Heaven On Fire

By caitygotwords

BOOK ONE OF THE "BROKEN" SERIES "He looked like Heaven. She felt like Fire." Blaise Nightshade. A small, feis... More

I N T R O D U C T I O N
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
Not an update...
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y
Thanks!
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E
C H A P T E R T H I R T Y
A U T H O R ' S N O T E
B O O K T W O

C H A P T E R F O U R

684 23 1
By caitygotwords

Elizabeth up top ^ 👑

Face to Face~ Rex Orange County

~E L I Z A B E T H~
"— a bit too sassy, not enough classy..."

"SAINT'S HERE!" A small voice yells before a bundle of golden brown hair sprints out of Saint's new house.

Saint lets out a dramatic "oof" when his little sister, Elizabeth, jumps into his arms as soon as he gets out of the car.

"You're getting heavy, bubba," Saint teases his seven-year-old sister.

She slaps his chest. "Oi, piss off, ya mongrel. I'm only sixteen kilos!" Though her language sounds grown up, her voice is so little and cute.

Saint gasps. "You callin' me a mongrel? Who taught you that?"

Elizabeth giggles. "Mum. She got pissed one night, started cussin'. Drank too much grown-up juice."

Blaise, who had watched the two siblings with a smile on her face, hops out of the car. She starts to walk around the car to introduce herself to Saint's sister, but Elizabeth notices her before she's closed her door.

"Who's that?" The young girl questions.

Saint looks back to see Blaise admiring his large, white house. "She's my new friend. Her name is Blaise."

Elizabeth round eyes admire the raven-haired girl. "She's pretty."

Saint smiles softly. "Yeah, she is."

The young girl looks at him. "She your girlfriend?"

Saint blushes and places his sister on the ground. "You wish, Liz."

Liz smirks. "I think you do, mongrel."

Blaise snaps out of her daze when Liz taps her on the arm. Blaise looks down at the young girl and the first thing she notices is her eyes. She has Heterochromia; one eye is grey while the other is hazel. The next thing she notices is the girls hair. It's just as curly and unruly as her brothers, but Blaise thinks that's what makes them cute. She looks a lot like Saint, though her skin tone is a little bit lighter than his. Her eyes are round, her eyelashes are long and golden, her cheeks are slightly chubby, her lips are full, she has a cute little button nose, and she's quite tall for her age. She's up to Blaise's shoulder, so she's at least in the four feet range. That's tall for a seven-year-old.

Liz sticks out her hand for Blaise to shake. "The name's Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz," she introduces herself.

Blaise timidly shakes the girl's hand. This is the first kid that hasn't cursed at her, so she's wary as to why this one seems so chill. "I'm Blaise."

Liz smiles brightly. "Cool name!"

"Oi!" A raspy voice yells out. Blaise looks towards the person and tilts her head when she sees a tall, slender woman standing in the doorway. She has golden blonde hair, grey eyes, a button nose, amazing cheekbones, and thin lips.

"Mummy!" Liz cheers. She grabs onto Blaise's hand and tugs her toward the front door. Saint follows after, a small smile on his face.

"Who's this?" The woman questions.

"My name's Blaise, Mrs. Donovan," Blaise introduces herself as politely as she can. Parents don't usually like her, so she's normally mean to them before they can be mean to her. But since Saint is such a sweetheart and he's found a place in her big heart, Blaise is willing to be nice to his mother.

"Why're you here?" She snaps.

Blaise narrows her eyes. Bitch.

"She's working on a project with me, mum. It's for Biology," Saint explains to his mother.

Her eyes soften when she turns over to her son. "How long will she have to stay here, hun?"

Instead of allowing Saint to answer, Blaise decides to. "If you don't want me here, Mrs. Donovan, Saint and I can just drive on over to my house to work on the project." She tilts her head to the side. "I wouldn't want you to feel intimidated in your own home."

See what I've been telling you? Blaise's instant reaction to most humans is to be rude. Although, Mrs. Donovan isn't exactly the most welcoming, so Blaise's response was justifiable. A little over the top— a bit too sassy, not enough classy— but she made her point without resulting to violence or name-calling so I'd call it a success.

Mrs. Donovan glares at Blaise before scoffing. She turns around and struts into her house, her chin held up high. Since she left the door open, Saint decides that Blaise and him can go into his living room to work on the project. Blaise doesn't comment on the amount of boxes lying around the house, just happy to be on the nice side of town for once. Apart from when she rarely eats at restaurants or goes to the pool in the summer, she's never on this side of town.

I used to be a part of the nice side. Now look at me; just happy to even step foot in one of these perfect, two-story houses.

