GOLDEN || T. NOTT ✓

By weasleyssweater

"You're my golden girl" - Paz Parkinson is stuck fighting a war against some of the people that she loves mo... More

zero | recap
one | letters
two | burnt bacon
three | seven harry's
four | the wedding
five | hogwarts
six | crucio
seven | dumbledore's army
eight | suspicions
nine | dungeons
ten | the sword
eleven | crimson
twelve | potterwatch
thirteen | a shot
fourteen | captured
fifteen | an odd feeling
sixteen | darkness
seventeen | confrontation
eighteen | rogue
nineteen | what he wanted
twenty | breakdowns
twenty-one | false hope
twenty-two | wild card
twenty-three | fireworks
twenty-four | sunshine
twenty-six | the portrait
twenty-seven | pansy's discovery
twenty-eight | harry potter
twenty-nine | heartbreak
thirty | cup of coffee
thirty-one | green or red
thirty-two | breakfast
thirty-three | hogwarts, again
thirty-four | graduation
thirty-five | new beginnings
epilogue
extra extra extra !

twenty-five | to be better

3.6K 156 77
By weasleyssweater

quick bit of info! chapters 26-30 will be much longer than the first 25.  I want to make them near perfect so updates will be less frequently for the last few chapters, though golden should be officially over before august begins :)

anyways, enjoy chapter twenty-five !

SURE ENOUGH, AFTER pestering McGonagall for answers, Paz had found out Ginny was currently in hiding with her family.  She felt better knowing that Ginny was one hundred percent safe, though she missed her terribly.  It had only been two days, but it was the longest two days of Paz's life.

To make matters worse, not only was Theo in one of his infamous moods, but the Carrows were currently out for blood.  Paz and Neville's blood, to be specific. 

After filling Neville in on what she had done in the small amount of time he was gone, Neville had convinced her to do it all over again.  So, Tuesday night the pair did exactly that.  The only two leaders left of the D.A. set off into the dark corridors of Hogwarts, painting on walls and setting firework traps.

The next morning, Amycus gave Neville detention just for making eye contact with him, and Alecto used the Cruciatus curse on Paz in class for sneezing. 

Now Wednesday night, Paz and Neville sat alone in the Gryffindor common room.

"When are you heading off to detention?" Paz asks, glancing up from the book she was reading.

"I honestly don't think I am." Neville states, shrugging his shoulders.

"What do you mean by that?" Paz asks, all of her attention now on Neville.

"I mean that Amycus doesn't deserve the satisfaction of torturing me without a real reason to, so I think I'll just stay in here for the night."

Paz laughs at how nonchalant Neville is about this whole situation before shaking her head and continuing to read her book.

Although she was looking at the pages and skimming the words, Paz wasn't taking in the information.  All she could think about was how much Neville had grown since she first met him six years ago, and how proud of him she was.  She knew that his parents would be so proud of him, and also wished that his grandmother had been easier on him growing up.

None of the last could change though, and Paz was happy where Neville was at right now.  He was a leader.  He deserved every good thing coming his way.

The hours ticked by, Paz and Neville sitting in silence and enjoying each other's company.  As eight at night rolled around, Paz bid Neville a goodnight and made her way to the portrait hole.

Just as she was climbing out, she noticed someone standing by the exit.

Amycus Carrow, red in the face with his wand raised, was now looking Paz dead in the eyes.

"Finally!" He shrieked, grabbing Paz from her collar and throwing her aside before dashing through the portrait hole.

"What the hell?" Paz says aloud, picking herself up and getting her wand out, running after Amycus.

Once she was back in the Gryffindor common room, she already found Amycus, who suddenly had a whip, whipping Neville's back furiously.

"This- this is what you get.. for not coming to detention!" Amycus shouts.

Despite having her wand at the ready, the anger inside of Paz only told her to do one thing.  This results in Paz sprinting full speed at Amycus, tackling him down to the ground.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Paz exclaims, the man beneath her now as stiff as a statue.

She quickly gets up, hurrying over to Neville, whose back was bleeding furiously.

"Alright, you're alright Neville- um," Paz breaths heavily, beginning to dig through her bag for whatever potions she could find. "Here, drink up."

The potions didn't do much, but they helped Neville enough for him to stand on his feet and follow Paz's lead out of the common room.

"Where are we going?" Neville asks, leaning into Paz for support as they walked down a long corridor.

