This Could End

By kissmyredlips

The S #4 Kaia Persephone Ziegler is an actress, not just by profession but also in real life. After all, she... More

Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter Twelve

24.6K 1.1K 289
By kissmyredlips

Nag-aya si Hades pabalik ng hotel. He said he was still exhausted from the flight kahit na kakapahinga niya lang.

It turns out he is staying in the same hotel. Kanina pang umaga pala ito nakarating pero dahil sa pagod sa byahe ay natulog na muna. He said he knew I was still working anyway. Tinanong ko siya kung paano niya nalaman, he just answered with: I'm Hadeon Davis Serrano. As if that's the answer to everything.

Sumama na ako sa kanya pabalik. He went to Thailand for me, kaya parang pakiramdam ko ay responsibilidad ko na samahan siya. I'm done with socializing anyway and I still have questions for him.

We took a taxi to the hotel. Hades just told our destination to the driver and then leaned back on the seat with his eyes closed. Hindi ko alam kung nagpapanggap lang siya na pagod o ano.

"Seriously, Hades, what are you doing here in Thailand?"

"I missed you," he simply replied, his eyes remained closed. Walang kahit ano man lang reaksyon sa mukha niya. Niloloko ako nito.

Sumimangot ako. "Seryoso kasi."

Mahinang humalakhak si Hades at iminulat na ang mga mata para tumingin sa akin. "Na-miss nga kita. Bakit ayaw mong maniwala?"

I felt a slight pinch in my chest and a weird feeling in my stomach. What the hell?

I mentally shook my head. Mukhang wala siyang plano sagutin nang maayos ang tanong ko.

"Where's your family?" I changed the question.

He closed his eyes again. "Still in France. They won't be home until the third week of July."

"Your parents allowed you to come here alone?"

"Uh-hm. They're not strict."

"Lucky you," I mumbled and looked at the window outside.

It must be nice to have a parent who'll support whatever you'll do and not manipulate you to do what they want.

Matagal na hindi nagsalita si Hadeon kaya bumalik ang tingin ko sa kanya. His eyes were open again and he was already watching me.

"Do your parents support your chosen career?" he casually asked.

I snorted. "My father only supports what's best for him and my mother supports him—so there."

"The reason why you're with that guy because it's what your father wants," he started. "Which means it's true that your relationship with him is motivated by politics."

I feigned a laughter. "Which gossip site did you read that from? And what else did you read about me?"

He grimaced. "Your cheating issue with that Rowan boy."

"I've never cheated before. Not even once."

Hades licked his lips. Seryosong-seryoso ang mukha niya habang nakatitig sa akin. "Is it really cheating if your relationship is just for show?"

"But they don't know that. If I get involved with anyone, they will only see it as cheating and nothing else. The entire country will brand me as a cheater."

"Who cares about what other people think? We both know the truth," he sharply answered.

My forehead creased at his harsh tone. He seemed really riled up by our topic. His reaction gradually made me smile. It feels so nice to have someone strongly defending my honor.

"What?" Hades asked when I just stared at him and didn't say anything. "Why are you smiling like that?"

Mas lalo akong napangiti. Umiling ako. "I'm just glad that you're my friend."

His lips parted at my remark. He looked so taken aback by what I said. Then he laughed. "Friend."

We separated when we reached the vicinity of the hotel. Wala pa sa tapat ng hotel ay pinauna ko siyang bumaba. I wouldn't want to be caught going out of a taxi with someone. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Pagkadating sa kanya-kanyang hotel room ay natulog din kami agad. I told him about my plans tomorrow. I booked a tour to places that I've never been to and that I'm sure the crew won't be at.

He wanted to come. Though he whined a bit that the call time is too early. Ang sagot ko lang ay hindi ko naman siya pinipilit sumama. He still ended up agreeing to the call time.

I just wore a simple Cherry wrap dress and white sneakers since we'll be trekking. I thought I can finally be out in public without going incognito but it was better to be safe than sorry. I wore a floppy straw hat and a face mask.

Hades' outfit is a simple white buttoned up shirt with the sleeves folded to his elbow and brown cargo shorts paired with Vans casual shoes. It was so effortless and yet he stands out. He looks really sleepy though. Medyo nakakaawa.

The first stop is the waterfall. Walang masyadong tao, as expected. It was a weekday and this tourist spot isn't as crowded compared to the city. I didn't bother with the mask anymore. Parang kami nga lang ang nandito.

Wearing my white rubber shoes was a smart decision since we'll be trekking in the forest for two kilometers to get to the waterfall. The tour guide explained and Hadeon looked peeved.

