Plié and Clout

By rabideraser

Pro hockey and girls go together. He hates that. Stephan Sagamore doesn't quite know how he got here: standin... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: First Day Wolf
Chapter 2: Regina, Saskatchewan
Chapter 3: Monopoly
Chapter 4 - August, Teacher.
Chapter 5: Ballet Boy
Chapter 6: Soggy
Chapter 7: Accidents
Chapter 8: Steph-ahn
Chapter 9: What About Focusing On Hockey? Liar.
Chapter 10: My Tutor is the Leading Scorer for a Professional Ice Hockey Team.
Chapter 11: @s.sagamore.53 and His Sister Have the Moves Down, No Denying
Chapter 12: Square Wheel
Chapter 13: For Gramps
Chapter 14: That is the crappiest tree I've ever seen anyone draw.
Chapter 15: Tetanus
Chapter 16: Gun Duel
Chapter 17: Stars
Chapter 18: Knee
Chapter 19: Sweet
Chapter 20: Boyfriend
Chapter 21: Don't Tell Jilly
Chapter 22: Anything Incriminating?
Chapter 23: Apparently A Super Nice Guy
Chapter 24: (Parent?)-Teacher Conferences
Chapter 25: I Swear You're Not In Trouble
Chapter 26: He Also Snores... 101 Things You Should Know About Steph
Chapter 27: Mental Day
Chapter 28 - Hockey's Take on Ballet
Chapter 29: So You Totally F*cked Him
Chapter 29 Part 2: So You Totally F*cked Him (bonus)
Chapter 30: Puppy
Chapter 31: Blade Trouble
Chapter 32: Crime Size!
Chapter 33: Birthday Boy
Chapter 34: Bingo at a Bar Part 1
Chapter 35: Bingo at a Bar Part 2
Chapter 36: Sleep
Chapter 37: Not Ready Yet
Chapter 38: First Dinner
Chapter 39: Stay with Me
Chapter 40: Breathe
Chapter 41: 380
Chapter 42: The Meaning of Touch
Chapter 43: *Sagamore
Chapter 44: Your Problem, Not Mine
Chapter 45: Sagamore Support System Roulette
Chapter 46: Gaslighting
Chapter 47: Thanks, kinda.
Chapter 48: Rocket and Jilly
Chapter 49: Rocket and Gabby
Chapter 50: Gabby and August
Chapter 51: Jilly Has Plans
Chapter 52: Come on Eileen
Chapter 53: That's Paxy, Baby
Chapter 54: That's Not Paxy, Baby
Chapter 55: Showering, Please
Chapter 56: Granola Bar
NOTICE
Chapter 58: Stadium Series Jersey
Chapter 60: Welcome Back
Chapter 61: Regina General Hospital and Gregor Paikkala
Chapter 62: When I Hang Up My Skates
Chapter 63: USNTDP and the OHL
Chapter 64: London
Chapter 66: Long Story
Sasquatch to the Moon: Prologue
Epilogue: 1
Epilogue: 2
Epilogue 3
Epilogue: 4
Epilogue: 5
Epilogue 6
Epilogue 7
Deleted Scenes: Stomach Bug (1/2)
Deleted Scenes: Stomach Bug (2/2)

Chapter 59: Hockey Never Sleeps

13.7K 300 21
By rabideraser

you know, I love living in the united states (no the fuck i don't) my point is, we've completely eliminated the need for a second wave of covid!!!!! By keeping the first one going!!! anyway, my neighboring school district literally just cancelled school in the fall until further notice because these bitches are too stupid to put on a goddamn mask, like shut up karen and wear it, it'll cover up those nasty ass thin lips of yours anyway. it might make you more attractive, if that's possible. But fr, i cannot handle more online school. 

also did this mf get hacked???? like okay what are they gonna do with my boring ass info in the first place and in the second place what do I do to get them to stop. 

(hello and welcome to my wattpad account, hackers, I like hockey, cussing and steph sagamore)

-rabid

***

STEPH

She's gone when I wake up. That's about the only thing I register for the first fifteen seconds of being conscious. I roll over and swipe my arm across the sheets on one side, then the other, then move my legs around, hunting for her warmth. My only instinct is to cuddle back up into her and fall back asleep again.

But she's not here. At first my brain goes into a panic, wondering if what I remember from last night is even real, or if I just dreamt it up. But that's solved when I see out her bedroom window to the little alleyway visible from her room. I'm definitely here.

Then I start to worry that she's un-forgiven me. That I'm about to walk into the kitchen and see her sitting down with a mug of tea, ready to tell me to get the hell out.

I want to go back to sleep and hope she's back in bed with me when I wake up again, but it's light out and if she's out of bed, I've overstayed my welcome here.

So I sling my legs over the side and look for my hoodie that I dropped on the floor last night before gladly crawling into bed with her and crashing harder than ever.

I try to stand up, the sweatshirt is on the other side of the bed if I remember correctly, but my knee gives again, causing me to fall right back down again.

So it's going to be fussy today then, huh.

God, and I'm sore. I don't want to go to practice today, I don't at all.

But I have to, for the team. So I hold my kneecap and stand up, going lightly on that leg, hobbling to the other side of the room and putting on pants. Hopefully Jorgen won't notice, the second I get my blood pressure up enough the blood in the area will swell it back up enough so it doesn't hurt.

I pull the hoodie down over my chest , trying to ignore how my arms kinda feel like jello. 

Then, after hyping myself up a little bit, I push open the door and walk down the hall toward the kitchen.