"After that, I don't think Amycus will hesitate to kill you.  Maybe you should spend a couple nights in the Room of Requirement?" Paz suggests.

Neville, who was clearly too weak and exhausted to speak, merely nodded his head in agreement.  Paz lead him all the way up to the seventh floor, entering the room.  It looked the same as it did during D.A. meetings, though now it had several comfy looking hammocks with pillows and blankets.

"Rest up," Paz says, helping Neville into a low hammock and placing a blanket over him, "I'll be back tomorrow with some food and company."

After making sure Neville was safe and sound, Paz quietly makes her way back to her own house.  She quickly closes the door behind her, just in case Amycus or Alecto has attempted to follow her.

Despite not wanting to admit it, after that stunt, she knew she would soon be joining Neville in the Room of Requirement.  She honestly didn't even plan on returning to lessons after the events of tonight, though she decided to return back to her room to pack up some things to bring with her.

Returning to her dormitory, she begins stuffing only her essentials inside of her bag.  Just a few change of outfits, a book or two, etc.  Paz was still debating whether or not she would attend classes the next morning.  She would not be facing the Carrow's, though she knew she was bound to come into contact with them regardless.

"Evening Paz," Astoria enters the room smiling, then taking in the scene in front of her, "Is everything alright?"

"Hmm? Yeah- of course," Paz says, tossing her bag on the ground and taking a seat on her own bed. "Neville and I have gotten into a slight situation with Amycus, I don't think I'll be returning to classes the rest of term."

Paz then sighs, falling backwards onto her bed and getting cozy under the covers.

"Where will you go?" Astoria asks curiously, taking a seat at the edge of Paz's bed.

"The Room of Requirement.  I don't think I'll be telling anyone other than you just in case the Carrow's start asking around for Neville or I.  D.A. members will eventually find out, but I want to keep everyone as safe as possible while I still can."

Astoria frowns.

"Are you bringing Nott?" Astoria asks, nodding towards Paz's Pgymy Puff that was sleeping peacefully on Paz's extra pillow, "I enjoy his company, he's a good listener."

Paz chuckles, softly patting Nott on his little head.

"I'm afraid so, but you'll be in the Room of Requirement a lot anyways, you can obviously come visit whenever you'd like Astoria."

Astoria wrinkles her nose, "The war is going to happen soon, isn't it?"

"I wish I could say I didn't know, but at this point, I don't see how much longer it can be delayed.  Harry is bound to pop up any day now, it's merely impossible for things to continue getting worse." Paz sighs, before getting comfortable in her bed for what may be the last time this term.

—————

Paz did not attend classes the next day.  Instead, while nearly everyone was in class, she changed into a pair of sweatpants and an old t shirt and headed out of her room.  She decided to stock up on some food from the kitchen before heading over, knowing Neville must be hungry.

As she descended from the girls dormitories and began towards the exit, she noticed a pair of eyes on her.  Looking towards the fireplace, Theo was sitting there silently.

"Any reason you're not in class?" Paz questions.

"I could ask you the same question." Theo retorts, earning an eye roll from Paz.  She notices some other students in the common room as well, which leads her to taking a seat next to Theo to ensure no one heard their conversation.

"Look Theo," Paz began, growing more and more nervous every second.  She had never planned on telling Theo that she would be leaving, but something inside of her told her to. "I- I'm not going to be around for a while.  I need you to make sure that Pansy stays safe, alright?"

Theo laughs, as if this was some sort of joke or something.  Paz tilts her head on confusion, "What's so funny?"

Theo then stops laughing, looking at Paz as if she has three heads.

"You're not going to be around?  What sort of rubbish is that, Paz?  You going to find Potter or something?" Theo jokes again, clearly not taking Paz seriously.  She was quick to grow angry at the boy sitting beside her.

"You may not see me again and you choose to make this a joke, Theodore?" Paz asks, Theo noticing how upset she was.

He was unclear of what she was trying to tell him.  She wasn't 'going to be around for a while', what did that mean?  Did Paz want him to join her?

"Why on earth wouldn't I see you again?" Theo asks.

"I've gotten into a bit of trouble with the Carrows-"

"Yeah, it happens nearly everyday-"

"This is different." Paz says harshly, cutting Theo off.  "They aren't holding back at all anymore, if I stay I'm a dead woman, Theo.  So, Neville and I are going somewhere safe, which means I won't be around anymore."