"Kore, I just came from an eleven hour flight yesterday and you're making me walk for two kilometers," Hadeon complained as we began walking the trail.

I frowned. "Sino ba nagpumilit na sumama?"

"I didn't know that we'd be trekking." He pouted.

"Ayaw mo? Maiwan ka sa sasakyan." Umirap ako at tumuloy lang sa paglakad.

Tumawa siya at hinabol ako. "How cold. Hindi mo man lang ako lalambingin para sumama?"

"Bakit kita lalambingin? Baby ka ba?"

"Baby mo," halakhak niya.

Napailing na lang ako sa kalokohan niya at tumuloy sa pagtingin sa paligid. Everything was brown and green and we passed by on a couple of shallow streams.

It's not my first time to trek. This actually reminds me of the falls that I visited in Ilocos before. Yun nga lang ay tingin ko mas malayo 'yon dahil sumakay pa kami ng kalabaw bago lumakas nang napakahaba.

Nature is amazing. If I didn't see enough horror films involving a lone cabin, I'd love to live in a cabin in the middle of the forest, too.

My face brightened when I saw the marker indicating that we're halfway there. Lumingon ako kay Hadeon.

"Look! We're almost there!" I chimed. My eyes caught his phone that was raised in my direction. Nawala ang ngiti ko. "Are you taking my photo?"

"Video." He unapologetically raised the phone and positioned it to capture me better.

"Don't upload it," I reminded him.

He rolled his eyes and walked closer to me. "I'm not stupid, Kore."

Mapang-asar na ngumiti ako. "Really? Hindi halata."

He squinted his eyes at me.

After the first destination, we went to Theppanom Springs. It's another less popular destination. Unlike the Tat Mek Waterfall where we were alone, there were a few number of people in here. I had to wear my face mask to be safe.

It was a peaceful place for a short walk. The highlight of this spring is basically to boil your own egg. The hotspring is too hot so it's impossible to take a dip. May mga mineral tub naman but I'm not interested in that. Masyadong hassle.

We walked around. Hadeon took my photos and videos. May parte na walang tao kaya nagawa kong tanggalin ang mask at magpakuha ng picture sa kanya. He surprisingly takes good photos.

After that destination, we ate lunch before heading to the village. Lakad, sightseeing, at picture taking lang ang ginawa namin doon. The guide explained the culture in the Long Neck Hill Tribe.

I bought some scarves and jewelries for me and my mother. Bumili na rin ako ng souvenirs para sa team ko.

"Wanna buy pasalubong for your family? I'll pay," I offered.

Hades didn't answer and just stared at me for a while. I raised a brow and leaned my head to the right. He bit his lip and shook his head as if he's erasing something in his mind.

"I have cash, Kore. Hassle lang mag-isip kung anong bibilhin sa kanila," he said.

Umirap ako. So lazy. "I'll choose then."

That's the end of our tour. It was past dinner when we returned to the hotel. To be safe again, I had him drop off in a walking distance from the hotel. Ako lang ang bumaba sa mismong lobby. Pagod kami pareho nang makabalik sa kanyang rooms. Nagpahinga lang ako saglit bago naligo. Pagkahiga sa kama ay nakatulog din agad ako.

Hadeon took the same flight as me at business class din. We even saw each other during boarding. He stared at me the whole time and he wasn't hiding it. Meanwhile, I kept my straight face on and avoided looking at his way.

The seat beside me was originally vacant. I always request to be separated from the group, claiming that I want to rest but the truth is I just don't want to bother with pleasantries.

I was still relaxed when I saw Hades board the plane and was far away from me, but then he started to walk towards my direction. I began to lowkey panic. Halos hindi na ako huminga nang huminto siya sa gilid ko. His lifted eyebrows and slightly parted lips tell me that he's just as surprised as I am.

I looked at the aisle to check if anyone was looking at us. Wala namang nakatingin. Medyo malayo ang seats ng ibang cast at nasa bandang harapan kaya hindi nila ako nakikita.

My attention returned to Hades when he sat on the seat beside me. A small smile was occupying his lips. He cleared his throat and the smile disappeared.

I was tensed for an hour. I was nervous that someone will realize that we know each other and make an issue out of it. If it was someone else, I wouldn't be so bothered—but Hades' is just so... rumor bait. He's too hot not to be scandalized. I've been in the industry for so long that I know how their mind works.

Thankfully, no one suspected anything and he didn't do anything din naman that looks suspicious. Nakalma na ako dahil doon at nanuod na lang ng movie sa buong byahe.

