Chapter 18 - Emily's Plan

Tokyo had been fun for a month, but now that Nick and I were in the backseat of Miles' car I couldn't be more excited to be home.

I missed the people we had left behind. Mostly Evan and Brandon. It's not like I didn't email them or text them while I was alone at the hotel. But that wasn't the same as spending time with them, in real life, not in the digital world.

Chris had been great company, even when he came over drunk. He had mentioned that his ex-wife couldn't let go of Nick which worried me. Not as much as it would have in the early stage of our relationship, but I still thought about her once in a while.

I jumped when I felt a pinch on my side, glaring at the man who just rudely interrupted my thoughts.

"What?" I asked annoyed, rubbing my side.

Nick rolled his eyes, "I asked if you had plans for today? It's quite early, I think I'll head to the office to sort some stuff out-"

"I'll go see Brandon later today."

Nick nodded, "I'll pick you up afterward?"

"That will be awesome." I kissed his cheek, "Did Chris stay in Tokyo?"

"He decided to stay, yes." Nick confirmed, "One of us should stay while we're still working on branding it."

"Chris mentioned that it would have been more beneficial if you stayed." I glanced down at my fingers while I nervously played with the hem of my dress, "Is that true?"

Nick didn't look at me, but I already knew the answer, "We'll go every once in a while. Chris will be fine, we won't need to be there all the time-"

"So we should have been there, but you're worried about me. That's the reason why we only stayed a month."

Nick grabbed onto my hand, lacing our fingers together, "That might be true, but this is the perfect opportunity for Chris to get his mind off Anna. He can focus on getting the club off the ground, branding it and of course boosting sales. He might meet someone and move forward-" Nick raised our linked hands and softly brushed his lips over the back of my hand, "It will work out, there is no need for you to worry about this, Em. I'll do everything I can on my end, don't worry about it. Chris is not alone in this."

I did worry a little, Chris seemed fine when we left, but I had a feeling it would take more than just work to lift his spirit. The man was heartbroken, even when he said that he was glad it was over.

Glancing at Nick I noticed how the light hit his face, almost making him seem dreamlike. Like a guy, I made up in my head. I quickly touched his face, afraid I did make everything up but thank god he was still there when I touched him.

"What was that for?" He asked amused.

"Nothing." I couldn't tell him how I felt, it was embarrassing, "I just love you."

He frowned, but still accepted my weird out of the blue confession, "Love you more, Em." He kissed my hand again, "More than you know."

Nick dropped me off at the club near his office and when I entered the club I was thankfully not greeted by my best friend banging his girlfriend. I was greeted by Brandon pulling me into a tight hug while he spun me around, making me feel slightly sick. I clutched his shoulders and closed my eyes tightly.

"Bran, I missed you too!" I giggled, "Please put me down before I throw up all over you and everyone else around us."

Brandon quickly obeyed and put me back on my feet. I opened my eyes, releasing a breath and smiled at my best friend who looked really concerned right now.