Living in Cavetown

By Breonnajo03

Jessica lives with her dad and brother after her mother died when she was younger. Things go from bad to wors... More

Prologue!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Conclusion and Next

Chapter 9

38 1 0
By Breonnajo03

CHAPTER NINE 

*Chapter inspired by the song Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie* 

((It's time to be a big girl now. And big girls don't cry)) 

 The next thing I know all I see is a fist going towards my face. Feeling pain, and seeing darkness.

I wake up and expect to be saved. But, I'm not, because my life isn't a fairytale. There is no prince in shinning armour. I'm still on the floor in my hallway, drops of blood on the floor, a killer headache and nose that feels like is going to explode with pain. I sit up against the wall, and I don't think I've been in this much pain in years. My shoulder, scalp, nose, ribs, head, and wrist all burn with the familure ache of pain. 

   I look over at my fathers sleeping form on the couch and feel a deep hatred for him as he snores loudly surrounded by his empty beer cans. I slowly get up off the ground and go take a shower so I can get all the blood off of my face and neck. I shower as fast as possible with all the pain in my body and get out and run to my room to get dressed. My head still hurts, so I take one of the little white pills I found in Jamie's stuff on the other side of the room. 

   I thought the police would have came by and looked through his things for drugs and stuff when they tested him, but I guess not. I shrug with my good shoulder and drink it with old water on the bed side table. After about twenty minutes, I feel better and decide I should get ready for school here soon. I think I actually missed the first few days, so I'll have to plan to catch up. 

   I chuckle softly at the thought. With everything going on, I'm worried about missing a few days of school. I wish I was a normal teenager and only had to worry about passing my SAT's and finding a good college with my grades. Sadly, that's not the card I was given for life. I lean back on my bed to make a mental note, and fall asleep. 

I wake up with a start and sit up and listen carefully. SLAM! I flinch slightly at the sound and sit as still as I can on my bed. "Whore!" I hear my father yell out. I freeze and stop breathing. Please don't notice that I'm home. "You left blood on my floor, you skank!" he yells. Oh no. No. How could I have forgotten to clean up? I look around and notice my window is still open. I slip on my flip flops and quietly slide out of my bed and through the window. 

   I crounch down under the window sill and wait for him to slam open my door before running in a crouch as fast as I could. The flip flops were slowing me down, so I quickly took them off and picked them up before sprinting as fast as I could away from the house. I can't let him catch me. I can't let him catch me. 

   I hear the truck before I see it. It's HIS truck. I sprint impossibly faster as I hear his truck get closer to me. Almost there. Just a bit farther. I can make it. I'll be safe there. Just a bit further. I keep repeating this as I glance back and see his truck less than a block away from me. I'm going to die. He's going to run me over. I run across the football field at the park, and he drives around it the long way. Yes, an advantage. 

   I continue sprinting and can see the house a few houses down. I just have to get there before he runs me over. I look over and see his truck round the corner alarmingly fast a few houses down. Crap! I sprint as my life depends on it and reach their front door before hearing his crappy breaks squeak behind me. 

   I turn the door knob and it's locked! I scream and pound on the door as I hear his truck go into park and his driver side door open as fast as I've ever heard. I start crying and hear him get closer to me. I look behind me and see another car I don't recognize in front of the house. Where are the Brance's? Why aren't they opening the door? I turn around and HE is pinning me against the house. I can feel his breath on my face. 

   "You think you're so smart, little B*tch. Well, then you should probably know that no one is home. No one is here to save you," father tells me calmly as he gets impossibly bigger than me. I start crying harder and pray that he just kills me. Get it over with and finally kill me. I then hear the sound of a lock being undone behind me and could leap for joy. 

   "What the H*ll is going on here?!" I hear an unfamiliar, masculine voice boom behind me. I looks up at my father to see him gulp in fear and back away from the man, therefore backing away from me. I take a breath of relief and run into the house and hide behind the unfamiliar man. He looks at my father questioningly before closing the door in his face. 

   I run into Chance's room to hide, but the man follows closely behind me. I look at him and he seems almost surprised that I know my way around the house- kind of. I smile shyly at him and wave. I see something click in his mind and he smiles at me before snapping his fingers towards me and saying, "You must be Jessica Felow," I nod and he grins. "I've heard many amazing things about you from my sons," he smiles at me. 

   "You're sons? But I thought Mr.Brance died when the Tyler and Chance were younger?" I look at him funny and the man looks at me like I'm crazy as I back away from him. 

   I take the knife out from under Chance's pillow and hold it up out in front of me. "Who are you really?"  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192 29 37
**Complete!!!** Kat and Maggie have been best friends for years, feeling trapped in their small Wisconsin town. Kat is determined to escape her abusi...
26.4K 924 51
Alex Standall, alone most of his life, all responsibilities fall on him. His mother doesn't even take care of him. Alex is popular. He's got some...
816K 10.9K 22
I couldn't breath. He was so close to me. "Don't worry... She's not home..." He whispered in my ear. My heart raced. My legs were ready to tremble...
24.2K 678 23
Book 1 to Loving Series **** Julieta Jane Jasper also known as JJ is a girl filled with surprises and many secrets that no one knows. She is...