Just Smile: A Naruto Fanficti...

By jarodlikestowrite

"Just smile, Naruto!" When he was six years old, Naruto Namikaze's life changed forever when the Nine-Tailed... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Friend
Chapter 3: Prospect
Chapter 4: Failure
Chapter 5: Start
Chapter 6: Slash
Chapter 7: Warm Up
Chapter 8: Genetics
Chapter 9: Uchiha
Chapter 10: Crack
Chapter 11: Shatter
Chapter 12: Promotion
Chapter 13: A Year Later
Chapter 14: Whirlpools
Chapter 15: Scream
Chapter 16: Cult
Chapter 17: Future
Chapter 18: Plot
Chapter 19: Death
Chapter 20: Bright
Chapter 21: Sparring
Chapter 22: C-Rank
Chapter 23: Belief
Chapter 24: Glimpse
Chapter 25: Blend
Chapter 26: Fortune
Chapter 27: Rescue Part 1
Chapter 28: Rescue #2/Hatred
Chapter 29: Exams
Chapter 30: Of the Sand
Chapter 31: Hint of War
Chapter 33: Burning Love
Chapter 34: Demon
Chapter 35: Funeral
Chapter 36: Farewells
Chapter 37: Shadows
Chapter 38: Questions
Chapter 39: Descent
Chapter 40: Dark
Chapter 41: Memories of Help
Chapter 42: A Promise
Chapter 43: Abyss
Chapter 44: Revival
Chapter 45: The Akatsuki
Chapter 46: Kumo
Chapter 47: Kage Summit
Chapter 48: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 49: Battlefield
Chapter 50: Checked
Chapter 51: Burning Steel
Chapter 52: Legendary Battle
Chapter 53: Duel of Fates
Chapter 54: The Second Sage of Six Paths
Chapter 55: Brothers
Chapter 56: Resolve
Chapter 57: God
Epilogue

Chapter 32: Underneath

6.4K 199 111
By jarodlikestowrite

Naruto ignored the fury burning in his chest, threatening to spill over as he looked at his students, who were in terrible shape having just completed the Second Exams of the Chunin Exams, the proctor was his girlfriend, who was said to be in bad shape. 

He should have been there to help them. He failed. Orochimaru had hurt four his limited group of precious people, having beat Sai up, having his goons rough Sakura up pretty badly, almost leaving Anko to die to the beast, and then, the worse of all, branding Sasuke with a curse mark. 

That alone made him want to tear the village over and search for the Snake Sannin. How dare he? HOW DARE HE HURT HIS PRECIOUS ONES? 

He would pay, Naruto promised that to himself as he guided Sasuke over to a different room, wanting to seal that wretched thing as soon as possible. Those who hurt his precious people would receive no mercy. 

They would perish. 

Looking at Sasuke with his Sharingan activated, Naruto held a brush in his right hand as his left hand stabled the boy from shaking, the pain coursing through Sasuke's shoulder where Orochimaru had bitten him. 

"Grrgh," Sasuke groaned as the cold ink graced his skin, Naruto's hand perfectly sweeping around the curse mark. 

"If you groan about the cold, then you're not going to like the second part." 

"Hn," Sasuke replied. Naruto set down the brush, his hand glowing a dark blue. 

"Remember, Sasuke, this will only be as strong as you will it to be. This seal is reliant on your unwillingness to use the seal. Anko-chan uses this seal and her hatred for Orochimaru makes the seal nothing but a tattoo unless that bastard is near, then he can make it burn." 

"I understand," Sasuke whispered, sweat dripping down his face as he grit his teeth, grinding them together as his shoulder flared with the burning sensation. Naruto placed his chakra glowing hand on Sasuke's shoulder.

"Don't be too angry with me, Sasuke. But this," Naruto flared his chakra, activating the seal as a shrill scream of agony erupted from Sasuke, who had not been ready to anticipate this pain. "Will hurt like a bitch for about a minute." 

Holding Sasuke in place, Naruto flinched at the pained screams of his precious student. Perhaps that whole, this is going to hurt me a lot more than it hurts you, was true? He didn't know, his parents weren't alive long enough to threaten him with a spanking. 

Finally, the sealing process finished and Sasuke fell to the ground, fatigued as his eyes shut, falling asleep from the strain. "Heh, weak." Naruto joked to himself as he went to scoop Sasuke up, only to stop as a chakra chain sprouted from his back and hit the ground several meters behind him, a burst of small laughter erupting, indicating the person had dodged. 

