The Alpha of Alphas

By MusicalMe16

She was very beautiful. I dream about her every night. At first the dreams were short and fuzzy. I didn't und... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
A/N: Explanation
Chapter 3
A/N: Statement
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 5

107 9 2
By MusicalMe16

(Hayden's POV)

"W-, how? You?" My mind couldn't process what my eyes were seeing and I had lost the ability to speak.

"There's a lot to explain," Casey began. "Ryder could you leave us alone for a bit? Please?"

"No." Ryder and Casey turned to face me. "Whatever you have to say you can say with him here. I'm not sure I can trust you at this point."

"I saved your life so I'm pretty sure you can trust me." she said crossing her arms. I stared at her.

"Fine... Long story short, I'm your cousin." Again I stared but then surprised everyone by laughing.

"Oh no no no you can't possibly be my cousin. Besides a psychotic father I have no other living relatives. Otherwise I would never have had to live with that awful foster family."

Casey gave me a sympathetic look that was also filled with shame.

"You're serious?" I asked disbelieving. She shook her head yes.

"Hayden you have blood relatives. Shouldn't you be happy?" Casey asked cautiously. I looked down at the ground.

"I don't know. You tell me Casey. You have been my neighbor all this time- no you have been my cousin all this time! And you have said nothing till now?!"

"We weren't supposed to interfere."

"Interfere! That's exactly what you should have done!" I screamed standing up. "I have been teased, mistreated, not had a single person love me my entire life and you just stood by and watched?!"

"Hayden you have to understand-"

"No you understand! Why would I want anything to do with you now after what I've just learned!"

"I tried becoming your friend..."

"I'm an insecure person who's never had a real friendship her entire life and you thought it was going to be that easy and that all you would do is try to become a friend!"

"I stopped you from committing suicide!" Casey yelled.

"You tried what?!" Ryder said shocked looking at me.

"Yes I tried," I said responding to him. "And that would never have happened, Casey, had my so-called cousin and her family taken me in! If you cared about me like you're saying you do, that's what you would have done!"

"Hayden I-"

"Will leave me alone!" I said storming out of the room. I heard some footsteps behind me not a second later.

You've got to be kidding me.

I broke into a run and rushed down the stairs but Casey was still hot on my trail. I yanked open the back doors and ran outside. The tree line was right there. I could just slip into the forest and wait her out.

No. This was my new home and if anyone was going to leave, it was her. I stopped and spun around.

"Just stop! Leave me alone! I want nothing to do with you!" My blood was boiling, my heart was racing, my hands clenched into fists, I had never felt such strong emotions so far. Hurt, betrayal, confusion, anger, sadness. Casey looked at me with new alarm. Ryder tore through the door and his expression mimicked Casey's.

"Hayden, I need you to control your emotions, now." Casey warned.

I was fuming. I could feel the heat radiating off my body. I felt like I could explode. Something was going on inside me and it was burning like a fire.

"If you won't listen to her, listen to me. You need to calm down." Ryder said raising his hands.

Soon that fire was no longer just a comparison. It was a strong pain that started in my stomach before it spread to every single bone in my body. I screamed and doubled over in pain.

"HAYDEN!" Ryder screamed running forward before Casey pushed him back.

I fell to my knees still screaming before placing my head on the ground and slowly crumpling down into a ball on the ground. More people rushed out and watched but no one came to my aid. Some more people helped Casey hold Ryder back. Sounds around me became muffled.

Why are they just standing there? Why is nobody helping me?

I clenched my teeth and waited for it to be over. Soon I could no longer hear and the world went black for a second as all of the pain subsided. I slowly opened my eyes and took deep breaths. I could hear again but the sounds were muffled and my vision was blurry. Before my eyes shut again I swore I saw paws where my hands should have been.

***

"She's waking up."

"Everybody leave the room."

My eyes fluttered open and I saw Ryder's mom hovering over me.

"Hey sweetie. I need you to stay calm okay? Just focus on me."

My vision cleared and I stared at Abby. I tried to speak but instead of words a low whine came out of my mouth. Wait, they came from a snout. I got up on the bed on all fours, and caught a glimpse of a wolf in the mirror. When I backed up, so did the wolf.

Hayden! It's me, Jasmine. I'm sorry I couldn't help you with your transformation. You had to do that all on your own. Although the mix of strong emotions you had made it more difficult because it rushed your wolf side to come out instead of on its own naturally.

What? Tranformation? Wolf? What are you talking about? Help me! How do I change back?!

I shut her out as I hopped off the bed and stumbled a bit not used to having four furry legs. I frantically ran about the room tripping and falling in panic as I whined and howled.

"Hayden! Stop and look at me!" I stared at Abby. She slowly picked up a blanket off my bed and draped it over me.

"Now, sit down and calm down." I did as instructed. "There is no need to be scared. We told you you were a werewolf and that was your first transformation. The rest won't be painful at all. The transformations, or transes, will only feel a bit strange and awkward at first until you get used to them. Now to trans back into your human self you just need to picture yourself as a human. The more of your features you see, the quicker the trans. Go ahead."

Still scared I envisioned my brown wavy hair, my green eyes, my body's shape, my jawline, anything I could think of. Soon I could feel the rug underneath me with my hands. I opened my eyes and looked at my human body which, happened to be naked. I pulled the blanket tighter around myself as Abby helped me up.

