➸ airbender love (aangxoc)

By lqllaby

the fire nation thinks they killed every airbender, but did they really? water. earth. fire. air. my grandm... More

the boy in the iceberg ‧₊˚ ✩
the village ‧₊˚ ✩
the southern air temple ‧₊˚ ✩
the warriors of kyoshi ‧₊˚ ✩
the king of omashu ‧₊˚ ✩
the three challenges ‧₊˚ ✩
imprisoned ‧₊˚ ✩
release the prisoners ‧₊˚ ✩
the spirit world ‧₊˚ ✩
avatar roku ‧₊˚ ✩
the waterbending scroll ‧₊˚ ✩
captured ‧₊˚
the fortune teller
bato of the water tribe
the deserter
the deserter pt. 2
a/n
i just remembered this story..
the deserter pt.3

the avatar returns ‧₊˚ ✩

2K 53 18
By lqllaby

"we have to go after that ship, sokka. aang saved our tribe; now we have to save him." katara and i walked nervously around, facing our brother.

"kazumi, i—"

"why can't you realize that he's on our side? if we don't help him, no one will. i know you don't like aang, but we owe him and i—" i started again.

"kazumi! katara! are you gonna talk all day or are you comin' with me?" he pointed to the boat.

"sokka!" we both ran up to him, giving him a hug.

"okay, enough family love. het in. we're going to save your boyfriend, kazumi" he helped katara into the boat. i just heard Katara giggle.

"he's not my—"

"whatever" he interrupted, putting his arms up in defence.

we were about to get in when we heard something coming up to us.

"what do you three think you're doing?" gran-gran said, folding her arms.

we all turned around and smiled innocent. please don't kill us

"you'll need these. you have a long journey ahead of you. it's been so long since i've had hope. but you brought it back to life, my lovely snowflake and my little water bender" she hugged katara and me "and you, my brave warrior, be nice to your sisters" then hugging sokka.

"yeah... okay, gran." he patted her back.

she turned around, facing all three of us. "aang is the avatar. he's the world's only chance. you three found him for a reason. now your destinies are intertwined with his."

as we watched gran-gran walk away, i saw katara turning back to the canoe.
"there's no way we're gonna catch a war ship with a canoe."

i looked around and saw appa. i ran up to him, giving him a big hug.

"you just love taking me out of my comfort zone, don't ya?" sokka complained.

"i hope aang's okay" I looked into the sky.

"okay, we don't have time for dreaming about your boyfriend, kazumi" sokka climbed up on appa's saddle.

"could you stop! he's not my boyfriend, for god's sake" i climbed onto appa, taking his reigns.

"but he will be"

"katara!" i shouted, just leaving them both laughing.

"let's go, appa!" i shaked his reigns and we walked towards the water.

we were swimming for a little bit and it was refreshing. but we really didn't have time for a little swimming session. we need to safe aang.

"go. fly. soar." sokka sighed.

"please, appa, we need your help. aang needs your help" i hugged him.

"up. ascend. elevate." sokka still trying, while kinda not trying.

"sokka doesn't believe you can fly, but katara and i do, appa." i petted him again "come on. don't you wanna save aang?"

we didn't have a choice. none of knew how to make appa fly. It's to late.

i looked into the sky, still hoping aang is safe.

"what was it that kid said? yee-ha? hup hup? wahoo? uh... yip yip?" sokka said unsure.

As aokka said the last words, appa began to grumble and flapped his tail into the water. he hopped along the water and with the last hop, he launched into the sky.

"you did it, sokka!"

we were all fascinated. i hugged appa again. i really love that bison.

"he's flying! he's flying! katara, kazumi! he's—!"

we both gave him a smug look and then there it was again, the 'too-cool' personality.

"i mean, big deal, he's flying."

i laughed and shook my head. i continued leading appa's reigns while being lost in my thoughts.

how am i gonna tell them that i'm an airbender?
'hi guys, sorry i didn't tell you but i'm an airbender'
no, that's to hard.
'look! i can bend air! what a surprise!'
no, that's too much of a lie.
i'm too scared to tell them, i should've told them right away. stupid me.

"kazumi, are you alright?" katara come up to me.

"yeah, why wouldn't i be? i'm always alright, am i not?" i should stop talking

"you looked like you were about to pass out or some-"

"katara, kazumi! look! there's the ship!" sokka pointed down the water, at the ship.

"this talk is not over" katara went up to sokka again.

i shook appa's reigns, leading him down to the ship.

"appa!" i looked at the ship, seeing aang looking at us.