"Kukuku, that was close Naruto-kun, a tad bit too close." Naruto turned around and saw Orochimaru wearing a traditional Jounin outfit with a Sound headband on. 

"Hold still and I'll make sure to rip you in two," Naruto promised as two more chains erupted from his back. "You'll pay for what you did to my family." He growled. Orochimaru clapped his hands in mock happiness. 

"Oh goodie, perhaps I'll bake your ragtag family a cake, hm? Or maybe I'll give everyone a matching tattoo? You have two other Genin don't ya?" 

The sound of his own heartbeat echoed in Naruto's ears, each rhythmic beat getting increasingly louder as his vision grew blurry. 

Blurry. . .

"Heh heh heh heh heh," Naruto began laughing as he took a step forward, a fourth chain sprouting from his back, his chains looming over his shoulders like snakes, poised to strike at any given second. "You insolent snake, have you forgotten what happened when you took my Anko-chan from me? Now you threaten to take my genin? My children? My precious team? My kids? Kids? Hahahahhahahaha," Naruto laughed as blood began pouring down his eyes as a grey chakra slowly enveloped him. 

"You dare try and take them away from me? From me? Are you serious? I haven't even shown you a true glimpse of my power," Orochimaru took a step back as Naruto flashed a golden yellow, his Sharingan morphing into its Mangekyou state. 

"Perhaps you've gone insane with your power?" Orochimaru suggested. "But I see that the key to defeating you is your bonds. How ironic, even with all the power in the world," Orochimaru sank into the ground. 

He would spite the boy. He would spite everything that orphaned wannabe Uchiha stood for, and to do that. . . 

"You're still weak. . ." He whispered to himself. 

Orochimaru rose from the ground in Team 's room, witnessing the ones named Sakura and Sai sleeping, all scratched up from his Genin team. His sword came out of his throat as he lunged, ready to strike Sakura in the head before he felt he couldn't move. 

What? What was this? Why couldn't he move?! Just two more inches and he would've killed that pink-haired Genin! Why couldn't he move?!? 

Almost instantly Orochimaru flew through several different walls and rooms before he found himself grasped by the throat by a very angry Naruto, who hadn't moved from the original room he had sealed Sasuke in, though the Uchiha was nowhere in sight. 

"Vermin like you," Naruto spoke almost monotonously. "Deserve nothing but death." Orochimaru tried to escape the grip of the eighteen-year-old but found that the grip was as strong as titanium. "But," Naruto threw the Snake Sannin on the ground who immediately tried to use his Jutsu to escape, but he was pinned by Naruto's ability. 

A cruel, slightly crazed smirk appeared on Naruto's face, his pupils shrinking as if to indicate his madness as the four chakra chains suddenly pierced each of Orochimaru's limbs. "I want to hear your delightful screams, then, I want to hear you beg for me to spare you." 

Orochimaru's golden eyes glared furiously at Naruto, ignoring the pain as the chakra chains stabbed him in his limbs over and over again, though, he didn't dare scream in pain or even speak, he just laid there as he felt his flesh slowly get torn apart. 

He was going to die. 

Naruto frowned. 

"Why aren't you screaming?" He whispered to himself before a grin fully developed on his face as his chakra chains disappeared. "I KNOW!" Holding his hand in the air, Naruto slowly began closing it as Orochimaru's eyes widened. 

No, no no no no! 

Twisting his hand about a hundred and twenty degrees, Naruto relished in joy, practically shaking in excitement as Orochimaru let out a small groan, blood steadily pouring out of his eye. 

"I'll take everything you have Namikaze!" Orochimaru screamed suddenly, the pain becoming unbearable. "I will come back and ruin you!" Naruto tilted his head to the side, as if he were having trouble hearing Orochimaru. 

"You still have the guts to talk to me like that? I didn't think you had any anymore," He yanked his hands up as Orochimaru's stomach split up, all of his organs rising into the air as the Snake Sannin began screaming in absolute agony. 

"Holy shit, I was wrong," Naruto said breathlessly, his grin growing. "I've never been so goddamn wrong in my entire life! You did have guts!" His grin vanished as his eyes closed, taking a small breath. "But not anymore." Closing his fist completely, the organs exploded as Orochimaru's body went still, blood pooling around the corpse of the Sannin.

