Touch Of The Poor

By TzoBngtn

●Where Taehyung is a poor, hardworking boy, trying his best to survive each day, and Jeongguk is a rich CEO... More

Hello
①What Was That All About?
②Are You Even Listening?
③It's Not Gonna Happen Again
④Just Leave Him Alone
⑤Shut up
⑥You Sure Know How To Brag
⑦I Don't Need Your Help
⑧What Are You Doing Here?
⑨You're Asking For It
⑩I Said What I Said
⑪You Went Too Far
⑫Yeah, You Seem Quite Worried
⑬Nothing You Could Handle
⑭It's All You Have, Anyway
⑮How Pathetic Am I?
⑯You Don't Owe Me Anything
⑰I'll Make Sure Of That
⑱Am I Invisible?
⑳It Didn't Mean Anything
㉑What Do You Mean Then?
㉒Only If You Want Me To Be
㉓You Could Have Said It From The Beginning
㉔Don't You Think It Will Be Weird?
㉕That Wasn't Normal
㉖Who Are You Talking About?
㉗You Wouldn't
㉘Would You Be Interested In That?
㉙Yes, You Do
㉚But I'm Not Faking It
㉛Why Are You So Addictive?
㉜This Is Getting Out Of Hand
㉝You Seem To Know Well About Lies
㉞It Wasn't A Joke, Though
㉟I Know
㊱That's All We Need
㊲What The Hell Did You Do?
㊳I'll Let You Think About It
㊴Good For You
㊵How Much Do You Want This?
㊶I Already Told You
㊷You Have Given Me So Many Things
㊸Close Your Eyes
㊹You Changed My Life

⑲For Everything

51.9K 2.6K 836
By TzoBngtn

The two boys resumed bantering after they finished their talk about their deal. One beer turned into two, and one soju turned into three as they cackled almost nonstop. They hit it off rather fast with the help of alcohol as it was a drop awkward at first.

How did they manage to drink that much in only fifty-five minutes, Taehyung really didn't know. He often shot glances at the two, who seemed to be having so much fun together, and for some reason, he felt a flutter of jealousy swim through him. He wanted to be the one who would be there with Jeongguk, chatting and getting drunk.

With his features drawn downwards in gloom, he started cleaning and organizing the bar as it was almost time for him to go home, and he finished soon enough. "Hyung, I'm done."

Inguk crumpled his eyebrows once he saw his deep pout. "Why are you sulking?"

"I'm not."

"And why are you lying about it? I can see you, you know," Inguk snickered, but he received a sigh in response.

"Nothing worth mentioning. Don't worry about it." He showed him a half smile and shuffled towards the exit.

"Tae!" the two boys exclaimed in unison, something that caught Taehyung unawares. They glanced at each other then and burst into laughter, leading the other boy to pout even harder.

"Guys, go home, you're drunk."

"We're not, tell him we're not, Kook," Seokjin slurred and cracked up once more for no particular reason.

"You definitely are, though."

"Tae, join us!" Seokjin chirped as he raised his bottle, only to realize it was empty. "I need another beer."

"No, you need coffee." Another sigh exploded out of his mouth as he sat with them.

"You need a drink though. Such a boomer," Seokjin murmured at last, but they were able to hear him.

Taehyung cast him a death glare. "I'm not in the mood. Stop pissing me off."

"Why, what's wrong?"

To his surprise, Jeongguk leaned against the table and gave him his full attention. "Oh, you can see me now."

"I could see you just fine before too." Jeongguk tsked as he sank back into his seat.

"And apparently, it was too hard for you to greet me like a normal person." He eyed his soju, tapping his foot against the floor. He snatched it out of his hold and chugged it down.

"Yah! That's mine."

"Do I look like I care?" Taehyung sneered and took another swig of his soju.

"Why are you so annoying?"

"Why are you such a jerk?"

"What is going on between you two?" Seokjin asked with narrowed eyes, observing the little amusing scene in front of him from the beginning.

"Nothing, he's just an asshole."

"And he's prickly as always," Jeongguk snapped back, earning a glower from him.

Seokjin roared with laughter at the two boys. "You guys are funny."

An electrified silence fell over them as the two boys looked anywhere but each other. "You know what, I can't understand you! One minute you're caring and considerate, and then you're the biggest asshole I've ever seen," Taehyung went off on him, his forehead puckered in annoyance.

"I don't have to explain myself to you."

"And I don't have to put up with your moody behavior."

"Then don't."

