Ikemen Sengoku: Nobunaga Oda

By jjvngoo

Romances Across Time [Disclaimer] Not my work Transcriptions from CYBIRD: Ikemen Sengoku All Right and charac... More

Nobunaga | Shot Thru The Heart
Nobunaga | Hot Spring Vacation
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 + His POV
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 + His POV The Spark Of Love • Premium Bonus • Her Soft Toes
Chapter 5 + His POV
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 + His POV
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Dramatic Route Chapter 11
Dramatic Route Chapter 12
Dramatic Route Chapter 13
Dramatic Route Epilogue
Romantic Route Chapter 11&12
Romantic Route Chapter 13
Romantic Route Epilogue

Chapter 10

319 5 0
By jjvngoo

Mai: "I want you to live! Every moment you're alive means something good to me!"

Nobunaga: "Mai. You--" He looked at me with eyes so full of fiery passion they consumed the field around us. "We haven't had a game of Go, but I don't care." He didn't need to say anything. I knew what he wanted. It was what I had wanted for so long. He caught me in his arms, one hand supporting my back, one lifting my chin. "I'm taking these." His warm lips closed on mine. I fell back into his embrace as he hungrily claimed me.

...Wow. My mind was an explosion of fireworks. All I could do was kiss him back. My tongue sought his, and once it had, refuse to let it go. My body was so hot it was burning. I took my breath from him, returning it in heated moans that disappeared into his mouth. Then we pulled away from each other, our ragged sighs filling the space between us.

Mai: "Nobunaga, that was amazing. But why now?"

Nobunaga: "It's been a long time coming. I've always wanted to do that." The only complaint I have is that I wish you'd told me that sooner. "Right now, we have to finish with these enemies. But I'll tell you the reason tonight."

Mai: "I'll be waiting." With a bittersweet smile, Nobunaga traced the curve of my face with his finger. The passion that burned still in his eyes carried over to me, building a fire inside me. Nobunaga, if you only knew what my heart was doing right now--

Nobunaga: "Come. It's time to finish this." He gave me his hand to help me up. Right, the battle! We're still being hunted by the enemy.

Mai: "How are we going to finish this? Aren't things pretty dire right now?"

Nobunaga: "That will change when he arrives." Well, that was nice and vague. Just then, the ground shuddered with the thundering of horses' hooves as a cloud of dust came our way. "There's Mitsuhide."

Mai: "Your mysterious 'he' is Mitsuhide?!" I looked at the approaching army, speechless with shock. Mitsuhide was at the head of a large force of men, their flag bearing the Oda crest. I totally can't believe I called it!

Hideyoshi: "Lord Nobunaga!"

Mitsunari: "What's the meaning of this?"

Mai: "Hideyoshi! Mitsunari! You're both safe!" Leading a contingent of survivors, they gathered at Nobunaga's side. Hideyoshi had Cheruit with him too.

Nobunaga: "Mitsuhide put a lot of work into this show. I'll let him handle the rest." Nobunaga grinned. The arrival of a large group of Oda reinforcements caused the enemy to break formation.

Enemy Soldier 1: "I thought Mitsuhide had come to our side? What is this?!"

Enemy Soldier 2: "Where did such a large force come from?"

Mitsuhide: "My betrayal must surprise you, but there's no need for a commotion. These guns will be doing that soon enough. Take aim!" At Mitsuhide's signal, his horseback mounted riflemen aimed their matchlocks at the enemy. "Fire."

The first row of men fired, followed by the second. The battlefield was a thunderstorm of sound. I knew guns had a big impact in this period. Now I can see why! The enemy's ranks broke apart like tissue paper. The panicked men fled every which way--

In an instant, Nobunaga's forces took the initiative and drove off the rest of Uesugi's troops. I didn't think we could possibly turn that around, but we did. I stood next to Nobunaga, relief spreading through me.

There were still questions to be answered though. Such as why Mitsuhide arrived when he had. And what was behind his supposed betrayal. I also need to pin Nobunaga down so we can talk about that kiss. But for now, we're alive. Staring at the singed, trampled and bloody field, that though meant more than ever.
----------
Hideyoshi
: "Mitsuhide, I demand an explanation."

Mitsuhide: "That's some greeting Hideyoshi. Perhaps you should work on those manners you're always trying to teach me?"