"I hope before you died you realize the pain you put Anko-chan in," Naruto whispered. 

"N-Naruto?" A scared, no, terrified voice sounded. Looking over to the right, his eyes widened in shock as he saw Kurenai, Asuma, and Guy looking at him with a horrified look, as if he were a monster. 

"It was Orochimaru, I had to kill him," He tried protesting weakly, stepping forward, but to his dismay, Kurenai took a step back, hiding behind Asuma somewhat, who was looking at him with a look that Naruto could only observe as disgust. 

"Unyouthful. . ." Was all Guy got out. Naruto's face twisted into one of anger. 

"Stop looking at me like that! He hurt too many people! He deserved worse than what I gave him!" 

"That may be true," Asuma replied carefully. "But you weren't you right there, you enjoyed that far too much." 

"No, I," Naruto felt his fists tighten. "It's not like that!" He met their gaze again. "STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT!" He shouted, getting them to flinch. "STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE I'M SOME SORT OF MONSTER! YOU GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIENDS!" 

"We are your friends!" Kurenai protested. "We're worried!" 

"You're not worried," Naruto spoke in a harsh whisper. "You're scared of me. I can feel it oozing off of your like a sickness, you guys have always been scared of me!" 

"You're not well, Naruto-san." Guy tried saying easily as he took a step towards the teen, but he just took a step back in turn, raising his hands. 

"Stay away from me!" He shouted. "Don't come any closer, I may," He bared his teeth at them, glaring while doing so. "I MIGHT GO INSANE AND ATTACK YOU ALL! That's what you're thinking right? That I'ma go crazy and hurt my friends?!" 

"No!" Kurenai protested. 

"Liar!" Naruto shouted in turn, but his figure began dropping, fatigue washing over his entire body as he spoke in a broken tone, void of energy. "You guys are supposed to be friends," He whispered, despair laced in his voice. 

He quickly vanished in a body flicker, leaving the three Jounin alone with an unconscious Sasuke. Guy scooped the Uchiha up and began walking back to the dorms for the Teams. 

"I was not scared of Naruto-kun, he would never hurt any of us." He stated confidently before turning around, meeting Asuma's and Kurenai's gaze with a harsh stare. "Though it is quite evident that you two do not hold the same sentiment I do." And with that, he left the two. 

"He's right," Kurenai spoke, on the verge of tears as she put her hand over her mouth. "We were scared of him! We've known him for so long and we don't trust our own friend!" Asuma frowned as he consoled Kurenai, bringing her into a hug. 

"It's alright," He whispered. "We need to apologize as soon as possible though." 

Naruto appeared in a small clearing as he fell to his knees, his hands digging in the dirt. Why? Why hadn't they trusted him? He was just protecting his family! It was justified! Orochimaru was a tiny speck of trash in this world! He deserved to die! 

They were scared of him. 

"God damn it all!" He screamed in fury as his chakra burst, the dirt around him exploding as he laid on the ground, his forearm over his eyes as tears slowly crawled down his cheeks. "I don't want to be seen as a monster. . ." 

". . . is it wrong to just be loved unconditionally?" 

And done. Got this done in one sitting holy shit. Haven't done that in awhile, probably cause I'm in the midst of a hangover high? Like, I was high as shit earlier and I fell asleep on the couch and woke up, stayed up for an hour and hopped on the laptop and made a new chapter lmao. 

So yeah, holy shit I might update Never Again before I go back to bed! Whatever. . .

Whatcha think? Proper character development without the death of people is always hard to pull off, especially in the direction I'm heading with this story. 

But yeah, I also wanna write a story in the perspective of a justified villain who's reasons are better than the heroes, but whatever.

Til next time my lil demons! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 89 16
♥♥♥ COMPLETED ♥♥♥ Naruto. Who would've thought that he had a sister. Her name is Mayoumi Uzumaki. A masked man took her into the woods to die on the...
260K 9K 19
Naruto, but he isn't bubble, nice or even remotely kind to those he doesn't know. He's rough around the edges, closed off and shows little to no emot...
105K 2.4K 34
It's been 19 years since that tragic incident....19 years since Menma and Narumi were known to be the only children of Minato and Kushina. But on a f...
706K 25.9K 95
Ruka had been abused all her life She got beaten by her own grandparents for reasons sometimes unknown to her. She got beaten by other children from...