Pancakes and Pudding «« Kozum...

RestlessRei által

A Kozume Kenma fanfiction A baker and a gamer brought together by fate by way of a cat: (y/n)'s life was nev... Több

Prologue || Meeting
Chapter 1 || It's you
Chapter 2 || Misunderstandings
Chapter 3 || Volleyball Club
Chapter 4 || The Map that Leads to You
Chapter 5 || Pocket Full of Sunshine
Chapter 6 || Cats and Crows
Chapter 7 || Rainy Days
Chapter 8 || How Awkward
Chapter 9 || Confessions
Chapter 10 || Date
Chapter 11 || Jealousy
Chapter 12 || Study Dates
Chapter 13 || Tokyo Training Camp
Chapter 14 || Underneath the Moonlight
Chapter 15 || Cat's Out of the Bag
Chapter 16 || Simply Sweet
Chapter 18 || Resolution
Chapter 19 || New Year
Chapter 20 || Endings and Beginnings
Epilogue || Together
Announcements
Extra 1 || Pancakes
Extra 2 || Late Night Talks
Extra 3 || Apologies
Extra 4 || Fireworks
Extra 5 || Live Cast
Final Thanks

Chapter 17 || Conflict

8.9K 363 1.7K
RestlessRei által

warning: cursing 

(y/n) sighed as the bell rang once again, signifying the end of her sixth class. She had one more class to go before school was over and then she was off to her manager duties for the volleyball club. 

Putting her notebook in her bag, (y/n) quickly took out another one for her last class. She was thankful for the short six-minute breaks between classes, (y/n) didn't know what'd she do if she had to attend four hours of class straight. 

She shuddered at the thought. It was impossible. She wouldn't survive. 

The classroom filled with the soft murmurs of her classmates, all too tired to get up and walk across the room towards their friends. (y/n) looked back at Kenma, the pudding haired boy was already clicking away at his games under the desk. He was hoping to squeeze in one battle before the teacher came in. It wasn't impossible, but it certainly was going to be quite difficult. 

(y/n) heard her phone buzz from under her desk, silently thanking that it went off during break instead of during class. 

'(y/n) please save me. I wasn't paying attention during class, can you send a picture of your notes?' 

(y/n) looked back, catching Sakurai's gaze. The brunette sent her a sheepish smile, clapping her palms together as she silently pleaded for help. 

(y/n) huffed, pulling out the notebook she just put away. She took a few pictures before sending it to Sakurai, hearing the familiar text tone a couple of seconds later. 

(y/n) held back a laugh as Sakurai sent her a thumbs up and a couple of hearts. 

'(y/n) you life saver, I love youuuuuu' 

The girl shook her head, putting her notebook away again before leaning her head on the desk. 

She took in a deep breath. (y/n) was thankful that the weather was cooling down. It wasn't that she disliked summer, but the heat and humidity along with the body heat from the boys in the gym were unbearable, not to mention how the smell of sweat remained even after they cleaned the gym. 

She was sure the team felt the same way. Nekomata-sensei increased their training since the interhighs were coming up, and she was sure they wouldn't survive if the weather was as hot as it was before. The team played in numerous practice matches throughout the past couple of weeks, and many of the third years stayed later to polish their serves and receives. 

(y/n) couldn't even begin to recall the number of times Kuroo told her and Kenma to head home without him, only for the third year to be kicked out of the gym by Nekomata-sensei. 

Nekomata-sensei wasn't opposed to the extra practice, but he did know when to stop the boys. He knew they wanted to improve, but continually pushing themselves to the limit without rest wasn't the way to do it. They'd only hurt themselves more than anything. 

One of the downsides to the increase in practice was that (y/n) and Kenma couldn't spend as much time together. Practice time was cut shorter on the weekends, and they did have Sundays off, but exams were also coming up again and the duo spent most of their free time studying instead of having fun. 

(y/n) sighed, sitting up straight and opening up her notebook to a new page. She lazily wrote the date on the left side of the paper and begun drawing flowers around it. 

The bell rang not long after, the gentle tolls echoing throughout the school. She heard her classmates whispering, all shocked and confused as to why their teacher hasn't arrived. He'd always go on and on about the importance of punctuality, and how being on time was a good habit, so it was strange that he wasn't here. 

The low conversations were silenced as the classroom door slammed open, the sound of the impact causing many of the students to jump or yelp in shock. It wasn't their teacher who stood at the doorway, but Morioka Hisao. 