Come on you two, kiss later. Though I was about to demand an explanation myself. We'd reorganized at our new headquarters. I stood with the assembled warlords of the Oda forces.

Mitsunari: "Your arrival saved us, Lord Mitsuhide, but I really must ask you what is going on."

Masamune: "Working behind the scenes again, weren't you?"

Ieyasu: "I want to know how you pulled an army out of your sleeve." Questions flew at him rapid-fire, but Mitsuhide just shrugged.

Mitsuhide: "One at a time, if you would. There's only one of me." The world should be thankful for that.

Mai: "Maybe you should just pick a question to answer instead of evading again."

Mitsuhide: "Call me surprised. Even Mai is scolding me." His teasing smile after everything that had happened was maddening.

Nobunaga: "Mai, quiet. Let him explain." Just me?! Oh you better have a really good reason for that kiss later, Nobunaga! Nobunaga looked around at everyone but said no more.

Hideyoshi: "Mitsuhide. Talk. What have you been doing?"

Mitsuhide: "Why, I've been in contact with Kenshin Uesugi, providing him information about our forces. All so that I could draw him out of Echigo and lure him here."

Hideyoshi: "What?"

Mai: "Why here?"

Mitsuhide: "Uesugi and Shingen had combined forces. If we struck at them deep within Echigo, they'd have the advantage. However, if we could get them to come all the way to us--"

Mitsunari: "You baited Kenshin, setting Nobunaga up as an easy target with only a small number of men."

Mitsuhide: "I'm glad someone here has some brains, Mitsunari."

Mitsunari: "Kenshin's battle lust is well known. You gave him exactly the fight he wanted in conditions too good to ignore. That way you could guarantee he would leave Kasugayama Castle and come here instead." That was sneaky!

Masamune: "Then why lie to us and tell us they were unprepared?"

Mitsuhide: "I needed the enemy to believe I was betraying you. Kenshin has a ninja who'd infiltrated deep into Azuchi Castle. He would have found out."

Masamune: "That makes sense to me." Kenshin's ninja. That's got to be Sasuke. This turned out to be one hell of a tangled web.

Mitsuhide: "If we came here in overwhelming numbers, Kenshin may have well retreated back to Echigo. After all, he'd much rather battle us in a place where he has the upper hand. Once everyone departed, I secretly assembled a force that would put us back at an advantage."

It was an impressively detailed plan.

Mai: "So, you really didn't betray us."

Mitsuhide: "I suppose I didn't." You could sound less suspicious about that. Still, I'm happy. I breathed a sigh of relief. That seemed to go for everyone else too.

Nobunaga: "You did well, Mitsuhide."

Mitsuhide: "Thank you, my lord."

Mai: "Nobunaga, did you know about his plan the entire time?"

Nobunaga: "Yes. He outlined it well, so I left the execution entirely in his hands." Now what Nobunaga said to me that night finally makes sense. I'm impressed he put himself in danger to see Mitsuhide's plan through though!

But after Mitsuhide explained it, there wasn't a one of us who could fault its brilliance. Only Hideyoshi, lips pursed tight, seemed to be holding something back.

Masamune: "You really pulled the wool over our eyes. That was some beautiful maneuvering."

Mitsunari: "I agree. A fitting strategy for a natural schemer like Mitsuhide."

Mitsuhide: "In truth, it wasn't good enough. I couldn't fool Kenshin completely."

Mai: "What do you mean?"

Mitsuhide: "He saw through my double-cross and sent out his troops alone without waiting here for our arrival. Even after spreading those rumors about myself to earn his trust, he wasn't taking any chances."

Mitsuhide's off-handed confession stunned us all. Then, Mitsuhide's been acting suspiciously on purpose?

Ieyasu: "The rumours you were plotting against Nobunaga came from you?"

Mitsuhide: "Yes. That was all me."

Mai: "I can't believe you did that."

Mitsuhide: "I let people believe I was influencing Kennyo, that I was involved in the assassination attempt at Honno-ji, and that I was in talks with the Uesugi clan. Although that one carried a grain of truth."

Mai: "Why did you go to all those lengths?"

Masamune: "To win Kenshin's trust by making it seem like he'd wanted to betray Nobunaga for some time." He might as well have ruined his own reputation, all for Nobunaga. "It was a good act! You had us fooled."