"Okay guys, this is getting serious. Stop," Seokjin cut in, his amused expression melting away.

Taehyung ceased every movement upon hearing what Jeongguk said. He was right. He didn't have to put up with him. Why was he there sitting with such an obnoxious person he didn't even have to put up with?

"Bye, hyung." He jolted out of his seat, paying no mind to his Seokjin, who called his name.

Jeongguk was being an asshole to him, and he was throughout aware of that. He didn't want to get more attached to him than he already was. So being an asshole to him was the only option he had. Or at least the only option he thought he had.

Seokjin set his stern gaze on the younger, disapproval veiling his face. "You bought him medical supplies when he had sprained his ankle."

Jeongguk's body went rigid at the statement, but he nodded a moment later. "I did."

"You paid for his hospital bill."

"I did."

"You went to find him yesterday when he got lost and kept him company because he couldn't sleep."

"I did."

"Obviously you care. Why are you being such an asshole then?"

"I don't."

Seokjin arched a scornful brow at his reply. "I just said all these things to prove that you care so you wouldn't lie to my face, but you did anyway."

"Seokjin—"

"Go make it right. I don't want to work with people who treat my friends badly."

"It's gonna be your loss."

"I don't care. Are you gonna go find him?" He waited for any kind of reaction from him, but he didn't even bat an eyelash. He shook his head at his unacceptable behavior and heaved himself to his feet to go find his dongsaeng.

Jeongguk gripped his wrist when he was about to exit the cafe. "I'll go. Give this to Inguk." He handed him €50.

"That's a lot of money," he mumbled, his eyes double their size by the amount.

"My treat, don't worry about it," Jeongguk reassured with a slight smile and took off.

He didn't have to look for long to spot the black-haired boy. He was at the bus stop just as he thought. His steps were small and faltering as he neared him; he had no idea what to say to him.

Taehyung's eyes rolled to the back of his head in frustration the moment he caught a glimpse of him and flipped his head in the opposite direction.

The younger sat next to him with a good amount of space between them, still void of any idea of what to say. He couldn't act like an asshole to him since he went after him, and he couldn't be too soft to him either. But since he wanted to take care of him and protect him, he couldn't be an asshole to him anymore.

"I'm sorry," slid out of his mouth in a murmur as he vacantly stared at the ground.

"I don't care. I'm tired, Jeongguk." He closed his eyes for a spell, striving to control his emotions.

"I'm sorry."

"I told you I don't care. You should have thought about that before being the obnoxious, asshole you are!"

"You're right."

"Stop acting like you're actually sorry. You are never sorry about anything."

"I am sorry about a lot of things. I just don't admit it." Jeongguk continued talking with a mellow voice, still not meeting his gaze.

"Yes, because you're selfish. And I can't understand why you're suddenly admitting it to me now."

"Because I made you sad. I don't want you to be sad."

"You have treated me way worse in the past." A chuckle in sheer disbelief of what he just heard flew off his mouth.

"And I'm sorry about that too."

Taehyung didn't seem to have anything to say in return. It was the first time since he met him that he apologized to him, and fuck, he didn't know what to do about it. "For everything?" he breathed out as his puppy-like eyes traveled to his face.

"For everything."

Just then, Taehyung perceived the bus coming towards them and sighed as he didn't want to leave yet. "My bus." He pushed himself off his seat unwittingly.

"I'll drive you." Jeongguk jumped to his feet as he reached out to grab his hand but halted midway and dropped it to his side before Taehyung could see him.

He turned around, only to see Jeongguk stand just a step away from him. His breath hitched at the proximity as he gazed at him, but he didn't edge away. He didn't know why he wanted so much to stay with him in the first place, but the bus was now long gone, and he was stuck with him.

And it amazed him beyond measure that he didn't mind that at all.

Although it was hard for Jeongguk to think straight as he stared at his beautiful, bewitching eyes, he was able to remember what they were talking about before the bus appeared. "For everything," he repeated once more, hoping the older would believe him.

"Can't we just be like two normal friends?" he blurted out after a moment. "Like fight and stuff but nothing too serious."

That certain word was like a storm of spikes that perforated his chest. He didn't know what Taehyung was to him, but the idea of calling him just a friend was rather disturbing. "We can." He choked back whatever he felt and said instead.

Taehyung's face lit up upon hearing his words, and without contemplating it, he pitched forward and threw his arms around his nape. "If we're friends now, hug me back," he said with a small giggle, oblivious to Jeongguk's heart that palpitated madly and his body that felt as if it was alight just by a simple hug.