Ah.

Oh.

Fuck me.

"Morning, Steph," she chirps at me from her position at the stove, cooking something that smells very similar to eggs.

I can't keep my eyes off her.

"Am I dead?" I croak.

Her sleeves are rolled up so they don't get in the way of the pan... Her legs are bare... Her hair is up in her usual morning style...

And that's definitely my name on her back.

"No?" She laughs, turning around to me, raising her eyebrows. "Why? Are you feeling alright?"

"Yep." I pop the 'p' then take one sloppy I-forgot-about-my-knee step toward her, setting my fingers on the thick material of my jersey and leaning in, locking my lips with hers in a moment of utter disbelief. The only way I thought this would happen is if I dreamt it up or died and went to heaven.

Her hands are on my chest and when I pull back, she asks a question. "You sure you're feeling alright?"

I just nod, brushing my lips on hers again, holding her chin in my fingers. I take a step forward, leaning her gently on the counter. My nose is on her cheek as my mouth parts slightly, pulling on her upper lip. My nerves light up as her fingertips trail softly around my ears and down by my jaw, a nail of hers running through the very edge of my hair behind my ear before leaving a tingling line under my earlobe and up into the scratch in front of my ear. 

A soft fluttering feeling creeps into my stomach and up into the cavity of my chest, then all the way into my head. It feels like tipping my head back at the beach in Maine, one of my early morning runs when I was a kid. A rush of cool sea air, pushing my hair back from my eyes, the morning sun hitting my skin and soaking in. That's what kissing her feels like right now. 

"I'm going to burn the eggs." She smiles against my lips and pulls back just a little, coming down off her tiptoes. 

"Mmm," I put my hands on her hips and spin her around, back toward the skillet.

I'm in literal heaven. She remembered that I like scrambled eggs in the morning, she put on my jersey, she smells so good, and my body fits just perfectly around hers so that I can set my head on her shoulder and watch her cook. "August?"

"Stephan?"

"I know it's a little early to say this again, considering we're hot off a really big relationship-altering life-changing fight, but I'm so in love with you." I put a little kiss on her exposed neck and then set my head back there.

She just smiles, turning her head to the side to kiss on the tip of my nose. "It's because I'm making you food, isn't it."

"Part of it." I give her waist a little squeeze from the position I'm in.

"And that I'm not wearing pants?"

"Mmmm," I hum in response, slipping my fingers up the side of my own jersey and finding that she is, in fact, only in underwear. My hand stays on her stomach, running my fingers gently over the soft skin there. She doesn't squirm away from me touching her stomach like normal, instead, she lets me put my hand there without a second thought. 

"And that I tucked you back in again when I woke up?"

"Mhmm."

"And that I put your jersey back on again?"

"There it is." I nip her earlobe and it makes her giggle.

"You like me in your jersey, huh?"

"Uh-huh." I hug her a little tighter as she scoops the eggs out onto two plates. "I wasn't supposed to keep that jersey, but I wanted you to have it when we figured it out. Jilly's good at guessing things."

"It's a really pretty jersey," August mumbles. "I like it."

"Me too," I can't stop another little kiss on the nape of her neck. "I want to take you to dinner tomorrow night, if that's okay? We can talk this whole thing over and try to figure out where from here, yeah?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." August turns to the side and gives me another kiss, her honey sweet lips resting on mine for a couple of seconds. I sway us back and forth for a second, enjoying goddamn everything about this absolutely perfect morning.

It takes a turn for the worse, of course. August lets out a shriek, breaking off my kiss to yelp and get a little behind me.

My adrenaline jumps and I whip around to where she's staring.

"You fucking creep!" I pant, bending over to put my hands on my knees to get my heart rate back down again. "Rocket, one of these days I will actually kill you. How long have you been sitting there? How the hell did you even get in?"

He shrugs from the kitchen table across the room, his feet propped up on the chair next to him, not sitting like a normal person, per usual. "Uh, well, the door was unlocked and nobody responded to my knock so I came in."

August is still holding tight to my arm, her fingers knit into mine, her other hand on my inner elbow.

"Well." Rocket pats his knees then stands up. "That was adorable, congratulations on figuring it out, but we're late as of five minutes ago."

I look up at the clock. 12:35. "Oh, oh shit." I panic. "Uh, do- I have to go back to the apartment for my clothes, oh my god." My head goes into uh-oh mode and I start to think about times, how fast can I get home and then up to Bauer.

Rocket throws me my practice bag. "Get changed quick and sorry, Aug, I know you probably wanted him all to yourself but duty calls."

She seems to have her breathing back under control. "It's Saturday?"

"Hockey never sleeps, I'm sorry." I kiss her forehead, then, unfortunately, due to my knee, limp my sorry ass toward the bathroom, wary of how much weight I can put on that leg. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

396K 15.6K 73
*Book One in the Every Other Memory Series* Elle Montgomery is a model daughter, student, sister, and friend with everything ahead of her. Her ambiti...
148K 7.8K 54
NOTE: I REVISED BEFORE YOU GO, SO THERE WILL BE SOME MISINFORMATION IN THIS ONE REGARDING LEON & ELIZA'S RELATIONSHIP. I WILL FIX IT SOON, THOUGH! *...
724K 9K 25
Alina Bardot is a very talented figure skater. But her coach is having problems with her speed and hires a hockey player to teach her to be faster. ...
61K 1.5K 42
Brennen Bartels was close friends with the captain of his college hockey team, Garrett Gray. He loved Garrett, he was always there for Brennen, but n...