Mitsuhide: "If only it had worked the way I wanted it to. The Dragon of Echigo isn't an easy one to slay."

Hideyoshi: "...Why didn't you say anything?"

Mitsuhide: "If you're going to fool your enemies, start with your friends, or so they say." Hideyoshi gave him a stony glare. He stalked up to Mitsuhide--

And punched him right in his smirking smile. Ouch! Mitsuhide just looked back at Hideyoshi.

Hideyoshi: "Don't think you fooled everyone." Surprise briefly passed over Mitsuhide's eyes. "Ruining your reputation, shouldering the burden all on your own-- all that really ticks me off! It was a good plan. I'll admit that. But-- Never pull a stunt like this again." Hideyoshi spun around and stalked off. Hideyoshi.

Mitsuhide: "That was impressive." Mitsuhide touched his split lip with a bitter smile.

Nobunaga: "I've put you in a poor position, Mitsuhide."

Mitsuhide: "Not at all, my lord. It's what I chose."

Masamune: "Only Mitsuhide can rattle Hideyoshi the peace maker like that."

Ieyasu: "I don't see why two reasonable adults have to go to blows to solve their problems."

Mitsunari: "Lord Mitsuhide, we should treat your lip."

Mitsuhide: "It's a tiny split. Still, it's just like Hideyoshi to go easy on me after all that." Mitsuhide seems to be all right. But someone should check on Hideyoshi.

Mai: "I'll go see about Hideyoshi!" I ran off in the direction he'd gone.

----------
There he is.
He was feeding his horse, away from all the others.

Mai: "Are you all right, Hideyoshi?"

Hideyoshi: "Mai?" Hideyoshi stared at me. "Shouldn't you be asking that to the man I punched in the face?"

Mai: "I decided to ask the one who looked the most hurt." Hideyoshi's tense expression softened.

Hideyoshi: "Don't get too clever, now." Hideyoshi patted me gently on the head, though bitterness lingered in his expression. "Thanks for worrying about me."

Mai: "I'm just paying you back." Hideyoshi smiled, a fond twinkle in his eyes.

Hideyoshi: "If only I'd realized what an amazing woman you were sooner." What's with the compliment? I felt a quick rush of bashfulness.

Mai: "You should save the cheesy lines for that crowd of women always waiting at the gate for you."

Hideyoshi: "I can't. I really only mean it about you."

Mai: "Hideyoshi. That's really sweet, and I appreciate the thought, but--" I offered him a friendly smile, and he shook his head quickly, eyes darting away for a moment.

Hideyoshi: "It's all right. Forget I said anything. But speaking of, how's your problem going?"

Mai: "What?"

Hideyoshi: "You said you were having trouble deciding on your feelings about Lord Nobunaga."

Oh. Yeah. That feels like such a long time ago now.

*-*-*

Mai: "I'm in a similar situation. There's someone I want to believe, but I'm not sure I can."

Hideyoshi: "Oh yeah?"

Mai: "This guy, I know he's not bad, per se. I just don't know if he's serious, and what I want to do if he is."

*-*-*

My feelings for Nobunaga had changed quite a bit since then.

Mai: "I don't think he's perfect. I mean, I feel he could achieve his goal with less violent means. But I've found out that I do respect him, and appreciate him, and--"

Hideyoshi: "And?"

Mai: "And it makes me want to be with him. For as long as I can."

Hideyoshi: "Yeah. I kind of thought that's where you were going with that." Heh. This got pretty awkward. Hideyoshi's voice was a sighing murmur. "I get it. I mean, it's Lord Nobunaga. I'll watch from the sidelines and be happy for you both."

Mai: "Thanks, Hideyoshi. I appreciate that."

Hideyoshi: "It's nothing, really." You're a really sweet guy, Hideyoshi. I'm glad you're being so understanding. We exchanged smiles. I was happy to see one on his face again. In the middle of battle, I'd managed to find peace, and resolve to come to a decision--

The army reached a village affiliated with the Oda clan. And this time, we were able to rest without incident. We drove the Uesugi forces off today, but the battle isn't over. I'd gotten myself ready for bed, but I couldn't picture myself sleeping. I touched my lips, which Nobunaga had stolen in the heat of battle.