Morioka gripped onto the doorframe, fingers digging into the paint has his chest heaved. His eyebrows were scrunched, almost close enough to be touching and his lips were locked in a hard scowl. 

(y/n)'s breath hitched in her throat, as she and Morioka locked eyes, the taller male hardening his glare as he stalked over to her, looking ready to snap without a moment's notice. 

"M-morioka-kun, did you just get back from your training camp?" (y/n) stuttered out as the taller male looked down at her. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she could almost hear the blood rushing through her veins.  

(y/n) resisted the urge to look back at Kenma, knowing that diverting her attention would only anger Morioka more. She settled for holding a hand down where Kenma could see it, hoping that he'd get her message and not intervene unless it was absolutely necessary. 

"Cut the bullshit (y/n), that's not why I'm here," He seethed, causing (y/n) to flinch. He took his phone out and slammed it on the table, the impact causing his already cracked screen to worsen. "What the hell is this?" 

"....where did you get this picture?" (y/n) muttered, looking down at his phone screen. It showed a picture of her and Kenma after school. (y/n) had her arms wrapped around Kenma, her mouth slightly open in a laugh as she gazed at the male. Kenma on the other hand was not as amused, his arms were placed gently on (y/n)'s shoulders as he tried to push the girl away. 

The photo was taken earlier that week when Kuroo told Kenma and (y/n) to head home before them. They'd just finished another set of practice matches, and the third years were adamant about staying later. Kenma was more tired than usual that day since they played four matches. All of which they won, but Kenma was surprised he was able to last till the end. 

Kenma made an effort to distance himself from (y/n), saying that he was sweaty, but the fact that he was trying to stay away only made (y/n) want to be near him more, hence the hugging incident that was captured. 

(y/n) silently cursed. She didn't think anyone would see them. They were one of the few clubs that'd stay that late, and (y/n) made sure that no one was around them before she hugged Kenma. But she was careless. She was foolish to think that they wouldn't get caught.

"You're avoiding the question," Morioka growled, snatching his phone back from her hands. "You're a goddamn liar." 

"Morioka I..." (y/n) bit the side of her cheek. She couldn't deny it, he was right. She lied to everyone that asked. She told them she and Kenma weren't dating. She didn't mean any harm by doing so, she didn't think something like this would happen. They only kept their relationship a secret because they didn't want anyone asking them about it. Though their plan seems to have greatly backfired. 

"Did you have fun?" He asked, clenching his jaw tight. "Did you have fun seeing me fall for you? Huh? Did you think I wouldn't get angry after you spent months lying to me?" 

"Morioka, can we talk about this later? In private? Please." (y/n) pleaded, hearing the silent whispers of her classmates. 

"Why? So everyone won't know that you're a lying whore? So you can keep that good girl reputation that you've tried so hard to maintain?" Morioka sneered, placing his hands on top of (y/n)'s desk, leaning in closer to her. (y/n) was frozen in place, too terrified to move. She tried to avoid his gaze but it was no use, she could feel his glare on her. 

"Did you enjoy leading me on?" He whispered, (y/n) cringed as his hot breath fanned her face. 

"I never..." (y/n) trailed off, leaning back into her chair to create some distance between her and the male, but Morioka only leaned in closer. "I wasn't trying to lead you on." 

"Then what the hell have you been doing this whole time?!" Morioka yelled, slamming one hand down on the table. (y/n) heard some of her classmates gasp, but no one made a move to help her, all too scared to fall victim to Morioka's anger. 

"I was just trying to be your friend," (y/n) said, her voice wavering after every other word. 

"Friend?" Morioka asked, letting out a dry laugh. "You were just trying to be my friend?"

Morioka stared at her, waiting for her to answer. (y/n) slowly nodded, not trusting her voice to speak. 

He let out another hoarse laugh. He raised his hand and ran it through his hair in disbelief. "Do you really think I'd believe that? You really want me to fucking believe that you'd choose someone like Kozume over me?"

(y/n) narrowed her eyes at the mention of her boyfriend's name. She knew Kenma wasn't the most social person ever, but she didn't think that anyone would have a reason to dislike him. Kenma was quiet but he wasn't one to cause drama. 

Morioka raised an eyebrow at (y/n)'s expression. "Don't tell me I'm right?" 

(y/n) stayed silent. 

"You'd really chose someone as pathetic as Kozume?" He asked in disbelief. 