"So babe, I remember you mentioning your father travels around a lot. What does he do and where is he now?" Blaise questions as they sit down on Saint's large, grey, L-shaped couch. Liz has gone up to her room to play with her toys, seeing as her older brother has a guest to entertain.

Saint, who should be used to the nickname by now, blushes slightly before answering. "My dad's a pilot, so he's probably flying over the Atlantic Ocean or something."

Blaise's eyes widen in surprise. "He's a pilot? So does that mean that you've been out of the country before?" Blaise bounces slightly in her seat. Saint's noticed how when she gets excited about something, she bounces and her round, dull green eyes become bright.

She's so cute when she gets like this. He thinks to himself.

Saint smirks. "I'm out of the country right now, technically," he answers.

Blaise furrows her eyebrows for a second before she realizes her mistake. Her cheeks turn a light shade of pink and she starts to fiddle with her fingers, though she covers her embarrassment well with her posture and calm facial expression.

"Right," she mumbles. "What I meant to say was, before you moved here, have you been to other countries?"

Saint nods his head. "Yep."

Blaise starts to bounce again. "Awesome! Where have you been? How many countries have you traveled to?"

Saint thinks for a moment. "I believe eight countries. India, Japan, France, Spain, Greece, Mexico, Haiti, Egypt, and now America." Saint pauses. "So nine, I guess."

"That's so amazing! You must've seen so many cool things! And the food, the sights, the people," Blaise sighs dreamily.

Saint smiles softly. "You like traveling?"

Blaise frowns slightly. "I've never left the East Coast. I've been in Pennsylvania my whole life. Never left the state." She frowns even further at the thought. Papa was supposed to take me to Jamaica for my sweet-sixteen. She thinks solemnly.

Saint frowns as well. He likes excited Blaise. Excited Blaise is cute, happy, carefree. This Blaise just looks broken, like she's missing a few pieces. No, not missing... lost.

"Where would you like to go first?" Saint wonders.

Blaise's eyes light up again. "Germany!" She answers enthusiastically.

Saint chuckles quietly. "And why would you like to go there?"

Blaise looks down at her fingers in embarrassment. "I don't wanna say," she mumbles.

Saint tilts his head in confusion. "Why not?"

Blaise throws her head back and groans. "'Cause it's silly," she whines.

Saint shakes his head in amusement. "I doubt that highly."

Blaise looks at him with a pout on her face. Her eyes examine Saint's face for a second, as if looking for something. When she finds it, she sighs before holding out her pinky.

"Promise you won't tell," she orders. "Unlike other people, if you break a pinky promise that you made me, I'll actually cut off your pinky."

There she is. Saint thinks fondly. He holds out his pinky, though it's the size of her pointer finger, and wraps in around hers. "I pinky promise I won't tell."

Blaise nods her head in approval before taking a deep breath. "Germany is where Hans Riegel was born, the guy who created gummy snacks. He's the whole reason that gummy worms exist! Which, FYI, are my favorite snacks in the whole world!"

Saint smiles. "That's not a silly reason. In fact, that's a pretty cool reason to me."

Blaise stares at him with wide eyes. "Really?"

"For sure. You clearly love gummy worms. Speaking of which, have you finished that big bag yet?" Saint asks, referring to the large bag the school nurse, Ms. H, gave her.

"No," she mutters. Saint gives her a look. "Fine! I finished the whole bag in Calculus."

Saint gasps. That bag was the size of her torso! "How in the worl—"

"I don't hear a whole lot of Biology going on!" Mrs. Donovan scolds from her spot in the kitchen, where she's unpacking silverware.

Blaise rolls her eyes, her usual cold demeanor coming back. "Sorry mom! We'll start now!" Saint calls back before Blaise can say anything.

Two hours later, the teens have their entire Biology project planned out. It only takes them so long because they spend so much time getting to know each other. The only reason Blaise gets ready to leave is because of Saint's mom, who, after the first hour, kept asking him when they'd be finished every five minutes. Blaise knows that one of the moms must've told her something about her, that or the woman is just a bitch, but Blaise figures it's the former. Otherwise, why would she be so eager to get Blaise away from Saint?

Just as Blaise is putting on her shoes, Liz sprints into the room and jumps onto her lap.

Blaise holds onto the small girl's waist to keep her from falling, staring at her with wide eyes. "H-hi?" She stutters.

Liz giggles. "Now that you two are done, we can play together!"

Saint smiles at his little sister. "You've been waitin' on us, bubba?"

Liz nods with a cute grin on her face. She holds up two game controllers. "We're gonna play Mario Kart!" She cheers.