*-*-*

Nobunaga: "Right now, we have to finish with these enemies. But I'll tell you the reason tonight."

*-*-*

I hope he remembers! Just then, the door to my room slid open.

???: "Mai, I'm coming in." My heart leapt into my throat. Nobunaga entered my room.

Nobunaga: "I've come like I promised." Good timing! Excitement stole my words. I tracked Nobunaga with my eyes as he sat down in front of me. A raw heat was in his gaze as he reached out and touched my cheek. I was so impatient that even that touch caused me to shiver. "Tonight, I'm here for only one thing. To finish our game."

Excuse me? You meant to say "To take you now," right? Discouraged, I stared at him.

Mai: "I don't understand."

Nobunaga: "Our game of Go. I plan for tonight to be our last game. I've sent the innkeeper to prepare a goban. Don't turn me down tonight." I don't want to, but you're asking me for the wrong thing!

Mai: "Why are we playing Go tonight? I thought we were going to talk about that kiss."

Nobunaga: "That's what the game is for. So I can show you." What?

*-*-*

Nobunaga: "Right now, we have to finish with these enemies. But I'll tell you the reason tonight."

*-*-*

Does he think it's not official without a game?

Nobunaga: "In the beginning, I thought I would have you and be content with that. It seemed like fun to slowly seduce you, make you want me. But now-- Now, even if you were to give your body to me, it wouldn't be enough."

Mai: "What more do you want?"

Nobunaga: "I want you. Tonight, when I defeat you, you'll hand over everything to me. Heart, body, and soul."

Mai: "So, you're upping the ante." The way his voice rasped, the touch of sweet desperation in it, made me tremble. ...Does he really think we need the game for that?

His was heart thawing, freeing the feelings he'd long ago locked behind a wall of ice. But he was long out of practice, and that's why these clumsy words were the best he could do. What a helpless, brute of a man I've fallen in love with. It makes me love him all the more.

Mai: "There's no need for that. I surrender."

Nobunaga: "What?" I placed my hand over his, drawing it and its warmth to my cheek. Then I touched his, smiling.

Mai: "Everything you asked for, they're already yours."

Nobunaga: "Explain."

Mai: "It's simple. I'm in love with you. I love you, Nobunaga."

Nobunaga: "Mai--" Finally. "No. You've won."

Mai: "What?"

Nobunaga: "You've won and taken something of mine. You conquered my heart." Words I never expected to hear--

Arms wrapped around each other, we pulled close, and I felt Nobunaga catch me. A strong heartbeat thrummed against my chest. No, two. Mine and his.

Nobunaga: "I've never felt this way before." The arms that held me were surprisingly gentle. "For the sake of my ambition, I've taken hundreds of thousands of lives, and I will take countless more. I don't deserve to feel this warmth, or to have these feelings." I see it now. "But even knowing that-- I want to hold you. I want to touch you. I can't stop myself."

I think I finally get why he's so cold. Sadness lurked in Nobunaga's eyes, free from the chill of his normal look. It was the first time I had gotten through to him and really touched his heart.

Mai: "You don't have to look so sad about that. I'm not."

Nobunaga: "But I'm not sad. It's just the truth." Just like I thought. He can't see it in himself. Not just his kindness, but his pain.

I'd suspected something had happened to Nobunaga; something that had broken his heart. He couldn't express grief and pain the way others did. Somewhere along the line, he lost the ability to do so. No one could do what he's done, take the lives he has, and still shoulder that burden without breaking. Not unless he froze his heart. But even if you refuse to acknowledge sadness and regret, you still feel it somewhere--

I'd finally solved the puzzle of Nobunaga, and what I found in that picture was so sad it made me want to cry.

Nobunaga: "Mai?"

Mai: "I'm willing to give everything to you. No, I'm not just willing. I want to." I looked into his eyes. The fact that he was surprised was even sadder and even more lovable. I blinked my tears away and smiled. "You don't deserve this? Well, that's just not true. I don't know what the dead bodies to happiness ratio is, but even if one existed, it can screw off. I'm here with you, I'm full of warmth, and I'm making the choice to share it with you."

Nobunaga: "Mai--" His voice was all the sound I heard. We were in a world of our own just then.