"He's not pathetic." (y/n) said through clenched teeth. Her fingers curled over the edge of her desk, digging into it as fury replaced fear. 

"Are you fucking blind (y/n)? What the hell do you see in him? All he does is play those lame ass videogames, the freak doesn't even bother to talk to people." 

"Stop," (y/n) muttered through clenched teeth. Her grip tightened around her desk as Morioka went on. 

"He's boring, that's why no one likes him. That's why everyone stays away from him. You should learn something from them and do the same," Morioka continued, not noticing the frown on (y/n)'s face deepen. 

"He can't even protect you. Like look at him, he's so scrawny, and what the hell is up with that long hair? Kozume could barely even pass as a dude. I bet he's the type to run away when you're in trouble. Hell, he's not even doing anything right now, doesn't that-" 

"Morioka, stop," (y/n) seethed. She ignored the pain in her fingers, knowing that she'd take her anger out on Morioka instead of the desk. "You're wrong. You don't know anything about him." 

"No you don't know shit (l/n)," Morioka growled, inching closer to the girl. "You're so blinded by 'love,' you can't even see how pathetic he is." 

"You're wrong," (y/n) repeated, raising her voice as she sent a hate filled glare towards the male. "I know him better than you do. Stop talking like you're better than him, you aren't even half the kind of person Kenma is." 

"You take that back," Morioka snarled, grabbing (y/n) by her collar. The girl made a choked sound as she was tugged forward, her hip hitting the edge of her desk. The action caused some of their classmates to gasp. Sounds of the chair scraping against the floor were heard as some tried to intervene. 

"Stay out of it," Morioka snapped, narrowing his eyes at the students who stood up. "Or you're next." 

Morioka turned his attention back to the girl in front of him, grasping her uniform tighter as he pulled her in closer. "Take it back." 

"No," (y/n) said, her arms trembling as she tried to push herself away from the male.

"Take. It. Back." Morioka repeated, his fist curling up into a ball at his side. 

"I said," (y/n) seethed, her eyes flickering up to meet Morioka's. "No." 

"You..." Morioka scowled. He threw (y/n) into her chair, causing the girl to cry out in shock at the sudden force. She silently cursed, feeling her back tingle at the spot of the impact, already knowing a bruise would form.

"You know (y/n), you're a real fucking bitch," Morioka sneered. He raised a hand and swung down. (y/n) closed her eyes and brought her hands up, waiting for the hit but it never came. She slowly opened her eyes, spotting the familiar pudding haired male in front of her. 

"That's enough, Morioka." Kenma said, his voice as calm as ever, his hand wrapped around Morioka's wrist in a vice-like grip. 

"Stay out of this Kozume, mind your own goddamn business," Morioka glared down at the boy. 

Kenma returned the favor, clamping down harder on the boy's wrist. "This is my business. You're hurting my girlfriend." 

(y/n) felt her heart skip a beat at the sudden declaration. She was sure most of her classmates figured out something was going on between them after everything Morioka has said, but hearing Kenma call her his girlfriend had a different effect on her. 

Though, the heartwarming moment lasted only for a second. The whispers on her classmates started up again, and (y/n) heard a couple of unsettling comments. 

"So Morioka was right? (l/n) and Kozume? No way." 

"I didn't even know they were friends." 

"So the rumors at the beginning of the school year were true?" 

"I get why they'd hide their relationship. The fact that Kozume is dating someone is already a big shocker." 

(y/n) bit her lip, worry coursing through her veins. Kenma wasn't the most popular person at the school. It was intentional of course, he didn't like others' attention, he didn't want to know what they thought of him, it'd be best if they didn't think of him at all. 

But here he was, everyone's attention focused on him as he tried to clean up her mess. This never would've happened if (y/n) just rejected Morioka instead of beating around the bush. 

"Your girlfriend?" Morioka laughed. "You still like this bitch after knowing what she did to me?" 

Kenma narrowed his eyes at the insult. "Are you sure you're not the bitch? Bursting into class when you've been absent for the whole week, only to immediately start a fight? And what she did to you? Are you sure you're not the fool for not realizing she's taken? Aren't you the fool for not realizing she wasn't into you? Does insulting (y/n) and placing the blame on her make you feel better about yourself?" 

Morioka grabbed Kenma by the shirt and slammed him against the side of the teacher's desk. He clenched his jaw as Kenma tightened his grip on his arm, his nails digging in and threatening to break skin. 