Silence lingers for a moment, neither of the two daring to look at the other.  Theo had an unsettling feeling in his stomach.

"Where will you go?" Theo questions.

Paz sighs.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you- not as long as you're fighting against me, anyways." Paz shrugs.  Theo clenches his jaw, clearly frustrated with Paz.

"What, so you're just going to run off now?  Wait it out until the real war begins?  What about Pansy and Blaise? What about me?" Theo exclaims, his voice slightly breaking during his last few words.

Paz ran her hands through her hair before looking towards Theo.  He looked not only angry, but extremely upset as well.  It broke Paz's heart seeing him like this, though she had no choice but to leave him behind, for good. 

"You can't keep expecting me to stay around for you Theo.  You know what you're doing is wrong," Paz says quietly, her voice shaking. 

Theo seemed to be taken back by this statement.  He shifted awkwardly in his seat, trying to figure out what to say next.  He so badly wanted to say she was wrong, but Theo knew she was right.  He had dug himself far too deep into this dark, dark hole, and now he couldn't get out. 

"I'm trying Paz.. I promise." Theo merely whispers.  Paz leans in closer, barely able to make out what he had said.

"Don't lie to me." Paz says sternly, earning a glare from Theo.

"I'm not!" Theo exclaims, startling Paz from his sudden raise of voice.  He settles down before continuing, "Why do you think I returned to Hogwarts looking a bloody mess?  I had a talk with my father, asked him what would happen if I ever were to hypothetically join the opposing side of the war."

Paz tilted her head at Theo and lowers her voice, "And he did all of that to you?"

Theo nods his head slowly, no longer looking towards Paz but towards the ground.  Paz stayed quiet, at this point she really didn't know what to say. 

She knew that Theo was good, there was no doubt in her mind, especially now, that he wanted to join her and the others.  Paz just didn't know how to convince him that if he did so, nothing bad would happen to him.  The D.A. might be hesitant at first, but they would ultimately welcome Theo with open arms, just as they did Blaise and Astoria. 

"Come with me then," Paz says, a small smile creeping on her face.

"What..?"

"Come into hiding with me- I can keep you safe from your father and the Dark Lord, all of my friends would be more than happy to have you with us-"

Paz stops talking after Theo takes a hold of her hands, looking her directly in the eyes and letting out a loud sigh.

"I love you Paz, but I can't do that, not right now at least." Theo states, though Paz had gotten distracted. 

She wasn't too sure if she heard him correctly, but she could have sworn he just admitted that he loved her.

"You, you love me?" She asks, moving in so she was now sat directly next to him.

"Isn't it painfully obvious?" Theo laughs semi-awkwardly, "I just wanted to tell you, just in case we don't see each other again as you mentioned.  I can't go with you, but just know I'm doing my best."

Without thinking for another second, Paz, with no hesitation, crashes her lips onto Theo's, kissing him as if the world was going to end the next day.  Theo was quick to match her intensity, though his hands were soft and gentle as they made their way up to her face and cupped her cheeks. 

As Paz began to pull away and rest her forehead on Theo's, a small tear escaped from the corner of her eye.  Theo wiped it away with his thumb.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be better for you," He mumbles, closing his eyes.

"You are the best for me, Theodore Nott.  Timing just doesn't seem to be on our side." Paz frowns, then locking eyes with Theo and smiling.  "For the record, I love you too."

I feel so weird writing anything that relates to fluff?? I personally am not a fan of affection in person so I have to push past that to write small scenes like that one.  anyways, I love paz.

900 reads!! that is insane, thanks for all the love!

im currently stirring up another short story.. though it's something I haven't done before and im hoping I like the outcome so I can publish it :)

hope you enjoyed this chapter!  'golden' is slowly coming to an end :(

gia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 1.2K 18
❝ 𝘏𝘌 IS MOST DEFINITELY NOT 𝘔𝘠 ROMEO, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ༊*·˚ 🎭 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 in which wyatt buckley finally get...
192K 4.3K 24
When hatred meets desire, anarchy predominates. And when desire becomes reality, there is a greed that possesses. For one shade of red is not enough...
38.7K 717 26
[social media x rl au] nott ur mans: i would drive on, to the end with you a liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full and I feel like there's not...
593K 24K 45
"Love is magical." - Anonymous Ranked #11 - hpff