If you're the devil, then so be it. I'll be the woman who's in love with the devil. I don't want a saint. I want you. Nobunaga smiled too, my reflection hovering in his eyes.

Nobunaga: "I've stumbled upon a truly amazing woman. I won't hold back anymore." Neither did I, and we kissed. His lips were sweet, passionate, and utterly necessary.

Mai: "Mmm--!" I opened my lips to his tongue, met it with mine, and nearly melted as he followed it inside.

His arms tightened around me with such strength, the opposite of how gently his tongue caressed mine. It's amazing. This feels so much better than anything we've ever done before. I pulled him backward with me onto the bed, kissing the whole way down. He brushed up the hem of my kimono, stroking my thigh with his hand. The rough texture of his calloused palm sent heat pooling low inside me.

I instinctively pulled away from the passionate touch, but he caught me by the rear, lightly nipping me with his teeth. Oh, yes!

Nobunaga: "There's no getting away. I intend to claim all of you tonight." Please do. I promise I won't surrender until you've conquered me completely.

Mai: "Take me." His fingers began to gently stimulate me in that most sensitive of places. "Ahh! Mn--"

Nobunaga: "It's been too long since I've heard you cry out. It's as lovely as ever."

I couldn't even mock his teasing tonight, not when he said it with such a tender smile. I have a feeling you'll soon hear cries you've never heard before! I curled my toes tight as my warm body welcomed his fingers inside me.

Mai: "N-n...ah!"

Nobunaga: "Is that a no?" More like, "no, don't stop there!"

I writhed, twisting and turning, leaving my kimono disheveled. Struggling to pull it off, I felt Nobunaga's hands help me, while his tongue eagerly kissed my now exposed breasts.

Mai: "Mmm...I can't--"

Nobunaga: "Are you sure you don't want me to stop?" You're choosing now to be the kind and friendly Nobunaga? Come on! "If not, then tell me what you want me to do."

He entwined his legs with mine, lightly nipping my lower lip. I never expected to find myself here. Even now, I can't quite believe it, or myself. But I'm happier than I ever imagined. I wrapped my arms around Nobunaga's neck, drawing him toward me. Then--

I whispered to him in a ragged voice. How much I wanted him. And everything I wanted him to do to me.

Nobunaga: "That might take until morning. Very well. I won't let you go." The heat of his body met mine. I pressed myself to him and let the pleasure penetrate me.

Please, don't let go. I don't want you to ever let go. I felt loved, physically and emotionally. Everything I felt for him, I expressed in countless rasping cries.

----------

Mai: "Mmm." I woke up, my body lax with pleasured exhaustion.

Nobunaga: "Are you awake? It's not even dawn yet."

Mai: "I see you're awake." After last night, I was SURE you'd be sleeping in. My body was still rosy in places from last night's fierce conquest. I buried my face against Nobunaga's chest, taking in a deep breath of his scent.

Nobunaga: "What is it?"

Mai: "You're warm right now."

Nobunaga: "If I am, it's because of you." I caught a glimpse of a peaceful smile on his lips as he held me close. Why am I so happy? It's like a dream.

*-*-*

Nobunaga: "For the sake of my ambition, I've taken hundreds of thousands of lives, and I will take countless more. I don't deserve to feel this warmth, or to have these feelings. But even knowing that-- I want to hold you. I want to touch you. I can't stop myself."

*-*-*

Nobunaga's soft-spoken words still tickled my ears. At the same time, they made my chest tighten. What drove Nobunaga to choose this path in the first place? Maybe now, he'll tell me.

Mai: "Nobunaga, I have a question."

Nobunaga: "Ask it."

Mai: "When did you first start thinking the way you do now? That you would accomplish your goal even at the cost of others' lives."

Nobunaga: "You ask the strangest questions." Nobunaga looked puzzled. He paused a moment, resting his chin in his hand. "It was just after my coming of age ceremony. That was when I swore to gain more power than anyone. I've never told anyone this before, there was no reason to, but-- The first time I killed a man, I was thirteen years old. He was an assassin sent by my brother." By his brother?!

Mai: "Your own brother tried to kill you? Why would he do that?"

Nobunaga: "It's not unusual in these times. You may have to kill your relatives if there's a succession dispute." That's really dark. "It's kill or be killed. You only have one choice if you want to live. Thus, there's no reason to hesitate. That's when I swore to gain enough power to put a stop to all the fighting." Living under that system convinced him he had to change it. Most thirteen-year-olds in my time can just be kids.