He glared into Kenma's eyes, his brown ones clashing against Kenma's golden ones. Morioka felt the blood running through his veins, his body becoming hot as anger clouded his vision. 

Kenma glared back, expression neural but fire danced around his eyes as he thought of hundreds of different ways to destroy Morioka. 

"Kozume you fucking piece of shit. Are you looking down on me?" Morioka growled, gripping the boy's shirt tighter. Kenma smirked, amused at how easily Morioka lost his cool. "Oh? Is that what you think I'm doing?" 

"You damn bastard-" Morioka reeled his arm back, his hand forming into a tight first, shaking with rage. (y/n)'s eyes widened. 

"Morioka don't!"

"What in the world do you two think you're doing?!" A low, irritated voice boomed over the class.  Their teacher Sato-sensei was standing at the door, arms crossed and lips turned downwards into a frown. He looked at the two as if they were disturbing class, as if he was not the one five minutes late. 

"Morioka, Kozume. Principal's office. Now!" He shouted, slamming his books onto the desk. "And good lord Morioka, get off of the poor boy." 

Morioka frowned, subtly pushing against Kenma before letting go. Kenma looked unbothered as he straightened his shirt and blazer. His eyes flickered towards (y/n), meeting her tear filled eyes. He gave her a small smile, hoping that it would reassure her that he was fine, but it only seemed to worry the girl more. 

"Fujioka!" Sato-sensei shouted, causing the class president to shoot out of his seat. "Make sure these two make it to the principal's office." 

Fujioka cringed, not wanting to get in the middle of their conflict but he could say little with Sato-sensei staring down at him. "Yes, sensei." 

"Sensei wait, Kenma didn't do anything wrong," (y/n) pipped up, rushing to her teacher's desk. 

Sato-sensei sighed, bringing a hand up to rub his temples. "(l/n), I suggest you return to your seat. That is, unless you wish to be sent to the principal's office with them." 

(y/n) bit the side of her cheek, her fingers picking on the button of her cardigan as she tried to form the right words. 

"(y/n)," Kenma said, causing the girl to look at him. "I'll be fine." 

"Are you sure?" She asked, stepping closer to the boy. Kenma nodded. "Wait for me." 

Morioka rolled his eyes, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his pants. "Fucking disgusting."

"Morioka! Language! You two hurry up, Fujioka make sure they get there in one piece," Sato-sensei snapped, taking a piece of chalk in his hand to write on the board. "Goodness gracious, this is what I get for being late. You see students, this is why punctuality is important." 

(y/n) silently made her way back to her seat, her head hanging low when she heard the classroom door slide shut. She couldn't pay attention. She couldn't focus. She didn't want to focus. She wanted to leave. She wanted to get away from everyone, get away from their stares, get away from their whispers, and whatever rumors they could be coming up with. 

She gulped, feeling her throat tighten up as she heard someone giggle. They couldn't have been laughing at her, or maybe they were. Sato-sensei's lessons were never funny. 

(y/n) clenched her fists as the monotonous ticking of the clock echoed in her head. It was her fault. She should be the one in the principal's office. She should be the one taking the blame. Not Kenma. Kenma didn't do anything wrong. It was because of her selfish desire to keep everyone happy that this happened. 

The classroom door slid open once again. (y/n) whipped her head up, hoping that she'd see Kenma standing there, hoping that he didn't have to get punished because of what she did, but instead she saw Fujioka. 

"Sensei, the vice-principal is asking for (l/n) and Sakurai," (y/n) blinked, slowly looking back to her friend who sent her a subtle thump up from under the desk. 

Sato-sensei sighed, tapping his head with the end of a ruler. "That's fine. Take your bags, one of you bring Kozume's. School is almost over." 

(y/n) nodded, silently gathering her things. She walked over to Kenma's desk. Her eyes trailed from his bag to his pencil, her eyes widening at the sight. It was broken. 

"(y/n) let's go," Sakurai hummed from the door, her bag already slung around her shoulder. (y/n) nodded and quickly put Kenma's stuff away, careful not to crumple any papers. The two bid their teacher goodbye before walking to the office. 

"(y/n), don't worry," Sakurai started, unlocking her phone. She held it up. "Kozume and I took videos for evidence. You'll be okay." 