"he's okay!" i smiled.

i looked down and saw the soldier, zuko, blasting fire at aang. He almost falls overboard. zuko smirked and fired the last blast, making aang loosing his balance. i just saw him falling into the cold water.

"aang! NO!" i screamed while looking at the spot where he fell in.

still no movement in the water.

"no, no, i can't loose him" i said with teary eyes, looking into the water.

suddenly there was a big water tornado coming out of the water. aang landed on the ship, with his tattoos still glowing. he bended the water in a circle around him, with that, he blasts zuko and his guards overboard.

"did you see what he just did?" katara looked at aang, still impressed.

"now that was some waterbending!" sokka threw his arms out.

aang's tattoos began to fade as he fell on his knees. not long after that, he completely fell on his stomach.

i landed appa on the ship, running up to aang "aang! are you okay?" i took him into my arms, hugging him.

"hey kazumi. hey katara. hey sokka. thanks for coming." he looked completely out of energy.

i put my hand on his cheek, giving him a warm smile.

"well, i couldn't let you have all the glory" sokka smiled too.

aang looked around "i dropped my staff" he pointed at it.

"got it!" sokka started running up to it, grabbing it. but he was not the only one. the other end was grabbed by zuko. sokka pokes zuko's head, making him fall off the ship again. Damn we back to head poking, but time for a good cause.

"ha! that's from the water tribe!" he starts walking towards us.

i looked behind sokka, seeing the guards standing up again.

"katara! now's your chance!" i started walking up to appa.

she tried bending the water at them, but instead she freezed it. lucky the guards got freezed, but sokka too.

"katara!"

i got onto Appa, taking his reigns again.

"hurry up, sokka!"

he frees himself, climbing up on appa.

"yip yip! yip yip!"

we took of but soon as we were in the sky, aang jumped on the back of appa, blocking off the fireball, that was fired at us. he took a deep breath, getting back in appa's saddle.

"how did you do that? with the water? it was the most amazing thing i've ever seen." katara was curious.

"i don't know. i just sort of... did it." aang was sad. really sad. i wanted to comfort him but i think he needs his time alone.

"why didn't you tell us you were the avatar?" katara asked.

"because... i never wanted to be." that explained his sad expression. poor boy.

"but aang, the world's been waiting for the avatar to return and finally put an end to this war." she tried calming him down.

i sat down in the saddle too, to give aang a little support. i.grabbed his hand, pushing it slightly. he looked at me, giving me a sad smile.

"and how am i going to do that?" he turned to katara again.

"according to legend, you need to first master water, then earth, then fire, right?" i said this time.

"that's what the monks told me."

"well, if we go to the north pole you can master waterbending." i looked at Katara.

"you both can learn it together!" i smiled at katara and aang.

"and sokka, i'm sure you'll get to knock some firebender heads on the way." katara pushes his arm.

"i'd like that. i'd really like that." he said dreamily.

"and kazumi.. uhh"

"i'll find something i can do, well i hope" i gave them a small smile. i can train my air bending.

"then we're in this together." we all smiled at each other.

aang got out a scroll "all right, but before we learn waterbending, we have some serious business to attend to" he pointed at places on the map "here, here, and here."

he points to two spots in the Earth Kingdom, and one spot on the southern air nomad islands in quick succession.

"what's there?" i looked at him.

"here" he pointed to the eastern earth kingdom "we'll ride the hopping llamas. then waaaay over here" he pointed to a spot on the southern air nomad islands "we'll surf on the backs of giant koi fish. then back over here we'll ride the hog-monkeys. they don't like people riding them, but that's what makes it fun!"

we all nodded, i gave aang a quick side hug. making him go a little red.

that's gonna be a long journey.

————
a/n: "‧₊˚ ✩" next to the chapter names means i rewrote them already‼️ im not really changing anything just small things and typos :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 1.9K 44
Heimat: a place that you can call home; a sense of belongingness, acceptance, safety and connection to homeland A decade has passed after the final b...
70.4K 1.2K 41
| zuko {a:tla} 1 water & fire don't usually mix but maybe this time it does - in which the daughter of a water tribe general is taken by the prince...
72.4K 2K 20
AN AVATAR : THE LAST AIRBENDER FANFICTION BOOK I : WATER "You-You're alive?" ~~~~ "Expecting someone else?" ~~~~ "Wait don't go!" ~~~~ "We were ne...
3.2K 59 14
Everyone thought the airbenders were wiped out and the Avatar was the only Air Nomad left, but they're wrong. This story follows Sora, a young airben...