my make-up. I kept it simple, opting for eyeliner, mascara and a wine colored lipstick. Stepping out of the bedroom I nearly ran into Nick, gasping out loud. I didn't hear him come in nor did I hear his footsteps coming up to me. Pressing a hand against my chest, I took a deep breath to calm my nerves down. He placed his hands on my shoulders, gently rubbing my arms to help me calm down.

"I didn't mean to scare you."

"I didn't hear you come in."

He smiled, "I didn't want to wake you." He leaned in and kissed me full on the lips, making me whine in the kiss, "What?" He asked, pulling away looking confused, "Did I hurt you?"

Reaching out to him I wiped away the dark blotches around his mouth because of my lipstick, "No, of course, you didn't. But now my lipstick is ruined and your lips are stained."

"Don't care." And to prove that he grabbed me by the back of my head he kissed me again, long and wet, "I'm always going to kiss you so you either stop wearing lipsticks or we both deal with the aftermath."

Laughing I pushed him against his chest and walked around him, heading to the living room, "Are we eating out-" I stopped myself mid-question and stared at the plates on the coffee table, "You bought lunch-"

"I prepared lunch." Nick announced casually, walking past me to take a seat on the couch, "You were in the shower, then blow-dried your hair so you probably didn't hear me."