The brunette huffed, a soft smile making its way on her face as (y/n) stayed silent. She gently squeezed the girl's shoulder, hoping that the action would provide some sort of comfort. Sakurai's smile widened as the girl nudged her back a couple of seconds later. 

The duo stood in front of the door. (y/n)'s grip on Kenma's bag tightened, knowing that the two boys were waiting on the other side of the door. Sakurai paused, looking to (y/n) before knocking. "Ready?" 

(y/n) nodded her head and Sakurai knocked three times.

"Come in," They heard from the other side of the door. The two entered, seeing Kenma and Morioka sitting in two chairs in front of the principal. 

"Miss (l/n) (y/n), it's come to my attention that you were involved in this conflict too," The principal started. (y/n) nodded, gulping as the principal stared her down. 

"Miss Sakurai, Kozume said that you also took a video?" She asked. Sakurai nodded, taking out her phone and handing it to the principal. It was silent for a couple of minutes. (y/n) cringed, hearing her voice along with Morioka's. She kept her head down, feeling Kenma's gaze on her. 

The principal sighed after a while, shutting off Sakurai's phone and handing it back to the girl. 

"Thank you Sakurai, you may leave," Said girl nodded, taking her phone back and waving goodbye to (y/n) and Kenma before quietly shutting the door. 

The principal leaned back, a long breath leaving her lips as she stared at the three teens in front of her. "Morioka, one week suspension from club activities. Kozume and (l/n), five day suspension from club activities." 

(y/n) felt her breath hitch in her throat. It seems like she wasn't the only one surprised. Morioka abruptly stood up, his chair scraping against the floor and falling with a loud 'clank.' 

"Ma'am, one week?! But our tournaments start in three weeks, I can't miss practice!" Morioka exclaimed. The principal rose her eyebrow. "Then maybe you should've thought more before picking a fight. I'm being lenient Morioka. I could extend your suspension." 

Morioka quickly shut his mouth. He silently picked his chair up, sitting back down on it with a huff. 

The principal sighed, quickly writing on a note. She slid it towards Morioka before leaning back into her chair. "You're dismissed, Morioka. Go home."

The male tsked, snatching the note from the table. He sent one last glare towards (y/n), the girl shrinking under his gaze. "Morioka."

The male grunted, stepping out and shutting the door with a slam. 

"That boy..." The principal sighed, shaking her head. 

"Kozume, (l/n), it's unfortunate that I have to punish you two, but as the principal, I simply cannot ignore your involvement." She said, smiling sadly as (y/n) stayed silent.

"Kozume, I do not condone violence but I must say you did good. Take care of her," The principal said, glancing at the boy. Kenma nodded. "I will." 

Kenma stood up, walking over to (y/n). The girl kept her head down, too ashamed to meet Kenma's eyes. He sighed, taking his bag from her. "Let's go home, (y/n)." 

 (y/n) followed silently behind the boy, the founds of their footsteps echoing throughout the hallway. 

The silence was suffocating. (y/n) didn't know what he was thinking. She didn't want to look at him, but she could feel his eyes on her. She wanted to shrink away. She wanted to hide. She wanted to apologize. She wanted to disappear. 

Her hands formed into fists. 

The walls of the hallway were closing in on her. 

The guilt was bubbling inside her. 

Her body burned with every gaze sent her way. 

Tears welled up in her eyes. 

The silent whispered reached her ears. 

She stayed silent. 

___

Haha...I'll show myself out now. 

Thank you so much for all the support. I never imagined I'd get anywhere near 4.5k reads, seeing that makes me so happy

I'll try to get the next chapter up as fast as I can, but it might be a bit difficult cause Wattpad has been acting weird. Stories aren't loading and there was one day where everything appeared in French....I also had quite the scare earlier cause more than half the chapter disappeared but I was able to get it back...hopefully Wattpad goes back to normal soon

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

513K 23.3K 42
Desperate times call for desperate measures. After you get fired from your job for an unfair reason, you immediately went to the bar to comfort yours...
384K 10.2K 30
this was written in 2020-2021 so it has that type of humor 😭😭 super cringe fr... "hey youre hot" "i know right 🥵" after time-skip ! In which, Y/N...
37.6K 1.4K 72
kireina tensai was a second year at nekoma high with two big secrets, the first, her family was the owners and inventors of rakki neko games, a compa...
325K 12K 42
Being a third year at Nekoma high was interesting to say the least. Y/n L/n always had a book shoved in her face or writing in her journal. You'd al...