~••~

"Shit...take mushrooms!" Blaise curses when she slips on a banana peel, causing Liz to get into first place and her to get into third. She doesn't want to curse in front of Liz, but she's having a hard time.

Liz laughs maniacally. "That's for Sweet Sweet Canyon!" She declares.

"You sneaky little shit!" Blaise grumbles as she tries to catch up to the young girl.

"If I'm that then you're a cunning little bitch," Liz retorts.

Saint gasps while Blaise smirks, not taking her eyes from the screen. Thank goodness Mrs. Donovan is too busy in her room to hear her daughter cursing.

"Elizabeth!" Saint scolds.

"Saint!" Liz mocks.

"We do not cuss in this household, young lady," he reprimands.

Liz rolls her different-colored eyes. "Oi, hush up. Between you and mum cussing so much, I know for a fact that that rule is fake."

Saint furrows his eyebrows. "What're you talking about? I don't cuss."

Liz glances at him. "Maybe not while you're awake. I've heard you cuss plenty of times at night though."

Saint thinks for a moment before he blushes. I always thought that I was being quiet. He thinks bashfully. I guess I should read my e-books in the shower so she can't hear.

Blaise cheers loudly, tearing Saint away from his thoughts. "In your face, Liz!" Blaise jumps up from the couch and starts to do a victory dance.

Liz turns away from Saint and pouts when she sees that she came in second place to Blaise, who sped right past her when she used a rocket booster power up. Saint laughs at Blaise's silly victory dance.

So damn cute. He thinks happily.

Just then, Blaise gets a text in her phone from her mom, asking her if she could make sure that she double-locked the doors. Blaise sighs and turns to Saint.

"My mom wants me to come home," she informs him, moving to put on her shoes.

Saint stands up to put his on as well. "I'll drop you off."

Blaise frantically shakes her head. She doesn't wasn't Saint to know where she lives. It would be so embarrassing and awkward. Besides, then he'd know why she was so hated at school. No one wants to hang out with the girl from the wrong side of town. That's just asking for trouble.

"No!" She denies quickly. Liz and Saint stare at her in confusion. "Your mom wouldn't want you to hang out with me for much longer, sweetheart. I can just walk there," sure it was ten miles, but she walked eight miles everyday anyway, ten was no different.

Saint frowns but doesn't pry. "Isn't that going to be a long walk?"

Blaise smirks. "I could use the exercise."

Saint gives her a 'really?' look. Blaise's legs are defined, her are arms strong, and her stomach shows the outline of a six-pack. She really doesn't need the exercise.

Saint shakes his head. "I'll order you an Uber," he states.

Blaise sighs. He's too sweet. "No need to waste your money on me, hun. I'll just call Spencer to give me a ride, since you don't want me to walk."

Saint pouts. He doesn't want Blaise to be alone in a car with her fuck buddy. He doesn't know why, he's just a little peeved that she would rather drive with Spencer than him. But after a moment, he shrugs. Spencer is her best friend, she's known him longer. If she feels more comfortable riding with him, then who is Saint to tell her otherwise?

"Alright," Saint agrees, though it's not like he can really give her permission. It's her life.

A quick text to Spencer and fifteen minutes later, Saint is walking Blaise over to Spencer's car. Spencer rolls down the passenger window, giving Saint a mock-salute.

"Thanks for takin' care of little Blaiser here. She can be a real handful," Spencer says with a smirk.

Saint gives him a tight-lipped smile. "No worries."

Blaise turns to Saint and holds out her hand. "Give me your phone," she demands. Saint doesn't even hesitate to get out his phone, unlocking it for her before handing it over. Blaise types something before handing it back to him. "Thanks for letting me stick around, babe," Blaise says before giving Saint a peck on the cheek.

Saint stares after her in shock, even as her and Spencer drive away. After a minute of staring after Spencer's car, Saint opens his phone when he sees a text.

blaise🔥🍑
😘

Saint walks back into his house, a small blush on his cheeks. His sister gives him a knowing look before she starts walking upstairs.

"You're drooling, man," she says with a snort.

Saint immediately brings his finger to touch his lips. Sure enough, there's a tiny bit a drool there. Shit, I hate it when she's right.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 190 39
Heartless:- displaying a complete lack of feeling or consideration. Her choice didn't matter as she got in an accident by the act of the so-called J...
169K 3.3K 85
{MATURE CONTENT} Arabella Turner doesn't know where she fits. She can't tell if enjoys the peaceful quiet or the partying and crowds, but she just bl...
18.4K 555 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...
456K 13.2K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...