"Do you have a bag in the overhead bin?" Hades asked in a low voice as the people started to stand up from their seats.

"No." I shook my head.

Nauna sa paglalakad si Hadeon at nakasunod naman ako. Isa lang naman ang paglalabasan namin kaya wala namang masama roon. Hanggang sa hintayan ng luggage ay magkasabay kami.

Emma and Darcy helped me with my things. Nang umalis na kami roon ay umalis na rin si Hadeon. Nakasunod lang sa amin. I could feel his strong magnetic presence behind me.

As soon as we reached outside, my eyes easily found Giovann dressed nicely with his colorful bouquet of flowers. My lips parted in shock. What the hell?

Darcy and Jai snickered. Nagpatuloy sila sa paglalakad palapit kay Gio kaya pati ako ay wala sa sariling napasama hanggang sa nagulat na lang ako na nasa harap ko na siya.

"Welcome back, Seph," he sweetly greeted and pulled me for a hug.

I was blinking profusely, still stunned. He softly laughed and kissed me on the cheek. My eyes caught a compelling movement at the right side and saw Hadeon passing by.

He didn't glance at my way. Giovann released me from the hug but my eyes never left Hades. He never spared me another glance as he entered a black SUV.

My attention returned to Gio. I subtly pushed him away. Nakuha niya naman 'yon at pinakawalan din ako agad. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you." He charmingly grinned.

"Kay Gio ka na sabay, Seph?" tanong ni Darcy.

How the hell can I say no to that?

It's just less than twenty minutes drive, Kaia. I'm sure you can restrain your horns and tail.

I nodded and they immediately brought my things towards Gio's car. Tumulong naman si Gio sa pagbukas ng trunk at pagpasok ng mga bagahe ko. I left them to it and settled on the passenger seat.

There's no hint of amusement on my face as I waited for Gio to enter the car. I just fucking hate being ambushed like this.

"Did my father put you up to this?" I started as soon as he entered the car. His grin instantly waned.

"No... Naisipan ko lang-"

"You shouldn't have," I cut him off: "Do I have to remind you again? Our relationship isn't real, Giovann."

"I know, Kaia," he weakly answered. "I just wanted to see you."

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. There's no point in talking anymore. Nasabi ko na sa kanya ang mga gusto kong sabihin.

Silence wrapped us. Gio started the car and drove off. Lalo pang nakakabingi ang katahimikan dahil sa kawalan ng music.

After a while, Gio cleared his throat. He must have mustered some courage. "A-Are you hungry? Gusto mo bang kumain muna?"

"No. I'm a bit tired from the flight, but thank you for asking," I politely answered.

Hindi na nagpumilit si Gio. Siguro ay takot na rin matanggihan ulit. Alam niya namang hindi niya ako mapipilit sa hindi ko gusto... unless he involves my father. Ibang usapan na 'yon.

He dropped me off in my unit. He offered helping me with my things. I politely declined again. May concierge naman sa building ko.

I was drinking water at my kitchen when my phone rang for a call. My forehead creased. It's been only five minutes since I reached home. Sino naman ang tatawag sa akin?

Una kong naisip ang manager ko na baka gusto lang akong kamustahin sa pagdating ko. Then I thought of my father... my mood turned sour.

I brought down the glass and picked up my phone. I saw Hades' name. My sour mood was replaced with surprise.

Why is he calling?

"Hello?" nagtatakang tanong ko.

"Are you home?"

"Uh. Yes? Five minutes ago."

"Is he with you?" his voice got deeper.

"He?"

"Your fiancé," he uttered the word as if it was offensive.

"No. He's not." My forehead creased. "Why are you asking?"

"I don't know," he said in exasperation. "I just..."

A thought passed through my mind. My hold tightened on the phone. "You just what?"

Narinig ko ang paghinga nang malalim ni Hades. "Nevermind, Kore."

It was my turn to take a sharp breath. Why do I have a feeling that I know what he was going to say?

Hindi na ako sumagot. Wala akong planong pilitin siyang ituloy ang sasabihin. It was a dangerous territory. I'd rather not go there. It's best to just do what I do best and play pretend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 54.3K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...
3.5M 138K 54
Veiled Diaries #2: Azcon-Zobel has always been one of the most influential families in Villa Terrazas but unlike the common image of powerful familie...
2.4K 130 58
BOOK 1 I never knew loving you is the best thing I could ever do. I hope, I will be able to find my way back to your heart.
5.6M 158K 53
WARNING (!) THIS STORY CONTAINS MANY GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, TYPOS AND LOOPHOLES. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE A PERFECTIONIST. YOU ARE BEING WARNED.