The younger wavered, but he encircled his slim body with his arms as well. He was freaking out again, it was no secret, but something about Taehyung's hug made a torrent of warmth nest inside his heart. The older fitted perfectly in his embrace, but he didn't fail to notice how tiny his waist was. He was indeed too skinny for his own good.

Taehyung had his face buried into the crook of his neck, able to inhale his enchanting aroma, something that smelled like lemon mixed with cinnamon. He couldn't help the giddy smile that tugged at his lips as he drew in deep puffs of his scent, feeling so safe and protected in his arms.

Jeongguk was the first to withdraw, maybe a little sooner than Taehyung wanted, but he didn't protest since he thought it could be too much for him to handle. He knew he didn't like others initiating skinship, but he couldn't confine his urge to hug him.

"Let me drive you home."

"Aren't you drunk?"

"No, don't worry. I can handle my alcohol well."

"Okay then. Have you, um, have you eaten?" Taehyung asked, and his wary tone didn't pass unnoticed by the other.

Having the boy asking him if he had eaten was something Jeongguk thought he would never hear as he knew he wasn't eating that much. "No. With everything, I forgot."

"Do you wanna eat something before you drop me home?"

"You're hungry? Really?"

"Not so much, but I should eat, right?" He tittered as he tossed his head down.

The younger didn't answer immediately. "Yes, you should," he whispered, his eyes filled with astonishment as he couldn't believe that Taehyung listened to him and wanted to start eating more.

"Do you wanna go back inside?" Taehyung asked.

"We can go anywhere you want."

"I don't mind."

"Do you want to order some takeout and go somewhere else?"

"Like where?"

"There's a really nice place close by that I'm sure you're gonna like."

"How can you know that?"

"I just have a feeling."

"Okay then, let's do that." Taehyung beamed at him and giggled afterwards.

Jeongguk's heart was struck by another river of warmth once his cherubic laugh infiltrated his senses. He tried his best to ignore it and led the way to the cafe a few moments later.

"Tae? I thought you left," Inguk said with wrinkled brows.

"I didn't yet. Can we order some food?"

"Both of you?" He glanced back and forth at the two boys, his eyes a tad bigger than normal.

"Yeah?" Taehyung seemed mystified by his inquiry.

"And you're gonna eat together?"

"Hyung," Jeongguk uttered with a sigh. "Why the interrogation?"

"I'm just shocked you two are getting along finally, that's all." Inguk chuckled and offered them a joyous smile. "I'm glad."

"Me too." Taehyung smiled as well while he glimpsed at the dark brown-haired boy.

They ordered two portions of japchae, and Inguk went to the kitchen to help the chefs. "So how is this place we're gonna go?" Taehyung asked, curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

"You'll see," he answered with a near-silent chuckle, finding his eagerness rather adorable.

"Can't you just tell me at least something?" He pouted then, something that only made him more adorable to Jeongguk's eyes. He had indeed gone soft. At least for the gorgeous boy who was in front of him at that moment.

"You're too impatient."

"Yes, so tell me."

"No."

"Jeongguk! Please."

"It's just beautiful."

"Yeah, but how much beautiful?"

Not as beautiful as you though. This thought floated in his head, but he chose to keep it to himself. "You'll see in a while. Stop asking."

The older pouted harder at his words as he crossed his arms. "Why are you so secretive?"

"Because I want to?" Jeongguk sneered, leading the other to snort and shake his head.

Taehyung decided to stop with the questions since he knew he wouldn't get a word out of him, and thankfully, their takeout was ready soon enough. After Jeongguk paid, they thanked Inguk and bundled off, walking side by side.

⚜✳⚜

  Double update because this book blew up suddenly and I'm so excited about it. Thank you so much for your support guys💜🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 20.2K 50
●Where Jeongguk happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and ends up working in the VIP section of a club which is run by a guy named V. A...
396K 23.1K 50
●Where Taehyung is a young lawyer, who always strives to prove his worth, and Jeongguk is a college kid, who doesn't know nor cares about laws and bo...
886K 28K 32
Kim Taehyung an arrogant CEO and a famous model in Korea who falls for an innocent and kind college student Jeon Jungkook Top Tae Bottom Kook
37.8K 2K 16
Kim Taehyung.... A billionaire CEO with severe anger issues...He wants everything perfect just like him...but what happens when he finds his secretar...