"There you go. Good job. I'll get you some clothes and answer any questions you may have."

May have? I definitley will have questions. Fully clothed, I sat down with Abby to talk.

"So, I really am a werewolf."

"Yes. And a very powerful one at that. When you transed you still had your clothes on so as your body changed its shape the clothes tore off. Before every trans we take off our clothes so as not to tear them and leave them in a spot we can return to and change back in private."

"How come nobody helped me during my trans?" I wondered looking up at her.

"It's a process one must go through alone. And contact during the first trans can cause your wolf to lash out or put itself into a sort of coma. It all depends. It's a very delicate process."

"It hurt a lot."

"Not to worry. The rest will be pain free."

We turned our heads as we heard a knock on the door.

"Can I come in?" asked Ryder as he poked his head in the room. I nodded. "Your wolf was gorgeous."

"Thanks I guess. I didn't get a good look at myself before freaking out," I laughed.

"You have a grayish white coat with black around your ears and the top of your head. It's also blended into some other areas of your body as well."

"Wow. That's pretty cool."

"I can't wait to take you out on runs with the pack! Once you get comfortable with your wolf body of course."

"Yeah. I think I'd like that."

"Well!" Abby spoke up. "I think I'm going to go now. Honey you should probably get some rest too."

"I am feeling slightly tired." I squealed as I was lifted with ease off the ground by Ryder.

"Let me take you to your chambers my lady," Ryder said in a British accent.

"Oh yes please I'm dreadfully worn out. Onward Hemsworth!" I replied with an accent as well.

"Hemsworth? Really?" Ryder gave me a questioning look.

"Well, it sounded like a name some British server guy would have." Ryder threw his head back and laughed.

"Good thing you're cute."

"You just gave my feelings an owie." I said as I started laughing.

***
"Well hello beautiful. Have a nice nap?"

I looked up at Ryder and started smiling wide.

"What is it?" Ryder asked propping himself up on one elbow.

"Nobody's ever called me that before."

"Well, everybody you've met must have been blind. You're perfect." He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. I gasped.

"I'm sorry! Was that too much too fast? We'll take it as slow as you like," Ryder rushed out.

"Um, no I think I'm okay with that."

"Really?"

"Yep. But just that."

"No problem." Ryder said smiling, but it seemed a little pained to me.

Um, YES problem. When are you going to warm up to him?!

Okay Jasmine he is a complete stranger still. We've barely known him a couple days.

Even though it kills me to do so, fine. I will control my love for him.

Love?!

Don't you love him yet?

I, uh, well, I'm not sure.

"Talking with your wolf?"

"How did you know?"

"You zoned out and were staring blankly into space," he said smiling. "It's normal. You'll be able to multitask and do stuff while talking to your wolf without looking like a zombie."

"Hey! Wait, those aren't real too are they?"

"You're joking right? Zombies are the only things that can kill us or any other supernatural creature and I can't believe," he paused as he stared at my horror stricken face, "that you just fell for that!" He said as he burst into laughter.

"Ugh! You suck big time!" I said giving him a playful punch in the arm. He stopped laughing immediately and put his hand over where I hit him.

"Oh my gosh! Did I hurt you? It wasn't on purpose I-"

"No I'm fine it doesn't hurt at all," he said walking up to go check on it in the mirror. As he did I caught a glimpse of an already forming bruise.

What the heck? How is that possible? His parents told me werewolves don't get hurt easily and heal super fast.

"Well you should probably get up. Are you hungry?"

"Starving."

"No problem. I'll go to the kitchen and whip up something real quick. I have some juice and water in my mini fridge if you're thirsty. There's a cup over there."

"Okay. Thanks!" As Ryder left the room I grabbed a juice from the fridge and set it down by the cup. Turning around I heard a crash.

"Shoot. Knocked over the cup." I bent down to start cleaning up my mess when I cut myself.

"Ah!" I looked down at my bleeding finger and nursed the wound before I got up to search for bandages.

"I didn't know I had so much blood in my fingers," I said after a couple minutes of searching with no bandages to be found.

"Where are they?" I said spinning around in frustration with my hands in the air and blew everything off Ryder's desk.

I looked down at my hands in shock. I hadn't even touched the desk. The AC wasn't on and windows weren't open. What just happened? I reached for the juice and that went flying off the coffee table as well. I gasped and backed away from the table.

"Hey Hayden I'm ba- what happened to my desk?" Ryder asked confused.

"Oh um. I just slipped and fell into the desk tilting it sideways causing everything to fall off. I guess I've always been kinda clumsy," I played it off.

"Eh, no worries. We'll clean it up in a jiffy." Ryder said going towards the mess.

What is happening to me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guess who's back! I cannot tell you guys how good it felt to be able to start writing again. I can't promise when the next update is going to be because I've got summer homework. Oh joy.

So.... what do you think is happening to Hayden??? Oooooo....

I missed you guys! Make sure to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5 0 23
"I don't know I mean look nothing is shown she does this everyday. " I look at the women and tilt my head "she's not a which but saying that she not...
470 53 56
Mask on... No identity. "Who are you?" I asked after the enchanting dance we just had. "You'll never know" he said. It was a party where everyone wa...
1.8K 368 27
[[Book: 01.]] All Dawn Flores ever wanted was friend's and nobody didn't notice her,they didn't want to be friend's with her,and that she was invisib...
125K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...