Mai: "That must have been painful for you."

Nobunaga: "Painful? I imagine you would think that. But, I-- I don't remember it very well. He was just a man at my bedside. I grabbed the sword by my pillow and my body responded. That's all."

Mai: "I see." I think he does remember it. And that's why he doesn't like to sleep alone. How frightened he must have been, how sad afterward. That must have been the moment that shattered him. Nobunaga continued speaking without emotion.

Nobunaga: "There's nothing more troublesome than relatives. My brother continued to plot against me. He didn't stop, not until I put an end to him."

Mai: "You had to kill your brother?" His eyes were clear, and it was obvious he didn't feel regret over the act. That itself was sad. "Didn't anyone try to stop him?"

Nobunaga: "There wasn't anyone who could. My father, who could have settled the dispute, died early on." It sounds like one disaster after another. "Everyone who came to my father's funeral was hungry to claim the clan's power for themselves. They were all shocked when I interrupted the funeral to throw the incense pot at my father's memorial."

Mai: "That sounds daring of you. Why exactly did you do that?"

Nobunaga: "They thought I was a fool. But it was a declaration of war. I was telling them that even without my father -- I would survive all of them and see my ambition through. That's why I did it." Yikes. Even funerals are serious business in the Sengoku.

But I didn't think there was anything wrong with what he'd done, extreme as it must have been. No, I was disappointed that this period forced him to take such desperate measures.

Mai: "Nobunaga."

Nobunaga: "What is it?" I sat up in bed and kissed him on the cheek. I looked up into his eyes, my mind decided.

Mai: "I'm not going back to the future. I'm staying."

Nobunaga: "What?"

I kissed him. Nose still touching his cheek, I gazed into his eyes. You said you wanted me, and I want you. I want you to feel warm and loved. I don't expect you to change the way you live, and I don't even want that. There's a bit of a trade-off for me, leaving the future behind, but I know I'll manage. After all, guys like you don't come around every 500 years. So-- I wrapped my arms around him and whispered into his ear.

Mai: "Is that offer of ruling the world at your side still on the table?"

Nobunaga: "Mai-- What a foolish question."

Mai: "Whoa--" Nobunaga picked me up by the waist and placed me on top of him. Caressing my chin, he smiled.

Nobunaga: "Don't you remember last night? I asked you to give yourself to me, heart body, and soul. I won't let you leave my side." Nobunaga-- He traced my lip with his thumb, and the heat that had started to cool inside me picked up once more. Heart racing, I nodded.

Mai: "Then it's settled! I'm not going anywhere."

Nobunaga: "A fine answer. I commend you." Nobunaga slipped his hand around the nape of my neck. His still warm touch sent a thrill through me. Our breaths mingled together for just a second before he swept me into a fierce kiss.

Mai: "Mm--" I couldn't open my lips fast enough, our tongues were already mingling together. "Mmm! Hah... Ah--" Oh, just listen to me! I blushed at how desperate my breathy sighs and gasps sounded. After an intensely greedy kiss, my body was still electrified to the core. "Give me a chance to respond too, will you?"

Nobunaga: "What's the problem? You obviously liked it." You think you're so smart just because you're right!

Mai: "You know, I've been wanting a kiss like that from you for a long time."

Nobunaga: "I could tell." Is Mitsuhide's psychic power rubbing off on him? Nobunaga touched my lips, where just a trace of his kiss remained. I guess you can't win against the devil. I smiled, happy to be teased.

Mai: "Fine. As long as you're that good at figuring out what I want, I'll let you."

Nobunaga: "I would do that anyway. That's why-- You should make me your boyfriend, Mai."

Mai: "Um, what did you just say?"

"Boyfriend!" He remembered!

*-*-*

Mai: "If I had a husband, you and I would be very different! But no, I'm not married. I don't have a boyfriend right now either."

Nobunaga: "A boyfriend? What is that?"

Mai: "I forgot that word is pretty modern. It means a man that you're in a romantic relationship with."

Nobunaga: "I see. So, you don't have a boyfriend."

*-*-*

Mai: "Oh gosh, I can't believe you remembered that!"

Nobunaga: "Enough laughing. Just give me your answer. Will you make me your boyfriend or not?"

Mai: "All right. Nobunaga Oda, I appoint you as my Boyfriend."

Nobunaga: "Good."

Seeing that satisfied smile on Nobunaga's face wiped away the last of my sadness. I'm confident in my decision to stay. Nobunaga will continue on his path to unification, and I'll be there with him-- We'll achieve our dreams, smiling and laughing at each other's side.

The light of morning pouring in through the screen got steadily brighter. I laid down against Nobunaga's chest, getting just a little bit more sleep at his side.

----------

Before long, elsewhere--

At the garrison castle, Kenshin was finishing his preparations to take the field.

Kenshin: "So I was right about Mitsuhide. He was working for Oda after all."

Sasuke: "It's just like you predicted. And with his reinforcements, the Oda forces outnumber our own."

Kenshin: "That man really was a kitsune."

Sasuke: "I expect the Oda forces will set out by noon."

Kenshin: "That's fine. I finally have an excuse to join the fight."

Sasuke: "Please don't throw yourself into the thick of it again. You know how we all worry for you."

Kenshin: "Don't scold me, Sasuke. Not after I was forced to stay put during yesterday's battle. It's finally my turn."

Shingen: "Kenshin, war isn't a game." The two men were quieted by a sudden interruption. Shingen Takeda had entered unnoticed while they were talking.

Kenshin: "There you are, Shingen. You look ready."

Shingen: "Yeah, I'll be fighting too after all. And you'd better not slow me down. I owe Nobunaga for the loss he gave me."

Kenshin: "Slow you down? Speak for yourself. Once I put down Nobunaga, I'll be coming for you. We still need to settle things."

Shingen: "I welcome it. I just hope you're ready to lose."

Yukimura: "All right. Stop. You two remember we're fighting Nobunaga, not each other?"

Shingen & Kenshin: "Yukimura--" Shingen's most loyal vassal, Yukimura, appeared, clad in crimson armour.

Sasuke: "Yukimura, are the troops ready?"

Yukimura: "Yeah. We're ready at any time. I'll put a stop to Nobunaga. For Lord Shingen, and for myself."

Shingen: "Yes, Yuki. This time, we'll stop him." Lord and vassal nodded to each other. Amidst the tense atmosphere, a scimitar smile appeared on Kenshin's lips.

Kenshin: "There's no hurry. I plan to make this long and pleasurable, Nobunaga."

----------

Today is it. The war with the Uesugi and Takeda forces. I was riding with Nobunaga's warlords at the head of our forces.

Mitsunari: "The castle is close. They won't give us the chance to start a siege. They'll come out fighting."

Ieyasu: "And Kenshin won't stay put this time."

Masamune: "That's not all. We've also got the tiger of Kai, Shingen Takeda, and his chief vassal, Yukimura Sanada. There's some good competition coming out today."

Mitsuhide: "Competition? That's strangely fitting. Kenshin saw through my plan last time. I'm looking forward to paying him back." Standing at the front, Hideyoshi looked over the gathered soldiers.

Hideyoshi: "Is everyone ready?"

Vassal: "Yes!" A massive crowd of shouts echoed over the plains. Please please please-- everyone make it out alive. I clasped my hands tight, but a broad hand came to rest on my shoulder.

Nobunaga: "There's no need to be afraid."

Mai: "I'm not." Standing beside me, Nobunaga cast a look over the assembled crowd.

Nobunaga: "I thank you all for following me here. You have my praise. But I also have a warning. Don't you dare waste your lives. You'll regret it if you do." A roar of cheers went up as Nobunaga flashed a cocky smile. My boyfriend sure can work a crowd! "Mai, listen."

Mai: "Yes?"

Nobunaga turned to me and stooped over. He whispered into my ear with a low, sonorous voice:
Nobunaga: "I have a separate order for you. Survive and live together with me." Nobunaga-- The smile he gave me was strong and warm. Unable to look away from that magnificent man, I nodded.

Mai: "I like those orders. I think I'll carry them out."

Nobunaga: "Good. Now let's go." His coat fluttering behind him, Nobunaga turned and mounted his horse. Every eye was drawn to him. With a powerful voice that seemed to carry everywhere, he signalled the start of the battle. "We depart!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...